Final choice

Lost Memory

____________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Sho and Masaki chose to not tell the truth yet to Aya. They both wanted her to be happy. Sho had thought of a cover story that she is still weak and need to visit the hospital everyday until she fully recovers. Jun said nothing.

"Aya, we're going home."
As the two guys finished discussing about their plans, Sho went back in the room and started to pack her stuff. Masaki helped and the Jun explained the situation quietly to Masami.

"Oh. I can go home now?"
Aya stood up and Jun nodded with a smile.

"What about oniichan? Is he coming home with us?"
That question made 'Oh crap. Forgot about that.' face on Sho and Masaki. They both looked at each other and searched for the perfect answer.

"Erm... Errr... No. He errr.. Stays in the... Umm... Hospital! Yea! And errrm.. Works here everyday!"
Masaki replied with some pause on every word which sounded as if he just made the story up.

"That's what the doctor said. Right doctor?"
Sho quickly added before Aya gets more suspicious. He looked over to Jun and called for help with his face.

"Yes, that is right. You also need to come here everyday from now since you are still weak. Just for a period of time, alright?"
When Jun explained, Aya seemed to trust him and she understood. Although she has to come to hospital everyday, she was still happy since she can see her brother everyday as well.

"I will see you tomorrow at 11:00am. Just come over to the reception and I will be there."
Masaki and Sho thanked Jun in many ways as he and Masami went out of the room. Sho just realised that he had to talk to the cleaner that looks exactly like Aya's real brother before Aya sees him again. He asked Masaki to go out first with Aya and explained why. Masaki understood and told Sho he will wait for him at the taxi stand at the main entrance.

"Aya, let's go. Sho needs to do something first. He will come after us once he's done."
Masaki held Aya's belongings and they left the room.

 

"Where is the cleanerrrr."
After seeing Masaki and Aya leaving, Sho searched around the hospital to see Satoshi. He went back to the restaurant, the place where he saw him before.

"There he is."
Satoshi was still standing at the same spot with the waitress, Mao. They were talking or more of arguing.

"I need to go back to work now. I told you!"

"Wait! I need to tell you something!"

"You said that five times already!"
Or more of one way argue by Mao.

"Excuse me."
Sho interrupted and the two workers looked over to Sho. They had seen the face but they forgot when and who it was.

"About just now. I'm sorry if it surprised you."
Sho stood in front of Satoshi and bowed. By his sentence, the two workers realised it was one of the guy they saw earlier. Sho introduced himself and told them he is the girl's best friend. He also explained why Aya misunderstood Satoshi as her brother, her past and the plan about her lost memory. Satoshi felt pity and sadness hearing the story and so did Mao.

"I have a big favor. Can you act as her brother for sometime please?"
Sho knew it would be hard for some random guy who just look exactly like the brother who doesn't even know about Aya to act as her brother and he would reject his favor but he had to give it a try.

"Erm. Yeah, sure, why not. If it helps you and the girl. But you gotta tell me what I'm suppose to do and all."
Satoshi accepted without any problem and Sho thanked him as much as he could. They exchanged their numbers incase of any emergencies and Sho left the scene.

"Satoshi-kun... That was impressive."
Mao was amazed how Satoshi just accepted a stranger's favor without any complain or worries. She never thought he is that kind of person, helpful, understanding and responsible for the big act.

"Hehehe. Thank you!"
Satoshi actually took in the favor just to impress Mao but he will never dare to say that to her. He knew Mao would scold him for doing that. For now, he doesn't realise how hard and heavy the role of Aya's brother will be.

"The guy.. Sakurai Sho.. I've heard of him before. And I remember that face from somewhere..."
Mao recalled her memory and Sho's face plus the name. Satoshi looked like he doesn't know anything about him and wondered whether he was anyhow close to Mao.

"OH! SAKURAI SHO. I KNOW NOW."
Light bulb on her head lighted up as she remembered seeing the name and his picture on a magazine she read earlier. She ran back into the shop counter, pulled out the magazine and ran back to Satoshi.

"Here! Look!"
She opened to a page where there were pictures of big buildings and a man standing.

[The future next young president of Sakurai Holdings, Sakurai Sho.]

The title stated exactly the same name as Sho, and the man standing looked exactly like him.

"Sakurai Sho, his father owning one of the top ranking hotel and the president of Sakurai Holdings is going to be one of the richest man in the future. Not only future-rich-man but handsome and intelligent with graduating one of the top university in Japan. He will sure have lots of girls lining up to be his wife."
Mao read the first few lines of the article and now they were perfectly clear that the guy in the magazine was the guy who just came over to talk to them. They both had nothing else to say other than one word.

"Wow."

 

"Nagasawa-san, please come here for a while."
Jun called his nurse in his office since he saw her walking from his window. Masami stopped and went in the office and saw a new-face staff sitting down.

"This is Ninomiya-kun. He is the new trainee as the psychiatrist. He will be under me from now on and will be doctor in charge of Ueto Aya."
Kazunari introduced himself to the nurse and the nurse introduced herself back, shaking hands.

"Could you pass some of the notes on Ueto Aya you recorded the past two days?"
Being told by Jun, the nurse once went out of the office to collect her notes. She came back with few folders and passed it to the new trainee.

 

Just as they reached at the taxi stand outside where they were suppose to wait for Sho, Aya spoke.

"Hey, Masaki."
Putting her bags on the ground, Masaki looked up.

"Aren't you and Sho suppose be at work today?"
Masaki slowly thought for an answer. He had to be careful of what he says.

"Sho contacted his dad in the morning. He knows. Don't worry."
Just then, Sho came out of the main entrance. Masaki wondered if everything went well with Satoshi. The three went in the taxi with Masaki in the middle. Sho whispered to Masaki and they both smiled.

____________________________________________________________________________________________