Fortune Cookies

Kyumin Drabbles

A/N: I can't stop listening to AKB48 (and JKT48) Koisuru Fortune Cookies! lololol. Hope you'll enjoy this drabble. Inspired from that song :D

 

I’ve been watching him since the first time I came to this luxurious Chinese restaurant with my work colleagues few months ago. He’s always there, offering some fortune cookies from table to table as the complementary from this restaurant. I was captivated by his beautiful smile and sweet voice since the first time he offered me fortune cookies. But I never try their fortune cookies, because why would I believe in what a piece of paper told me?

And today, I’m coming again to this restaurant for the nth time, alone; just to watch him offering fortune cookies to the customers. I know I sound like a stalker, but I just don’t have enough courage to start a conversation with him.

“Do you want some fortune cookies, sir?”

“Huh?” I snapped from my thoughts and found the cute waiter already standing in front of me with a plate of fortune cookies on his hand.

“You looked a bit troubled; maybe the paper inside one of these fortune cookies can be the answer for your worries.” That waiter flashed his beautiful smile as he talked to me. Oh God, he’s a man, but how could he looks really pretty?

This isn’t the first time he offering me fortune cookies, but why the hell my heart still beating too fast when he talk to me? I smiled back at him. Well, one cookie won’t kill me, right? “Yeah, maybe I’ll just try one cookie.”

“Pick one, sir.” That beautiful waiter put a plate of fortune cookies on my table.

Yes, whatever the paper inside said, that’s what I’m going to do at him. I stared at the crescent shaped cookies for a while before asked, “Can you pick it for me, please?”

The waiter looked at me with a confused face “Are you sure sir? It’s all about your luck…”

“Yes, please.”

That waiter handed me one cookie and I received it with a smile. I didn’t crack the cookie for a bit long, that waiter asked “What’s wrong, sir?”

“Ah, nothing.”

He chuckled. “Then you can crack it now. Who knows it might be a great fortune and can cheer you up?”

I cracked the cookie, while the waiter still standing beside me, looking at my cookie curiously. My eyes widened when I read what written on the paper. ‘Just say what you want to say.’ Should I?

“How’s it sir? Is it a good fortune?” The waiter asked me, still with a little smile plastered on his face.

“What’s your name?” Nice, Kyuhyun. He asked you a question, but you just asked him back.

The waiter was a little bit surprised with my sudden question, but he answered it with his usual smile. “Me? My name is Lee Sungmin, sir.”

“Ah… Sungmin-sshi. Thank you.”

Sungmin flashed his pretty smile again. Oh, God... I can’t even... “You’re welcome. And if you excuse me...”

“Uh, Wait!”

“Is there something else, sir?”

“Can you…” Go, Kyuhyun! We all know this is silly, but just do what the fortune cookie said! I take a deep breath before saying. “.. Can you give me your phone number, please?”

Sungmin looked really surprised with my question. I know it would be really weird if someone, a guy to be exact, asking another guy number. What if he isn’t a gay? Heck, if he rejected me, I’ll blame that stupid fortune coo…

“My shift will be over in 15 minutes. Maybe we can have a coffee after that, sir?”

Huh? Am I misheard something? Is he really asking me for a coffee?

“Sir? I’m sorry if you don’t want to…”

“No… I mean, Yes! Of course! Sure! I’ll wait for you.”

“Great! I know a coffee shop that served the best coffee in this town!”

And now, I’m smiling like an idiot. Well, maybe fortune cookie wasn’t stupid at all.