I Hate You

Hated

Jieun never met anyone who colder than her, maybe she was the coldest person in her life, or in the world?

She would complain even about simplest thing, she hated everything. She hated the fact her father left her mom when she was still young. She hated the only person she loved in this world –her mom– die because of sick and they cannot do anything for her mom because they didn’t have money to paid hospital bills. She also hates her life in orphanage since ten as her mom left her alone in this cruel world.

Despite of her lack, she manage her own good to study hard to rewarded full scholarship of the best school in Seoul.

Maybe she had her cold personality since she attend that prestigious school. Those chaebol didn’t accept her because she was from orphanage, and that orphan girl gets the best score in every study and raised as the top student. None of those rich kids want to be friend with her. She didn’t know what her fault; she didn’t know what their problem. She was clueless.

But instead to being kind, she manage her own for being cold.

She stayed alone, with no friends. But with all she needs, she spent her whole time in library. Maybe that's one of the reasons why she was popular known as the Library Queen at school. Everyone at school knew her as Library Queen simply because they would find her in the library almost every day. She would come early to school and stay in the library until the first class started. Her break time was also dedicated to spending time in the library.

She loved to spend her time in library because there’s none of spoilt chaebol would say annoyed thing just for . She loved because there’s the most quiet and calm place instead the other in her school.

But then suddenly another chaebol come into the picture to break her peaceful life.

Click. Click. Click.

"What are you doing?" she asked as she looked at the culprit with annoyance. He was standing not far from her, holding a camera.

"I'm taking pictures." The person answered nonchalantly. She was quite surprise. The person has a cute face but deep voice, something that doesn’t match with each other.

She raised one of her eyebrows, "It's obvious because I see your camera. Don't you know that nobody is allowed to take pictures let alone bring a camera into the library?" she asked again.

"Really?" he innocently asked.

She sighed and pointed to a huge board hanging on the wall behind the librarian counter. "Can't you see that?" she asked him again.

"Ah…that." he said as he pulled a chair in front of her and sat down, "Yeah, I can see it. So…what about it?"

She raised her eyebrows again and let out a frustrated sigh. "The rules in the library are clearly printed on the board. You're not allowed to bring camera in the library." She said slowly as if she was talking to a little boy.

She saw him nod his head. He put his camera on the table, reached into his pocket and pulled out a card.

"Here." He said as he shoved the card in front of her. She read the card which was the university press ID card. "As you can see, I'm allowed to bring my camera and take pictures in all university premises. And that includes the library." He said again to her in victory.

"Then…are you done?" she asked, pouting, obviously not happy with the result.

"For now…"

"Then, why don't you leave?" she harshly asked.

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Because you are still here."

She could feel her blood boil under her skin. She closed her eyes for a brief moment to compose herself. Never in her life had she found someone with the ability to annoy her just in a mere second. "How is that related to you?" she finally asked him.

"Because…" he said as he leaned forward, "you, the Library Queen, will be our headline this month."

"What!?"

She let out a soft chuckle. She'd never dreamt that one day she would be the university magazine's headline news. She heard that she was chosen because of her academic achievement. She had been really happy knowing that people appreciated her but she didn't want to do it. It was too much for her. But he had been very persistent, following her wherever she went. Her peaceful days in the library were over from the day she met him. She tried to hide from him but found her no matter how well she hid herself.

That boy keep smiling and beg her to accept his request. He explain that was his last project before he would retire from journalism. She wasn’t easy, but that boy was stubborn and annoying. So after played hide and seek for full two weeks, she finally gave up.

He introduces himself as Park Chanyeol, senior year’s student. It was quite surprising as she though he was younger than her because he act like he didn’t have to do final exam in mere month and plus because his cute face.

She notices that he such a conceited person. He always talk like he was the smartest person. And she didn’t like it. She also hated the way he walk beside her since it’s too close and made her uneasy. But the way he dragged her to the parlor ice cream for the interview and bought her a cup of waffle strawberry ice cream, she love it.

 

But after the interview, he disappears from the picture. Like he never come into. Like her previous ‘normal’ life that he never exist.  Somewhere in hidden place in her heart that she doesn’t notice, she missed the way he would beg her, the way she would hide in the hallway from him. But as the cold queen library, she left those feeling and back to her peaceful life.

.

She walk on the corridor with lots of books in her hands, the stack of books even blocked her view. It was busy weeks, she need to study more for the final exam. She need to arrive in her class as soon as possible but then her feet being stumble and her books falls messily.

She groan frustatedly. She need to study more but it waste her time. All students near her frowning a little bit at her without even help her. But she didn’t expect someone would help her until a pair of shiny leather shoe stop in front of them. She thought that was some of some rich boy that would insult her, but the deep voice was so familiar, she titled his head in annoyance just as she found a smiling boy show of his teeth like crazy. She almost didn’t recognized him since his hair was shorter than last time they meet. He, the annoying journalist; Park Chanyeol.

“Long time no see” His deep voice ringing in her ear.

 

After that, she getting more hate him than ever. Even she hate it when he suddenly disappear after the interview, she was more hate it when he would annoy her with mountain of short message every day. He would asked something’s simple yet senseless like “Good morning” or “Don’t study too hard, watch your health” until foolish things like “I got insomnia last night and even sleep merely hours. Seongsangnim catch me sleep in her class, and now I’m being kicked out ><”

She didn’t like it because he would waste her time –that she would focus to study rather than thinking what should she replied him back-

She hate him. Even he text her every day, they were stranger in school. Sometimes she would saw him hanging out with his friends after school, and she never saw him at least study a bit. He always waste his time with hang out. But it was not her concern. He was not anyone for her. He just a stranger.

.

.

She walk slowly to the library in half-conscious. It was third day since last time he texted her. She can’t help to wondered why he suddenly stop contact her? Maybe because she’s too cold in her text? May her text him first? But before she though too much, she immediately swipe that thing for her mind.

As she step into her favorite spot in the corner of library, she figure someone sat on her place. Someone who has brown hair, his head bent down as he focused what he scribbler on his notes. She takes a step closer as the boy shrugged his finger on his hair before titled his head up. She felt her heart skip a beat before beat again but in faster tempo. She almost held her breath as the boy smiling and waves his hand at her.

 

She sat next to him. And learn that he was struggling with English study. She chuckled sarcastically, it was just a week before final exam and her he just start to study that he has two months ago.

“Don’t you see I’m struggling here? Come on and help me!” He demanded.

She didn’t like it when someone told her what to do, and even she never do what anyone’s order. She was not his servant.

“Are you deaf?” he mumbled before got death glare from her.

And there she was. Enjoying the rich –smiling boy begged her. She was cold library queen, she kept quiet and calm as he beg her. But her heart was soar in happiness.

After few minutes torturing him, she finally take the pen and asked what kind of help he needs.

“I don’t know how to translate this phrase” He pointed a paragraph in his text books.

How lame. She thought. A rich boy like him can’t translate something easy like this.

She was about to write when he suddenly spoke up. “I lost my phone. Sorry I can’t texted you”

“That’s good; I hate your message...” She mumbled without turn her eyes away from the note book.

She expect he would pout or said something childish in response. She didn’t expect he would said something innocent yet romantic “Yeah... I hate you too. I hate you were cold towards me, but I can’t help to think about you”

She raised her eyebrow in amused. hanging open without any syllable come out before she closed her lip in thin line and curved a smile.

 


 

I know I know... this story kind of... I’m not sure to say it >< this kind of angst since I forgot the plot, but I didn’t want to change the character. 

It suppose to posted yesterday, but yesterday was an exhausted day. I woke up late. And one of my friend bragged into my house and beg to me to accompany her to buy a pair of shoes. It's kind of hard and takes half-day to get what she wants. I walk home around five and suddenly the weather getting worse -the rain pour down- not just rain but storm -_- I arrive at home an hour an half later. Soaking wet like a soaked cat who fall into drains -_- I catch cold and here I’m update with heat body -_- Get Well Soon to me :(

Ah... here bonus pic >< I really love them:*