Insult

Passers-by to Lovers

Seungyeon’s POV

I was again, looking out of the window, witnessing all the fun events that happened outside.
Kids holding onto their parents’ hands as they walk along the streets, an old couple holding onto each others’ hands as they strolled across the road smiling as their wrinkles appeared on their faces. But these wrinkles aren’t representing the number of years that they had lived on earth but the number of years that happiness had already been together with them.

But it was then I realized, that it had been such a long time that I hadn’t had a good look outside the window as I noticed a renovation on the other street that have already been going on for a few days. I started to think back as then I realized that for the past few days staying in the café, I wasn’t looking at outside of the window but a special person who is working diligently inside it.

I was in deep wonder until a certain person entered the café with the aroma of fried chickens.

“Jinki oppa!” that caught my attention.

I turned around, but all I see is Jessica smiling ever so sweetly with a packet of fried chickens on her hand. “I bought it from that famous store that you like! I queued for the whole of three hours!” I didn’t want to admit this, but. This is something I considered uncomfortable to me.

I then looked at Jinki who then looked at that packet of chicken as if he could even swallow the plastic together with the them into that stomach of his. I chuckled a bit as I saw that priceless expression as if he is starting a sweet conversation with the chicken as he bite off the chicken’s meat with that cute expression of his. So, he would become like this in the appearance of chicken?

It was then, I stopped giggling as I saw a pair of eyes menacing at me. Why is she looking at me like this?
I then tried to think as hard as possible as I thought through the past.
No, I didn’t offend her. In fact, I only met her once and it was at that canteen.
Did I do anything offensive to her in the canteen?
I then thought to myself again.

I quickly turned my focus back to the view outside the window as that glare gets stronger and stronger every second. It was as if that piercing look of hers are like the ones of a tiger who is targeting her prey as she sets her gaze upon it waiting for the right time for her to dash out and to attack it without letting its prey notice.

Maybe I was too absorbed in the fear I was shivering from just now that I didn’t realized that the tiger slowly sets down her paws as she sits down right opposite of me.

“Seungyeon-sshi?” she called me politely as I jumped in shocked to see her opposite of me, totally unaware of her presence until she started speaking.

“Ahnyeonghaseyo Jessica-sshi.” I too, politely greeted her back.

“I guess you have been here for quite some time.” She said as she noticed the empty plate that I had. Hours ago, that plate has the cheesecake freshly took out from the counter and placed right in front of me.

“Neh.” I looked down; I didn’t know why I feel so intimidated when she is around. I did nothing wrong, didn’t I?

“You sure have lots of free time.” She said sarcastically.

Cold sweats start breaking out.

“So you spend your free time seducing guys?” she adds on.

I looked up. It was this sentence that began to rise the temperature in my blood.

“What do you mean?” this time, I no longer feel intimidated, but anger took its place as I stared back into her eyes.

“Stop pretending.” She smirked, “just how many guys have you been at bed with?”

Lifting up her hand as she pretended to count, “I think it’s even more than the fingers on my hand.” She sneered while crossing her legs.

Blood slowly starts to boil as I looked away, trying to calm myself down.

“Well, I guess you are too speechless to even give a reply isn’t it? So I guess whatever you did is real.” She peered at me as she continues, “what a .”

“You are the one who did it, aren’t you?” I took in a deep breath and glared at her with flame in my eyes. Taking in another breath before I continue, “the one who spread that rumour.” I didn’t know what gave me this thought, but there’s something I sure know- a woman’s sixth sense is always accurate and true.

“So what?” a smirk slips out from her lips as she scoffed and mocked at me.

I looked at her in disbelief. Why would someone like her actually befriend Jinki? So those rumours in school about me aborting twice as I go around having with almost every guy is spread by her. Now, not only people in school thought I was a jinx, but also a woman who sleeps around ever so often.

I tried to stay calm as I took in another deep breath. But the only option left for me is to get out of this café. That is the only way that I won’t get into a fight with her or to mess up the business here. I then immediately took my bag and prepared to leave until what happened after that stopped me.

“Leaving so soon? In a hurry to sleep with another man?” she smirks widely this time as she looked up at me with those mocking eyes as she laid on the sofa so comfortably.

“Splash!” water came pouring down her head like how the water is putting off the fire in me.

“Key…” I looked up only to see a furious him pouring a jar of water down her head.

It was the first time I saw such an angry Key.

“Seungyeon noona. Lets’ go.” Key pulled my hand as we leaves the café swiftly, leaving all the customers’ gazes focused on us as I tried to keep up the pace of him.


Jessica’s POV

“Sica?! Are you alright?” Jinki oppa rushed to me with concern as water continues to drip down from my hair onto my leg.

“What had happened?” he asked. But before I could continue, he too, rushed to the doors and left.

“Here, take this clean towel and dry yourself.” A guy with a weird Korean accent speaks as he handled over the towel to me.

“Thanks.” I managed to squeeze out this word despite the anger that grows in me as I think back at how Key pours the water down on me.

“Are you alright?” he asked again.

“Neh, …” I tried to calm myself down as I remember again how Jinki oppa rushed over to me like I’m his precious princess.

“I know you are Jinki oppa’s colleague but your name…”

“Jaebeom.” He said looking disappointed.

“Sorry.” I apologized immediately after noticing that expression of his.

“It’s ok. I got to go back since both Key and Jinki are not around now. I think it’s better for you if you go home to change your clothes.” He said before heading back to the counter.


Jinki’s POV

“Key!” I yelled, trying to hold back the both of them.

I ran towards them as they stopped and was waiting for me. Though my heart ached as I saw the both of them holding hands, but I knew it’s not the time for this.

“Why did you do that?” I tried to talk nicely. I knew Key isn’t that type of person to do something rash, but I too know that Jessica wouldn’t do something that bad that would cause Key to do something like this. Some misunderstanding must have happened between them.

“Go back and ask her yourself.” He said rudely, as I saw Seungyeon bit down her lips.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“She called Seungyeon noona a and even spread a stupid rumour at your school.” He said. I was stunned, as I froze there, seeing them both leaves together hand in hand. It was a double shock for me. Seungyeon and Key holding hands off together and Jessica calling Seungyeon a .
What on Earth is going on? I’m clueless.
-


Chicken pox, goodbyeeeeeeeeee (:
Finally, I am free to go out again! Tml, anticipating my cca graduation party. ;D

Remember the challenge that I once mentioned that I had finished writing?
I have finally posted the forewords of it!
Poster is beautifully done by xherodbskx of Gorgeous Hue.
Be sure to check out that challenge: Do You Remember? ;a MinStal fic.

Replies:
keyflower Haha. I will try to update ASAP! But somehow I wasn;t into this 'writing story' mood. But well, I will find my inspiration back soon!
leecarol2410 Haha. Don't worry, there will be a surprise. And the happy ending might only happen for JongRi. D:
WonderBinnie LMAO. That's not a lot & it's not that good either. I believe a sweeter chapter will come up soon. (:
Crystal-Clear Hahaha. Your comment is so cute (: But sth like this has to happen in order for JongRi moment to occur. ;D
Eileen_97 Thanks! You are AWESOME! ;D
HaM_ForeVer RECOVERED. ;D Going out to breathe in some fresh air to gain back some inspiration. ;D Been staying at home for way too long. ><
dububu Haha. OnYeon moment is going to appear soon! Soon, soon. ;D
loveternallyou Aw, thanks. ;D I love your comment. Your fanfic gives me the feeling that I actually was a 3rd party watching the whole scene! Haha. ;D