Tape 1- Beginning of the End

One Day Late

 

 

I stared at the package that had just arrived. The yellow envelope was folded neatly. My name was written across the front. From the looks of it, it was probably written by a girl.

 

" Someone told me to give this to you." My neighbor told me.

" Who is it from?"

He shrugged, his eyes still on the package, " They didn't say."

" That's odd..."

" Well," he began, " they said it was important that you got it immediately, so I suggest you open it as soon as possible."

I took the package from his grasp. " Thank you, then," I said bowing.

He smiled back. " It's no problem. I wish there were more nice boys like you in the world. It would be a lot nicer." 

 

I picked up the package. There was no written return address on it, and no indication on who had decided to send it.

Sigh. Better see what's in it, I thought to myself. With a loud rip, I tore the wrapping open to see a tape and a photo. The words " PLAY ME" were written in large bold letters.

" A tape? Who has a freaking tape player in this century?" I mumbled to myself.

Then, I remembered...

I walked into my bedroom and to my bedside drawer. There laid a Walkman with stickers of smiley faces and rice cakes plastered all over the front. I guess she forgot about it.

I popped the tape in and hit the play button.

.........

.........

Hey. I hope you haven't forgotten me yet.

It was her. Kim Taeyeon. My ex from... way back then.

I missed you... How are you lately? Haha, asking that through a tape. I'm really stupid aren't I?

Well, it's been a while huh, honey? Or should I call you Wooyoung-shii now? I guess it's more appropriate. Whatever you're comfortable with.

If you have these tapes... you'll find out more later on, but I wanted to send these to you... I don't really know why.

Why would she be contacting me now?

Taeyeon was my ex-girlfriend. We had been dating for... who knows how long. All I knew was that I was ready to go on to the next part of my life with her. Somewhere hidden in a box was a ring I had bought all those years ago.

I was ready to propose to her. Everyone knew about it. It took me a while to realize that I wanted to marry her.

But, one day, she was gone. All her stuff was no longer there, and all she left was a note.

" I'll be back soon," it said.

It's been 15 years since I saw her, and you know what? I hated her. I really did... no... I tried to, but who was I kidding?

I wanted you to have a walk down memory lane with me. Sounds lame doesn't it? I know you might hate me right now, but... I had my reasons.

I can't tell you what happened unless I tell it from the beginning. Where it all started.

Maybe then you'll understand.

Go to the pier and look behind the pillars where we used to go.

I'll be waiting.

The tape went dead, and the spindles stopped rolling.

She was always a mystery to me. Someone I could never figure out. Even back then, she wouldn't tell me of what was worrying her, or what was going on in her life.

I guess that's why we drifted apart all those years ago.

 

" Can't you just leave me alone?! I don't WANT to tell you!" she yelled.

" We're dating! I'm supposed to know about this stuff!"

" It's personal! Just don't ask about it!"

I grabbed her wrists. " Please, just tell me what the hell is going on."

She shook my arms off. " LEAVE. ME. ALONE. I need my space." she began to walk off into the bedroom, but I grabbed her into my grasp from behind.

" Please." I said pleading.

She grabbed my arms and threw them away, and walked into the room, slamming the door.

My forehead was against the door. " KIM TAEYEON!" I pounded against the door. " OPEN THE DOOR! PLEASE!" I felt tears rolling down my face.

" Taeyeon!"

Why won't you tell me?

 

Even after all these years, curiosity got the better me.

I guess it's time to find out what really was going on.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: So.. how was it? Feel free to leave me anything I can improve on, or maybe who you would like to see make cameos. I'm up for suggestions ^___^. (BTW Taeyeon's old nickname comes in this part; Rice Cake Taeyeon xD). I hope you like the first chapter, and I'll be seeing you soon :).