CHAPTER 6 : EXAGGERATED SITUATION

It's You that I want, Not Him.

CHAPTER 6

EXAGGERATED SITUATION

 

 (Jade’s Dad POV)

I’ve been staying in Beijing for about a month already. I passed my summer with my family because of work. Work that actually drove me crazy. All business man wants their company to grow bigger and stronger, and now, it came at the time when my company was not in its greatest position.

I had to do whatever it takes to make my company strong and on top like it used to be, if I didn’t do anything, I’d lose everything. I’d lose my own money, and what would my family be like if I couldn’t handle this?

          The buyer’s rate was getting smaller and smaller, it got my head bald soon because of this. Sighed. I really need some business cooperation, I needed to collaborate with someone so they could help me gain my buyers up again, help me find new ideas and strategy of selling.

          Yeah. That would do. I just needed to find another businessman to collaborate with me.

          So I had better move quickly, I knew a lot of business partner that would glad to help, I thought, the Jung family? Mr. Junhyun maybe? Ah, he wouldn’t take my collaboration I guess, since he’s so busy going overseas.

          After I thought for a while again, one name came up in my brain after hundred of names. The Shim family. Yes. That’d be great.

          (End of Jade’s Dad POV)

          “You’re not going with me tomorrow morning?” Hyoyeon asked, as usual, through our big windows.

          “Nope, start from tomorrow, Jaejoong will pick me up and also drive me home.” I said.

          She chuckled. “Wow, he got an advantage too after all.” She said.

          “Yah, I am not taking him as an advantage.” I said.        

          Hyoyeon laughed. “I know, I was joking. Anyway, Mr. John said that we all should re-arrange our subject schedules after the summer break, I don’t want to be separated from you since it’s our senior year, we should talk it out tomorrow at school.” She said.

          “Re-arrange? That’s great, I can also make my subject schedules same as Jaejoong’s!” I said.

          Hyoyeon rolled her eyes. “Good thing he has turned into a soft creature after he met you. Alright, I’m going to bed now, see you at school tomorrow!” she said.

          “Arasso. Bye!” and both of us closed our window.

          I laid myself on bed, and smiled. It would be so interesting to meet Jaejoong in the same class everyday, but, what would we share after school if we meet everyday at class? Hmm.. that would be a drawbacks too. Well, I should just ask him which subjects we should be in together tomorrow.

          “Are you asleep?” he suddenly texted me.

          I smiled. “Nope, but I’m trying to.” I replied.

          “It has only been a week but I miss you a lot already. I’ll pick you up at 8 tomorrow. Now get some sleep, it’s late.” He said.

          I smiled. “I miss you too cold man! Hihihi^^ see you tomorrow!”

          “I love you.”He said.

          Even though I didn’t say this a lot to him, but he said that a lot to me, I’d like him to always be the first to say that every time. I didn’t know, I just loved it. LOL.

          “I love you too, sweet dream..” I said.

         

          The next morning.

          I had breakfast with Mom and Yuri-Unnie as usual, while waited for Jaejoong to come. After I finished, a few minutes later, Jaejoong has arrived in front of my house with his car. Different car now, he brought his red BMW. How many car does he has actually?

          “So your new boyfriend pick you up this morning?” Mom said.

          I smiled while I stood up. “Yeah, apparently yes mom.” I said.         

          “Take care on the way to school, okay?” Mom said.

          I smiled and nodded.

          “Oh, look, Jaejoong is coming over, what a gentle.. I thought he is not going to get out from his car.” Yuri-Unnie said.

          I turned around and I saw him walking toward our front door, I walked briskly to greeted him. He looked so handsome that morning.

          “Good morning.” He said, smiled.

          I smiled. “Good morning!” I said.

          “Ready to go?” he said.

          “Yeah, I am.”

          He smiled. “Oh, Annyonghaseyo Noona, Aunty!” he bowed at them.

          “Annyonghaseyo!” They said.

          I smiled. “Well, I’m leaving now, see you later! Annyonghigaseyo!” I said, and we both bowed at them.

          Along the road, we started chattering as if we got a lot to tell even when we were just met.

          When we were arrived at school, everybody were gathering in front of the school before the bell rings, as usual. Jaejoong came out from the car and the girls were squealing like a dolphin. But they had to stop squealed, because Jaejoong wasn’t available in the market anymore ladies!

          He got me.

          He opened the car’s door for me and we walked together to the school, everybody were looking at us, and whispered at each other. But Jaejoong didn’t care so much about them so he put his hand around me. I chuckled, and we continued walking.

          “Someone seem to be stealing the spotlight.” Hyoyeon said.

          I laughed. “Jealous much?” I said.

          “Nope, I got mine.” She said, smiled. While Junho was walking toward her.

          “Don’t tell me you guys are dating already??” I said.

          “Well, he asked me three days ago..” she said.

          “He asked you three days ago and I just know now?? What is wrong with you?” I said, complained.

          She laughed. “Aigooo, Mianhae, I’ll tell you every thing later, I gottta go now, I’m going to arrange my schedules, you should do it too, since both of you want to be together always right?” she said.

          We chuckled. “Are we?” I said.

          “Do you?” Jaejoong said.

          I sighed. “Come on, let’s re-arrange it.” I said, I dragged Jaejoong with me.

          We decided to be five times in one class in a week. So we won’t be in the same class for Wednesday and Thursday. Not only because he hated Chemistry, but we also needed a little separation, since we’d meet each other every morning and after school.

          “Sunbae! Is there any dance practice for today? The new students are asking us.” Said Jihyo, my junior, she’s in charge of the new students who were joining my dance club. Also, Jaejoong’s number one fan.

          She was glancing at Jaejoong, while Jaejoong was talking to Hyoyeon and put his arm around me at the same time.

          “Gather after school. On time.” I said, I glared at her.

          “….Ne Sunbae. I’ll tell everybody. Kamsahamnida.” She said.

          I nodded.

          “Since when you become so strict to the girls?” Hyoyeon said.

          “Since Jihyo was glancing at Jaejoong.” Junho said, chuckled.

          I rolled my eyes.

          “Jealous much?” Hyoyeon said, teasing.

          “Yah.” I said.

          And both of them laying back to their seats again.

          “First day of period, guys.” Jaejoong said.

          I chuckled. “I don’t even tell you that I’m on my period.” I said.

          “You act like you are in period.” He said.

          “What do you know about girl’s period anyway?” I said.

          “Not much.” He said.

          I rolled my eyes.

          “So you’re having dance practice later?” he said.

          “Yeah, you can go home first, I’ll ask my driver to pick me up.” I said.

          “No need, I have basketball practice too, I’m done when you’re done.” He said.

          I smiled. “Okay.”

          After lunch, I was heading to my locker to get my stuff, Jae had his own schedule and so did Hyoyeon, I was going to attend Biology class that time.

          When I was about to opened my locker, there was a chocolate and white roses hanging on it. I checked it, no name on it. Mysterious chocolate and white roses? Did Jae send these? Not him, I assumed, he wouldn’t be that romantic even at school.

          I took the chocolate and put it in my bag.

         

          After school, I greeted the new members of our dance team, nobody were late that time since I was giving Jihyo a horrifying glare at lunch.

          After we taught the new girls our dance routine, we practiced for a few times and I separated them into two teams, because so many of them were joining.

          Afterward, we took a rest.

          “Sunbae, congrats on the dating, the whole school is buzzing.” Said Jooyoon.

          I smiled halfheartedly. “Gomawo.” I said.

          “Some of the girls at school are jealous, even some of them were crying in class the minute they saw you walked together.” Said Hyuna.

          “Jinca??” Hyoyeon said.

          I sighed. “How could they be so melodramatic, it’s just Jaejoong.” I said.

          “That’s the point, it’s because he is Jaejoong-sunbae!” Jihyo said.

          I starred at her. “Wae? What is it with him?” I said.

          “Well, we all know he is very handsome, and cool, and rich too… so…. Which girl who doesn’t want to be with him?” Jihyo said.

          “You girls need to stop looking at someone by their appearances and how rich they are, Jade doesn’t date Jae just because his rich. Their relationship is more than that, you know?” Hyoyeon said.

          I smiled.

          “Arrayo Unnie, I wasn’t saying that Jade-Sunbae is dating Jaejoong-sunbae just because he is rich, I just want to say how lucky she is to have him as her boyfriend.” Jihyo said.

          “You’re wrong again, it’s Jaejoong who’s lucky to have her as his girlfriend. You guys need to learn more about guys, it’s still way below the basic.” Hyoyeon chuckled.

          I chuckled. “Alright, alright, enough with this conversation. You guys, I beg you, stop taking in my personal life into our discussion, I don’t feel so comfortable.” I said.

          “Algesemnida sunbae, Cwesunghamnida.” They said.

          I nodded. “Gwenchana, alright, time to go home, we meet again on Wednesday.” I said.

          “Ne~” they said.

          After all of them left, Hyoyeon and I were still in the dance studio, while I was waiting for Jaejoong to come over.

          “You know, I guess the school kids getting too over reacted.” Hyoyeon said.

          “I wish I could say the same thing.” I said.

          “Don’t think about it, both of you deserve each other, they’re just jealous.” She said.

          I smiled. “Thanks for your awesome words back there.” I chuckled.

          “Nah, it’s nothing.” She said. “So, is Jae done practicing?” she said.

          “I guess he hasn’t. By the way Hyo, I received white roses and chocolate earlier after lunch, these were hanging on my locker. And I don’t know who gave me these.” I said.

          Hyoyeon laughed. “Yah, you got secret admirer dude!” she said.

          “It’s strange… why would he or she be my secret admirer now? I mean, the whole school know that I date Jaejoong.” I said.

          “This must be he. Come on, you got secret admirers even long before you met Jae, love letters, flowers came to your house, even teddy bears. Crazy.” She said.

          “It’s happening again now?” I said.

          “I guess it is, don’t worry, just take whatever the gifts are, as long as they not disturb you too much.” She said.

          “Well, we’ll see.” I said.

          When we were about to stand up, I saw Jae was standing in front of our dance class, with flowers in his hand.

          “Wait Jae, white flowers? Did you hang these on my locker after lunch earlier?” I said.

          “What? No, I just want to tell you that I found this flower hanging on your locker.” He said.

          “Shoot, it’s not you, then who the heck is this mysterious person?” I said.

          Jae smirked. “Well you got secret admirers while I got girls crying whenever they saw me. The school is getting crazy, let’s get out of here.” He said.

          Hyoyeon and I were looking at each other.

          “How could you be so… calm, dealing with this?” Hyo said.

          “It’s still nothing Hyo, you haven’t seen when they’re getting crazier than this. What can I say Jade, dating you is sort of dangerous too.” He chuckled.

          “No, it’s you.” I said.

          “Really?” he smiled.

          I smiled. “Let’s go home.” I said, took his hand.

          “Yah, what about me? I don’t bring my car!” Hyoyeon said.

          “Where is your boyfriend?” Jae said.

          “He was practicing with you dummy!” Hyo said.

          “Then he must be still in the gym, go get him!” Jae said.

          Hyo rolled her eyes. “Arasso, you guys go home first, catch you later Jade!” Hyo said.

          I smiled. “Okay, see you.” I said.

          Then, we came home, Jae drove me home as usual, he didn’t say anything about the secret admirer issue on our way, I wondered does he even care? I mean, his girlfriend was having a major secret-admirer-issues!

          “So, what are you going to do with the chocolate? And the flower?” he said.

          Oh. He cared.

          “What do you think?” I said.

          He grinned. “Eat the chocolate, food shouldn’t be wasted. You can give the flower to me.” He said.

          “And what exactly are you going to do with the flower?” I said.

          “Throw it away.” He said.

          “Jae!” I said.

          He laughed. “Nobody can give you flower except me, come on…” he said.

          I rolled my eyes and get out from his car. He followed me to the front door.

          “Alright, alright, I’ll keep the flower, but you can’t keep it.” He said.

          I smiled. “Whatever you say… Mister overprotective.” I said.

          He grinned.

          When I was going to press the doorbell, I accidentally stepped on something, Jae noticed, and both of us looked down.

          “What the hell is it now? This stalker came to your house too??” Jae said, after both of us saw the big teddy bear and the roses were in front of the entrance.

          “Oh God… is this really because I’m dating you? This is ridiculous.” I said.

          “This is too much.” Jae said, I could see he was a little pissed off that time.

          “Jae, it’s just teddy bear and flowers, we should just ignore them, they’ll stop soon.” I said.

          “The bear and the flower are not the problem Jade, the problem is, that stalker knows your house, and it could be dangerous.” He said, worried.

          I chuckled. “What could be dangerous? I got security in front of the gate, they won’t just let them inside…” I said.

          “Then what was your security doing when this stalker sent this here?” Jae said.

          I sighed.

          He was right.

          “I’ll ask him later, it’ll be fine. Don’t worry.” I said, his back softly.

          He sighed and held my hand. “When something weird happens, tell me right away, alright? And start from now, you have to tell me where are you going and who are you going with, okay?” he said, glared at me.

          I pouted.

          He softened his glare and kissed my forehead. “I just want you to be okay. I won’t be near you every time.” He said.

          I smiled. “Okay.” I said.

          He smiled at me. “Alright, I’ll call you tonight.” He said.

          I smiled and nodded. “Thanks for driving me home.”

          “Just doing my job.” He smiled, and waved goodbye.

          I remembered that the whole people in my house aren’t around, plus, I’d really like to spend my time more with Jae, so I really hope he’d turn around and ask me if he’d accompany me.

          “Jade?” he turned around.

          I smiled before I turned around. “Yeah?”

          He smiled and walked toward me. I really wished he could accompany me for a while. I knew it sounded so needy, buy, when I wanted to be with him, I wanted to be with him badly.

          He suddenly kissed my cheek and smiled. And walked back to his car.

          “I’ll call you tonight.” He said.

          He left me speechless.

          “Take care.” He said.

          I rolled my eyes and went inside my room.

 

          For the next one week, the school hadn’t come to its normal state, the students were getting overly reacted about Jaejoong dated me. The secret admire hadn’t even stopped giving me flowers, candies, letters, and chocolates. Jae was getting more and more pissed off.

          Until it was almost three weeks, the weird secret admirer hadn’t stop, though the other students at school were finally got used to see us together.

          “If you want to know me, just come to the back school, I’ll meet you there after school.”  It was the letter I received after three weeks of him stalked me. I wanted to show it to Hyoyeon or Jae, but I knew the stalker would know if I show it to them, and he wouldn’t want to show him self after school. So I decided to come on my own while Hyoyeon handled the dance club and Jaejoong playing basketball.

          “I got to tutor my junior after school, I’ll meet you in front when I’ve done. See you in a bit.” I sent a text to Jae.

          “Where are you going to tutor your junior?”  He replied.

          I hesitated. “In his last subject class, you wouldn’t want to come here, it’s far from the gym, you’d get lost.” I said.

          “Take care.” He said.

          I sighed, and I went straight to the school’s back to see who was this guy.

          I walked slowly and carefully to the school’s back, nobody was there, it was so quite, until I heard footsteps from my back, and I turned around.

          “Hi there pretty girl. It seems like that handsome Jaejoong guy is too lucky to have you.” Said the tall one.

          There were actually three guys surrounded me, I was literally going to scream but I couldn’t. my heart beat so fast until I couldn’t let the word out, I was scared, how could I be so stupid?

          “Sorry for the inconvenience, the flowers, chocolate, teddy bears, over and over again, those must’ve been disturbing you right?” said the medium tall one.

          I didn’t say a word. I tried to be calm and got myself together.

          “Now you know who we are and we just want to touch you before that pretty boy do…” The short one touched my left arm.

          “Don’t touch me!” I said, walked away.

          “Feisty, where are you going Jade? There is no way out.” Said the other tall one.

          I have never saw these three guys at school, I swear to God, I was so afraid.

          (Jaejoong’s POV)

          “Excuse me, have you seen Jade? She said she was tutoring here.” I had a terrible feeling when she gave me the text earlier, I skipped my basketball practice just to looked for her junior’s classroom.

          “Oh! Jaejoong-sunbae! Jade-Unnie doesn’t tutor us today, I thought she’d be having dance class today.” Said the girl with pony tail.

          “Oh? Jincayo?” I said. Why would she lie to me?

          “Ne. maybe she’s in her practice room sunbae, have you checked?” she said.

          I shook my head. “No, I haven’t. Maybe I should check now, thanks anyway.” I said.

          “Ne, sunbae.” She said.

          I walked briskly to her practice room and I saw nobody there, they have probably left. I asked the whole school if they might saw Jade, but none of them had seen her.

          Until I reached the school’s back door, and I asked a guy whose locker was next to the school’s back door.

          “Have you seen Jade? Choi Jaden?” I asked him.

          “Oh, pretty Noona??”

          I rolled my eyes. “Just tell me if you see her.” I said.

          “I saw her walking down to the school’s back a while ago Sunbenim.” He said.

          My eyes widened and I ran straight to the back of the school.

          “HELP!!” I could clearly hear it was Jade’s voice, screamed for help. I ran toward her voice and found her was surrounded by three mysterious guys, I bet they were her stalkers.

          “YAH!! GET AWAY FROM HER!!” I screamed at them and I beat them all with my own hand. These guys were taller and shorter than me, but they really got nothing.

          When they have laid on the ground when I finished beat them, I forced them to give me their names.

          “Choi Kwanghee.”

          “Neo, who’s your name??” I asked, furious.

          “…. Kwang Jungyu.”

          “And you??”

          He shook his head.

          “WHAT’S YOUR NAME??” I shouted.

          “…Lee Jinshin.”

          “Do not expect that the three of you will step your feet on this school again tomorrow. Now, get lost. GET OUT!!” I shouted again.

          It was a relieved to save Jade’s before it was too late, I was afraid that she got already. I was even angry if they just touched her by the hand.  I was also afraid that the fight would give her a bad impact, since she was in a complete shock after that.

          “Jade, Gwenchana? They didn’t do anything to you right??” I said.   

          She shook her head and tears were coming down from her eyes.

          “Oh God, come on, let’s go home.” I lifted her up.

          I brought her to the car, I held her tight while school was getting quiet, nobody was there,  I thought, the more quite, the better, so nobody could ask what happened to her.

          Along the road, Jade didn’t say a word, she was absolutely still in her shocking state. I was so worried about her, and I wanted to be mad at her for being so careless! Why would she lie? This wouldn’t happen if she told me from the first place!

          But I saved it for later, when she’d felt better.

          Arrived at her house, nobody was home. I was too worried about her if I had to explain what happened to Yuri-Noona or to her Mom. I brought her to her room, and she sat on her bed. Silence.

          “Tell me, did one of them touch you?” I said.

          She shook her head. But she didn’t talk.

          “Jade, please talk, just let me know…” I said.

          Silence. Still in shock.

          I came closer to her and hugged her. The best medicine out of all was a hug.

          “It’s okay. You’re okay.” I said.

          After a few minutes, she finally came to her normal state again, I wiped her tears and calmed herself down.

          “You okay now? Can talk?” I said.

          She nodded.

          “Those clowns weren’t touching you right?” I said.

          “No, they held my hand to not make myself run away from them, but then you came, so, nothing further.” She said.

          It was a relieved. “Thank God. I’ll take care of them tomorrow, I’ll talk to the principle.” I said.

          “What would happen to me if you were late….” She said.

          “Why didn’t you just tell me you were going to see them Jade?” I said.

          “I was afraid that they wouldn’t show up if I gave the letter to you.” She said.

          I sighed. “You need to be more careful next time… I’d rather kill myself if I were too late to save you.” I said.

          She smiled. “Gomawo…” she said.

          I held her hand. “Should I hire a bodyguard for you?” I joked.

          She laughed and pinched my cheek. “Don’t be too melodramatic.” She said.

          I laughed. “None of them were stealing a kiss from you right??” I said. Made sure.

          “Of course not!” she said.

          “Good. Because nobody can do that except me.” I said.

          She laughed. “If you’re going to kiss me, it’s not going to be your first kiss anyway right?” she said, rolled her eyes.

          “Well….” I got nothing to say. Well, I meant, it would not be special if somebody else kissed her before I did.

          She laughed. “Anyway, thank you.” She said and held my hand.

          I smiled at her and kissed her cheek. “Be careful next time, okay?” I said.

          “I promise.” She said.

          “Now take a rest, I’ll pick you up tomorrow morning.” I said.

          She nodded.

          (End of Jaejoong’s POV)

          It was so close, if Jae didn’t come to save me, I’d probably done. They almost me! Oh my God, how could things like this happen at school? I never even had seen them at school! It was a traumatizing thing for me, if I say a word to Yuri-Unnie or Mom, or even Dad, the three of them would dead. Terrible thing would happen to them if Dad knows.

          Even though they only touched my hand, still, the feeling of ‘almost-got-’ scared me so much.

          “Jae?” I called him out.

          He turned around. “Yeah?” he said.

          I stood up and came to him. “Don’t tell the principle what happened. Don’t you think it’s a bit harsh?” I said.

          He sighed. “You think their intentions to you weren’t harsh for you?”  He said.

          I sighed. “Jae, that’s not what I mean, I,”

          “Jade! You were almost got ! Are you out of your mind?” he said, pissed off.

          I was a bit surprised when he shouted, my expression explained it all, and he softened his glare and hugged me.

          “I’m sorry… I’m just… I am worry about you, they would probably do the same thing to you again or maybe to the other girls at our school, do you know what I mean?” he said.

          I sighed and hugged him back. “Arasso. Do whatever you like.” I said.

          He sighed and rubbed my back. “I’m sorry if this cause a bad impact on you.” He said.

          “No, I’m fine.” I said.

          “Just let me protect you. Moreover, I’ll do it my own way. Whatever it would be.” He said.

          I smiled and buried my face on his chest.

          “I love you.” He said.

          I smiled and looked at his face. “Good.”

          He rolled his eyes and smiled.

          “Because I love you too.” I said.

          He smiled and kissed my forehead. “If you’re too shock to go to school tomorrow, just take some rest, I’ll deal with those three idiots while you’re absent.” He said.

          “Nah. I’m good.” I said.

          “Jinca?” he teased me.

          I giggled and smacked his hand.

          “Don’t pretend that you’re okay Jade.” He said.

          I sighed. “What would I tell Mom and my sister if I’m not going to school tomorrow? There would be a major drama if I tell them what happened to me earlier.”

          “It’s better if we keep this to ourselves.” He said.

          “Yeah, I think so.”

          “Alright, take some rest, okay?” he said.

          I nodded, but I didn’t let him go.

          “Do you mind to release me?” he chuckled.

          “Just a little longer.” I said.

          He laughed and hugged me tight.

          Suddenly he released the hug and looked at my face, I was looking at him, expected him to say something, but then, I realized he was trying to kiss my lips, I slowly closed my eyes and I could feel his nose touched mine…..

          “Jade??” Yuri-Unnie called out from outside.

          Jae cancelled his intention to kiss me, and again, his second attempt destroyed.

          I chuckled and he rolled his eyes. We went outside to see Yuri-Unnie.

          “Oh! Jaejoong-ah! You’re here!” she said.

          Jae smiled and bowed at her. “Annyonghaseyo Noona.” He said.

          “Ne, Annyong! Is there…a problem? It’s not usual you drive her home and come all the way up to her room… or did you guys…umm…?” she said, already thought of something weird.

          “Oh! Aniyo Noona, is really not every single weird thing you’re thinking of. She left her cell phone in the car, I had to drive back here and give it to her, Mr. Lee said I should just go to her room and gives it to her, and so… that’s it.” He said, he was good at making things up. I grinned.

          “Ah, I see. Alright, so, mind to stay for dinner Jae?” Yuri-Unnie said.

          “Ah… Aniyo Noona, Gwenchanayo. But thanks anyway. My mom and my little sister must be waiting for me now, maybe soon.” He said, with a charming smile.

          “Alright then. Safe drive on the way home and thanks for driving Jade home earlier.” She said. “Jade, come to my room after you accompany Jaejoong to the front, okay?” she said.

          “Okay Unnie.” I smiled.

          “So, I’ll be going now. See you later Noona. Annyonghigaseyo.” Jae said.

          Yuri-Unnie smiled and nodded, and she went to her room.

          “Thanks for today, really, Jeongmal gomawoyo…” I said, still held each other’s hand.

          He smiled. “Stop saying thank you Jade… it’s my job.” He said.

          I chuckled. “Sorry, another person interrupted you earlier.” I said.

          He laughed. “I should have the perfect timing for that one.” He said.

          I laughed and kissed his cheek. “Take care on your way home.” I said.

          “Take some nap. It’s better if you’re not going to school tomorrow. Arasso?” he said.

          “I’ll consider it.”

          “Text me when you’re not going, okay?” he said.

          I nodded and smiled.

          After Jae went home, I came to Yuri-Unnie’s room to ask her what happened.

          “What’s up?” I said.

          “Honestly, tell me, you didn’t do anything with Jae earlier right?” she said.

          I rolled my eyes. “Are you crazy? Of course not. FYI, he was about to kiss me but you interrupted!” I said.

          She laughed. “What if after you guys got kissed and then it’d lead you to something more than that??” she said, worried.

          “Chill out grandma, I ain’t that easy.” I said.

          “Jade, seriously!”

          “Oh My God, Unnie, I’m still a … Okay?” I said.

          She sighed. “Good to know that, thanks.”

          I rolled my eyes and left her room.

          “Dinner at 8 Jade!” she shouted.       

          “Yeah, yeah, yeah, grandma!” I said.

          (Jade’s Mom POV)

          I was out from my boutique, heading home. Then I received a phone call from my husband, I wondered why he called me at this time of hour?

          “Yaboseyo?” I answered.

          “Oh, Yeobo, where are you?” he asked.

          “I’m on my way home, Jade is sick, so I come home early from the boutique, what’s wrong?” I asked.

          “Jade is sick? What’s wrong with her? Is she alright?” I thought he wouldn’t asked.

          “She has a fever, too tired from school activity I guess.”

          “Oh, really? Then tell her to take a rest, don’t go to school if she hasn’t feeling well.”

          “Of course dear. But what’s the real reason that you’re calling?”

          “Ah, it’s about the company partner. I just found the perfect one for our company!” he said, he sounded so relieved, so happy.

          “Oh Jeongmalyo? That’s a good news, so who is the entrepreneur?” I asked.

          “It’s the Shim family, they own a silk mill in the downtown of Seoul, Mr. Shim himself actually offered me to be his business partner so both of our own company can grow bigger,” then he explained the systematic of how their company could be stronger and bigger by having a partnership. “But, he has one condition.” He said.

          “What is that?” I asked.

          “As I said, Mr. Shim would give me lots of property and opportunity in the business and he would really love to cooperate with my company if,” he hesitated.

          “If what?”

          “If we agree to hold an arranged marriage between his son and one of our daughter.” He said.

          “What? Honey, this is 21st century, where is he from? Planet mars? Come on, arrange marriage is so…. Lame. And do you agree with that??” I said.

          “Honey, I know. I know how lame it is, but this is for our future, for all of us, we all relaying our self to my company, and if it goes down, then we all do. I have no choice but say yes.”

          “Are you out of your mind?? Family needs to compromise towards marriage, especially this one, just for the sake of the company, you have the heart to let our young daughters to have an arrange marriage? That’s insane! No. I won’t let any of my child do this for you!” I said, furious.

          “Please honey, I’m telling you, this is for us, I’m doing this for us!”

          “Do you think our daughters are still kindergarten? They have grown up! You have to keep that in mind that they are not a kid anymore! Yuri has fulfilled what you have always wanted, you want her to be a doctor, then she became one, and what now? You want her to get married in the age of 22? Are you crazy?”

          “I wasn’t going to ask Yuri to get married. I was going to ask Jade. She still has a long way to go, she said that she doesn’t want to become a doctor or run my company, then at least she should be an entrepreneur’s wife.” He said.

          “She is still a teenager Alex! For God sake, she is turning 18 next year and you already expect her to get married? What kind of father are you?” I said, this time, tears almost fall down from my eyes.

          “She will do it for our company, I know she will.”

          “She has a boyfriend, you don’t need to disturb her life.”

          “Listen, I don’t care if she has one, this is for us, I’m doing this for all of us, I give you a month to tell her what’s going on, if she doesn’t say yes, I will have to force her to break up with her boyfriend.”

          And he hung up on me.

          As a mother, I was devastated. I felt like, I almost didn’t recognize my own husband. He had turned himself into a selfish and greedy man, how could he agreed to that arrange marriage? He didn’t even think about how Jade would feel about it, no girl in her life wants to be forced in marriage, in love. Especially my daughter. My Jade.

          He had pushed her a lot, she had been in a very pain painful endurance for being not appreciated and now he wanted her to get married?

          Now this what I called overboard. Yuri needs to know this and also… Jaejoong. I had to do what it takes to make Jade escape from the arrange marriage.

          (End of Jade’s Mom POV)

 

          (Jaejoong’s POV)

          Jade didn’t come to school today, it seemed like she changed her mind this morning, I knew it was still going to shock her no matter what. So, I was using the opportunity to talk to the principal about this while she wasn’t around.

          I went to the principle office, luckily, she was there, I believe she would understand this situation since she’s a woman.

          “Oh? Jaejoong-ah, what bring you here?” she said.

          I greeted and I bowed to her politely. “Good morning Mrs. Jill, may I talk to you? It’s quite important. Do you have time?” I said.

          “Sure son, let’s talk. Have a seat.” She said, nicely.

          I sat in front of her and started to talk. I told her everything I saw, I fought for and what Jade told me from the very beginning, she was shocked, and her expression wasn’t the best expression she could’ve given to people when she heard about the almost- part. I believe she’d pissed off about this.

          “That’s so unexpected. I cannot believe there are some of those students here!” she said.

          “I know Mrs. Jill, this isn’t only about Jade, I’m afraid they’d do the same thing to the other girls in this school, or, what if they have done it to other than Jade? From my point of view, they should be expelled.” I said.

          “Thank you for your information Jae, I’ll talk to the other teacher and try to conclude this, in the mean time, you don’t have to worry, I’ll handle this. I know what’s best for my student, I can guarantee that nobody will be almost- by them again, not even Jade. Is she okay now? By the way.” She said.

          “She’s still in her shocking zone I guess, she’s not attending school today.” I said.

          “Well, we all should gather when she’s attending school already. Because she was the almost-victim, she needs to be here.”

          “Yes sure, I will tell her later.”

          “Thanks Jae, once again. I hope Jade is okay.” She said.

          I smiled. “She will be.”

          “Alright then, you better get back to class, I will call you when I have come up with my decision.” She said.

          “Algesemnida Mrs. Jill. Thank you for your consideration. I’ll be leaving now.” I bowed at her.

          “Ne~”

          I went out from her office and went to my class. I hoped Jade’s okay at home, what would she say to her sister and her mother about she wasn’t attending school.

          ”I’ve talked to the principle, she said she’d consider everything, she’ll call us all to her office and talk it out when you have attended school. How are you by the way? Feeling better? What do you say to Yuri-Noona and your Mom about not attending school today?”  I texted her during Math class, oh, it was so boring.

          A couple of minutes later, she replied. “Sure, that’d be more explainable and clear if I’m there, I’ll probably go to school tomorrow. I told them that I wasn’t feeling so good, and luckily they believed me. LOL. By the way, don’t tell Hyoyeon about this, she’d kick their butts if she knows. And I’m fine by the way, I have felt a lot betterJ

          “Good to hear that, eat something nice, arasso? No, I haven’t even meet her today at school, and if I do, I won’t say a word^^ I know what would she be like if she knows LOL. Alright, Mr. Kyuwan is starring at me now, Hahaha, I better go now, I’ll call you tonight! Love you!”  I said.

          Break time.

          “Yo! Jae!” I heard Hyoyeon shouted from my right.

          I turned left and saw her waving at me.

          “What up?” I said.

          “What is going on? Jade was like, so healthy yesterday, how can she be sick today?” she said, she was sharp, I bet she knew something was fishy.

          “She got a terrible high temperature body in the middle of the night she said, she always kinda like that since she was a little girl.” I said.

          “Is she a baby or what?” she sighed. “I should check on her after school, you want to come?” she said.

          “Of course, let’s buy something for her before we see her later.” I said.

          “Sure. Then I’ll be in your ride okay? I didn’t bring my car today.” She chuckled.

          I chuckled. “Sure Hyo.” I said.

          I really didn’t meet those three bastards the whole day at school, was it because my school was too big? Or too many students in it? Still, I’ve seen one of them since the first day I got here, but I really didn’t see them at all today, not even one of them.

          After we bought her favorite food and fruits, we were heading straight to her house.

          “So? How is it so far, dating her?” said Hyo, on our way.

          I smiled. “She’s adorable.” I said.     

          “Adorable? Only three syllables? Can you add something more?” she said.

          I chuckled. “She’s adorable, adorable and adorable.” I said.

          She was pissed off. “Yah. Seriously!” she said.

          I laughed. “She’s my new dream, my hope, and hopefully my future.” I said.

          “Aigooo… your answer gives me goose bump you know? Are you sincere about that?” she said.

          “Of course. Why would I think it’s just a joke? I’d kill those who try to get near her or hurt her. She’s no joke for me.” I said, serious.

          “…I see. That’s nice. Jade would really like the word you just said.” She said.

          “She would?”

          “Yeah, totally, she loves all that cheesy word from man’s mouth, especially Edward Cullen.” She said.

          I chuckled. “It wasn’t cheesy, it was a fact.” I said.

          “Whatever bro.” she rolled her eyes.

          When we were arrived, Jade’s Mom warmly hugged us both, started from Hyoyeon, she said I was getting more handsome, and she said Hyoyeon was always as happy as she had always been. I couldn’t agree more.

          Jade was in her room, laid on her bed, blanket on, and she was reading a novel. I gave her a face that tried to tell her that Hyoyeon came along. Glad she understood my code and acted sick on bed before Hyoyeon stepped on her room.

          “Hey! How are you feeling girl?” Hyo said, jumped on and sat on the side of her bed, and held her hand.

          Jade smiled. “Better, you shouldn’t have come…” she said.

          I smiled at her. “Feeling a lot better?” I asked.

          She smiled at me. “Yep. A lot better. So how’s school guys?” she asked.

          “As boring as always…” I said, sat on the her left side.

          “I couldn’t agree more.” Hyoyeon said. “It’s boring when I had to sit alone in class.” She said.

          “Aw. I’ll be there tomorrow. Don’t worry.” I said.

          “Hi guys, sorry to interrupt, Jaejoong-ah, do you mind to help me cook? Jade told me you are good at cooking, Yuri is still at work, and I need to make something for this princess right here who hasn’t been eating all day, and maybe, if you cook, she’ll eat it.” Her Mom suddenly popped in from outside.

          I rolled my eyes at Jade. “You haven’t eaten anything??” I said.

 “Sorry. I wasn’t hungry.”

          I sighed. “Aigooo. Algesemnida Aunty, I’ll help you.” I said. “Come down when the food is ready. Arasso?” I said.

          “Or else?” she played along.

          “Or else,” I came closer to my ear. “I’ll tell your mom your little secret.”

          She chuckled. “Tell her if you dare.” She said.

          (Jae’s POV)

          I came down to the kitchen to help Jade’s Mom cooking for Jade. I was almost forgetting all the receipts that I had in mind for several years because I was going to cook with my girlfriend’s mother. How awkward could it be?

          “So how are you with Jade?” she asked, while putting the ingredients on the pot.

          “Umm, so far we are fine Aunty.” I smiled, while cutting the onion.

          She smiled. “Good. I have to say Jae, until this moment, you're the man who had made ​​her open her heart for someone else again.”

          That made me stopped cutting the onion. “Really Aunty? How do you know?”

          “She became so conservative and aware towards guy, some guys came to her, gave her hopes and just ditched her without certainty. It gave her no confident to get close to a boy again since then. But when she found you, she really likes you, she once said to me that her heart likes you a lot, so you better keep it that way, don’t let her heart hates you, it broke too many times and I guess it is going to stop functioning if you hurt it.” She said.

          I smiled. “I never have the intention to hurt her Aunty, it never crosses my mind. I rarely in fall in love, but when I do, I fall hard,” I smiled as how blissful I was to say that. “I understand how her heart broke several times, by that accidents, she learned how to meet people and to not get hurt anymore. I’m not saying I’m the perfect one for her, but she is now has become one of my most important priorities in my life, so I won’t ever waste my time to break her heart.”

          She smiled at me and grabbed my shoulder. “Dear, I’m glad she found you, but you need to know something and this is only between me and you,” she said, she turned her smile into a serious expression.

          “Yes, sure Aunty.” I said, stopped what I’m doing.

          She was hesitating when she talked to me at first. I had no idea what was she trying to tell me, but I was so sure it was a serious matter.

          It was actually about Jade’s Dad and his company. She told me that Mr. Choi was going to have a partnership with the Shim company and I guess I’ve heard that company from my Dad. Silk fabric. She said that Mr. Shim would give a lot of properties and opportunities to Jade’s Dad company if he agrees to do an arrange marriage between Jade and the Shim’s heir.

          I was shocked to hear that. I was just starting the relationship and my girlfriend’s dad wanted her to have an arrange marriage? That was insanity. Jade wouldn’t even want to do that even if she didn’t date me.

          “An arranged marriage? That’s insane…” I said.

          “I know, that’s why I’m saying this to you because I want you to protect her. As a mother, I want my daughter to be happy, when she found you, she’s happy, son. I’m so flattered when she’s smile and laugh whenever she’s with you. Whatever happens sooner or later, I want you to keep this as a secret, just you, me and Yuri  who knows this. At the time when everything gets darker, just take her…… just run away with her,”

          “What?” I was in the middle of shockers. Level ten. Enough said.

          “Yes Jae, take her away as far as you could until her Dad couldn’t find her. Please, I beg you. I’m just going to pretend that she’s running away because of it so he would probably break the arrange marriage. Would you do that for me?” she begged, with an almost teary eyes.

          I couldn’t say no for this. I knew this would cost a lot of troubles, but I love this girl. I would do anything to keep her in my life.

          “I will aunty. I will try my best to keep her save.” I said.

          She gave me a relieved smile. “Promise Jae?”

          “I promise.”

          It was quite hard to promise this to her, but what could I do? She’s a mother, she wanted her daughter to be protected from…. Her own Dad. I knew this sound weird, but it wasn’t even fair for Jade if she has to get through all of it.

          And as for me, I wouldn’t let my girlfriend’s life torn apart because of an arrange marriage. So from now on, I will always protect her. I’d do whatever it takes to keep her save.

          When dinner ready, Jade’s mom called out Jade and Hyoyeon to dine with us, we made Jade’s favorite food for dinner.

          After what I heard from Jade’s Mom, I felt so bad for Jade, she’s just a girl who wants to be happy, how could her Dad do this for her? At the same time, it made me more protective to her.

          (End of Jaejoong’s POV)

          After talked a while with Hyo, dinner was finally ready and we came downstairs. I couldn’t wait to taste the collaboration between mom and Jay’s food! This was the first time I was going to eat the food that made by my mom and my boyfriend! I was so sure so many loves had been thrown on each food.

          “Who made this macaroni and cheese? Is it Jay?” I asked, after I tasted a delicious macaroni and cheese.

          He smiled. “I did.” He said.

          I laughed. “Jinca? Mom? Really? He seriously made this by himself?” I asked, disbelieve.

          “He did honey, he is so good at cooking! You need to learn to cook with Jae.” Mom said.

          “You can’t cook?” Jae said.

          “I told you once that I couldn’t cook right?” I said.

          Hyoyeon grinned.

          “Don’t even try to laugh Hyo.” I said.

          But she burst out to laughter. “You’re really bad at it Jade, I remember how the chicken you tried to make for Yuri-Unnie and it colors turned into black.” She laughed out loud.

          “Thanks for reminding me of that.” I pouted.

          “Gwenchana Jade, you can learn from Jae, since he is good at it.” Hyo said. “I have to admit, the macaroni and cheese is really good.”

          “Thanks. That’s probably the first time you compliment me for what I do.” Jae chuckled.

          Hyo laughed. “You’re right. I needed a lot of effort to say that.”

          “Jeez, thanks.” Jae said.

          I giggled.

          It was so nice having my boyfriend, my mother also my best friend in one table, eating dinner together. I wished my sister were there, it would’ve been more perfect!

          “Thanks for staying and have dinner with us and also cook, it was great, I love your Mac and cheese.” I said.

          Jae smiled at me and he held both of my hands. “Anytime Jade. I will probably need to give you a cooking lesson soon am I?” he grinned.

          I smiled and pinched his nose. “Come to think of it, I kinda do.” I chuckled.

          He smiled and ruffled my hair.

          “Jade, I’m going to have a sleep over tonight! My mom and dad went to Bussan last night, may I?” suddenly Hyoyeon popped out from no where.

          Jay rolled his eyes. “Hyo, come here!” he said.

          “Wae?” Hyo said, crossing her hands on her chest.

          “You can stay as long as you want in her house, but mind to talk about it after I go home?” he said.

          Hyo laughed. “Sorry. Sure, carry on.” And she went back inside.

          “Gosh, that girl!” Jay frustrated.

          I laughed at him and took his hand and walk with him to his car.

          “Things have been brighter for me since I’m with you, so thank you for brightening my day.” I said.

          He smiled. “Do I?”

          I slapped his arm.

          He laughed. “Aigooo. Come here.” He suddenly hugged me, so tight. As if he didn’t want to let go.

          “If thing gets darker, would you come and run away with me?” he asked.

          I was confused at his question, but I couldn’t see his facial expression since he was hugging me.

          “Why would thing gets darker Jae? Is everything okay?” I said. Worried.

          “Everything is fine Jade. I’m just asking. Would you?” he said.

          “If it gets too dark, I would.” I said.

          He then, let go of the hug and gave me a smile, the most angelic smile I could ever seen in a human being.

          “Believe in me okay? Whatever I do to you, no matter how obnoxious I am going to be, no matter how protective I am, I do it all to protect you.” he said.

          “Why are you suddenly talk like this? Don’t tell me you’re leaving me somewhere.” I said, anxious.

          He laughed. “Where would I go if my house is right here with me?”

          “Huh?” I said.

          “You’re a home to me Jade, falling in love with you isn’t hard because you feel like a home to me. When you come home, you don’t have to find the way because you know the way, when you’re at home, you feel no pressure, no stress, no judgment, just peaceful and happy. And that’s how I feel about you. I won’t go anywhere, as long as you still want me to stay with you.” he said.

          I smiled at how lovely his word was. “You can stay as long as you want.”

          He smiled and he slowly pushed back my hair to the back of my ear, his sharp gaze looked straight to my brown eyes. I saw how handsome his face was from up close, then he my face like the old movie do. I kept facing him, nervous.

          Then, he kissed my lips. Softly and gently. A total different feeling from the kiss we had in the sleeping beauty drama.

          The kiss ended it was less than two minutes. Which meant it was more than ten seconds. LOL. He was great at it, I had to be honest.

          “Finally, no interruption.” I chuckled.

          He laughed. “Finally. I have to go now, are you free for tomorrow’s night?”

          “What day is tomorrow?” I asked.

          “Saturday.”

          “I thought today is Thursday,” I chuckled. “I think I do, why?”

          “Dinner, with me?”

          I smiled. “Why not?”

          “Then I’ll cook, we’re having dinner at my place.” He said.

          I was shocked. “Your place? With, with… with your parents and sister?” I said.

          He laughed. “No, just the two of us, they all are out of town.” He said.

          I let out a relieved sigh. “Okay. Safe drive.”

          He nodded his head and kissed my forehead. “I love you. Good night.”

          I smiled. “I love you too.”

 

*Hi there reader! I'm working on the next chapter now, please be patient and keep reading :) but, COMMENT please!! thanks ^^