The Old Self

I Can't Hear Your Voice

       

 

          “Oh So Eun, you're here.” Mrs Anh exclaimed as she saw So Eun coming in the class. She nodded her head and took out her notebook.

Sorry Seongsaenim, I was feeling unwell this morning. I will catch up the classes I missed.

         “I don’t doubt you on that. Are you feeling better by now?” So Eun smiled gratefully and once again nodded her head. "Alright, go to your seat. You have a new student as your seatmate"

Can it be possibly the new student everyone is gossiping about?

She scratched her head and just putted the thought at the back of her head.

As expected, when Daehyun and Jongup stepped into the classroom, ear-deafening shrieks propagated, capable of giving you a hangover in the next following second.

AGAIN?!

So Eun glared to whoever wanted to make eye-contact with her, and it happened to be Jongup. He was trying to look at anywhere else than the sea of girls gathered in front of them. Her glare didn't startle him at all; it wasn't actually giving the sensation of scariness like how it ought to be.

        This is rather cute. Jongup thought for himself, Who is she anyway? I haven't seen her this morning. He sat down on his chair. I really should have sat at the very back. He groaned.

Daehyun casually made his way to his seat. He placed himself on his chair comfortably and casted his backpack on the floor. He didn't seem to have noticed the presence of someone else next to him since he hadn't even thrown her a glance, not like So Eun minded.

                   Why do I have a boy as my seatmate.. She shifted on her chair a bit further from Daehyun. I'm not going to support their presence if it's for my ears to suffer this much every single time. She closed her eyes momentarily and sighed. She went back to study after Mrs Ahn announced the beginning of mathematics class.

 

---

 

         “Do you guys wanna come to home for a sleepover tonight?” Young Jae proposed everyone as they exited the school. I can't. The eldest said straightly. Everyone looked a bit surprised at his fast answer, but the next second, their faces turned devilish. Especially Himchan's one.

         “Hyung~” he started, with a voice sending chills down Yongguk's spine, “What are you hiding from us? I don't remember you having such crimson red cheeks before.” He smirked at the shy Yongguk. “I don't get what you mean, it's simply hot here.” The leader lamely tried justifying himself. The glacial wind blew on their faces, confirming that Yongguk just lied. It can't possibly be hot right now. “Ok, I have a date with Ji Eun. AND, please spare me with your annoying comments, ok?” He acknowledged, “I'm going. See you guys tomorrow!” He swiftly walked past them and climbed onto his scooter before speeding off.

         “Did you guys see how Hyung looked embarrassed! I'm crying!!” Daehyun laughed his off and couldn't suppress the tears of joy from blooming out of his eyes. This is the usual teasing and sarcastic side of him.

The others were laughing along with him, but were actually more preoccupied to contemplate the old playful side of Daehyun which was offering to them.

         “Anyway, can you guys come?” Young Jae asked once again after all the laughing created by Yongguk ended. They nodded their heads. “I will just need to pass by home to take some clothes! We still have school tomorrow.” As always he cares for his looks, the authentic Himchan spoke. “Same for me,” Zelo exclaimed, “I need to bring my skateboard!”

         “Ok guys! See you at home. Hyung, Jongup, let's go?” Young Jae proposed, “Akay!” 

 

---

 

        “Mum! How are you? I will bring guys home for a sleepover. You don’t mind right?” Young Jae’s voice was heard by her mother at the other side of the handset. “No problem, of course it’s okay. I’m not going home tonight for dinner, sorry if I can’t cook for you guys.” Mrs Yoo excused herself, “Oh waeyo?” “I’m eating with a friend. Oh So Eun-ah you came! Where is your mother?” Young Jae was left hanging on the phone, “Mum?” “Oh yes dear I’m here. I have to leave you now, say hello to the boys on my behalf. Don’t sleep too late huh? I’m coming back around 10 p.m” “I get it mum. See you tonight!”

       “Again that So Eun.. I have to retell who she is! It sounds too familiar.” Young Jae pondered aloud. “So, what did your mum say?” Daehyun interrupted his friend’s reflection. “She agreed, we even have the whole house for ourselves until 10 p.m” Young Jae smiled, “Playstation?” Daehyun asked a rhetorical question. “Yeees! Let’s go!”

 

---

 

       “I’m hungry by now. Let’s go eat something at ajumma’s shop?” Daehyun posed his controller on the side and leaned backwards against the couch. “Good idea hyung!” Zelo stood up and stretched, which made him look even taller.                      

       “Junhong-ah, stop growing.. It’s complexing me.” Jongup darkened. “You’re not the only one thinking the same!” Himchan sighed. Junhong just apologetically grinned at his hyungs. He can’t do anything about it in any case.

     

      “So did you like the first day of school at Songju?” Young Jae spoke after they settled down on a table. “Is your class cool?” He adressed his question to everyone. “Normal.” Junhong and Himchan responded in sync, “There’s nothing special right, hyung?” the maknae titled his head questioningly, “Yes. However there’s some pretty girls!” he grinned. Daehyun rolled his eyes and continued eating his appetizing ramyun. “And you Jonguppie?” Jongup scratched his head and was thinking of what he could tell about.. “Hmm.. I guess it was normal.”

            Should I talk about that girl? No.. I will keep it for myself first.

       “I hadn’t paid attention to anything, neither did I pay some for anyone.” Daehyun shrugged. While talking, he unwillingly burnt his tongue with the way-too-hot soup of his noodles. “AHHHHHH HOT HOT HOT!!” He shouted like a hysterical kid and jumped on both his feet.

       “Hahahahahahahahha” The group was laughing the uproarious state of the poor hurt Daehyun, “YAH DON’T YOU DARE LAUGH AT MEEEEE!” he scowled and shot daggers at them.

           

It’s good to see you back, Daehyun.

 

***

 

The action will really take place from the next chapter. :)