✡KC

ミ ʃʜɩnƐ ulzzang contest ¦ Who will be the next ulzzang? ¦ GATHERING RESULTS


 

KC/simplydareen

 ♚  Accept everything about yourself - I mean everything, You are you and that is the beginning and the end - no apologies, no regrets.

   
❝ which korean clebrity are you? ❞
 
970378_10151913916220412_555213498_n.jpg
 
If I would be a Korean celebrity, I would be... no other than my super-duper-mega-maxi-ultra-omni-uber bias, SANDARA 'The Krung Krung' PARK. Why, you may ask? She's someone who I look up to. I’m not regretting a single day in my life that I’ve become her fan. She's not just a pretty face. She's glowing inside and out. She's so simple, pure, innocent, kind, generous and can be weird at times but it’s one of her charms that I fell for. Simplicity describes her real beauty. She didn't have an easy life growing up. She had to fight to get to where she is today. It would be difficult for anyone to overcome such hardships but not only did she overcome them, she used those experiences to motivate herself and provide a better life for her family. It's not so easy to accept rejection, failure and hide behind the deep scars of bad experiences. Despite hearing people say, she can't make it, with her utmost determination, she proved them wrong. She isn't someone who tells the world about her personal struggles to gain the sympathy of others and have more fame unlike other celebrities. Instead,  she tells a story about using a pad to appear y in Tae Yang’s music video and does her best parody of Psy’s ridiculous dancing.  She's not an ordinary girl who just showcase cuteness. She is never embarrassed to show how she really is and she can be quirky and elegant and in between those extremes. She looks the coolest when wearing her baggy clothes. She can pull off all sorts of ridiculous hairstyles. And when she shows some skin with those short dresses, it's an enough reason for million of jaws to drop. What's most important is that she is really beautiful on the inside. She has an absolute beautiful heart. She has done many for other people whether she knows them or not. How do you get someone as sweet as her when she's really popular all around the world? Her humble attitude moves me so much. She's lovely without trying to. She's a natural beauty that will surely make your head turn. She has the aura, the glow that lightens up your day. She's just the sweetest and most caring Korean idol I know. Despite the success and fame she has now, she doesn't forget her fans, the people who support her. She's such a down-to-earth goddess with the biggest heart. She's probably one of the most purest and most amazing women out there. There is perhaps the need to invent a greater adjective beyond the word "beautiful" to describe Sandara Park. Above all, She owns a beautiful heart, passionate with her work and self less to the people she cares about. She's the epitome of a beauty that never fades even with her age. I have so much admiration for and am inspired by her on a daily basis. This is a woman whose generosity knows no bounds.
 
 

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟

   

 

 
   
❝ write a poem of your choice ❞
 
 
 
This poem that I made was inspired by Charlie Chaplin's As I Began To Love Myself. I really like his poem and I always read it whenever I'm experiencing difficult times to get strength from it.

Loving Myself More
As I look at myself in the mirror, I see a girl staring straight back at me.
The empty, emotionless eyes and the blank stare from before, 
Now replaced with a happy and contented smile. I'm loving myself more.

Desolation, desperation and wretchedness blinded me against my own truth,
Tried to please others, afraid of their judgmental eyes.
Now I know what genuineness means, I'm loving myself more.

Defiance and offending someone to get my own way just because I think I was right,
I was imprudent. Now I know what respect is, I'm loving myself more.

Inconsiderate, thoughtless, self-centered, 
Always trying to get what I want in the expense of others, 
I've been insensitive. Now I know what maturity is, I'm loving myself more.

Knowing that there's a time for everything and there are reasons how and why I am here,
I should just let things unfold at the right moment.
Now I know what self confidence is, I'm loving myself more.

Experiencing the world makes me crave for so many things,
Forgetting that the most luxurious thing life could offer are happiness and contentment,
Now I know what simplicity is, I'm loving myself more.

Storms may come my way. Sticks and stones may break my bones but I won't fret.
As long as I stay grounded, everything else will fall to their rightful places.
If life gives me lemons, I'll make a lemonade out of it!
 

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟

   

 

 

   
❝ what is your dream future? ❞
 
 
 
Ultimately, my only main goal for the future is TO BE HAPPY. Life takes all sorts of twists and turns and the paths are never quite where we'd like or hope them to.

1) I dream of sharing my voice, perhaps as a recording artist someday. Music is something that brings me happiness and contentment. It’s something that I love doing and I know brings out the best in me. I want to inspire and minister to all different types of people, in all stages of life. I believe that music is the most powerful form of communication known to man allowing audiences and performers to go to a place of deep emotion. To be able to perform, inspire, and touch people's lives through the songs I sing is my dream.

2) I dream of having my own house a few more years before I get married and experience having a complete independent life. I'm always dependent to my parents ever since I was young. I couldn't even figure things out by my own up until now. (just imagine, I'm already too old for my liking)

3) I dream of enjoying my single life to the fullest since I've been single for 22-years already, probably go out to clubs, letting go all the worries that I have in life and loosen up since was always a known 'kill joy' in my group of friends. I tend to always have my guard up when in front of others.

4) I dream of traveling the world all by myself and probably reflect on the things that had happened and the things I want to happen in my life. A healing trip? Yes. Korea, France, Hong Kong, England, Italy, Singapore and Hawaii are just some of the places I want to go to.

5) I dream of making my parents life comfortable for the rest of their lives. After having such a hard time providing for us and working here and there just give me everything they can, I want them to enjoy all the luxury in the world.

5) Find a boyfriend!

6) FIND A BOYFRIEND!

7) FIND A BOYFRIEND!!

8) FIND A BOYFRIEND!!!

9) FIND A BOYFRIEND!!!!

10) FIND A BOYFRIEND!!!!!

11) I dream of having a young,chic CEO or probably the next-in-line to the position as my boyfriend. He'd be so cold to me at first but after getting to know me, his cold exterior will melt. GAHHH! So cheesy! HAHA.

12) I dream of marrying my first boyfriend. Don't you think it's romantic? He'll be my first and last.

13) I also dream of getting pregnant ONLY ONCE. GOSH. Don't you know how stressing, tiring and painful it is too bear a child? I'm a nurse by profession and trust me, you won't even like the daily scenario inside a delivery room. I don't want to experience it twice, thrice or worse four times. Just once. Just once and I'll be bearing twins, a boy and a girl. I prefer to undergo a cesarean section than natural birth because it's just too painful and I don't think I can bear it.

14) After having my little family: a daughter, a son, a husband, I'd be always waking early to prepare breakfast for my children and a special breakfast-in-bed for my tired husband, who's busy managing his own company. I dream of picturing a scene where I'm in the kitchen busy preparing our food and my husband would sneak behind me and hug me from behind and whisper sweet nothings. GAHHHH! I'm already so giddy just imagining this!

15) I dream of volunteering even just once, probably in South Africa  where there are people who live in poor living conditions and extreme poverty.

16) I dream of living my life to the fullest, doing the things I love doing and I'm passionate about without any regrets. I dream of finding my happiness and be contended in everything I have.
 

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟

   

 

   
❝ If you were a main charcter in a horror movie, what would it be and what would you do to survive? ❞
 
OHMYGOD! I hate horror movies the most. I only watched a few horror movies to be honest but if I were to star in a horror movie, I would choose the 'Insidious'. I can never forget about this movie since it's always being replayed in Star Movies. *grins* I think it's the only movie that I have survived throughout without walking out of the room or the theater. But truth to be told, this movie scared the living daylights out of me. I'm talking about sweaty palms, eyes wide open, my body sunk all the way down in my chair scared. There were several points during the film where I screamed like a 13-year old girl at a Justin Beiber concert. Keep in mind that I was consciously trying my hardest to keep my composure mainly because I was sitting beside my mom. From literally the opening credits, they created an intense, haunting tension that didn't leave my body till several minutes later. And I even imagined those hanging demons on the ceiling of my room. *yikes* I was really having trouble sleeping for days because of my very imaginative mind. What I loved about this movie was that it actually tries to scare you, not gross you out. The images are frightening for sure and the sound effects, OHMYGOLLYGOD, it made me jump on my seat for several times. And how would I survive? Gosh. I will be not like Josh and Dalton who just roamed around whatever-place-that-was. I will bring a huge gallon of holy water with me and pour it to the red huge, ugly demon. I'll also bring with me Harry Potter, Edward Cullen, Jacob Black, and Ichigo Kurosaki . Let's just see if what happens when horror meets sci-fi and anime and if that ugly demon will still survive. HAHA. I'm soooo impossible. =))  

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟

   
 
 
   
❝ Your Corner ❞
 
 
 
Dear lovely, drop-dead-gorgeous Judges,

Thank you so much for organizing this kind of contest and for making me a part of it. Thank you for bringing so much confidence in us, for all the compliments, the generous words and the encouragement you never fail to give us. Thank you for making us feel that we can be beautiful even in our own simple way. Showing my great gratitude to you, I'm writing my heart and my everything out with the questions you ask. *grins* As I was answering, I suddenly became a little girl who thinks she can dream of anything in the world. (because of the dream future question) Somehow, it also seemed like I was answering a slam book. That spiral bound book where a collection of people can slam their own opinions down about a question/idea, reminds me so much my elementary school days. More power to you and I hope that you'll continue empowering women. Maybe in the little corner of AFF, women who lack self-confidence and self-esteem might just accidentally tumble on your page. You have the ability to boost no matter how little our confidence level is. I believe that in your own little ways, you have touched and even changed each of the contestant's life. Stay gorgeous and fab, judges! Being a woman is beauty itself! FIGHTING! <3


Dear viewers,

What should I do to charm you all? *grins* Dance? Uhm.. I'm not really much of a dancer so nah.. Sing perhaps? Hmmm..... Shall I?

 

I just suddenly had the idea of putting this up. =)) I was kinda hesitant at first but uhm.. before I even change my mind, I immediately posted it up. I hope you guys don't mind. It's one of my favorite K pop song. It's a song of Sistar19 that I translated to English. I was hoping that maybe I could relate or communicate with you through the song. I know most of us here are K pop lovers and I share that common thing with you.

Please continue supporting this awesome page and show your love and support to all the contestants and to the judges. To those who are a bit shy over there and to the silent readers, show yourselves, subscribe, comment, up vote and make new friends. It's just a click and type away. Don't also hesitate to join the next ulzzang contest that the organizers are planning. I know there's no age, nationality, religion, etc. limitations here. I'm personally encouraging the Muslims out there to join. Even if you have a head cover or not, I know your beauty will still shine through. Show the world how beautiful you are. =))

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟

   

 

   
❝ How did you feel through the judging process? What was your reaction when you were picked? ❞
 
 I never really thought of joining a contest like this since before because uhm.. I'm not really confident about myself. But that changed when this particular girl posted on her blog here in AFF that she joined an ulzzang contest. (A shoutout to you if you're reading this) I was just curious at first then I suddenly thought, 'hey, why don't I give it a try?'. I just found myself reading the ways to join the contest. But it was a bit harder than I thought. *grins* There was a particular challenge that the lovely organizers gave to those who wanted to join since there were only 4 slots available. And.. that was to find one of the organizers' special friend. And mind you, there were 4 organizers so I had no idea where to start. I think I was just lucky that I found the right person. I was finally able to join. There were 40 of us and only 24 will be chosen to qualify for the next round. I was literally freaking out every time I check AFF and my notifications says 'new story updates'. Every time I open the page and try to check those who made it to the next round, my heart almost stopped beating. *kinda exaggerated though, winks* As I've mentioned in my blog, it was really nerve wracking for me when they were slowly revealing the results. I was on the brink of losing hope since up until their second to the last update, I wasn't included. T_T And when their last update was posted, I was literally covering my eyes with the palm of my hands while trying to peep at the little spaces of my fingers out of nervousness. My mom even caught me doing that and asked me what I was doing, looking like I'm peeping on someone. My brother even joked that maybe I was watching adult stuff. GAAAAH! The last time I check I was the one who caught him watching those. Sorry for the side comments. *grins* Anyway, where were we? Oh. The results. The last four qualifiers were finally revealed. First qualifier, not me. *_* Second qualifier, not me again. Ohmygod! 0_0 Third qualifier, still not me. T_T *drum roll* Tantararan taran. Last qualifier... *nervous nervous* *peeps through the little spaces of my fingers* KC/SIMPLYDAREEN!!!! OHMYGOODGOD!!! That's me!!! YESSSSSSSS! *throws confetti* I literally screamed when I saw my name and guess what? It was already how many minutes past eleven in the evening. It's nearly midnight and I just screamed. I was in my room, which I share with my cousin, using the computer. She was already sleeping. When I suddenly screamed, she stood up straight on the floor from our bed. I held my breath. I was totally nervous. She might yell at me or probably do worse than that. It's a different thing when it comes to my cousin. She's soooooo scary when she's angry.  But.. she just said, 'Oh, there you are.' while looking at me. She then climbed back to bed and probably visited dreamland. I was like, 'WHAT THE?!". Gosh, I'm already going off the topic. Let's go back to my happy feelings. *grins* I'm soooooo sooo happy I made it. My self-esteem increased!! =))) I just felt thankful, thankful to the organizers of this contest for bringing in self confidence to us, the contestants.
 
 
 

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟

   

 

 

 
   
❝ Viewers, how would you grade KC? ❞
 
 

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟