Under The Moonlight

A Forever's Promise

Mina's POV


Peniel's engagement is really expensive and classy.

I can't get along with classy people so I decided to go out from the place. The hotel where the event was gathered is located near the coast here in Busan.

I took off my heels and walk on the sand. Though it's dim, the moon is shining brightly.

Ah~ I miss this kind of place. I hope Eomma is fine. I'm planning to come back home in Jejudo by the end of the month to visit her.

But as I walk along the shore, I saw this guy...Yes, I'm very sure that he's a guy because of his built. He took off his coat and slowly walked in the water. Looks like he's walking ahead to the deepest part of the beach. My heart beated so fast and my eyes widened.

That bastard! Is he trying to commit suicide? What the hell is he doing there at this point?

I ran as fast as I could to stop him. But as I reach the place where he left his coat, I can't see him anywhere. Without any choice, I stepped forward too until the water reached 4 to 5 ft, I keep looking around.

"Ahjussi! Where are you? Answer me!" I know I'm not hallucinating, I really saw a man here. To my surprise, I saw him floating in the deepest part of the water. Thank God I'm a good swimmer but the heavy waves during that time make it hard for me. I swam with all my might, until I grabbed his collar.

Got him!

I swim back while holding him, and pull him back to the shore. He's so heavy though. I kneel down and tapped his cheek.

"Hey Sir, wake up!" but he's not responding. I can't clearly see his face but I know that he's unconscious. I kept on panicking. Though I save lives too before when I was working as a lifeguard during my teenage years, I never performed CPR to anyone.

No you can't! He'll gonna be your first kiss! He's a stranger! There's a part of my head screaming those thoughts.

Do it now! What if he's dying already? It's your fault!  said the other part of my brain.

Eotteokhae?

But...my conscience will bug me if he really dies...Afterall, there's no malice and I'm just helping him out.

Eyes closed, I did it. Trying to catch his breath again, and pumped his chest to let the water out. I did it several times but he's still not responding. I was about to cry while repeating the process.

It's not a kiss...but why is this sudden feeling? I don't understand but I felt like this way too before...

"Hey mister...I said wake up. You can't die here..." I said while sobbing. Until on my last try, he coughed continuously and vomitted water. It was a relief.

He slowly opened his eyes, and his mouth is uttering something.

"A-are you okay? What is it?" I held his cheek with my both hands.

"M-Mira..." he said.

Ne? Is he calling me? Or I just misinterpret it?

"Mira...?"

His eyes widened when he looked at me, he quickly get up and embraced me. I was in total shock that I can't even move.

"I'm glad you're back Mira...I thought I would never see you again." he said while hugging me tight. Five seconds passed and it all came to my senses.

So it's not Mina though? But I'm not Mira!

"Let me go!" I pushed him away and moved back. He stared at me. I think he's drunk too, because of the bitter taste of...his lips a while ago.

"Y-you...you look like her." he said.

"Look here, mister, I don't know you. And I just helped you out because you're drowning earlier. And what you just did to me, that's absurd! I'm not Mira or whoever she is, I don't know either!" it was too late to notice I'm in an awkward situation. I'm just wearing a plain satin dress, and it was soaked in the water earlier. And he's staring down...on my chest.

"ert!" I shouted. But instead of shouting back at me, he turned around and handed me his coat without looking.

"Here, wear this. You might catch a cold." he said calmly. Although I'm embarrassed, I took and wear it without any word.

To my surprise, he stood up and walk away. I stood up too, just to know my height is only on his shoulder level, he's really tall.

"Hey, where are you going?" I asked. But he didn't answer. I'm totally pissed off.

I blocked his way.

"What are you doing?" He said arrogantly.

Wah. This idiot.

"Don't you even know how to say thank you or sorry? Or don't you want to go to the hospital? You drowned and you're acting as if nothing happened!" I taunted.

He smirked.

"Who told you to save me? You could've just let me die anyway."

"WHAT?! Are you really trying to kill yourself you dumb?" I was amused.

But his expression suddenly changed...Did I see anger in his eyes? I'm a bit scared. He put his hands in his pocket and moved his face closer to mine. I move a step back. My heart skipped.

"I don't have time to argue with you young lady. Leave me alone." he said as he passed me by.

That triggered me. I kicked his leg and screamed, "dumb dumb dumb!" while running away.

"Why you! Come back here!" he shouted, but he can't get me because his leg is still in pain.

I turn around to him and stick my tongue out. And continue running away.


 

how was my 2nd chap guys? please leave comments! i want to know your reactions~ *sniffs sniffs* >3<