Who is He?

My Heart is Yours

“STOP IT, HE IS MY BOY…BOYFRIEND!” she continued with the trembling voice stressed the last word ‘boyfriend’, swiftly smuggled in  hugged the poor man.

“Yes, he is my boyfriend. Please stop it and keep away from us! I am sorry if he made something bad for you, I’m sorry and please leave us alone!” she said almost begging.

“Oh! You’re his girlfriend you said?”

“Yes! He’s my boyfriend, please don’t do that again” she said full of braveness.

“Ok! Warn him, to do not interfere our business!” warned the man (monster) while tried to swung his hand hitting the head of the man she was hugging. Bad luck for him (monster), she immediately hug him (poor man) more tightly and closed his head on her chest pressing her . “Yes! As you wish. But please, do not do that again, I begging you” she said with the husky voice.

With that, they went away. Leave them alone in silence. After their shadows vanished, she released her arms from his head and tried to wipe the blood from his wounds. Full of affections, she caressed him although he was a stranger. She tried to lift his chin up to wipe the blood over his lips. She saw the sorrows over his sight.

 

“Who are you?” the man asked her with the low tone. It shown the sorrows he was felt at the moment.

“Me? Oh, just call me Ha Ni. And I guess you are not a native here, right? I didn’t see you around before. Where are you from? What is your name?” she paused in a moment, thought that she had a loose tongue,”sorry, too much questions” she continued with the rosy checks—blushed.

The man tried to stand up properly, whereas his condition was too bad. He tried to step his right leg, but failed and fell down again on the ground. She approached him, propped him up again. Then it succeed, and continuing his way away without looking back at her, neither to answer her questions nor to gave a gratitution. She was dumbfounded.

“Aigoo, what kind of man he was? He is a human or not? Or may be he’s deaf? No, I think no. it just because he was in poor nick. But he didn’t even utter ‘thank’ for me? Aihhhhh…. It has really pissed me out. He’s such a vexatious” she mumbled and went back away to her house.

 

Jung So Min

I was in my room, sitting on the window-rabbet and peeking around. Suddenly I caught the couple of eyes were glowered on me. While thinking for a moment and got that he was him! The jerk whom I met on the beach yesterday.

 “Oh my! What he was doing here?” I gasping tried to control my breath.

“Omo! She came in to my house?”  I swelled hard my saliva, down to the stairs.

“Granny, who is a man you bring along,?” pointed the man on the doorstep.

“Oh! Please come in Hyun Joong, meet my precious granddaughter” she welcomes him with smile.

“Ne, granny” came along and bowed at her.

“Let me introduce my beautiful granddaughter, she is Ha Ni” and turned to Ha Ni, “Ha Ni-ah, this is Hyun Joong whom I told you on the telephone on two months ago. He’s a nice guy, honey.” Smiling

“Oh, this is the guy who helped you from the robber right after you returned home from the church on the night?” shocked.

“Yes, he is honey” and asked them to shake hands.

“Nice to meet you, sunbe” she said shyly. Her face turned reddens. She didn’t know why.

“Hmmmmm…“he replied coldly

“What the hack he was thinking about? Shhhh… I wanna punch you hard on your face, jerk!” she thought in her mind wildly. Her hatred for him kept increasing in every moment they met each other.

“What are you doing here, anyway?” tried to be calm and ease down her emotions which could be explode in any time.

“Nothing! As you see. I think you have an eyes and it still on its place, you didn’t see what I’ve been doing right now? You shouldn’t ask me that way”. He said sarcastically and brought the stuffs, heading to the kitchen where Ha Ni’s granny was.

She couldn’t bear her anger anymore, “Stop! I said stop! Please get out of here! Now!” she was screaming and her tears began to flow out from her pupils.

“Ha Ni-ah, what are you saying, honey?” her granny tried to calm her down and looked confused with her unexpected action.

“I’m sorry granny. If you said he’s a nice guy, I got you were wrong! He’s a jerk!!!” her voice soared and her eyes glowered onto his eyes.

“Ha Ni, calm dawn honey. What’s wrong with you?”

“Granny, I told you, he’s the man whom I helped yesterday on the beach. He was faint in death, if I wasn’t there at the time, he might be curled up and died.” She said piercingly, and then continued, “and he didn’t even say one word. Wow, how great he was? Amazing, right?” voiced ridiculously.

“Thanks for helped my granny that night, I owe you so much for that matter but I did the same to you. So now, I owe you nothing! No moral duty anymore! No need to come here again, I am here to help my granny, we don’t need your helping hand!!!”  faced him while wiping her tears came down in torrents. 

“Ha Ni! Apologizing at him!” her granny snapped out.

“No granny. Let me go out. I have to go now.” He bowed and sheered off.

Her granny didn’t say any words. She was upset by her sudden action and left her alone in the kitchen. Ha Ni never made an before. Whomever she meets, she was kind and friendly without acceptance of persons. Today, her attitude was rude and strange.

On the other hand, Ha Ni’s legs were suffocated, and then fell down on the floor. Her touched the cement while her arms hang on the table-top trembled. Felt guilty obviously written all over her face. Her facial expression changed pronto. How those crudities came out from within . She’s not a foul mouthed. She never spoke churlish before. This was the first time for spoke uncontrollable. She stood up and drunk a glass of water on her hand then reached her granny up to stairs. Her granny looked sad, thus made her confused why her granny shed a tears for a man that doesn’t belongs to her whole family. She never met the man before even heard his name mentioned, but why her granny looked so sad when he left?

 Ha Ni squatted in front of her granny, squeezing her both hands.

“Granny, I’m sorry for what I’ve said a few minutes ago. I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean it, please forgive me”. She said sobbing.

She always begs pardon/apology if she knows she was doing a mistake and hurted another. Her granny knows her so well.

“Ha Ni, why could you be so harsh? Don’t judge other by his/her cover and how he/she is look-like. If you didn’t know him closely, if you didn’t see with your own eyes and you didn’t hear with your own ears how’s his personality, don’t invent it with your bad words to bashing others!” it was made her eyes bigger glaring at her granny, her granny never said those things to her.

Paused a moment, she regretted her rap words. Tried to ease down her emotion then eyed on Ha Ni. A seconds passed continuing in a lower tone, “You never knew him if you never tried to get closer to him. You never knew him, if you never reach the distances between you two. He is lonely. His loneliness kills him and makes him cold as ice. If you see the fashion of him, may be you would think that he is a criminal or something else. If you think so, you’re wrong honey, he is not! He is not as bad as you think of him.”

“I don’t know too much about him, I never asked him about his family. The visible things I could see that he’s taller but thiner, he is cold but kind-hearted and a helping hand. No one take care of him. He has nothing, neither of family members , nor a friends, he is lonely. None of people around take care of him, just us, granny and your grandpa he has here. Since that accident, I thankful to him, since then he always came and helped us. He slept and ate here.”

“You don’t know him, honey. Yeah, may be we are same at that point, but as far as I know since he came here be with us, I sensed that he is alone. He has been living here since three months ago. I don’t know so much about him, I don’t know if he still has parents or might be an orphan, and I never asked him. He’s talk less but does more. About the help, he’s not only helps me once but always when he’s around. He could not see anyone in trouble. If he has an ability to help him/her, he would do that.”

Her granny looked to another direction, “Even so, he has bad habits, the matter of fact; he’s a trouble maker esp. when he was drunk. He always drank when he was in pressure and distressed. If he was drunk, he would do anything what he wants to do, but never hurted any body.” She continued.

“In the previous week, he was drunk and made a noises; moreover he broke the windshield of a man which parked on the roadside around 02 am. And you know whose car it was? Yes! It was the car of robbers who robbed me at the night. The robber was mad as a hatter and drove him crazy, his fist bounced hardly on Hyun Joong’s face made him noiseless and motionless.  Surprisingly, he wasn’t moved either repay back – immovable. Since then, the robbers always catching out of him when he was around, ‘cause he always made them failing on targets.”

Ha Ni paid full of attention for what her granny had already saying, didn’t uttered a word, just sobbing. Her cheeks wetted by fierce tears—blank and gawp. Sadness, guiltiness, and remorseful were infested her whole body. Didn’t know what to do, just expressionless. See from her head, hands, and her feet, sorrow and regret flow mingled down. The truth hurting soul deeply like a thousand thorns stuck on its.