Preface

Exo High School Host Club

"Kyungsoo-ah, come down here, please," Kyungsoo's omma called up to his room.

Light footsteps were heard before a head of cute, black bed-hair popped out from behind the wall near the stairs.

"Come here, your Appa and I need to talk to you," Omma smiled nervously at her son.

Kyungsoo frowned a little, but retreated down the stairs anyways. He took a cautious seat at their dinner table, the brown grains of the wood worn with age and use.

"We have some really good news, and some other news," Appa smiled, but the smile didn't reach his eyes, making Kyungsoo confused.

"Is anything wrong?" he asked, his eyes widening like they always do. His Omma shook her head and gave a comforting smile.

"Not really. There's a lot of good news. Your Aunt Tiffany is finally pregnant, and with twins! After so many years of trying, she's finally pregnant. And her business is doing really well," Omma smiled.

"That's good," Kyungsoo smiled genuinely. He liked his Aunt Tiffany; she was always very kind and hardworking. 

"That's the thing...," Omma trailed off, worry apparent in her voice. Kyungsoo frowned, wondering what could be bad about that news.

She looks tired, Kyungsoo decided as he eyed his mom wearily. It looked like she hadn't gotten any sleep the night before. 

"So Aunt Tiffany's restaurants are doing well and her third location is about to open up, and she just got pregnant. Life's about to be a lot busier for her, and she needs help. She's not going to have the baby for another eight and half months, but when the time comes, she'll need to rest from work, and then once they're born, she'll probably take even more time off. Your Uncle Leeteuk manages one restaurant, and Aunt Tiffany the other. Of course, being family, we offered to move to California and help her out," Appa explained. Kyungsoo felt his heart sink a little.

Kyungsoo had always wanted to go to the States, and he always thought he wouldn't mind moving.

Now, it was all very overwhelming considering that he was in middle of his first Junior semester. He got the hang of how school worked.

"We know that it will probably happen around January, seeing as how we'll need time for Tiffany to tell us how everything works and work with her, but I told Tiffany that we wouldn't move out there if you really didn't want to go. But just know that we're not done explaining, and before you make a decision, let me tell you everything," Omma smiled at him. Kyungsoo nodded weakly, his hands fiddling with the hem of his Pororo t-shirt.

"We don't know if we're going to move out there forever. The restaurant has been doing really well for the last seven years, and it keeps getting better. If it keeps growing, we'll probably move out there. You can move out there with us, and go to an American school. You already know English, and that wouldn't be a problem for you. You have a choice of staying here, or going to California," Omma explained, reaching for one of Kyungsoo's clammy hands.

"What do you mean that I can stay here?" Kyungsoo asked, his head tilting to the side in confusion. Kyungsoo's parents looked at each other uneasily before they returned their attention to Kyungsoo.

"You can move in with your hyung," Appa replied.

"What? Suho-hyung? But he-"

"Before you say that he's awkward and he makes you feel uncomfortable, let me finish explaining," Appa said. Kyungsoo leaned back in his chair petulantly. Suho was his step-brother, and he was very quiet. Kyungsoo was quiet himself, but he liked being around outgoing people. Suho always looked at him, but never said anything. Suho was also an expert in music, and Kyungsoo would never admit it, but that intimidated him.

"He's been an intern at Exo High School for some years now, you know that. The man he's working under decided to retire after the first semester, leaving Exo High School with no music teacher for the second semester. Suho was next in line for the position anyways, and so now it's official that he will be a teacher at Exo High School," Appa said, his lips beginning to twitch up into a smile.

Kyungsoo squinted his face in confusion. Why was his Appa smiling?

"And Exo High School has a policy where the immediate family of the teachers and staff can attend the school without paying for tuition. That means that you can go to Exo High School," Omma gushed with excitement, "Your father and I always wanted to send you there, but we could never afford it. And we're sorry for that, so we understand if you want to stay behind and go to Exo High School. If you, however, just want things to stay the way they are or you want to go to America, just tell us. We won't be mad."

Saying that Kyungsoo was excited was an understatement.

He'd always dreamt of going to Exo High School. They had state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, like their exclusive access to technology that had yet to be released to the public, an auditorium that could seat 10,000 people, and a 300-piece orchestra. They had an observatory on their roof for goodness sake!

Their academic program was the best around and Kyungsoo was sure that graduating from Exo High School could get him good scholarsips for good universities. That means his parents wouldn't have to work hard to pay for his college so that they could save that money for their retirement.

To think, Kyungsoo could go there and study. He could stay awake during class for once, since he'd be challenged. Kyungsoo had friends at his public high school, but they weren't that close. He'd be sad about leaving them, but the rigorous workload at Exo High would probably keep him occupied. He could always go back and visit anyways. Exo High School was only twenty minutes away. There would only be one person, his best friend, that he would miss terribly.

He would miss his parents, and he didn't necessarily want to part from them. He, however, was elated for his Aunt Tiffany and Uncle Leeteuk for their pregnancy. Their business was flourishing and his Omma gave up her chef career to become a full-time mother her only child. 

Kyungsoo figured that they deserved a change of scenery and a chance to do something exciting. Kyungsoo wanted to do well in school and make them proud.

Even though the new school would be full of people of a different social class, Kyungsoo didn't mind. Even though he'd have to live with Suho, he'd endure it. Kyungsoo secretly always wanted to be closer to him anyways; both of them were always too awkward for that though.Even if he was going to be alone in Exo High School, he had a lot to be thankful for.

Do Kyungsoo smiled to himself, unable to wait for January to come.



AN: Preface!

Basically, if you didn't understand, Tiffany (yes, I used SNSD's Tiffany and SJ's Leeteuk) needs Kyungsoo's parents (Kyungsoo's Omma is Tiffany's sister.) to come to America and help her run her successful restaurants.

Kyungsoo can go to America or go live with Suho, or everything could stay the way it is.

Suho, Kyungsoo's step-brother (from his mother's previous marriage) is going to work at Exo H.S. If he works there, Kyungsoo can go to Exo H.S.

Kyungsoo wants to go to Exo High, of course!

 

Can you guess which SNSD member I picked to be Kyungsoo's Omma?

Can you guess which idol I used for Kyungsoo's best friend? (I don't even know yet, lol)

Can you guess what's going to happen next??

 

The next chapter will be posted shortly. 

Thank you for your time, and if you decide to comment. (It would be greatly appreciated! it always helps me write!)

What's next?


Kyungsoo's first day of school!

 

"He looks really squishy, Jongin, look, he looks super squishy," an extremely deep voice said.

 

"Well follow me, young Jedi,"