The accident

Lost Memory

____________________________________________________________________________________________

While on the way back from Aya's apartment, Sho tried to call Aya to see how she is doing.

"Why isn't Aya picking up my phone calls?"
Sho re-diled her number again and again but only he could reach the voice mail box.

"Same here."
Masaki tried to call her too but he failed.

ring ring..

ring ring..

"Who is this?... Hello?"
Masaki got a phone call from a private number. He answered the call and Sho, who was walking next to him went closer to listen to the conversation.

"Hello, do you by any chance know a person name Ueto Aya?"
A voice of a lady spoke. Two of them jumped up and faced eachother.

"Yes! She's my best friend."
Masaki quickly replied and waited for her answer.

"Could you kindly come over to the Tokyo Medical Hospital as soon as possible since I couldn't be able to contact her relatives?"
With this sentence, they both freezed. The lady continued.

"She attempteed to commit suicide from her room balcony and she is in a serious condition now. That is all what I have to say."
The lady hang up the phone and without a word, the two guys rushed into a nearby taxi and hurried to the hospital.

 

peep..

peep..

peep...

The sound of a heart rate monitor continues as a girl is lying on the bed connected to some machines. A nurse, name Nagasawa Masami was standing beside the bed, dropping down some notes on her piece of paper.

"AYA! AYA!"
With the loud noise, two guys bashed into the room, panting as they rushed in to see the girl. They've asked the receptionist for her room number earlier.

"Excuse me! She's our best friend!"
They pushed Masami away for a closer look at the girl.

"What happened to her?! What happ-"
One of the guy knelt down, his head on the bed and was crying to see her being unconcious.

"Masaki, calm down."
The other guy held his shoulder, being alot calmer than the other. He was reliefed that the girl is still alive.

"Yes, please wait for the doctor to explain the condition. He will be here anytime soon."
Masami told the two guys and waited for the doctor. However, Masaki couldn't calm down at all.

"But Sho! We promised her bro that we will never hurt Aya as long as we are alive!"

knock knock

Just as Masaki yelled, the doctor came into the room.

"Hello, I'm doctor Matsumoto. You must be her friends right? We couldn't contact her relatives so we contacted one of you."
From the information given by the ambulance staffs, she had no relatives alive. The last and only relative, her brother died few days ago due to lung cancer in this hospital. The phone they found had lots of miss calls from two particular person named Masaki and Sho.

"As you can see, the operation was successful. She should be awake soon if her condition is good but she will need time to recover. I will come and see her again tomorrow to check up. If she wakes up before then, please press the nurse call immediately."
He fully explained the situation and left the room with the nurse. The two guys were left in the room with their best friend unconcious.

"Aya... Why did you do this?"
Masaki with his tears looked into the pale girl. The two guys still remembered the last time they saw her which was just few hours back.

* Flashback *

"Aya, are you okay? You seem tired."
After the funeral and all for her dearest brother, Sho worriedly asked Aya.

The funeral was held at her small apartment since not many people attended. Her parents died when she was young and her only blood-related left was her brother. He took care of her all the time since the parents died but in a sudden, he had a serious disease. A disease that cannot be cured.

"I'm fine. Thanks for staying guys. You two should head home, it's getting late."
Aya smiled but Masaki and Sho could see her tiredness and sadness after her brother past away. They knew how important he was to her as he was important to them too. Back then, they always hanged out together in four.

"We'll stay here with you tonight."
Masaki sat down on her small couch and Sho nodded with agreement.

"No! I mean, thanks but I really need a time alone right now... I'll be fine guys."
Aya couldn't accept the fact that her brother is dead until now and she was in a deep depression. She didn't want to worry them, thus she just wanted to be alone for a while. Masaki and Sho looked at eachother and they both decided to leave her for a night.

"Alright. Don't do anything stupid alone okay? Call us if you need anything."
Sho stood up and so did Masaki. Aya nodded, smiled and pushed their backs towards the door.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow. I promise!"

* End of Flashback *

"We shouldn't have left her alone.. God.. Please.."
Masaki cried and whispered to himself, praying for Aya's mind to come back.

"Masaki, she'll be fine.. I know she will. She promised us that we'll see her again tomorrow.."
Sho tried to comfort Masaki but in the other hand, he himself was getting worse. He blamed himself about this accident that happened.

Few minutes past and soon, few hours were gone. They both patiently waited, still awake, sitting down beside the bed. It past midnight and they could not stand anymore but their eyelids were automatically shutting down. Masaki as usual slept first and knowing he has slept, Sho told himself not to for the sake of the chance that Aya might wake up.

____________________________________________________________________________________________