Chapter 4

Amnesiac Love

Firstly my thanks current and new subbies: nicoletheone , secretseven , kjhris , omebaka , bubble_hearts and rachel02 for reading my story. Also thanks to hooch1028 for subbing and upvoting my story

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sandara POV

“Dara? Are you there? Its me Dr. Bae. Please answer me Dara.” I hesitate to answer but im also curious who is Dr Bae and what does he wants from me but in the end I still answered “Hello, who is this?” The voice sounded relief to know that I answered the call. “Dara, it’s me Dr Bae, your doctor.” I was stunned. Doctor? I didn’t know I had a doctor. “My doctor?” I asked stupidly. “Yes but don’t panic. We were just doing some tests to find a cure and try to improve your condition. But first we need to find the cause of your problem.”

 

Is this Dr. Bae telling the truth? If he is really my doctor how come Seunghyun didn’t mentioned anything about a doctor. Maybe he forgot since he was rushing for the meeting. “Dara-ah, we have been meeting up for the past few months after you physically recover.” Instead all I replied was “I don’t recall. My husband also didn’t inform me about you.” The voice went silent for a while. “Dara-ah, I don’t think Seunghyun knows you are meeting me. Try looking for your diary and you will see that today we are supposed to meet up for our next session.” Dr Bae explained.

 

“What do you mean Seunghyun didn’t know? He is my husband im sure he is entitled to know that ive an appointment with a doctor. And im sorry, I don’t think I will meet you today.” I said almost screaming. This is getting ridiculous. “Dara-ah, you have to trust me, I’ll explain everything when we meet. If not, everything will be wasted. Go check your diary. Look for today’s date.” Dr. Bae explain slowly. I quickly check the diary. True enough I saw written on today’s date:

 

Appointment with Dr Bae. Do not tell Seunghyun no matter what.

 

I gasp after reading it. How is this possible? I mean Seunghyun knows I have a diary. So its impossible he didn’t know about my appointment with Dr. Bae right? “Dara, I’ll pick you up in about an hour and we’ll talk okay for a short while. And don’t worry I know where you live. Is that okay with you?” Somehow I’ve agreed to meet Dr. Bae. “Okay, see you in an hour.”

 

An hour later, im surprised to see a young man standing at my door. “Hello Dara. Im Dr Bae.” The young man introduce himself. He can’t be Dr Bae. He’s too young. My brain debated. “Dara, here is my ID. You can check it if you want.” The man passed me his ID and smiled. Strangely something about him feels familiar and I refused to see his ID. “So where are we going?” I asked while I gather up my bags and keys. “There’s a café actually at the end of this street. Shall we go there?” Dr. Bae suggested and we both walk silently side by side to the café. After a while I decide to know more about Dr. Bae. “What sort of doctor are you?” I asked. “I’m a neuropsychologist. I specialize in patients with brain disorders. I’m particularly interested in researching memory process and function. When I heard about your case I decided to track you down.” Dr Bae patiently explained.

 

When we reached the café, we ordered our drinks and decide to sit in the corner of the café where we will be hidden from the passing crowds. I didn’t want someone who knows me to inform Seunghyun that I was sitting in a café with a guy. I decided to start asking him questions. “What’s going on with me? I woke up this morning in a strange place next to man I didn’t recognize who tells me that he is my husband and im in my own house. And I have a feeling you knew more about me than I know myself right now.” Dr Bae slowly nods and replied “You had amnesia for quite some time now. You’ve lost most of your memories and can’t retain new ones. And yes, that man, Seunghyun is your husband.”