Chapter 5

Amnesiac Love

Firstly my thanks current and new subbies: TabiRabbit, momo8808 , riskakikukeko, dokiiedokiie and sieann for reading my story.

 

******************************************************************************************************************************************* 

 

At Dr. Bae’s word, Dara smiled and look at her wedding ring. “But why doesn’t Seunghyun knows about me meeting you?” she asked. Dr. Bae sigh and replied “Honestly at first I didn’t want you to tell Seunghyun. A few doctors had approached both Seunghyun and you to assist in your recovery. But Seunghyun was reluctant as you have received extensive treatment before but it wasn’t as successful as you both hoped. So I decided to approach you directly. At least it will be easier me to explain to you. I told you after the first visit that its up to you whether you want to tell Seunghyun.”

 

“And I guess I chose not to tell Seunghyun.” I said softly.

 

“You didn’t want to disappoint Seunghyun and wanted to tell him only after you made progress. You thought will be better that way.” Dr Bae tried to console me.

 

“But am I making progress? Am I getting better?” I asked but scared to hear his answer. What if there is no improvement? What if I can never be cured? What is I can never get back my memories?

 

Dr Bae simply smile and said “Yes Dara, you’ve made improvement. It seems like you somehow managed to recall some memories for example on some day when you wake up you remembered you are married. You are also slowly getting independent and don’t rely as much on Seunghyun or even me. Don’t underestimate this progress Dara. By the way did you know what caused you to lose your memories? Did Seunghyun tell you?”

 

“He just said I had a bad accident. That’s all.” I replied.

 

“Its true. You had a bad accident. Trauma from the accident caused your amnesia.” replied Dr. Bae and he took out a book from his bag and passed it to me. “This is your journal which you have been keeping from the start of our session. There are  also records of your progress. It will help you understand what caused your amnesia and it will also help you understand other things as well.”

 

“So I’ve written this? Did you or anyone else read it?” I ask reading the book which is full of scribbles. “The book was with you since the first day so basically only you know what is written inside. Even Seunghyun didn’t know you had the journal. All I did was to call you everyday to explain the situation and to tell you about the journal. But during our last session, you asked me to read your journal. Meantime I asked you to write on pieces of paper first as replacement for the journal.” Dr Bae said before sipping his drinks. Dara then recall the pieces of paper she saw stuck to her diary.

 

Suddenly Dara’s phone begins to ring. It is Seunghyun.