Just like a Robot

ChanBaek Collection

(a/n) 1K MONSTER. sorry. I've been depressed today. :(

 

A robot is something that is entirely mechanical—designed to be fully capable, efficient and perfect in most cases. A robot is expected as something that should never go astray into being a structural being—only doing what he’s expected to do without the expectance that we do him something in return.

 

Baekhyun fitted that description fully; he functions only at the benefit of Chanyeol no matter how stupid it was for him. He’s the bestfriend—more like Chanyeol's very own human robot with which he was not aware of.

 

‘Chanyeol should always be happy, he deserves it more than any other person in the world.’ Said by a 10-year old Baekhyun as his pledge to himself ‘forever’ to be at Chanyeol’s side.

 

Ever since they were kids, they’ve supported each other like they were true biological brothers. Chanyeol’s parents would often leave their child at the care of the Byun’s that they practically grew up together. Baekhyun never fails to be there for his bestfriend as well as Chanyeol does for Baekhyun. They’ve shared a lot things—toys, video games, food and even with their hobbies. Baekhyun was never Baekhyun if it weren’t for Chanyeol. Their bond is that strong that the little, blonde prince Baekhyun had already fallen head over heels for his giant.

 

---

 

Baekhyun just came back from an extreme coaster ride with Chanyeol at the Lotte World. It was a planned outing on which Baekhyun was heavily involved in, and after Chanyeol agreed 100% he took the latter there.

 

On the other hand, Baekhyun had something in mind. He was already ready; he'd tell Chanyeol everything he is to him. Baekhyun was anxious, and he never fiddled with his emotions before but on his mind he knew that he needed to let his giant know that he thinks of him as something more than just a 'bestfriend'.

 

---

 

"Yeol, here!" Baekhyun just came back from a little stall as he handed a medium sized coke can to Chanyeol.

The latter was busy typing with his phone as they sat on a wooden bench before he took the beverage from Baekhyun.

Chanyeol's eyes were sparkling—the type that was conspicuous as if he won some jackpot lottery.

"Thanks!" He exclaimed upon taking the drink without taking his eyes away from the phone screen.

'This was it.'  Baekhyun thought. His endless thoughts about how to start the conversation became crazy as fireworks at back of his mind.

He had this belief that this was the perfect time to confess—all his feelings for his bestfriend.

"Uhm. Yeol, I've got something to tell you..." Baekhyun's voice almost cracked at the sudden initiation.

"Yeah?" Chanyeol responded trying to make eye contact but it was obvious that he was inattentive.

"You, know, I. Uhm. I think I have--" Baekhyun, stunned, as he was unable to continue as the taller guy interrupted him enthusiastically.

"Baek! You wouldn't believe this. Jeong Hee said ‘yes’ to me! She's my girl now!" Chanyeol giggled in a loud, yet too excited manner making him swell in redness due to euphoria.

‘Jeong Hee’ Baekhyun remembered. That one lucky girl Chanyeol had his eyes on for almost 6 months now. Chanyeol had been courting her, and needless to say, Baekhyun made it possible to work things out between them.

Pale as he can be, Baekhyun became speechless for a minute and bowed his head down at the realization of what was really happening. It seemed that the truth struck him down faster than lightning such that recovery was not an option anymore.

As he unconsciously lifted his head to face him, Baekhyun was sure that he had felt bittersweet feelings and just by seeing Chanyeol this happy was really priceless. He then knew that it was over, and that he had to let everything go. Just like a human robot that he made himself into, it was his task to accept, and to support his giant forever.

For him, it was the right thing. His crazy pledge of making Chanyeol happy all the time was all that he could live for. He had to do it—turning off his human emotions for this sake, but that, was even the hardest thing to do.

Baekhyun was on the verge of his crying—his eyes became heavy as tears start to fall.

'Don't cry, Pabo' He told himself dejectedly.

"Yeol... Congrats bro!" He forced a very fake, yet bright smile towards Chanyeol as he leaned closer to enclose him within an embrace that was meant for congratulatory purposes.

When Chanyeol reciprocated the hug that was when his tears started to fall in an unstoppable manner making the giant tensed when he felt the gushing of the warm, droplets of water behind his back.

Baekhyun continued to sob relentlessly before Chanyeol could say anything.

"Baek, what’s the matter. Why are you crying?" Chanyeol grunted in shock at his bestfriend's reaction while he pulled back, gripping Baekhyun by the shoulders.

"I'm just so happy, Pabo! It’s coming true now! All the hard work paid off! Don't be worried about me!" He laughed almost sarcastically while still sobbing, yet he needed to sound convincing that he was sincere.

"You look stupid Baek, stop that. Don’t overreact.” Chanyeol let out an outburst of laughter upon looking at his besfriend’s crying state with puffy, red eyes.

“Thanks, Baek. You're really the best. You’ve always been there for us." Chanyeol continued as he ended his laughter and gave him a big smile. It was that kind of perfectly stupid smile which always melted Baekhyun from the insides.

Chanyeol scooted unexpectedly closer to finish the embrace his bestfriend started. This time, Baekhyun shut his eyes and tried so hard not to cry a million of tears. Baekhyun tightened his grasp as if signaling a parting gesture, and fed himself with the fantasy that he would be able to hold his giant like this, and will never end.

‘It’s alright, Baek. It’s alright.’ Baekhyun heaved as he said this to himself discreetly in between his unsteady breathing.

 

(a/n) did this one-shot the way I thought it too? :O