Chapter 2: The Day We First Met

Cuffed to My Sugar Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hey, your desk looks clean now... really just dumped all of her in the trash bin, huh...” his friend joked upon seeing him.

“Yah! What are you two doing here...? I thought we’ve agreed to meet at the convenience store outside...?” Taec glared at his two friends, ignoring the comment.

“Khunnie told us to wait inside... He said he needed help with something... Just have no idea what that something is...” his other friend informed. “Are you ready for the overnight?”

“Not really... I’m so tired... I slept not close to three hours last night, cuz someone just informed me of a murder which was not true...” Taec glared at Chan. “and I couldn’t sleep afterwards...”

“Hyungnim... how would I know that it was a drunk call and the being he killed was a roach? He did not sound drunk at all..!” the maknae cop defended.

“And how could he have called your direct line instead of the service line?!” He questioned and the maknae just kept his head down, admitting fault.

“Hey MinJun-ah, Woo, you’re here early...” Khun spoke upon noticing the two before heading to his desk.

“So what’s the thing you need help?” Woo asked.

“Here!” Khun handed a piece of paper to the two while keeping his eyes on the monitor of his computer.

“And what the hell is this? Ten lemons, yarn, 6 raw eggs, 60 boiled eggs, AA batteries-as much as you can...” MinJun raised an eyebrow.

“TaeYeon told me to get those and bring it to the overnight... apparently they’ve planned games and the person in charge suddenly could not make it... and she’s already at the venue preparing other things...” Khun responded.

“And?” Woo asked.

“And as the vice class president, I was told to handle that... But as you can see, Taec and I are still stuck here and our duty does not end until 9pm which is also the time we depart for the bus station. So since you two have one and a half hours to spend, as my good friends, you can do that for me could you?” Khun smiled and showed a puppy dog face.

“Fine!!! Because our nation needs responsible cops who won’t stay away from their posts, am I right?!!” Woo mocked.

“Right! And here’s the money for it...” Khun responded and handed them the money.

 

When the clock 9pm, the two cops, with their two friends, departed the station carrying backpacks and grocery bags on their hands. They boarded the bus and took a nap while having the ride. They arrived at Busan by 5am and headed to the hotel where they were booked into.

They dragged their bodies towards the lift and Woo pressed the floor button, and when they walked out of the elevator, Taec thought that he was still dreaming. Just when they were about to turn the corner to their room hallway, he saw a woman who looked like her enter a room at the opposite side of the hallway.

“Hey, are there anyone besides us and Taengoo in here?” Taec asked.

“Nope... should be none yet... unless they’re super early like us... we told all attendees to be here 1pm... so that the welcoming event would be all ready...”

“1pm and yet you told us to be early... we could have taken the KTX so we could have saved time...” Woo complained in his mutters.

“That’s because you’re here to help me set up, you punk! And buses are a lot cheaper and we need to save money because the hotel’s already expensive! And we have successfully slept for 8 hours without disturbance!!! A rare thing for me and Taec..!!” Khun kicked the back of Woo’s leg. “Why you asking?”

“I think I just saw Fany in the other room back there...” Taec answered.

“You’re just too excited to see her, am I right?!” Khun joked. “Aww... first love lasts forever...” he added and Taec shoved him in the room just in time, as MinJun opened the door to their shared room.

“Wait is that good or bad? You’re not over your first crush, Fany... but you’ve finally moved on with your ex girlfriend Ria... hmmm...” Woo spoke and earned a pillow on his face, courtesy of Taec.

“Shut up, we have to go help Taengoo, don’t we?” Taec changed the subject and the four boys made themselves comfortable with a change of clothes.

Clad in their beach wear, they took their tools and necessities and walked towards the beach where Tae and Soo were already at. They spotted the girls and immediately lend a hand to the helpless women who were setting up five beach volleyball nets.

“Beach volleyball? Really?” Woo teased Khun as he tied the net strings on the poles.

“That’s what the girls wanted... and we had to have a beach event... imagine the bikinis running around the sands when the sun rises at its fullest...” Khun wiggled his eyebrows and a erted smile appeared on Woo’s face, agreeing with his idea.

“What else do you need help with?” Taec asked the women.

“Uhmmm... where are the lemons, eggs and yarns?” Tae asked and MinJun showed her the bags. “Okay, oppa, for the lemons, just leave them like that... Then I have 4 raw eggs and 30 boiled ones... help me group the eggs into one raw egg and 9 boiled ones... so there should be 10 packs... place each of them in these brown bags... then for the yarns... Kindly cut them to 2 meters... I need 10 pieces... thank you...” Tae instructed.

“Do you have a meter stick?” Taec asked.

“Oh shoot!!! I forgot that... but oppa... you’re almost 2 meters tall right? Maybe you can level the yarn with your height then just a few centimetres...?” Tae smiled sweetly and he could just nod.

“MinJun-ah, help me with this...” Taec handed the scissors to MinJun and successfully cut yarns into about 2 meters long. The group continued preparing, checked the equipment and confirmed the reservations they had with the hotel. They took a rest after, and had their lunch before welcoming their other batch mates at the lobby.

 

By the time the clock ticked 2:34pm, all guests had arrived and have gone to their rooms to change clothes. However, he had not seen her, thinking that he could have missed her at the lobby, he checked with Tae.

“Oh, Fany? She’s already here... since 5:30 am... around the time you got in I guess...” Tae responded nonchalantly before heading to the group of batch mates who have gathered at the lobby.

“Okay, let’s have you divided into groups first... so our activities would be held by groups and teamwork with people you may have and may have not seen for years is important...” Tae announced at the lobby with her megaphone.

“We have a great prize this year, so let’s do our best shall we? So, we have 54 people today... 75% attendance... so there would be ten groups all in all, and four would remain as marshals and MCs... the four would be me, Khun, DooJoon and SeungHo... here are the pre-categorized teams...” she continued showing a big poster paper with Khun and DooJoon h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter