Chapter 5

Café et Dessert

“Hyung! Let me introduce. This is Sehun, Luhan hyung’s boyfriend, and this is Kim Jongin or Kai, my boss.” Kyungsoo pulled Suho over to introduce him to the gang. “Everyone, meet Kim Junmyeon, but we usually call him Suho. He’s my senior back in high school.”

“Nice to meet you. I’m Kim Junmyeon. Thank you for taking care of Kyunggie. He must be a handful right? I bet he’s still as clumsy as ever.” Suho teased Kyungsoo, making the shorter male blush.

“Hyung… Stop that… It’s embarrassing.” Kyungsoo whined as he covered his red face with his hands. Kyunggie? Seriously, what type of nickname is that? It sounds so wrong when he says it… Jongin thought bitterly as he frowned at the interaction between his employee and the new comer.

“Kyungsoo, it’s time to clean up. Sehun, you help out too.” Jongin ordered before making his way to the cashier and counting their sales for the day. Kyungsoo tilted his head in confusion, wondering about Jongin’s sudden mood change before he went on to get the broom and mop from the storage room.

Meanwhile, Suho observed the boss of the café. He gave off a very dominating and mysterious aura, one that most girls would find attractive, not to mention his height and toned muscles hidden beneath his long sleeved white shirt and to top it off, he was really handsome. Somehow, Suho couldn’t help but feel threatened by this man.

“Suho hyung! Sorry but I need to clean up here. How about you come back another day? I’ll let you try some of the desserts we sell then.” Kyungsoo reemerged from the storage room.

“It’s fine. I’ll just wait for you to finish cleaning up, and then I’ll give you a ride home. Who knows what types of people are out there nowadays? They might just find you too irresistible and kidnap you!” Suho stated before taking a seat at a corner.

Aren’t you talking about yourself? Jongin thought bitterly as he continued counting the sales for the day, occasionally taking a peek at Kyungsoo. The petite male was lugging the mop pail around, his skinny arms trembling from the efforts. Jongin sighed as he put down the money and went over to Kyungsoo to help.

“You should leave this to Sehun. He’s obviously stronger than you.” Jongin stated while grabbing the mop pail from him. Kyungsoo looked at him with his wide eyes, lips forming a pout at being called weak. He dropped his head as he began mopping the place, wondering why his boss was being mean one moment then nice the next. Does he have some bipolar personality?

Meanwhile, Suho kept observing the interaction between Jongin and Kyungsoo. He sensed something going on with the two of them. Even though the tanned male treated Kyungsoo coldly, whenever he needed help, Jongin would be there. Sadly, being the dense person he was at love, Kyungsoo never noticed a thing. That’s why back in high school, Kyungsoo didn’t notice Suho’s feelings towards him. Everytime Suho hinted about his feelings, Kyungsoo would just smile back at him. It frustrated him to no end. The boy was a genius when it came to making desserts, yet he knows nothing about love. Unfortunately, before Suho had the chance to confess to Kyungsoo directly, he graduated from high school, and being the popular kid he was, he didn’t manage to even see Kyungsoo at the graduation party.

“Hyung? What’s wrong with you? If you’re tired you can just go back. I’ll be fine on my own.” Suho woke up from his memories, looking up to see Kyungsoo’s big brown orbs staring at him. He shook his head and assured Kyungsoo he was fine.

“Listen, you should just go back. Kyungsoo need to stay back for a while to discuss the new menu with me. I’ll send him back myself.” Jongin appeared beside Kyungsoo, his eyes and tone indicating to Suho that he wasn’t welcomed.

“Wait, what menu? You didn’t mention it before!” Kyungsoo eyes grew bigger at the comment. Just because he’s the boss doesn’t mean he can do whatever he likes. And anyway, what does he mean he’ll send me home? Since when is he so nice?

Sehun and Luhan looked at Suho and Jongin having a silent battle with worried eyes. Afraid a fight might begin, Luhan stepped forward and pulled Suho to his feet, “I’ll bring Kyungsoo home. How about you go back first? You’ll at least trust me with my own cousin right?”

Suho glanced at Luhan before turning back to Kyungsoo and Jongin.

“Fine. I’ll come back soon Kyunggie, alright? Take care. I’ll see you soon!” Suho smiled at Kyungsoo, pecking him on the cheeks before leaving. Seeing what happened right in front of him, Jongin clenched his fist, trying to control his temper before Suho ends up in hospital.

“Hyung!” Kyungsoo shouted in embarrassment, covering his blushing face. Suho chuckled aat his cuteness before finally leaving the café.

The atmosphere after Suho left was tense. The silence was suffocating. No one dared to speak, and judging by Jongin’s foul mood, it’s best if they stayed silent.

“Kyungsoo! Ready to head home?” Luhan asked after they cleaned up.

“We still have to discuss the new menu. You guys go on ahead. Have a date or something.” The couple glanced at each other before agreeing to the idea and took their leave.

 

Even though Jongin said they were going to plan a new menu, in reality he just wanted to spend more time with Kyungsoo. He couldn’t bear the thought of Suho bringing Kyungsoo home. Who knows what might happen between them. Suho may force himself on poor, innocent Kyungso or worse, Kyungsoo may be a willing party?

“Boss? What should we change in the menu? Personally, I think the menu is fine as it is.” Kyungsoo asked, unaware of the thoughts that were going through Jongin’s head. Jongin hummed to indicate he was listening.

“Maybe we could create a set? Like a breakfast set for those going to work or school.” Jongin suggested, deciding to push those weird ideas aside.

They were so engrossed in the new menu that they both lost track of time. Before they knew it, it was already midnight. Jongin was writing something in his notebook, asking for Kyungsoo’s opinion when he noticed that the older had already dozed off. Jongin smiled as he observed Kyungsoo’s features. Big, round eyes hidden beneath those long lashes; pale, flawless skin that would put dermatologists out of business; red, pouty lips that forms a heart-shape whenever he smiled. Kyungsoo looked like an angel sent from above. Jongin wondered how Kyungsoo’s lips tasted. Do they taste as sweets as his desserts?

Unconsciously, Jongin kept leaning forwards until their faces were inches apart. He lifted his hand to brush away some stray hairs covering his beautiful face. He his lips in anticipation, when Kyungsoo started to stir in his sleep. Jongin then realized what he was doing and immediately pulled back, just as Kyungsoo opened his eyes.

“I… fell asleep?” He tried to rub the sleep out of his eyes as he sat up straight.

“It’s late already. We can continue this some other time. Let’s just lock up and head home.” Jongin cleared his throat before packing his things in a hurry.

Kyungsoo nodded, though his mind was still hazy with sleep. He was still half-asleep when Jongin locked up the café. The taller looked at him worriedly. How can he go home in this state? And I’m still too young to own a car, so I can’t give him a lift back. Luhan hyung will skin me alive if he knew I let Kyungsoo go home just like that.

“Come on. I’ll send you home. There’s no way you’ll make it back home if you’re half-asleep.” Jongin started walking towards the bus stop.

“Eh? But, don’t you stay in the opposite direction? I’ll be fine on my own.” Kyungsoo tried to convince his boss, but Jongin insisted with the excuse of ‘Luhan hyung is scary when he’s mad.’ Kyungsoo could only agree to that statement, having experienced first-hand how dangerous the feminine man is when he’s ticked off.

Nearby, Luhan and Sehun had just finished their date, which consisted of a night movie and walk at the park opposite the café. They spotted the two walking together to the bus stop, and smiled to each other, knowing that things were starting to change for the better between them.


[A/N] Sooooo, this chapter is boring, i know. This is where Suho and Jongin started checking each other out. Like they say, you must know your rival. Anyway, how long do you think this fic should last? Comment below if I should end the fic soon or write more chapters. Thanks for the support!! ^^