I.

That summer night

“Umma, I’m going down the beach and I will stay there until sunrise, so don’t wait up for me”, said Sehun and grabbed his notebook and a pen and went towards the door in a rush. He really wanted to get out of there, just for some time.

After two days with his parents on this Godforsaken island, or, just this area of the Island. Jeju Island was a pretty famous island with thousands of people visiting every year, so he couldn’t exactly call it Godforsaken, but the area he was in was pretty dead. No people, just nature everywhere and in every direction, new and beautiful scenery could be seen.

Sehun sighed. This should be the perfect place for him. No noise, no humans to nag him and freedom everywhere, but somehow his parents managed to ruin that. With their daily fights, yelling at each other and discussions about his older sister Seyeo, Sehuns head was about to explode.

Usually at home he could just leave the house and go the library or go see the few friends he had, but here he couldn’t. His parents where so kind to choose a holiday house in the middle of nowhere and with no wifi and no houses around, Sehun decided to go the beach to relax.

“Sure honey,” yell his mom after him, but Sehun was too far away to hear it. Sehun followed the wooden path from the house which led directly to the beach and soon after he was at the beach. The sun was until on the sky, but the skies in front of it made it hard for the sunlight to get though down to earth.

Sehun looked down the beach line and realized he was alone. As the sun slowly went down, Sehun quickly found a spot on the sand and opened his notebook. This notebook was with him everywhere and was his most precious property. This was where he wrote every thought, draw every beautiful scenery he could find and other stuff down. He began to write as he glanced at the waves waved back and forth in the ocean.

The sun is going dow without a trace

Leaving us in darkness

Blackness being everywhere, see no face

Decieving all the partners

 

Mystery when, how, why it sets

Why don't always shine

With no darkness, it won't let

Us see if we're really fine

As the last word had been written down, Sehun looked up from his notebook to see the sun almost sunken into the ocean. A gust of wind blew through his hair and Sehun shivered at the winds contact on his skin. It wasn’t so hot as it was before when the sun was on the sky, so Sehun decided to zip his leatherjacket.

He looked at the sky again and glanced at the different colors in the horizon. Long out there he saw two moutains standing tall and right between the two mountains a little boat sailed out from the other side. Sehuns eyes followed the boat as it sailed across the waves from the little hole between the mountains to the pier about a mile down the beach to his left. Sehun took a deep breath and inhaled the fresh beach air. Sehun began to draw the two mountains and the boat. The scenery was pretty, so he found the pen and began to draw it down into the notebook.

“Aish, it’s so cold here,” mumbled Sehun to himself and yawned. He had been here for some time and he was getting a bit tired.

“I don’t why you only brought a leatherjacket here, it’s freezing and you might get sick” a voice concerned said behind him. Sehun turned quickly around to see where the voice came from and he almost got a heart attack as he saw a person sit right behind him. A boy.

“By the way, that drawing there,” said the boy and cocked his head towards his notebook “is really awesome. You really have some talent there”

“H-How long have you been there?” Sehun quickly got up on his two feet and grabbed his notebook and pen. Sehun looked with big owl eyes at him and tried to breathe normally. The strange boy laughed at him and sent him a fond smile. Sehun glanced at him and suddenly his heart began to pound a little faster than usual. What is this?

Sehun couldn’t understand whether it was the fact a strange guy talked to him or the fact the guy had a face like an angel made Sehuns heart beat like crazy. This has never happened before.

“What? Do I have something between my teeth?” said the boy and looked at him with big eyes. The boy began immediately to check his teeth with his nails.

“Ah.. No, they l-look just fine,” Sehun said stuttering a bit and bit his lip embarrassed. He looked into the ground and hope the other boy didn’t catch him stutter.

“You,” said the boy again and pointed directly at Sehun “come here, don’t just stand here” The boy slowly clapped onto a spot next to him and looked with expectant eyes up at him.

Sehun cocked up his eyes brows. Was that boy just asking him to sit next to him?

“Come on, we don’t have all night” The boys smiled and hurried on him. Sehun sighed defeated and sat down next to him.

The boy chuckled and with his one shoulder he bumped into Sehuns and said in a teasing tone “Aww, that wasn’t that hard, huh?”

Sehun looked with big eyes at the boy who just bumped into him. Who is that guy?

There was an awkward silence between them before the boy said something.

“What’s your name?” asked the boy who now sat right next to him, not more than a few centimeters away from him. “I’m Luhan” The boys reached his hand in front of him about to greet him formally.

Sehun hesitated a bit as he shook Luhans hand but it didn’t seem to care Luhan at all.

“Thehun” said Sehun, before realizing his mistake. “I-I mean, you know. Um, my name’s not Thehun,, I have lips, please don’t. Um.. I’m sorry, I should go-“ Sehun stopped talking as he saw Luhan giggle. Sehun looked embarrassed into the sand and hoped it’d gone to dark the other wouldn’t notice his red cheeks.

 Sehun sighed and mentally hit himself. It have been a while since he have had heard any sign of his lisp. At school or at home he had spoken perfectly and he had just stopped going to his speech therapist. Does this mean he has to go back?

“I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have laughed at you,” Luhan tried to apologize, but his words got eaten by his beautiful laughter. Sehun felt his heart beat a bit harder than it used to and he began to feel nervous around him. Why does his body react like this? It’s just a guy.

“Ahh~ I’m sorry! I just couldn’t stop laughing, because you’re so cute!” Luhan exclaimed and pinched the youngers cheeks. Luhan kept his gaze at Sehun and smiled widely, which made Sehuns stomach twirl.

“E-Eh,” Sehun laughed awkwardly at Luhans gesture and tried in his mind to figure out why in the world he would do that.

The silence spread between the two and as Luhan glanced at the ocean it gave the opportunity to check him out.

Luhan had light brown hair and Sehun that had to been dyed since no Asian people have this light brown hair without a touch from a hairdresser. His jawline was small and lined up his face perfectly. His eyes were dark brown and he felt like he could stare into them forever. Luhan was wearing a white shirt with a dark blue tie attached and a pair of black trousers. To keep him warm, he had a thick, black wool cardigan on, which made his shoulders broad and gave him a manly look.

“Sehun,” blurted Sehun out and took a deep breath. Luhan turned his attention towards him.

“What?” asked Luhan oblivious and looked into Sehuns eyes meeting his gaze.

“My name’s Sehun,” said Sehun and looked away. Sehun glanced into the darkness. The sun had gone down and has been for some time now. Sehun thought about going and decided to leave.

“Luhan-ssi, my mom wanted me home at dawn so I’ll be going,” said Sehun and got up from the sand and bashed the sand off his trousers. Sehun looked down at Luhan who nodded at him and sent him a kind smile.

As Sehun turned away from Luhan to go back to the house, he felt a hand on his wrist keeping him from going. As he looked back he saw Luhan holding onto his wrist.

“Promise me you’ll be here tomorrow night, alright?” Luhan looked at Sehun with expectant eyes and Sehun thought about briefly.

“Sure,” Sehun lifted the corner of his mouth and sent Luhan a little smile. Luhan took a deep breath and blew relieved out again.

As Sehun went back home he thought about Luhan; His eyes, his small mouth, his plumb lips – everything. That night Sehun dreamt about Luhan.

~^~

“Sehun-ah,” Sehun turned around to see the same brown-haired boy from last night standing right behind smiling widely at him. “You came,” he said as he sat down next to the blonde. Then it happened again. Sehun took a deep breath to calm his obviously fast beating heart, as it did the exact same as last night. A wave of nervousness fled across Sehuns mind as he had the terrifying thought that his heart might’ve been beating so loud so Luhan would’ve heard it. Sehun frowned into the ground. What was wrong with him? How could he be reacting like this towards Luhan, a boy?

“What’s wrong? Gwenchana?” Luhan looked worried at him as Sehun fastened his grip on his notebook. Sehun sighed and waved it off. “Aniyo~ Juh gwenchanayo,” Sehun tried to sound as normal as possible and it turned out to work. Luhan nodded and accepted his answer not thinking about his wellbeing too much, as he glanced at the scenery right in front of him.

Sehun was glad that Luhan wasn’t looking at him anymore. Every time Luhan would glance at him his heart would raise and he would feel oddly nervous like he’d never been before.

“You don’t have to speak formally to me, you know?” Luhan broke Sehuns thoughts and turned his heard towards him, making Sehuns heart do the same routine as before.

“Waeyo? ” Sehun asked simply and looked curiously at Luhan who just chuckled at his answer.

“No need for formal speech since we’re friends,” Luhan nudged Sehun to the side and sent him one of his angelic smiles. “You might as well start call me hyung too” he added before standing up only to pull Sehun with him. Sehun quickly sent Luhan an oblivious look letting him know that he had no idea why he did that.

“Come on, I need to show you something!” Luhan snickered and began to run holding Sehun by his wrist not giving him any choice but follow the crazy and lighthearted blonde.

As they got a bit away from the beach they went along a wooden path into the forest and Sehun knew suddenly where they were going. The wooden path they were running on only led to one particular place, a spot in the forest where he and his sister always would go when they visited the house on Jeju. Sehun smiled by the thought and soon after they arrived.

Sehun had all the reason to go here; His sister and just enjoying the beautiful scenery. But why would Luhan show him this place? It made no sense in Sehuns mind.

“Why are we here, Luhan-ssi?” asked Sehun as he located the only bench on the spot and sat down. Luhan smiled as he looked around, swirling around and being in a whole new world.

“Hyung, it’s hyung or Luhan hyung and as I said before, don’t be formal with me, you dummy!” he teased and smiled. Sehun looked embarrassed into the grass and avoided Luhans sight.

“This isn’t my first time here. Actually it’s my 2nd time here. The first time I was here was with a noona of mine, her family had a vacation house here and then she showed me this place. We used to go here every day, but one day she didn’t meet at our usual meeting spot in the forest,” Sehun nodded and listened closely to what Luhan was saying. “Then I kind of met you and I had this feeling that I should show you this place,” he added and smiled at Sehun. He went over to the bench and sat next to him. “You actually remind me of her,” he said and bit his lip. Did Luhan just say he reminded him of a girl?

“So you’re saying that I remind you of a girl? Geez thanks” snorted Sehun forgetting that Luhan was right next to him. Sehun froze as he heard Luhan laugh right next to him.

“Wow, a bit sassy aren’t we?” Luhan smirked at Sehuns remark only making Sehuns face turn completely red. It wasn’t exactly in his plan when saying that, that Luhan would hear it.

“Oh, I didn’t mean it like that. Sor-“ Luhan cut him off.

“Ah, it’s okay. She was quite pretty so that only a compliment to you wouldn’t it?” Sehun bit his lip hard and he kept wishing he just stayed home. This was so awkward he almost couldn’t bear it.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to say that,” Sehun hid his face in his hands but he quickly felt something – or someone pull his hand away. Sehun looked up only to be greeted with Luhan big smile.

“How could I even know that his noona was pretty? Aish,” he mumbled lowly so Luhan wouldn’t hear it.

“Do you not understand me? Don’t be so freaking formal! How many times do I have to tell you?” Luhan shook his hands as he tried to make the younger understand.

“U-Um, I don’t know.. I’m not used to talking informally, I even speak formally with my parents, so please bear with me” Sehun explained as Luhan nodded.

“Ah, that’s why you keep talking like that then.. Well, now I have a new task for tonight!” he beamed as he looked at Sehun. What is he onto now?

“What task? What do you mean?” Sehun didn’t get Luhans plan for tonight and he was getting a bit anxious. As he had been talking for Luhan for maybe a day or so he knew he didn’t him that well, but he did knew that Luhan always would surprise you in every way possible.

“Task for tonight; Make Sehun stop being formal with Luhan,” Luhan smiled and dragged his knees up to his chest and turned his body towards Sehun.

“Wait, what?” Sehun clearly didn’t understand why or the purpose of this random idea of Luhans, but that didn’t stop Luhan.

“Well, you keep talking so formal with me and I hate it. We might not know each other that well but I would say we’re friends, so I’ll make you stop using formal speech when being me.. And well, I don’t really know what else could do, so this sound like a good idea,” Luhan sent Sehun a fond smile and Sehun didn’t really know what to say.

“Is it really that big of a problem? It’s not like we’re ever going to meet again after I go home in a couple of days, so yeah..” he exclaimed and looked into his lap.

“Yah! Who says that? I won’t lose another friend I made here, so stop it. I might’ve lost Noona, but I won’t lose you,” Sehun got surprised by Luhan outburst, but somehow it made Sehun happy. Luhan had an intention of keep being his friend, even after leaving Jeju. Sehuns heart fluttered.

“Can I ask you something Luhan-ssi?” Sehun looked at Luhan who narrowed his eyes at him. “Hyung, I mean hyung!” he quickly corrected himself and that resulted Luhan giggle. Luhan nodded smiling at Sehun.

“Why do you want to hang on to me? I mean, I’m not that special; I’m just me, you know? And I don’t even know much about you.. I don’t even know your full name! So how can you expect me to trust you that much and tell me to tell you hyung, when we don’t know each other that well? I would love to be informal with you ect, but it’s just weird and against everything I’ve been taught all through my life.” Sehun sighed already regretting his outburst. He had been thinking this ever since Luhan told him to call him hyung and he couldn’t hold it in anymore.

“My dad always told me to be formal with everyone and anything. It’s not that I don’t know how to speak informally.. It’s just that I’m not used to it,” 

Luhan suddenly dropped his smile and looked blank into his knees. Luhan sighed.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to be that forward, it’s just that you remind me of noona in some way I can’t explain. I-I just miss her so much,” Luhan raised his head and moved a bit closer to Sehun. Sehun could see Luhans eyes go blank and Sehuns heart ached.

“So the only reason you’re being so keen on hanging out with me is because I remind you of your long lost noona? Wow, I feel like I should go now if that’s the only reason. I know this was too great to be true,” Sehun admitted. He spoke his mind for the first time in a long time. He might’ve hurt Luhan but he felt like Luhan deserved it.

Sehun glanced at Luhan one last time before getting up and leaving. Sehun froze. Down Luhans pale cheek tears and loads of tears was finding their way. Sehun instantly felt his stomach curl in guilt.

“I’m so sorry,” he soon regretted what he just said and moved a bit closer to Luhan and hesitatingly laid his arm around Luhans shoulder. Luhan gasped at Sehuns gesture but soon gave in and laid his head on the younger’s shoulder.

“I didn’t mean to hurt you, I just-“

“I know you didn’t mean it, but it’s not the only reason I want to be your friend. You maybe remind me of noona, but that’s not the only reason. As you began to feel clam around not being tense you have been really awesome.. Your snapbacks, your face expressions – everything. You do something that makes me want to be your friend,” Luhan sighed and looked up into Sehuns dark brown eyes. Sehun was caught off guard. He didn’t expect Luhan to say this. Honestly, this made Sehun soften up a bit for him.

“R-Really?”

“Yeah, you’re something special” Luhan nodded lightly.

Silence came over the two and Luhan had completely forgotten the reason why he dragged Sehun to the special spot. Sehun felt comfortable with his arm around Luhan and it seemed like Luhan liked the touch of his. Sehun smiled.

After the two said their goodbyes they hugged and Sehun had blushed which made Luhan giggle. Sehun quickly made his bow to Luhan and went home and got into bed.

Yeah, you’re something special

The sentence rang around his head and he couldn’t his smile off his lips. That might’ve been one of the most confusing days in his life, but he kind of liked it.

And he couldn’t wait to meet up with Luhan the next day.

 

 

 

~^~

Anyeong~ Author here c:

So this is the first chapter in this fanfic, so I hope you like it! ^^

It might be a bad chapter I know and the story might seem a bit boring, but just wait till this story begins! This is just the beginning >.< 

Btw.. Do you like how I present Luhan and Sehun? Comment below about what you think c: