A Tragic Fate

A Forever's Promise

Sungjae's POV



"Sungjae, let go of my hand!" she cried.

"No! I can't do that. Mira, please, hold on. I'll save you!" I held her hand so tight. The other part of the ship is already burning, and people around are rushing everywhere, trying to save their own lives.

"Are you insane? We'll both die if you still--"

"So let it be! But this time, I'll still try to save you. So please, give me your other hand so I can pull you up here." I tried to reach for her left hand and pull her up to the deck, but she's not cooperating.

"S-Sungjae, I can't do it anymore." she said. Her hand is slowly slipping down.

"Mira, hold on to me!" I shouted.

"Sungjae, listen to me. P-please find my sister. T-that's my last wish. And...I want you to love her like the way you used to love me. If you do that, I'll be the happiest. P-promise me that you'll find her." tears fallen from her eyes. But she's smiling painfully.

"Don't say that Mira. You're not leaving me. We're getting married soon..."

"Sungjae, I-I love you. Always remember that." then, she remove her hand from me. Those were her last words, I saw it with my own eyes when she fell and vanished from the water. I can't see any trace of her after that.

"Mira!" I shouted. I look around, realizing I'm all alone in my room.

. Another nightmare. How can I get away with this?

I rise from my bed, and walk towards the window. The night seems gloomy.

Mira, you're unfair. You said that you'll be with me, and no matter what happen, you won't leave me. You promise that we will be together. But where are you now? You left me all alone. I can't love anybody else. You already took my heart with you since the day you left.

After that scene on the ship, the last thing I remember was I accidentally bumped my head on that metal bar on the ship's deck, leaving me unconscious. And the next thing is, I woke up in the hospital. There are some survivors too, about Mira, the rescuers found her, but she didn't survive. It's been five years since then, but I can't still move on. We're getting married soon before that incident, and that's why I really can't accept it until now. Those days that I'm longing for her, I've been living like hell. Feel like as each day pass, is killing me slowly. I'm still not searching for her lost twin sister. How can I suppose to find her? They've been apart since they were born. She said it was because of an accident. But where will I start? If I don't have any information about her? But I should do this. Mira is still thinking about her, until on her last breath. I also know the feeling of losing someone you love. It's really painful.

 




Mina's POV



It's a typical day today here in the cafe. My shift is over.

Is Yeonwoo okay? Four years and still counting, but she's still not contacting me. I hope she had moved on. That jerk. I really hate rich bachelors. I hope they won't cross their way again. My friend suffered so badly. I saw it. But I know that she's a strong woman. She can make it. That Ilhoon, he gave my friend so much pain. Although he gained his memory back, he's too late. Yeonwoo already left.

I was preparing my things when suddenly my co-worker approached me.

"Mina, someone's looking for you. She's at the table in the balcony." my co-worker said.

"A girl? Why?" I asked.

"I don't know. She said that she's looking for you. By the way she dressed, she looks so sophisticated. Go on to her, she's waiting." she said. I'm still confused, but who's the one looking for me? I don't remember that I know any person from a high class level. But I still manage to go up to the cafe's balcony. Then, I found that lady in the corner. She's taking a cup of coffee. I came close to her.

"Excuse me Miss? My co-worker said that you're looking for me?" I said. She looked at me. I was surprised.

"Y-Yeonwoo? Is that you?" her looks, she's really different.

"Mina..." she stood up and gave me a hug. I was thinking about her a while ago, then, there she is.

"Yeonwoo, I miss you. It's been a long time." I'm misty eyed. Thought I would never see my friend again.

"I know Mina. I know. I'm sorry, I didn't have time to tell you all of these." she said. I sat on the vacant chair in front of her.

"But, how come? Look at you. You're so pretty. You really changed a lot." I'm really amazed.

"It's a long explanation Mina, the reason I came here, is to see you of course. And, I'm offering you something."

"An offer?" I'm clueless. What is she talking about?

"Be my personal secretary Mina." she said.

"P-personal secretary?"

"Yes. And you have to live with us. You are the only one I trust, so I choose you than anybody else." she smiled. But I still don't know what's going on.

"Wait, give me a reason why I should accept this." I said.

"Mina, we've known each other for six years. Even though I hid my true identity to you, and to anyone else, you still trust me. And you are my bestfriend of course...Mina..?" she look into my eyes. Aish. How can I say no to her?

"Okay. I'm dealing with it." I smiled.

"Thank you. I know that you can't resist me. By the way, you have to come with me next week."

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's Peniel's engagement party. He's getting married in two months. I want you to come with me."

"Jinjja? Sure, I'm going with you." I said. But suddenly, I remembered something.

"Yeonwoo, you have to know something." I don't know if I'm doing it right, but she have to know this.

"What is that?" she asked.

"It's about Ilhoon." she didn't say a thing. A long silence passed before she replied.

"I-I don't want to talk about him." her face turned out sad.

"Ilhoon gain his memory back. He's looking for you." I'm observing her next reaction. She bite her lower lip. A tear fall from her eye.

"Since when?" she asked again.

"A week after you left." I answered. She can't control herself. I was wrong. Because until now, she's still love the guy. I know that.

"Did you say anything about me?"

"No. I didn't." I shook my head. She wiped her tears out.

"It's no use. I can't go back to him. And I don't have any plan to go back to him anymore." she almost whisper those words that came out from .

"But Yeonwoo..."

"Because I don't love him anymore. if he's really looking for me, he'll find a way to see me, but he didn't. And until now, I hate him." she said.

"Yeonwoo, I know you're lying. I can see it in your eyes." I said.

"No I'm not." I just stared at her.

 


Sungjae's POV



"All works and no play, makes Sungjae a dull boy." I was signing some documents when Peniel suddenly appeared in front of me.

"Oh, Peniel, it's you. I didn't notice you. Come, have a seat." I put down the papers I'm reading. Peniel smirked.

"I've knocked three times already, but seems like this young chairman is too busy today." he said.

"I just signed these pending papers. Wait, and what brought you here?" I asked.

"It's not about business, so you can relax. The reason I came here is that I'm inviting you personally for my engagement party next week." Peniel said. I chuckled.

"Seriously? Well, I'm not surprised. I think this is the right time for you to settle down. So, when will be the long table?" I said.

"Within two months."

"Why in such a hurry? Commonly, wedding preparations takes almost a year." I said.

"It's just that I might lost her again, so I have to marry her now." he joked. But a part of it hitted me.

Silence.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to say that." Peniel apologized.

"It's okay Peniel. Don't be bothered about that." I said.

"Wait." he focused his eyes on that particular frame from my table.

"Waeyo? Is there something wrong?" I said.

"Is that Mira?" Peniel asked.

"Yes. Why?" I turn the frame so he can see it clearly.

"Can I see it?" he said. I handed him the frame.

"Don't get me wrong Sungjae. But you told me before that you're looking for her lost sister right? I mean, we got acquainted only four years ago so I wasn't able to meet her." Peniel said. I shook my head.

"Yes, but I'm still not searching for her. I don't know where to start. I'm clueless." I took a deep breath.

"I'm not giving you a wrong assurance Sungjae, but I'm very sure that I have met her before." my heart beated fast. And Peniel keeps on thinking.

"They're really identical." he said.

"You know her? Who's she?" I'm not assuming, but I'm still hoping that this will work.

"Yes! I remember now. She looks like Mina, my sister's friend. I mean, this kind of angelic face is not so easy to forget." Peniel said.

"Really? Where is she then?" I keep on asking, even though I'm not sure that she's the one I'm looking for.

"It's been a long time since I last saw her. Because she parted with my sister. But I think they will be able to meet again." he said. I didn't say a thing.

"Don't be upset Sungjae, I'm just thinking if I could help. Who knows? I'll also try to ask my sister about her." Peniel said.

"Thank you Peniel." I said. He stood up and walk towards the door.

"I'm expecting you to come to my special day next week Sungjae." he opened the door.

"Don't worry, I will." I replied. Not after a moment, Peniel left. I stare at Mira's photo.

Could it be her? How I wish it will be more easy for me to find her.

I sighed.


I want you to love her like the way you used to love me.



Those words of Mira are still on my mind.

No, I'm sorry Mira. But I can't do that. I can't love her...