Awake with happiness

Lost Memory

____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Oh crap. I slept."
With a tiny ray of sunlight, Sho woke up and checked the time on his phone; 7:30am. It was saturday but weekends were not his holiday. He works in his father's company, one of the biggest and the top ranking hotel as the manager in charge. Masaki works as the part time bellboy there. Hotels are open 24 hours, 365days. He quickly texted his father.

[Dad, sorry for the sudden notice but I won't be able to work today. Aya's unconcious and I'm in the Tokyo Medical Hospital right now. Long story. Excuse Masaki as well, he's here. Thanks.]

"Done."
Sho closed his phone and looked over to Aya who still had her eyes closed. Masaki was sleeping soundly on his chair. He nudged him with his arms for him to get up.

"Hmmm...."
Masaki sat up and rubbed his eyes. When he realised he had slept, he quickly looked over to Aya, saw her still being unconcious and sighed.

"Hey, I told dad that we've got emergency and can't go to work today."
Sho told Masaki and showed him his father's reply text of yes. His father knows Aya and Masaki well since they were being best friends since young.

"Oh right. I almost forgot about work today. Thanks man."

Peep.. Peep.. Pipeep.. Peep.. Peep..

Just as Masaki replied, the heart sensor had a unusual pattern. The two guys looked over to the machine and to the girl. The girl slowly opened her eyes and blinked.

"Oh my god."
Masaki just gasped and Sho quickly pressed the nurse call as what he was told by the doctor. Masami and Jun came faster than he expected. Jun slowly lifted the girl up right for her and checked though her situation. The two guys were just blanked and looked at the girl with relief.

"Oh, hey guys. What are you doing here?"
Aya looked over to her side and saw Masaki and Sho. She seemed fine as Jun finished checking on her and writing his notes down.

"What? We were so worried about you! Are you okay?"
Masaki just couldn't believe that Aya is acting like nothing happened.

"Of course I'm fine! I think I just fainted of tiredness.. I'm a bit tired but I'm fine!"
Aya chuckled as Masaki and Sho were just amazed how cheerful she was compared to last night. Jun finished writing and turned to the two guys.

"She seems fine and she has no physical harm at all. She just need to stay here for one more day for full check up and she should be able to go home by tomorrow."
Jun explained as he slowly took off all the plugs from Aya for her to get up on the feet. Masami helped him as there were lots of plugs attached to her.

"I'm so hungry! Can we go and eat something?"
Aya who stood up on her feet, stretching her amrs up and asked Masaki and Sho.

"There's a restaurant at the second floor, it should be open by now."
Masami looked at her watch and kindly told the three. She then went out of the room following Jun.

"Yay! So lets go!"
Aya pulled the two guys' arms and they draggly followed. It was easy to find the restaurant since the hospital had lots of signboards telling where is where. It was an open place with lots of tables and chairs randomly placed. The three friends sat on one of them and soon the waitress came over with three water and menu.

"Welcome. When you are ready to order please press this button and I will come to take your orders."
The waitress pointed at a button stuck on a table and went away. Aya quickly took one of the menu and start looking through the pages.

"Mmm.. Everything look deliciousss. Oh! Scrambled egg! Takashi-nii's (Takashi bro's) favourite!"
Masaki and Sho was surprised at Aya's words. Why did she say that in a happy tone when she was so depressed a day before?

"What? Why are you guys looking at me in a wierd way! You two scares mee."
Aya looked at the two guys and hid behind her menu innocently, not making eye-contact with them.

"Erm, nothing. So, are we ready to order now?"
Sho flipped through the menu while Masaki told him he will get whatever Sho gets. Aya nodded and told Sho what she wanted as she pressed the button. Soon the same waitress came over with a pen and a paper.

"Can we have three hot coffee, two butter toast, one strawberry jam toast, one scrambled egg and one green salad. Thanks."
Sho collected three menu and passed it to the waitress and waited her to write the order down.

"Maaaaooo-chaaaan!"
A guy with a mop and a bucket with a blue hat and uniform shouted over at the waitress. Everyone could tell he was the cleaner. The three looked back to see who it was and the waitress just kept on writing down, ignoring the dude. He walked towards the waitress, more of skipping towards her, smiling and waving at her.

"Erm. He is calling and waving at you. If you're name is Mao and I'm sure it is since your name tag says Inoue Mao."
Masaki poked the waitress as she kept on ignoring the cleaner. The waitress smiled and started to repeat their order. The cleaner stood next to her and greeted hello.

"Satoshi-kun! It's really embarrassing to do that kind of thing! I told you before!"
The waitress, Mao told him she is working now and to talk to him later. The cleaner, Satoshi looked sad as he was going to leave.

"Oniichan! (Brother!)"
Aya stood up from her chair surprised. Masaki and Sho just blanked out. Satoshi looked back at the girl with a question mark all over his face.

"You work here as a cleaner now? So you are totally fine? Oh my god! I can't believe you recovered! Waaaa!"
Aya's eyes were full with happiness as she held his hands, jumping up and down. Masaki was just so confused but Sho was getting an idea that Aya's behaviour was unusual. He cancelled the order he made just now and pulled Aya and Masaki back to her hospitalised room. Satoshi and Mao were just standing there confused as well.

"Hey! I wanted to talk to Takashi-nii more!"
Aya complained as she was pulled into her room and Sho pressed the nurse call. Masami came in a flash and Sho told her to call the doctor. Masaki whispered to Sho what was happening but Sho just kept silent. Aya just looked around the room as she was bored.

"Yes? Did something happened?"
Jun came in worriedly but Aya just shook her head and told him nothing happened. Sho went close to him and whispered the happening just now; about Aya calling some random guy her brother when her brother is dead and she is not depressed as much as yesterday. Masaki went closer to them to listen what Sho was telling the doctor.

"Mmm.. Ueto-san, do you have any head-ache, feeling dizzy or any other problem?"
Jun examined her again to see if something is wrong with her but Aya just smiled and said nothing is wrong. Jun asked Aya to stay in the room with the nurse and called Sho and Masaki to come out of the room along with him.

"I think she has retrograde amnesia, meaning she lost her previous memory of sometime before her brother past away."
Jun explained that there are possiblity of this since she has damaged her brain while jumping down her balcony and her behaviour could tell that she doesn't remember her brother's death.

"Well, that cleaner erm, Satoshi? Kind of looked like Takashi-kun. Right Sho?"
Masaki recalled the cleaner and Aya's brother's face into his mind and thought to himself. Sho agreed in his mind.

"Maybe that might be the case that she mistook of him to be her brother. Anyhow, she will now need to stay in the hospital for period of time now or at least come and visit here everyday. We will have a personal psychological doctor to her to take care of her mental illness. I will assign someone for that. I will still come and check on her physical body sometime."
Jun continued.

"To either tell the truth or keep it as a secret to her is your choice. We, doctors do not have the right to say anything."
Sho and Masaki looked at eachother. They both didn't want Aya to get hurt and be depressed again.

____________________________________________________________________________________________