Amusement Park

Kyumin Drabbles

warning: grammar and spelling mistakes. wrote this one in a hurry and too lazy to re-read this drabble :P 

anyway, enjoy and comments are loved! :D

-----

 

A lot of people think amusement park is a very fun and interesting place, but not for Cho Kyuhyun. Amusement park is just plainly boring for him. It’s a part of his daily life since he works as a staff in one of the biggest amusement parks in Seoul.

Sure, there are so many pretty girls (or cute guys) come to play with their friends, but none of them captures Kyuhyun’s attention. But today is a little bit different. There’s someone capturing his attention.

Kyuhyun was standing near the exit gate, accompanying Kangin who is on duty to wear mascot costume when suddenly he saw a cute guy approaching the mascots to take some pictures with them. The guy smiled brightly, even brighter than the lamps around him. Sometimes he jumped in happiness and squealing as he patting the mascot’s arm.

Kyuhyun observed the cute guy; almost thought he was a girl. He has a milky white skin, with pointy nose and cute big doe eyes. His M shaped lips curved perfectly every time he smiles. In Kyuhyun’s eyes, he is glowing as if there’s some kind of fairy dust floating around him.

“Hey look,” He tugged Kangin’s mascot costume, pointing at the cute guy. “Isn’t he cute?”

Kangin took off his mascot head, squinted his eyes to get a better look of the guy. “Well, you want me to get his number for you?” He asked before put his mascot head back.

“No, it’s okay. I just like to see him from – Yah!”

Before Kyuhyun could finish his sentence, Kangin is already on his way to the cute guy who just finished taking picture with another mascot along with his friends.

The mascot tapped the guy’s shoulder lightly, makes him a bit surprised. “Oh, hi cute mascot!” He smiled brightly, makes Kyuhyun wish he was the one who wear the mascot costume. “Want us to take a picture with you?” he asked, waving his camera on his hand.

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened when he saw the mascot shook his head and makes some gestures with his hand, which including pointing his hand at Kyuhyun, then love sign and then pointing his hand at the cute guy.

The cute guy looked confused at first, but then he shifted his gaze to Kyuhyun who stands awkwardly five meters away from him. He finally understands the real mean behind the mascot’s hand gesture. His friends cheering loudly and teasing him, making his face turned into red.

The mascot dragged cute guy closer to Kyuhyun and gesturing them to take a picture together. The cute guy’s friends cheering even louder and took out their camera to take some pictures of them.

“I’m really sorry…” Kyuhyun said, feeling bad for the shorter boy.

“No, it’s okay.” He answered, flashing a cute smile that makes Kyuhyun’s heart beats faster.

“Well, then maybe we can take some pictures together just to make your friends happy.” And also for my happiness, Kyuhyun added on his mind.

The cute guy shrugged. “Well, sure why not.”

“Sungmin-ah, can you guys standing closer to each other? You guys look like a couple that just had a big fight.” One of cute guy’s friends shouting as he pushed his friend closer to Kyuhyun.

“Hurry up and take the picture!” The cute guy, named Sungmin – now Kyuhyun knows it, thanks to his friend who called his name – shouted back to his friend.

Sungmin’s friends snapped few pictures, laughed hysterically and quickly run towards the exit gate, shouting “We’ll wait for you on the car!”

“Yah!” Sungmin tried to call his friends back, but they’re already disappearing from his sight. He was going to run after them when suddenly the mascot tapping his shoulder again. “What – “

The mascot gave Sungmin a piece of paper with phone number written on it. Sungmin looked at the paper in confusion, but then the mascot pointed at Kyuhyun again.

“Please call me,” Kyuhyun said nervously. “Or text me, whatsapp me… Or whatever.”

Sungmin put the paper on his pocket and smiled at Kyuhyun before running towards the exit gate to catch up his friends.

Kyuhyun watched as the chubby guy exited the amusement park, and then sighed heavily. “I don’t think he would call me. I bet he’ll throw that paper soon after he joined his friends.” Kyuhyun said when Kangin took off his mascot head beside him.

“At least you’ve tried…” Kangin patted Kyuhyun’s shoulder, trying to cheer him up.

Suddenly Kyuhyun felt his phone vibrating on his pocket, signaling he just received a message. Kyuhyun pulls out his phone and a wide smile creep out on Kyuhyun’s face as he read the message.

Hey, it’s me, Sungmin. I’ll send the photos to you later. :)