Chapter 1

My Reaper's Heart

"Find her. Capture her. Kill her, and then bring her here. That is your mission." The amber haired man nodded. His fingers tighened over the cool metal scythe in his hand. In the other was a yellow folder containing records of his new mission.

"As the council, we trust that you will find her. You are our best, Kris." He nodded once again, and motioned to leave.

"Wait. Always remember," The amber haired boy turned to look the leader of the council dead in the eye. "we are Reapers, bringing sinned souls here is what we do. Our job is our upmost duty, it must come before all else. Or else we will service no other purpose. Do I make myself clear?"

Kris looked away from the councilman's blood red eyes. "Very, Councilman Leeteuk." He bowed. The reaper then took it as his cue to leave. As he walked out, he felt every single pair of eyes from the council, on him.

After the doors of the Council room closed, Kris exhaled a long breath he didn't know he was holding. He walked down the dark halls, the eyes of other Reapers now on him and the folder in his hand. Whispers were heard. The reaper tried his best to look unfazed by the sudden meeting with the Council he was called to. To be called suddenly during training hours by the Council was simply never done before. That means the Council must really be distressed with something. And they called Kris to do it, out of all the Reapers at the institute, they chose Kris.

The amber haired reaper has always been told he was the best. He's gotten the best grading for his training in the entire insitute. And his skills were known by everybody, especially the Council.

With Kris lost in thought, he didin't notice the friendly face sneeking up behind him.

"Kris!" The reaper didn't even have time to turn around because a heavy body jumped onto his back, squeezing him like an anaconda. But Kris recognized the voice.

"Hi, Chen." Kris chuckled.

The younger released his hold and made his way from behind the amber haired man.

"Hey, how did it go with the council?" Looks like word gets around fast.

"They're as scary as always, but I've got a new assignment." Kris held up the folder.

"Awww, for you." Chen teased. "That's why I'm not the best reaper at the institute."

"Yeah, that's why." Kris said sarcastically, rolling his eyes."

Kris assumed Chen didn't notice because he gave Kris a bubbly smile before running off.

He made his way to the library, were ever record of everybody who ever was, and ever will be are stored. Kris found it peaceful in there, not many other Reapers like it in there. The Reaper found is way to a table in the back, and opened the yellow folder. Inside was all the information the institute had on his new mission.

Kris held in a laugh while reading the text. To be able to evade the Council for so long must be an art, to put it plainly, she's a sneaky one. Apparently she's been avoiding death for quite some time now. Every time she was supposed to die, she tricked or even wounded the reaper that tried to bring her.

From recent to latest, it listed all of the times she was supposed to die:

9/10/13: Drive by shooting~ a bullet to the chest and stomach

Status: Uncaptured

3/17/13: Rock climbing~ brutal boulder to the skull

Status: Uncaptured

7/2/12: Mugged~ was robbed and killed, left in an alley

Status: Uncaptured

11/10/11: Car crash~ crushed between two cars in driver side

Status: Uncaptured

And the list went on and on, it only finally ended when it got to the end of the fourth page.

Kris tried his best to hold in his chuckles an smirks while reading. Kris's cocky demeanor ended when he read the last few entries.

9/23/98: Beat to Death~ by her drunk father, lungs collapsed when hit with bat to the chest.

Status: Uncaptured

Kris looked baffled. What kind of father beats their daughter? Even if he was drunk that doesn't give him an excuse! But two lines down was an entry that made his jaw drop, litterally.

7/11/94: Died at Birth~ failed delivery, mother, Kim Hwayoung, died as well

Status: Uncaptured

So many questions were reeling through Kris's mind like: How was she able to evade death when she was still just born? Is her mother here in the underworld?  What sin did she commit to end up on the list of Hell, when she was just a newborn?

Kris flipped the page to see if there was more information to that entry but there was none. The only paper left when he flipped the page was a small blue paper telling him where to go to get supplies and gear for his mission. It said to visit Mr. Kim, the armory director. I collected my stuff and went to the Armory room, all way on the other side of the institute.

When the Reaper finally reached the room, he could hear the banging of a metal hammer and saw buzzing from outside the door. Kris entered cautiously, the burly man that was pounding a hammer into was looked like a new scythe, didn't notice him at all. Kris took another step toward the man, reaching out ot tap him shoulder but his body was pushed to the floor in seconds.

Pinning him to the ground, baring it's dark teeth, inches from his face, was a Demon Hound. The amber haired man didn't even recall seeing it in the room.

"Era! Era! Get off the lad!" The burly man shooed, but the demon didn't make a move away. "Go on! Get! Era! Here girl." He called as he waved a bloody, raw piece of meat the size of a pillow around. The demon softened and ran for the meat, snatching it out of the man's hand, before running off to the corner. Kris watched as it tore it to bits, eating it roughly, blood oozed from it's gnashed teeth.

The Reaper lay on the ground, paralyzed from the sudden scene. Kris's wieght was easily lifted from the ground by the large man. "Don't worry. She's practically harmless. All bark, no bite." The man laughed. The reaper gave a weak laugh in return.

"I'm Mr.Kim." He stuck out his large hand, and Kris took it, the man almost squeezing his hand flat.

"Kris." He said in return.

"Oh, your that talented Reaper boy, aren't you?" Kris nodded, Mr. Kim smiled.

"Well, boy, are you in for a treat. The Council had me get a whole bunch of upgrades for your scythe for the mission." He stuck out his hand. "Let me see your scythe."

Kris gladly gave him his scythe with the mention of new upgrades. The Reaper had never seen any kind of upgraded scythe before. Mr. Kim examined the scythe carefully.

"Well, you've got a very well fitted scythe. It looks like it's brand new, you take care fo it very well don't you Kris?" The amber haired man nodded.

"Okay then. I'll get this done and ready for you later, alright?" Kris nodded. He bid goodbye to Mr. Kim and Era, before leaving. Instead of heading back to the dorm, he went straight for the library. He figured since he had the time, he would do a little research about Kim Hyunae.


Okay... well that's the first chapter. I hope you uys like it. Can I get some feedback please? Or just comment. Thanks so much for reading.

UNTIL NEXT TIME <3 SARANGHAE ;D