Chapter 3: I Like You

Cuffed to My Sugar Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As soon as the sun rose, the group filled their bodies with breakfast and immediately headed to the last activity location. Tae instructed everyone to spread out and put on their blindfolds and follow her succeeding instructions:

Turn around for 15 seconds. Move forward eight steps. Turn to your right and take three steps backward. Face your 10 o’clock and move forward 5 steps. And lastly, turn to your left.

When they were at their final locations, Taec suddenly felt his wrist being held by someone. A second after, he heard the familiar sound of handcuffs, but this time, the cuffs were not onto the criminals he caught, but they were around his wrist and possibly someone else’s.

“Okay, you may now take off your blindfolds, and you may see that 3 pairs are handcuffed... because those three pairs were lucky enough to find each other, face to face, after the travelling you all did... I call it fate!!!” Tae spoke and the cuffed people groaned except for Taec who blushed upon seeing Fany in front of him. Fany then returned his shyness with a smile.

“So, for the free people you can spend the remaining three hours anywhere you want... just be back at the lobby by noon... well as for the cuffed people, you have to spend time with each other and the key won’t be given to you unless you can state three facts about each other that any of the marshals don’t know... okay?” Khun continued with a smirk, obviously directed at Taec.

A few seconds after, the rest of the people left the hall, while the marshals together with the three not-so-happy pairs stayed. The marshals went near the couples and were faced by four sour faces and two smiling faces.

“Khun-ah... I’m sure this was your idea! Really?!? Even bringing your love for handcuffs in this reunion?! Have a rest from your cop-life, will you!?” MinJun whined who was cuffed with Joon. Khun just grinned sheepishly.

“So, wait... just a clarification... we cannot state facts that any of the four of you know?”

“No... you just have to state facts that at least one of us doesn’t know... but you cannot state three facts that only one person doesn’t know... for example, if you had stated a fact that I don’t know, you can’t use the TaeYeon card anymore... you have to state facts that one of them doesn’t know... is that clear?” Tae responded and they nodded.

“And no discussing with each other of what facts to state... This is for you to get to know each other really well... so free flowing conversations must be done...” DooJoon stated.

“How would you know what we discussed?” Joon asked and Taec held the cuff to his eye level, making Fany raise her hand.

“You put a bug on these cuffs?” Taec asked softly at Khun and he smirked.

“Okay, so off you go... wander off!!!” Khun and the others pushed the couples out, and each went their own ways.

“So, where do we go...?” Taec shyly asked after awkwardly standing at the lobby for a few minutes.

“A walk on the beach is good...” Fany suggested and they did.

“So what do you do now?” Taec asked.

“I’m a patisserie... but I don’t have a job yet...I want to have my own pastry shop but I still haven’t found the time to make it happen...” She responded as they walked the shores. “How about you?”

“I’m a cop... catching criminals here and there...”

“That’s a great thing! Saving people, helping find justice for our nation...” she praised and he scratched the back of his head.

“Khun is too...” he added. “So the cupcakes yesterday, I guess you baked them?” he asked and she nodded. “They were good... not really too sweet, I like them... since I’m not really a fan of things that are too sweet...”

“Me too... I like sweet stuff, but you still need to keep an eye on your health... diabetes kills a lot...” she spoke. “So, I’ve always wondered, how were you and Khun best friends? You two have the most opposite attitudes...”

“That guy? His parents and my parents are business partners and also neighbours... so we grew up together and were friends since diapers... he was my first play mate...” he replied and she nodded. “So when you left, how was your life there?”

“It was fine... I had to study another year of senior high... since I was not able to graduate here... Then college was fun... I trained under a famous baker before I worked as the head patisserie at one of her pastry shops... I also had some great friends there...”

“Ohhh... Uhmm... I heard from Khun that you broke up with the guy who took you away that day...”

“News travel fast, huh... But yeah, I broke up with him... Well, I didn’t like him that much anyways... My parents wanted him for me, and for ten years, I followed their wish... Until me and my parents caught her kissing someone at the mall... and he didn’t deny it at all...” she sighed but smiled after. “So how about you, how’s your love life?”

“Just broke up with her a week ago... she wants mystery in our relationship... But now, I’m happy because I’m quickly getting over her... thanks to someone...” he smiled at her and both continued talking and when it was thirty minutes before noon, they met with the marshals.

“So... how was your time together? Did you get some interesting facts about each other?” Tae asked as they walked closer to the two and the couple nodded in response. “Shall we start? Fany first...”

“He has caught 23 criminals just this month...” Fany spoke to DooJoon and he gave an okay sign. “He is best friends with Khun since they were in diapers...” she told SeungHo and the man gave her a pass. “And he just broke up with his girlfriend a week ago?” she spoke to Tae with a smile and the woman returned with a teasing smile.

“Tong-gwa!!!” Tae spoke loud, having Fany pass the mission. “Taec’s turn...”

“She trained under a famous baker in Paris...” he told SeungHo and he passed. “She loves Japanese sweets...” he spoke to DooJoon and received an okay sign. He walked past Tae and face Khun. “010-2936-0801” he spoke and Khun smirked and showed him the key.

Taec got the key from Khun and Tae curiously took her phone out, and upon checking her contact list, she spoke. “Wahhh... you’re memory’s good... you already memorized her number, huh...” patting Taec’s arm as he unlocked the cuffs.

During their lunch, Fany’s group sat together with Taec and his friends and chatted with each other while taking their meals. Soon after, the entire group left Busan, and some left for their hometowns while majority went back to Seoul through KTX. Khun and Taec sat side by side with Tae, Fany and Soo sitting opposite them, while Woo and MinJun were at the left seats.

“Hey, I’m planning on having a housewarming party... do you want to come?” she asked the boys, particularly Taec and before he could even respond, Khun had interrupted.

“Sure thing... when and what time? Hope we won’t have emergencies on that day...” Khun cut in.

“I wanna have it this Sunday, maybe at 5pm... could you come?” she asked.

“Of course we can... we’ll make sure to arrive!” Woo took his turn answering for the group.

“Okay then... I’ll just text you the address...” she smiled at Taec and he nodded.

The seven of them got to know better during that three hour train ride and they parted after as Khun and Taec had to go back to the station.

Days passed and it was the housewarming day. It was 3pm and the girls were already at Fany’s apartment preparing food. The doorbell rang and Fany was surprised when she saw Khun and Taec in front of her.

“Wow, you’re early... I haven’t even finished preparing yet...” Fany spoke as she let the two men in, before making herself more presentable by wiping her sweat and arranging her hair.

“We thought we could help with the preparation... and Taec wanted to share his grilled ribs recipe so he’s here to cook for us...” Khun spoke.

“I have to marinade it for a few hours, so I thought coming here a little earlier is a good thing...” Taec added. “You have a nice place here...” he added and in no time, the two women made their presence known.

“You can place those in here...” Soo peeked from the kitchen and suggested Taec to get into the kitchen and start cooking.

While Fany was working on a batter of pastry, he was also making his marinade. She could not help but admire his cooking image, as she had always been attracted to men who could pro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter