Starstuck- GDae couple

Happily Ever After Side Stories

 

“One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.” 
― Paulo CoelhoThe Alchemist

 

Kwon Jiyong lies on his back on a wooden wide bench in his balcony, staring at the stars that dispersed randomly on a black sky. They were twinkling and their dim light warmed his heart, melting away his worry.

“Stargazing?” said Kand Daesung who emerged from the sliding door, taking an empty space beside Jiyong and lies next to him. He then stared at the stars as well, placing his lean arms comfortably under the back of his head.

Jiyong glanced briefly at the man beside him and shifted his eyes to the dark sky again. “The night is beautiful. I can’t help myself from being mesmerized by the captivating tiny light in the night time sky.”

Daesung chuckled once. “What's the deal? You’re being a hamburger with extra cheese tonight.”

“Greasy huh?”

“Yeah, we’re talking about a hamburger with loads of cheese,” Daesung said with a wide grin pasted on his bright face. “But, that’s ok. I’m used to it. Serious Jiyong, cheesy Jiyong and extra mad Jiyong like a chicken wing with Habanero sauce.” Daesung giggled as he spoke.

“I have a lot of faces huh? That’s what you’re trying to say?” Jiyong muttered sullenly. “And what’s with the food references?”

“Well, that was one way to differentiate things. Food metaphors were easy to understand because we always knew what they taste like and how they look.” Daesung gazed at his pouted friend and absent-mindedly a smile stretched on his lips. He always loves the way Jiyong pouted. Jiyong will pucker his thin lips and sometimes bites his lower lips unconsciously. Daesung loves his adorable side other than his other faces. “I was trying to say that I know you and I’m glad that I’m the only one whom you trust to show your every faces.”

Jiyong smiled faintly. “I’m starting to grow on you. I’m just being…too comfortable with you around.”

“That’s fine with me. I want to be someone who you’re comfortable with, to be around and share your joy and sorrow.”

Both of them felt in a silent moment. Their eyes were still fixed on the stars.

“Do you still remember the first time we met?” Jiyong asked suddenly breaking the mute ambience.

“Yes, of course. We met in high school. You were my senior, together with Taeyang and Seunghyun hyung. Why?”

“Nothing. I just remember the past.”

“Just erase the memory. I looked hideous. With shabby hair and an ugly face.” Daesung’s face distorted as his previous image shoved in his mind- small eyes, face full of stubborn zits and dishevelled hair. He was thirteen when they first met and he was struggling with his enraging hormone and growth spurt. 

Jiyong laughed half-heartedly. “You looked adorable with a wide bright smile and polite manners. The only student who managed to grab the scholarship programme which was a very hard to get through. You always bowed down 90 degrees when I passed you and it's always hard to catch a glimpse of your face because you are always running your face away from my sight.”

Daesung’s face was starting to blush. His slightly darker face reddened and so as both of his ears. “I-I was…embarrassed.”

“What?” Jiyong gasped. “Why? Did I do something that humiliated you?”

“No, no, of course not,” Daesung shook his head repeatedly, denying his assumption with all his might. “I was…just…”

Jiyong sat up and stared at the flustered man. “Dae,” he called out. “It’s all in the past now. You can talk about it. I want to know.”

Daesung sighed heavily and stood up on his feet. He paced in front of Jiyong, walking back and forth with his hands on his waist. “Can we just forget having this conversation? I’m not in the mood to walk down the memory lane.”

“Kang Daesung,” Jiyong said his full name softly yet it sound so commanding.

Daesung hitched a breath. He hates when Jiyong uses that kind of tone. He felt helpless. And once again he gave up. “Fine,” he said weakly and sat next to the tiny man. He stared blindly at the ground trying to hide his bashful face. “You were…glowing. Kind a like a star. Well you’re one of the stars of the school. You’re a genius. You were excelled in sports and study and you came from one of the respected family of the school including Taeyang and Seungri. You’re…amazing, that’s why I’m feeling slightly embarrassed when I’m around you. I don’t know what to do, how to react and what to say when I’m with you.”

“I didn’t know I was someone who you looked up to. I was just…being me.”

“The whole school was looked up to you. You’re the school’s idol. Being attracted to guys and girls. Guys staring at you with jealousy and girls gazed at you with fondness. You are someone who can make a straight guy gone queer and a straight girl be grateful for their gender, crawling all over you.”

The petite man laughed out loud. “You’re making a mountain out of a molehill,” he said as his laughs faded. “I’m just an ordinary guy. Just like you. I’m just doing whatever I like and we met in a chest club once and being close after that. You’ve been part of the group. You, me, Tae, Seunghyun hyung and followed by annoying maknae Seungri a year later.”

The tall blonde-haired man smirked. “I’m glad I met all of you. The truly great friends… and a bunch of rich brats.”

“I didn’t realize your admiration for me in school. I thought you always had your eyes on one of the girls in frilly skirts.”

Daesung choked out. “You’re making me doubt my ual preference whenever I’m with you. And it’s hard to resist your charm.”

Jiyong smile grew wider. “I’m one of a kind huh?” he smiled smugly. “No one can escape my death trap.”

“I’ll be gay for you anytime, hyung.

Jiyong laughed softly and crossed his legs comfortably. He supported his body with his arms stretched out to the back and lifted his head to the sky. “You never call me hyung before. It always Jiyong-sshi and when I asked you to just call me Jiyong and be my friend, you seemed a little reluctant to my offer. It’s nice to hear it once in a while.”

“Nice to finally say it, hyung.”

Jiyong closed his eyes, enjoying the sound of Daesung’s velvet voice calling his new name.

Hyung?”

“Hmm.”

“Nothing,” Daesung said shortly. After a while, he called again. “Hyung.”

“What?” Jiyong opened his eyes and stared at the man beside him.

“Nothing,” Daesung shrieked.

“So, shut up,” Jirong raged. He shut his eyes again and let his head floated above his shoulder.

Hyung,hyung,hyung,hyung…”Daesung uttered repeatedly, teasing him deliberately with a big grin.

Jiyong groaned in disgust and closed both of his ears with his palm. His cheeks were flushed. “Argh, stop it.”

“I know you like it, hyung,” Daesung said giggling.

“One more time you call me hyung, you’re sleeping outside tonight,” Jiyong said as he pointed his index finger to Daesung.

“Aww, hyung,” Daesung whined cutely.

“That’s it.” Jiyong rushed to the door and locked it from inside leaving Daesung complaining and asking for his forgiveness.

The harsh cold autumn wind slammed his body making Daesung shivered tremendously. “I’m sorry,” he yelled. “I’ll never call you hyung again, hyung. I mean…Jiyong.”

Jiyong walked to the glass door again and slid open the door panel.

Daesung stepped inside the warm room. “Thanks, hyu…” Daesung’s words stuck in his throat as Jiyong narrowed his gaze to him. “T-thank you, Kwon Jiyong-sunbaenim.”

Jiyong smiled at Daesung and ruffled his smooth blonde hair. “Anytime.”

 

 

“When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth.” 
― Jess C. ScottThe Intern