One Morning

I Can't Hear Your Voice

A/N : The Italics sentences are what So Eun says. Since she's mute, she can only think. Let's say you understood what I meant ;p


 

Silent steps, nearly noticeable, were approaching the kitchen.

Mrs Moon was used to hear two kind of sounds in the house : one was the melodious melody coming from her daughter's room when the latter was strumming skillfully the cords of her accoustic guitar ; the second was the sound coming from the small steps she took when she is walking around their house. Silent, delicate, soundless steps yet Mrs Moon manages everytime to hear them coming.

The second after her ears perked up upon hearing those steps making their way towards her, she knew what was going to happen afterwards.

So Eun has back-hugged her mother at the exact moment Mrs Moon actually predicted. She thought walking in tip-toe would let her be able to surprise her mother in a good way but she failed, again.

          "Daughter, next time, try to be more discreet." Mrs Moon sent her daughter a wink, resulting of So Eun wrikling her nose in disappointment.

Aish chincha! How did she manage to hear me ? 

          "I have an excellent audition dear." Her mother responded her nonchalantly, as if she heard what So Eun was saying to herself in her head. She rolled her eyes but ended up chuckling. 

Curious thing is that although she can't utter a word, small chuckling can be heard when she's laughing. That's the only sound her entourage was ever able to hear since she turned mute at the age of 12.

          "Dear, sit. I have prepared the pancakes you like. Get some energy before starting your tiring day!" Her mother, the most wonderful, the best mother, as So Eun often repeated, said as she placed two plates of this sweet yellow food on the table. 

So Eun nodded and started bouncing happily, showing her satisfaction. She went to give a kiss on her mum's cheek before digging in her breakfast. 

So delicious~ she sing-sang in her head.

 

After finishing her breakfast, she went back to her room to prepare herself. She wore her clothes rapidly before grabbing her backpack and heading off.

Sorry Mum, I'm already running late, you will forgive me if I don't kiss you goodbye right ?

"Daughter, did you f-" 

 

BAM !

 

Mrs Moon was wearing a surprised expression for two seconds before waving her head, laughing. 

           "So she won't change. Always running late for school. And she didn't even kiss me goodbye. Naughty girl." Her mother chuckled at her daughter behavior. As she walked to the salon, on the table, she saw a white paper with words written in an eye-catching pink color :

 

I'm coming back at around 7pm tonight. Don't worry, I will be with Bo Ra and Tae Woo. Love U mum, Have a nice day!

XOXO. S.E

 

 

_________

 

Where are theeeeeey ? So Eun was peeking here and there, trying desperately to spot the persons she had been longing to see coming.

           "SO EUN!!!" two combined loud voices startled her to the extent that she felt as if her heart had dropped. 

Goodness! Crazy much these two. She laughed at the two idiots running towards her at a dangerous speed. Her smile slowly faded and a terrified facial expression took its place.

Yah.. Wait.. Wait.. Waaaaait Too late. The two has already pulled her into a suffocating hug. She was completely sandwiched between fools, at 7.30am in the morning, at the bus station. Great. Just great.

Are those morons really my bestfriends? So Eun smiled at her own confirmation. Of course they are

           "Eunnie! I missed you! How have you been?? Good?" Bo Ra excitedly started throwing questions at So Eun which made her smile even more. They had a short school break of four days.

           "Yah stop daydreaming!" Tae Woo flicked her forehead as So Eun let out a tiny sound of sorrow. She rubbed the sore spot and glared hardly at her friend. 

           "Don't give me that look!" He raised his arms in surrender and Bo Ra slapped his head as he jerked forwards and almost lost his balance.

           "Don't play tricks like this anymore, it hurts a lot. Last time you did it to me, I had a mark that lasted two weeks! You psychopath!" she started scolding Tae Woo as the latter widened his eyes in displeasure.

"What was that for?! You started! And who is the psycho here? Mad girl!" He argued back.

They're like childrens again. I can't believe it. So Eun sighed although she can't deny it was fun to watch them bickering. But she didn't want them to be late for school so she urged the two into the bus without them realizing they were being pushed. 

She took out a notebook, a pen and wrote

 

YOU BOTH ARE PSYCHO. SO BOTH OF YOU STOP THAT STUPID CAT FIGHT THAT NEARLY MADE US MISS THE BUS. LUCKILY I WAS HERE *smirk*

 

She put the piece of paper in front of their faces for them to read it. 

          "I know you too pretty girl, you're one crazy woman, don't fake being all wise." Bo Ra hip-bumped her bestie as So Eun raised her eyebrow at her. 

What does it have to do with that? Well, she sometimes get a bit too excited, especially at home when she's with Bo Ra. But she can't say that So Eun is a crazy girl! 

          "Don't forget I'm here too." Tae Woo made a face, feeling a bit forgotten. Both the girls stuck their tongues out at him, grinning. Shortly after, So Eun went to give him a warm hug and squished his left cheek. She mimicked a pouting face and then made a cross sign, as to tell him not to think that way. 

He smiled in return of her lovable gesture and patted her head.

 

They arrived at the school gate the minute before the school bell rang.

Lucky we are! So Eun heaved a sigh of relief and made her way to the lockers along with her bestfriends. 

         "What subject do you have right now?" Bo Ra asked her as she was taking her book for history class. So Eun showed her her math book and grinned in happiness. Yeah, So Eun likes mathematics. She likes to study in general, but that doesn't make her a nerd or whatever. 

She isn't in the same class as Tae Woo and Bo Ra this year, unfortunately. So Eun's in class 2-11, Bo Ra 2-7 and Tae Woo 2-8. They still can see each other during recreation and lunch time though. 

"See you later girls!" the boy friend waved at the two as he went to the direction of his classroom.

School starts again.. And November is also coming, bringing along the cold weather. So Eun shivered at the thought of the cold winter awaiting her. She sighed and headed towards her classroom.