Falling In Love On An Autumn Day

Falling In Love On An Autumn Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There comes a chill in the air, in contrast to the heat that summer has brought. The colors of the leaves were turning from green to shades of red, orange and yellow which signaled the start of a certain season.

 

Autumn.

 

Summer was over and everyone had to go back to school. A lot of students didn't want to accept this fact because it seemed too soon to let go of their favorite season.

 

It was the first day of school in EXO High and the air was filled with dissatisfied groans from students who were entering the building. Many of them were very unhappy that their summer was over and they had to return to the place they thought of as a torture chamber.

 

The beginning of school also meant that fall sports such as football and soccer were starting. The sports teams in EXO High were very excited to compete with other schools because they've been practicing since the beginning of summer. They wanted to win and bring their school glory.

 

 

"Ya, Xi Luhan!"

 

"Oh, Xiumin-ah. What's up?"

 

"Coach said there's practice after school today. You going?"

 

"Of course. How could the MVP miss practice?" Luhan jokingly asked.

 

"Ya, don't let it get into your head." Xiumin playfully hit his friend's back.

 

 

Xi Luhan.

 

The school's MVP soccer player. He's a talented athlete and is a part of the popular crowd. He's a very easy-going guy and he can be friends with everyone. Even though he's so popular, he doesn't let it get to his head.

 

 

 

"Seol-ah!"

 

"Oh, Shi Kyung-ah."

 

"Ya, are you joining Mathletes this year? There's a meeting after school." Shi Kyung asked.

 

"Yeah." Seol shyly replied.

 

"That's awesome! We're definitely going to win now!" Shi Kyung cheered.

 

 

Lee Seol

 

The school's resident nerd. She's part of the unpopular crowd because all she ever does is study. She's very shy and quiet which makes people think of her as anti-social. She's lucky to have Shi Kyung as her best friend since she isn't very outgoing.

 

 

 

"GOAL!!!"

 

Everyone in the soccer team cheered on Luhan for making his fourth goal during their practice.

 

After practice, the whole team went inside the locker rooms to change, so they could head home.

 

"You're really the MVP for a reason." Xiumin told his friend.

 

"Thanks, Xiumin. You did good too."

 

"I know. You don't need to tell me."

 

"Don't let it get to your head, Xiumin-ah." Luhan copied his friends words earlier.

 

"Ya, some of us are going to get a bite to eat, you should come with us." Xiumin said.

 

"Uhh... I can't. I have something to do." Luhan shyly denied.

 

"Ya, just say so if you don't want to hang out with us."

 

"I don't wanna hang out with you guys." Luhan said with a straight face.

 

"YA!!!"

 

"I'm kidding. I'll hang out with you guys next time." Luhan reassured his friend.

 

"Are you going on a date? Is she pretty? Can I meet her?" Xiumin continously asked.

 

Luhan just smiled to himself.

 

 

 

Luhan went out of the locker rooms and went to his motorbike that was parked outside of school and rode it. The autumn breeze was caressing his milky white skin while he was riding his motorbike. Luhan loved autumn. It made every thing look beautiful and he deeply appreciated it.

 

He finally reached the place where he wanted to go. It was a riverbank with trees nearby supporting the colors of autumn.

 

Luhan inhaled the fresh air and exhaled. He lay down on the grass and closed his eyes.

 

"I guess it's already been 10 years." Luhan whispered to himself.

 

 

"Seol-ah, are you sure you don't want a ride?"

 

Seol nodded. "I'm positive. You still have to go pick up your brother and that's an exact opposite direction from my house."

 

"That's okay though."

 

"I'm really okay, Kyung-ah. Don't worry about me."

 

"Okay, fine. Seol-ah, be careful on your way home, okay?" Shi Kyung told her friend.

 

"You too, Kyung-ah."

 

 

 

Seol left the school and walked home by herself. Autumn meant that the daylight hours were shorter, so it was already a little dark out while she was walking home.

 

She thought she heard footsteps and started feeling uneasy so she walked faster to get home.

 

After turning around the corner, there was silence and her heart stopped beating so hard.

 

She walked a few feet more when all of a sudden a man blocked her way.

 

"Miss, you wanna come drink with me?" A drunkard asked her.

 

Seol tried to walk past the man, but he grabbed her arm.

 

"Come on, Miss. Just a few shots." The drunkard urged.

 

"Please let go of me." Seol begged.

 

Someone grabbed onto Seol's free arm and pulled her away from the drunkard. "Jakiya, are you still mad at oppa? Don't walk ahead of me anymore. Hmm?"

 

Seol became more afraid. She looked to see if it's another drunkard who was going to harass her. To her surprise, the person was the complete opposite of what she thought he would be like.

 

The drunkard was surprised."Pretty boy, you shouldn't let your girlfriend walk by herself. Bad people might come." The drunkard said and walked away unsteadily. Luckily, he was still in his right mind and nothing bad happened.

 

Luhan scoffed. "Bad people? Really? Anyways, are you okay? Did he hurt you anywhere?" Luhan asked.

 

"I'm okay. He didn't do anything." Seol shyly replied.

 

"That's a relief." Luhan said. "You shouldn't be walking by yourself especially when it's already dark out. There's a lot of weird people these days and we don't really know what they're capable of doing."

 

"Thanks for helping me."

 

"It's nothing. We go to the same school anyways." Luhan said.

 

"How did you know?"

 

"Uniform." Luhan simply replied.

 

Seol felt stupid after hearing Luhan's answer.

 

Luhan rode his bike and put his helmet on.

 

Seol started to walk away.

 

"Ya Lee Seol, where are you going?" Luhan called Seol.

 

"How did you know my name?"

 

"Uhh... your nameplate." Luhan answered again.

 

Seol turned around from Luhan and mentally scolded herself from being so stupid. She finally turned around to face him again. "Thanks a lot for helping me. I'm gonna go now. Bye!" Seol speed walked, feeling really embarassed.

 

"Ya!" Luhan called out and followed her while riding his bike. He caught up to her in no time. "Didn't I just tell you that you shouldn't be walking by yourself especially when it's dark out?"

 

"I'm gonna be fine."

 

"I'll give you a ride home." Luhan tried to convince Seol.

 

"It's okay. I can handle it, Luhan." Seol replied.

 

Luhan was surprised. "How did you know my name?"

 

Seol looked down. "You're really famous at school."

 

"Ahh~" Luhan took a helmet out of his bag and held it up to Seol. "Here."

 

"I'm really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter