Welcome to Exo High!

Exo High School Host Club

Kyungsoo ran his small hand through his hair for the millionth time that day. Kyungsoo's mouth felt dry, his palms were sweaty, and his new, luxurious school uniform felt too hot. He constantly fidgeted with something on him, be it his bowtie, his collar or the buckle of his belt. The flourescent lights of the reception office was a bit blinding. The receptionists all had bright smiles on their faces, equally bright to the lighting of the room. 

Suho and Kyungsoo drove to school together, and Suho had told him that new students get a customary welcoming. Apparently, Exo High School had a welcoming committee. He said that representatives of each club made up the welcoming committee. The new student usually ended up joining the club that his welcoming guide came from, Suho had said.

 

"You could get a representative from any of the clubs, and there are lot. Let's see... you could get the soccer team, cheerleading team, Kim Jongin fan club, or the music club," Suho explained in a quiet voice. Kyungsoo arched his eyebrow curiously.

"There's a Kim Jongil fan club? As in North Korea's Kim Jongil? The school let that club form? Isn't that a bit... inappropriate?" Kyungsoo asked, suddenly rethinking his decision to go Exo High School. Suho made a funny face before bursting out into laughter.

"Heavens, no. I said Kim Jongin. With an 'n'. He's a student that's popular among the students. Teachers too... I don't think there's anyone that doesn't like him," Suho explained, still chuckling. Kyungsoo had never seen his hyung laugh like that. He looked less weird. Kyungsoo decided that he jumped to conclusions about Suho too quickly. Suho looked really nice when he smiled. Maybe he'll enjoy living with his hyung after all.

 

Kyungsoo was now waiting for that person anxiously. It would be the first student he'd meet, his first encounter with a real Exo High student, and that person would be the first to see Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo was taciturn and shy by nature. He knew that and for that reason, people often misunderstood him as disinterested. It had always been hard for him to make friends.

Although Kyungsoo was knew he made the right choice, he still couldn't help but think about his best friend, and what she might be doing in his old homeroom right now.

I wish you were here with me, Kyungsoo thought softly.

Kyungsoo took a moment to observe his new school, where the ceilings, highlighted in skylights of multiple shapes,seemed to be so high that they kissed the sky. The tiles of the floor were a river of a cool midnight blue, speckled in sparkles that seemed to resemble the night sky and the luminescence of the stars. Kyungsoo thought the antithesis of the daytime ceilings and nighttime tiles were beautiful. It amazed Kyungsoo that the design of the school was meticulous down to the specks of the tiles of the floor. 

"Hey, don't look so scared," a chuckling voice said, surprising Kyungsoo out of his reverie. Kyungsoo looked to the voice, his eyes widening in surprise naturally. Kyungsoo guessed he must have been too busy thinking to notice when the boy had sat down next to him. The boy looked older than him, his hair short everywhere except for his bangs. They swept over his brown eyes, and the boy was suddenly smiling. Kyungsoo was a little scared. 

Is this the person from the welcome committee?

"Wow, your eyes have a lot of white space. It almost looks like your eye is a donut! Like a vanilla donut. If you had pink specks in your eyes, I'd think you were truly a donut. Wait, your name's Do Kyungsoo? Can I call you Nutsoo? Because then your name would be Do Nutsoo!' the boy laughed, causing a dimple to show in his cheeks.

"U-um, are you from the welcoming committee?" Kyungsoo asked in a quiet voice. Kyungsoo wondered how the boy knew his name, but then he rembered that he was wearing a nametag, just like the other boy.

His name looks foreign.

"Huh? No. I'm new too! I'm Zhang Yixing," the dimpled boy stuck out one smooth, white hand. Kyungsoo shook it tenatively while the other boy frinnged.

"I'm sorry for talking so much. You just looked really nervous. Sorry about the awful donut pun. Kyungsoo is a cuter name than Nutsoo anyways. I just wanted to make you laugh so that you'd relax," Yixing explained in much less manic voice. Kyungsoo blushed, but smiled a small smile anyways.

"It's okay," Kyungsoo replied and he meant it. Although Yixing was a little forward for meeting someone for the first time, he was comfortable around outgoing people. It reminded him of his best friend.

"Making friends already?" a new, cheery voice called.

Both new students looked up to see a fairly short girl smiling, dimples evident, with glossy black hair, her wrists heavy with silver bracelets.

"I'm BoA, and I'm part of the welcoming committee. I represent the dance club. It's not common for us to get new students. I was so happy that I finally get to welcome someone after three years on the committee," BoA stepped foward to shake both their hands. Yixing introduced himself brightly, and Kyungsoo introduced himself shyly.

Kyungsoo was taken aback by how pretty and nice she was.

"You both know how the welcome committee works? If you don't like dancing, you might not want to choose to go with me. I'll rope you into the dance club for sure!' she said with a wide smile, "I think Minseok is the other person picked for the welcoming committee. I think he represents the baking club."

Kyungsoo was already a small boy for his age, and he wasn't too poised. Awkward was in Kyungsoo's DNA, and joining BoA for dancing was the last thing he wanted to do right now.

Thankfully, Yixing volunteered.

"I love dancing and I'm awful in the kitchen, as long as Kyungsoo doesn't mind, I'll join you, BoA-ssi," Yixing smiled before looking at Kyungsoo, "Kyungsoo?"

"N-no! Go ahead, please!" Kyungsoo breathed with relief; he loved to bake anyways. BoA and Yixing laughed, causing Kyungsoo's cheeks to turn pink.

"Alright, well I've got to get this tour on the road, let's go, Yixing!" BoA moved quickly in lithe steps. Yixing picked his back pack up and scurried after her.

"Bye Kyungso-, oh wait!" Yixing stopped in his tracks and ran back to Kyungsoo in the office. Yixing borrowed a pen from the counter to scribble some numbers on the back of a gum wrapper.

"Kyungsoo-ah, I expect you to call me! Or at least text me. We're friends now! I'll come looking for you, but here's my number just in case," Yixing said quickly before waving and running after BoA.

Kyungsoo smiled as he sat down and stared after the path BoA and Yixing had left on. If everyone was as nice as Yixing and BoA, then making friends shouldn't be so hard, right?

He dug out his phone and entered the phone number before he lost the little gum wrapper. He smiled to himself; he'd never had such a good feeling about something new.


 

The time ticked by, and Kyungsoo was growing worried. It had been 20 minutes since Yixing left. The ticking of the clock ticking on the wall in the quiet reception office sounded like breaking glass.

"Where's the welcome committee?" Kyungsoo mumbled as he fiddled with the black button on his blazer. Kyungsoo was worried that he'd be forgotten.

Another five minutes passed before a boy bursted into the reception office, panting as he grabbed the doorframe for support.

He looked ahead of him before turning his head and noticing Kyungsoo.

The student had large, sharply shaped eyes, contrasting to the round curves of his slightly chubby cheeks.

"Do Kyungsoo?" the boy called out with a tenative smile.

"That's me," Kyungsoo squeaked out nervously.

"I'm Minseok, your welcoming committee representative! I'm so sorry that I'm late. I had to finalize something... for our tour," he smiled, a twinkle sparkling in his eye when he said the last part.

"O-okay," Kyungsoo replied as he shook the hand that Minseok offered him.

"Well follow me, young Jedi," Minseok smiled as he motioned to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo stood up promptly, smoothing his clothes out before following Minseok.

"I'm a senior, so you can call me hyung! Aigoo, you're really cute," Minseok laughed, smiling warmly at Kyungsoo.

"Thank you...hyung," Kyungsoo replied as Minseok lead him down a hall that had ceilings higher than the ones near the reception office.

"The club will love you! We're going to meet them right now! I hope you'll like the cake we prepared for you," Minseok grinned cheekily. Kyungsoo was glad that he was lucky enough to get paired with the baking club.

The halls were pretty empty, and Kyungsoo figured that class was probably going on right now. The lockers were an sparkling onyx color, the numbers on them shining in a red metal color. Kyungsoo caught sight of a classroom as he walked past it. All the students were hastily copying notes, trying to keep up with the quick pen of their teacher.

"I hear Suho-hyung is your brother! There's not much resemblance physically, but you two actually act similarly," Minseok chattered as they rounded the corner.

"He's my step-brother," Kyungsoo confirmed as he and Minseok arrived outside a door. Kyungsoo decided that there was something very pleasant about Minseok. He didn't know what it was, but he just looked like a very humble, hardworking person.

"I hear you like music, so I thought I'd make pitstop and show you our auditorium," Minseok smiled as he opened the door, "Give me a second, I'll turn the lights on."

Inside was completely dark, but Kyungsoo could feel that the room was very large. Their footsteps echoed, and the room was a couple degrees cooler than the hallway was.

"Minseok-hyung?" Kyungsoo called out tenatively when the door they came through closed, leaving the room to be pitch black.

No response.

"Hyung?" Kyungsoo called out again, his voice shaking; he hated being alone in the dark.

Kyungsoo took a blind step, his fingers feeling what seemed to be an auditorium chair. Kyungsoo felt around, trying to distinguish the aisles. His foot made contact with something, but it was very light and it seemed that he kicked it away.

"Minseok-hyung? Are you there?"

"SURPRISE!" yelled a chorus of voices as light flooded the room.

Kyungsoo yelped in surprise as he stumbled back. He wasn't very good at taking surprises.

Kyungsoo was disoriented as he blinked, taking in the scene before him. The floor in front of him was covered in black, white, silver, and gold balloons, as was the ceiling. There were about seven or ten boys standing under a "Welcome Kyungsoo-ah!" banner before him, Minseok among them.

Most of them had giant smiles on their faces. They were all different heights, but Kyungsoo couldn't make out their faces too well from the distance he was at.

Kyungsoo's feet seemed to be glued to the floor.

What was he supposed to do? He didn't know.

"Come here, Kyungsoo!" Minseok yelled across the giant auditorium.

Kyungsoo remained frozen for a second before he finally managed to get his feet to move.

"Minseok! He's so cute! He'll be such a nice addition to our club, I like him already!" a thin, dark-haired boy smiled.

"Don't scare him, Jongdae," Minseok rolled his eyes, smiling anyways.

"Can this auditorium be any bigger?" Kyungsoo mumbled to himself as it felt like an eternity to make his way across it.

Kyungsoo came around the side of the stage, going up the steps, his stomach flopping like crazy as he thought of a good way to introduce himelf and make a good first impression.

"Hi Kyungsoo! Did you like our surprise?" the boy named Jongdae asked.

"Oh, uh, I-"

"AM I LATE?" was the last thing Kyungsoo heard before a door opened out of nowhere and hit tiny Kyungsoo hard.

Kyungsoo felt his head spin, and a pressure wash over his brain.

And the world went black.

 

 

 

"He's so tiny. It's so cute though."

"I wonder what he likes."

"He probably likes eyeliner. Everyone likes eyeliner."

"No, everyone likes llamas, especially Llamas named Ace. And pandas. But active wushu pandas. Not the ones that sit around and eat bamboo."

"Kris... that's like, every panda."

"He's not going to like Kris. Kris knocked him out cold before even meeting him."

"I feel really bad!!! Okay? I didn't mean to. I thought I was late."

"You were late and you knocked out this poor little cutie."

Kyungsoo's head felt heavy. He was trying to get up, but his body couldn't seem to move.

"Look at his hands! They're tiny, but proportional to rest of his body. I think he's the smallest one among us."

"Except his thighs aren't really in proportion. They're nice and thick."

"Why's Jongin blushing?"

Jongin? 

"I'm not blushing, idiot."

The guy who just spoke is Jongin then?

"Hey! Look! He has a little Pororo pin on his backpack! Jongin, it matches your Krong button," a voice said, somewhat with a little lisp.

"He looks really squishy, Jongin, look, he looks super squishy," an extremely deep voice said.

"Stop poking him. He's unconscious. It's like... or something," another voice hissed, his voice not quite as deep as the guy who spoke before him.

"It's not . I'm not him. I'm poking him. If I were to him, I'd take off his clothes first, starting with his pants," the lisped boy said.

?

Kyungsoo's mind swirled heavily.

"Oh my god! Sehun! You're so dumb! Stop talking about him! You're so lucky he can't hear you," the medium-deep voice groaned.

"Maybe he'll forgive us after he eats my awesome cake," a boy said with a very slight accent.

"Please, Kris, your cake isn't that good," a sassy voice said.

Kyungsoo was finally able to move his body. He scrunched his face as he tried to fight the heavy feeling in his head.

"Look! Look! He's waking up! Luhan-hyung! Minseokkie, can we keep him?" another voice said.

"He's not a dog," a voice sighed.

Kyungsoo finally opened his eyes, blinking as the bright lights shined down on him.

Once his eyes focused, he was met with nine, beautiful pairs of eyes.


Author's Note

What? First chapter and Jongin's already blushing???

It's a bit slow, but it gets funnier!

Stay tuned ^-^

We still don't know who Kyungie's best friend is

We've officially met Yixing, Minseok, and BoA!

If you didn't get what just happened, Kris opened the door and slammed in Kyungsoo's face, and he lost consciousness. Lol, Kris always acts so smooth, right?

But he's awkard xD

Does anyone watch Exo Showtime? Hahahhaa. 

That one episode where Suho, Tao, and Kris go to learn martial arts, and Kris tries to flip... and it's just... no.


What's next?

In my rush to get chapter one out after the preface, I haven't written chapter two, so I even I don't know what's going to happen next.

What will probably happen:

Kyungsoo's going to officially meet everyone! Kyungsoo still thinks that the club is a baking club. How will he take it when he finds out that it's  not a baking club? Rather, it's a host club!!!

 

As always, thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting if you wish!