Chapter 17

Love Food Story

Hello readers~! Sorry for the wait!

This weekend I need to go somewhere. But I hope this (kind of) long chapter will help me to get forgiveness for the wait.

And by the way, thanks for the feedback. And I hope you enjoy this! :D

Promote One Shot : A Perfect Lie <- just click on the title.


Sooyoung frowns to see untouchable plate in the dining table when she comes back to cook for lunch. She absolutely sure the breakfast she made this morning is taste good, at least for her tongue. Since all this time Jessica hasn’t complained for anything she cooked, she made conclusion that Jessica has same favorite taste with her. And yesterday when she asked permission to come home late, she remembers Jessica said that she would accept anything as long as it can be eaten and no cucumber on it. And Sooyoung completely sure there’s no cucumber on burrito that she made this morning.

“She hasn’t wake?”

Sooyoung doesn’t wish someone answer that question. She just wonders. Immediately her eyes are sifting to the locking room. The forbidden room she couldn’t enter until now, half of the time she has to stay in this place.

“Maybe she doesn’t like it.”

Sooyoung just shrugs it off. She doesn’t want her thought ruins her day. Just let it be. That’s what she puts in her mind.

While whistling the new song Yuri gave to her last night, Sooyoung starts to cook lunch. Somehow she has a control not to sing it. She feels like Yuri wants that song to be secret, like a special performance. With a hopeful wish that Jessica might come to her weekend event, Sooyoung doesn’t want to ruin the surprise. Honestly she can’t wait to see the cold author reaction when she sings that song.

“What time you go home last night? You’re going home, right?”

Sooyoung is stunning to hear the voice behind her back. It’s not that she doesn’t know it was Jessica, but for the word that girl chose makes Sooyoung stunned.

Home.

It’s been awhile that she heard that word. And it’s been awhile for Sooyoung to feel a place that she can call home. And the fact that someone who wants to kick her after a month called this place as home for her, it’s just… incredibility complicated.

In the other side, Jessica was freezes for her own word choosing. She knows the reason behind Sooyoung’s reaction. The words that she shouldn’t use for Sooyoung if she really will kicks her out after a month stay.

It’s been awhile since she shares her place with someone else, someone that scarily makes her feels… comfortable. There is a lot of time Jessica needs to remind herself to remain the wall stay still. She should remind herself to keep her heart close and since Sooyoung lives here, it becomes hard thing to do. But until now Jessica is still trying to ignore that fact.

“Just answer me.”

The awkward silence that’s been happening for at least 10 minutes killing Jessica inside. Inside her mind, Jessica is slapping herself (maybe for being an idiot), but in front of Sooyoung, she tries to look cool.

“Hm? Oh… last night? Maybe around midnight,” Sooyoung says. “Did I wake you up? I tried my best not to make a noise. Really.”

Jessica nods. She knows it’s true because since morning no neighbor comes to her place to complain.

“You… just wake up?” Somehow Sooyoung feels the urge to ask that question. She still can’t ‘let it be’ about the untouchable burrito.

Jessica frowns to hear Sooyoung’s question. At first she doesn’t get it but when her focus switches to the dining table, she finally gets it.

“Sorry for that. I waste your food.”

Sooyoung sighs. She doesn’t need an apology actually, she just wants an explanation. “Maybe you just don’t like burrito.”

Jessica remains silent. She starts to thinking before respond Sooyoung. At least she doesn’t want to slip a word like earlier. Like what it said earlier, the scary comfortable feeling that Sooyoung gave to her, always easily makes her put her guard down.

Again Sooyoung shrugs her shoulder. She just continues cooking without humming or singing any song. Honestly she feels a bit disappointed, but she knows, she should… let it be.

“You’re not singing today. Are you enough with your practice last night?”

This is the first Jessica feels uneasy with the silent. Usually she enjoys it because she doesn’t need to realize about other people presence in her life but now… Jessica sighs. Everything turns different since Sooyoung comes.

Jessica glances at the calendar. It’s just 2 more weeks for Sooyoung to stay. Inside her mind she wishes the day is coming soon but inside her heart… we won’t know because Jessica herself doesn’t want to know about it.

Sooyoung glances at Jessica who glances at calendar before answering. She knows what the Ice Princess was thinking but she doesn’t want to discuss about it, at least for now. She wants the day comes itself, without her waiting or avoiding. If the time comes, she will let the fate makes a decision. If she should stay, she will. And IF the other girl kicks her out, she will just accept that.

“Yeah… we practice a lot last night,” Sooyoung finally replies. “My boss wanted me to take a rest. And I start to think to save my voice for the weekend event.”

“It’s… tomorrow, right?” Jessica mutters.

Sooyoung only nods.

In the second silence, Jessica decides to let it be until Sooyoung leaves her place again to go back to work.

*

The weekend finally comes. Since that awkward afternoon, Sooyoung hasn’t speaks with Jessica.

Awkward.

Yeah… awkward is the correct word to describe their relationship now. Although their relationship isn’t good at first but this is really awkward. Somehow it feels better if they never talked so it won’t be awkward if they see each other and they didn’t talk. But since they ever discuss about something (at least about Jessica’s newest novel), sometimes it feels like they must talking about something. But every time their eyes met, the awkward atmosphere will build up. And it also the cause, Sooyoung and Jessica tries to lessen their contact lately.

Sooyoung sighs heavily to realize what is happening now.

Is this the way Jessica takes to kicks her out? Build the awkward atmosphere so Sooyoung will choose to leave?  

That question comes to her mind sometimes. Although she tries to shrugs it off, she can’t help but think about it again and again and again. It’s really bothering her in many ways.

“Something happened?”

When Sooyoung feels somebody’s hand on her shoulder, it successfully ruins her thought. She only glances at her right side to find Yuri standing there.

A little fake smile she gives to Yuri along with shaking head. “Nothing. Maybe I’m just nervous. We never do duet in acoustic, right?”

Although Yuri knows it wasn’t the case, she just goes along with it. Sooyoung sometimes can be so open up but when she doesn’t want to tell, she won’t tell. And since Yuri knows Sooyoung very well in the name of friendship, she just deals with it.

Yuri smile. “Don’t be. It just the same performance we always did, right?”

Sooyoung tilts her head. “I don’t know… mostly we use loud music so maybe it can help to hide our crack voices, but with acoustic… you can’t find any hole to hide.”

 Yuri chuckles. “Yah~ don’t underestimate your own voice. You have beautiful voice, you know. Just trust me.”

Sooyoung glances at Yuri and flash a charming smile. “Thanks, Yul. I need that.”

Yuri only pats Sooyoung’s back. “Let’s prepare. Shall we?”

Sooyoung only nods and follow Yuri to where they should stands.

*

“Good evening, everyone~!!” Yuri greets her customers. “Did I disturb your dinner? Or are you ready what we want to serve to you?”

A loud cheer from the customers creates a big grin on Yuri’s face. She really enjoys when everyone pays attention on her.

“Today~ we have special performance,” Yuri continues. “But….!! You must wait after the first performance~!! And for that... I’ll give you free fortune cookies! Shhh… don’t tell anyone the message inside, okay?”

Again… the loud cheer can be heard when Yuri winks at the audience. But since she is standing on the stage, actually she is scanning the room and waiting for someone, maybe two, to sit in the place that she prepared. Yups! The mushroom hair girl hasn’t show up.

“And for now~! Please give a loud cheer and applause for my chef and waitress!!”

Yuri gets what she wants when Sooyoung and Hyoyeon joins her in the stage.

“In the left side is Kim Hyoyeon~!!!” Yuri introduces her waitress. “And in the right side is Choi Sooyoung!!” continues with her chef.

SMACK!!

Hyoyeon smacks Yuri’s back head. “We were not in boxing ring!”

The audience laughs. The duets always melt the atmosphere in the restaurant.

Yuri smacks Hyoyeon’s back. “It’s up to me. I’m the owner,” she sticks out her tongue.

Hyoyeon rolls her eyes. “Whatever.”

“Good,” Yuri nods, ignore her tone. “Let’s enjoy Delicious Addiction by TeenTop~!”

Hyoyeon glares at Yuri but the audience laughs.

“Ups! I mean, Delicious Addiction by Kim Hyoyeon and Choi Sooyoung~!”

♫♪♫~ Today is gonna be a good day~

Hyoyeon starts the song when Yuri moves to the corner watching both of them. Sometimes Yuri glances to the door and her phone. She is still waiting for certain someone to show up. It’s not that she is expecting something, she only curious. She is curious with the person who successfully steals her chef’s heart.

Tonight is a little special… I am feeling a little excited

Tonight I feel like having a bite of something spicy, sweet and unique

I just love the beautifully colored Japchae

Ganjang ge jang is an excellent accompaniment to rice

I dig Kimchi on nurungji

I will let myself go into the enchanting world of K-food tonight~

Sooyoung sometimes glances at the wall clock. She needs to cook dinner, but she can’t be sure if Yuri allows her to leave the party or not for now. At least she still has one more performance with her boss. And somehow she feels unsure if she wants to go back or not. The atmosphere in the apartment is just… hard to tell.

The chewing sensations keep drawing me into you

The aroma makes my heart beat faster

This great taster simply won't let go of me

So yummy. K-food is a delightful addiction~♫♪♫

When the song comes to the end, Yuri sees the special seat is finally full. She can’t see clearly the women who sit next to Tiffany, but she knows she will eventually see her from the stage.

Yups, that seat is so special because it forces anyone who sits in there to pay attention to the stage, like the special order Tiffany gave to her few days ago.

“Yul, can I go back for awhile?” Sooyoung asks after she ended her performance with Hyoyeon.

Yuri shakes her head. She glances at the stage and sees Hyoyeon still enjoying the cheers from the customers.

“Just one performance and you free to go,” Yuri says. “Let’s go back to the stage!”

With a push in the back, finally Sooyoung goes back to the stage. Hyoyeon who sees the signal only jump down from the stage. Since she does with style, the audience cheers again and she clearly enjoys it.

Sooyoung frowns when Yuri sits in the back and the spotlight go straight to her and left her boss in the shadow.

“Why you there? You supposedly here, right?” she whispers.

“But I’m your backing vocal,” Yuri whispers back. “Just enjoy your stage.”

“But…”

Yuri ends the argument by strumming her guitar. Sooyoung finally has no choice but start to sings.

Play THIS

It’s alright, I, even without you, I’m alright

Even some of the days when I remember, it’s alright

Truthfully, I don’t think I still believe it

 Jessica, the girl in the special seat, is stunning to hear Sooyoung’s voice. Again… she feels the scarily comfortable feeling from Sooyoung’s presence. Somehow… her heart tells her if that song belongs to her, but in her mind, she hardly tries to think that this is just nothing.

To see the girl reaction although she feels unsure because she hides in the shadow and can’t see the girl clearly, Yuri gives a sign to Hyoyeon to turn on the waterfall in the window before Sooyoung continues singing. In perfect time, the water slowly falls when Sooyoung continues sing.

In a rainy day like today

Together we listened to this song

I stare into space for a while and smile

 At this moment, when Sooyoung takes a little break before she jump to the ref, she finally sees what she want to see. In this moment, Sooyoung feels like her eyes playing trick, but inside her heart, she feels a joy when she can sees Jessica from her seat.

Baby baby you’re caramel macchiato

Still, near my lips, your scent is sweet

Baby baby, tonight

Baby baby, you’re more than the scent of caffe latte

Do you remember this feeling, this comfort

Baby, baby, tonight

 Everybody enjoys the sweet and gentle voice from Sooyoung. It feels like everyone flow in the air along with the song. There’s comfortable feeling surrounding the restaurant.

Sooyoung is like trying to wash the pain from the past. It’s like Sooyoung telling everything is going to be alright. And it feels like Sooyoung… talks directly to Jessica that everything is going to be alright.

Oh baby, faded blue sky couple tee

Slowly forgetting your birthday

But my heart is still this warm

 Jessica holds her chest. She knows it. A warm feeling that she feels inside, she gets from Sooyoung. The wall is slowly crumbling but at the same time, Jessica tries hard to build it up again. Although she knows it will be tiring to fight with herself but she insist. Her stupid pride won’t let Sooyoung tries to open up her heart again. Her stupid pride won’t let her in love again.

To me, you, who is so warm and smells so beautiful

But it can’t be more beautiful and now it’s just a memory

The painful goodbye she ever felt in the past makes Jessica tries to avoid Sooyoung’s gaze on her. She knows if she lets herself to return that stare, she won’t be has a chance to get away. She will be lost in those eyes. And she honestly knows… she can’t tell her heart to not falling, but she doesn’t want to think about it because sometimes… something can happens just because we over think about it. And that’s what Jessica wants to believe. There must be a reason for the stupid heartbeat inside her chest.

Baby baby you’re caramel macchiato

Still, near my lips, your scent is sweet

Baby baby, tonight

Baby baby, you’re more than the scent of caffe latte

Do you remember this feeling, this comfort

Baby, baby, tonight

When Sooyoung finally ends the song, Jessica finally realized there is someone else behind her. Her focus now is switching to the girl with the black hair.

Could it be…?

Unconsciously Jessica is standing in her spot. Her jaw dropped.

It can’t be…

Not ready with what she sees or might see because the stage kind of dark, Jessica suddenly runs to the door and leaves the restaurant. She can’t accept if what she sees is like what she thinks.

“Jessie? Eh? What’s wrong?”

Tiffany sudden outburst ruins Yuri and Sooyoung’s conversation on the stage.

Sooyoung can see a slight feature of Jessica leaving the restaurant. Without a second thought, Sooyoung runs after her.

“Sica! Sica! Wait! Sica, wait!”

Sooyoung blinks her eyes when she feels water dropping on her face. When she leaves the restaurant, she doesn’t realize it’s really raining outside. It’s not only waterfall window trick like Yuri plays in the restaurant, but it’s actually a real rain outside.

But Sooyoung just shakes her head and continues running to catch the author (AN : not me, Jessica). She doesn’t care if her clothes soak with the rain. She just feels the urge to find that girl. Something must be happened and she doesn’t want that girl to be alone. Sooyoung feels the urge to stand next to her.

“Sica!” Sooyoung finally finds the girl and catch her wrist to prevent she runs away again. But when Sooyoung turns her body around, she can see tears falling from those beautiful eyes. Although the rain tries to hide it, but she can see through the painful expression Jessica gives when their eyes meet.

Without thinking, Sooyoung pulls Jessica to her arms. She hides that beautiful face inside her chest.

“Let it out… Please…” With pleading voice, Sooyoung tries to break through Jessica’s defense. And she managed it.

“Huwaaaaaaa…….”

Jessica wraps her arms around Sooyoung’s waist after that loud scream. Tears start pouring from her beautiful eyes. Sadly Sooyoung let out a sigh to know how miserable the girl inside her arms is.


See you next time~ ^_^