Episode 4

Unconditional Love

Episode 4

 

                It became his habit to fetch Bomi every after her shift. He was asked once by Bomi why he is doing it and he just reasoned out that those girls might come back and bully her again; of course she said she can take care of herself but Hoya insisted and all she could do was to agree with him. But those were just Hoya’s excuse to see Bomi and everytime he won’t be able to fetch her, he would spam her inbox with messages like

‘how was your work?’

‘Where are you now?’

‘what time did you out?’

‘Did you go home safe?’

And if Bomi forgets to reply, he would call her non-stop just to know if she got home safe. That never irritated Bomi. In fact, she is happy that Hoya is caring for her. That at last someone is concern about her.

 

“Hey Hoya” Hoya was shock to see Sunggyu while he was on his way to fetch Bomi from her work. He invited him to hang-out but he refused because he promised he would fetch Bomi that night.

“oh!hyung”

“I thought you’re busy? What are you doing out here?” the older asked

“i’m going to fetch Bomi” the moment Hoya said those words, Sunggyu’s eyes meaningfully darted to Hoya’s

“You ditched me for... a girl? For Bomi? What a nice friend... tsk” Sunggyu acted hurt

“Hey! It’s not like that... it’s because I promised Bomi okay?”  Hoya defended. He doesn’t want his friend to know that he is starting to like Bomi. He would laugh at him. THEY would laugh at him, and think he is weak and of course it would hurt his pride.  “where are you going anyway?” he asked trying to change the topic.

“Just somewhere... since I’m freaking bored, and my bestfriend refused to go out with me because of a girl” Sunggyu pouted like a little kid

Hoya was about to answer back but Sunggyu put an arm around his shoulder “and since you are going to see Bomi, I decided to go with you”

“what? And when did you decide that? I did not invite you hyung!”

“just a moment ago...” the side of his lip was pulled upward as he looked at Hoya “Don’t worry, I won’t take your Bomi away from you... She is all yours”

Hoya’s eyes widened “W-What?? M-My B-Bomi? Yah Hyung...” but sunggyu already started dragging him without letting him whine anymore.

 

 

 

Hoya was looking at his feet while walking that he did not notice his friend stop. He felt a tap on his tummy that made him stopped and looked at sunggyu “eh? Hyung? Something wrong?” but sunggyu did not answer and was looking straight, he followed sunggyu’s eyes and saw Bomi talking to a guy with mouth wide open because she is laughing to whatever the guy is telling her. Hoya’s thick eyebrows met and formed into a frown.

‘who is that guy? I’ve never seen him before and I’m sure he’s not from our school. And what the heck are they doing? Having a date outside the restaurant? And why does she look so happy, with mouth so wide she can almost eat that stupid guy’

Sunggyu looked at Hoya’s reaction and was satisfied when he saw the reaction he wants to see to prove that his theory is correct. His friend loves Bomi. He noticed that these past few days (or weeks) Hoya is becoming more and more close to Bomi. And he knows it’s not because of the bet anymore. He noticed how big Hoya’s smile is everytime he and Bomi talk and laugh at each other’s jokes that only they could understand. How he mentions Bomi’s name when he is telling them how wide Bomi’s mouth when she laughs, how big eater she is and etc and etc. For short, his mouth is full of BOMI. Sometimes he wonders if Hoya is still on their bet because the way he acts, it seems like it was him who is falling for Bomi. And now, he noticed how angry Hoya’s face is while staring at Bomi who is having a conversation with a guy.

‘Seems like his nose and ears are letting out fire’ sunggyu silently chuckled

‘is she too engrossed with their little chit-chat that she doesn’t notice me?’

“Yah! Yoon Bomi” Hoya cannot contain his feelings anymore, shouted, for her to notice that he is already there. Bomi whipped her head and waved her hand to Hoya then back to the guy she was talking.

‘what the-‘

“ohhh they seemed close” Sunggyu said while looking at his friend sideways to see his reaction and Hoya’s face darkened.

Bomi smiled then bowed to the guy before running towards them.

“oh?sunggyu you’re here too?” Bomi smiled to the guy beside Hoya.

“now you noticed” Hoya murmured before turning away and started walking leaving the curious Bomi who looked at his friend for an answer but sunggyu just shrugged his shoulders.

“yah! Lee Howon! Why so grumpy?” she chased Hoya then walked beside him.

He stopped and stared at Bomi “who was that guy earlier?”

Bomi think for a while “ahhh... Chanyeol Oppa?”

“O-Oppa?” he asked again and Bomi nodded not aware that Hoya is already angry “you call that guy oppa?”

“he is older so I should call him oppa... right?” Bomi innocently asked.

“you did not even call Sunggyu-Hyung ‘oppa’ even though he’s already a grandpa” Hoya said motioning his head to the guy who was just standing a few feet away from them who looks so amused watching their ‘little drama’.

“then... should I call Sunggyu... Harabeoji?” Bomi joked but Hoya did not even laugh or smile and just kept on staring at her with his hands on his hips.

“aish! Seriously do they have to insult me?” Sunggyu muttered to himself.

“yah! Lee Howon what’s wrong?” Bomi became serious but Hoya did not even answer “ Chanyeol Oppa is just being friendly okay? He just accompanied me earlier because-”

“You let him accompany you? What if he’s some kind of maniac stalking you and-” he stopped talking when he saw Bomi crossing her arms in front of her chest “what? I’m just stating some fact”

“Fact? It’s being judgemental Howon”

“Hey why are you defending that guy?”

Sunggyu have to literally shift his head from Bomi to Hoya then to Bomi then back to Hoya again.

“That guy has a name okay? His name is CHAN-YEOL” Bomi emphasized the two syllables but Hoya did not care because he doesn’t have a plan on remembering that guy’s name.

“I don’t care what his name is... just don’t trust that Chenny easily”

Bomi rolled her eyes in annoyance and continued walking but Hoya blocked her way “Do- Do you like this Chanyoung?”

“His name is Chanyeol! Not Chanyoung! Not Chenny!” Bomi sighed “look Howon, I appreciate you being concern and that...but you are being overprotective... I’m not a kid anymore” she glanced at Hoya in disappointment before walking past him.

All Hoya can do was look at Bomi’s back walking away from him. ‘what did you do Lee Howon’

A tap on his shoulder woke him up “I can’t understand girls, hyung...” he calmly said still looking at Bomi’s back walking further and further.

“that’s why they are weird” Sunggyu shook his head “but... to be honest, you are being over protective Hoya”

‘it’s because I’m just concern!”

“are you sure it’s just concern?” Hoya looked at his hyung and met his challenging look.

“what do you mean?” he looked at his hyung with a frown

Sunggyu shrugged his shoulders before answering “I don’t know... figure it out by yourself” then walked away leaving a very curious Hoya.

“what does he mean? I’m sure it’s just concern...” he asked himself trying to assess his feelings. Then it struck him! His eyes grew Big “I’m not jealous, Am I?”

Upon hearing it just feet away from Hoya, a grin was formed on Sunggyu’s lips “pft!at least it did not took him long to realize that”

 

 

Bomi dropped her body to her soft bed the moment she entered her apartment and stared at the blank ceiling. “Yoon Bomi... what have you done, Howon was just concern...and he has a point though... you overreacted! AISH!” she frustratingly messes her hair. Remembering all she said to Hoya earlier made her angry at herself. She just realized that she has fault too when she was already inside the bus. She waited for Hoya to call or text, but she received NONE. How many times she glanced at her phone? She didn’t know either. She sat down and took out her phone hoping to see messages or just even a single message from Hoya. Again, she saw none.

“what do you expect? He’ll call you and say sorry? Pft! Dream on Yoon Bomi! He’ll never call you EVER AGAIN!” she was holding her phone in front of her face and started talking to it as if it is alive and can hear all her complains.

A sudden ring made her threw it into her bed “oh my gosh!” she peeked to see who is calling and her jaw dropped when she saw it was Hoya. “eottokhae! How could I answer him after what all that I said to him earlier?” she was having trouble whether to answer it or just let it ring until it ends.

 

 

 

“why isn’t she picking up the phone? Is she still angry at me?” Hoya on the other side nervously murmured while holding his phone next to his ear. “what if she’s REALLY angry at me? Aish! I don’t even know what to tell her” he was about to end it when he heard Bomi’s voice.

 

“Yobosaeyo? Lee H-Howon?” she answered her phone with a shaking hand. She doesn’t know what made her very nervous.

“I’m sorry” both of them said at the same time.

“why are you sorry?” again, they both asked.

They chuckled upon hearing how nervous each other’s voices are.

“so, we’re okay now?” Bomi know that even though she can’t see Hoya, she knew, he is smiling.

“we are always okay, Howon”

They chatted for how almost an hour about what happened to each other’s day like no misunderstanding happened earlier. Hoya still wanted to talk to Bomi, but he heard her yawn on the other line that made him smile.

“go to sleep Bomi, see you tomorrow”

Bomi yawned once again “arasso, Good Night Howon oppa” the last word came out just a murmur because she already went to dreamland dropping her phone to the floor.

 

Hoya blinked a few times ‘did she just call me oppa?’ he clutched his chest ‘weird! Why do I feel like this... Am I...’ then he walked back and forth inside his room while shaking his head ‘NO! I can’t be... I should not be!’  Then he landed his back on the soft mattress of his bed resting both of his arms under his head ‘who am I kidding... I’m already falling for her’ he admitted and smiled at himself and went to sleep hoping he’ll meet Bomi in his dreams.

 

 

Hoya, Sunggyu and Dongwoo are outside their classroom waiting for their class to start.

‘Good night Howon OPPA’ Hoya can’t help but smile everytime he remembers Bomi calling him oppa last night.

Dongwoo caught Hoya smiling and nudged Sunggyu who has his earphone on his ears that time “what?” the older asked removing his earphone. Dongwoo leaned closer to Sunggyu’s ear and whispered “Look at Hoya, he is smiling all by himself... don’t you find it weird?”

Sunggyu shifted his eyes to Hoya but instead all he saw was Eunji laughing while scrolling something on her phone then when she caught of the sight of sunggyu staring at her, she quickly stopped laughing and gave him a glare before walking inside their classroom. Sunggyu find it amusing and chuckled then put his earphone back making Dongwoo more confuse.

“These two are weird!” he shook his head while looking at his two friends with smiles on their faces then he saw Sungyeol. His eyes went wide when he saw Sungyeol with someone.

“Is that Sungyeol?” Hoya quickly followed Dongwoo’s eyes and saw what made the guy’s eyes grew wide.

“Sungyeol?”

Hoya and the rest went near to the two who just arrived “why are you two together?” Hoya has to say thanks to Dongwoo later for voicing out his question.

“we met outside the building so we decided to just walk here together” Sungyeol explained then they exchanged looks with Bomi when they heard no one responds. Hoya’s face definitely does not look happy. Sunggyu looks disappointed and Dongwoo looks shock with dropped jaws and with wide eyes

“uhmm... is something wrong?” Bomi has to break the silence “if...if you don’t want me... seeing with... sungyeol oppa-“

“OPPA?” Hoya did not mean to shout but he was just shock that Bomi is now calling sungyeol ‘oppa’

“I thought you want me to call older guys oppa?” she tilted her head unable to understand Hoya’s behaviour and Sunggyu who knows what’s happening has to literally face palmed and shook his head.

Hoya wanted to say something but instead, he grabbed her hands and dragged her away from the group.

“this day is the weirdest day ever!” dongwoo complained then went inside their classroom

“what’s wrong with Hoya?” Sungyeol followed Hoya and Bomi’s direction with a frown before following Dongwoo.

“Please let me have smart friends!! Am I the only one who is expert in Love here?” Sunggyu desperately sighed.

 

 

“Lee Howon, is dragging a girl your habit?” Bomi commented. They are now at the rooftop and Hoya still hasn’t let go of her hand.

Hoya faced her still holding her hand “Bomi! You are making me crazy! You know that?” he scowled.

“W-What do you mean?” Bomi was stuttering, trying hard to hide how nervous she is that time seeing Hoya so angry.

Hoya let go of her hands, turned his back and frustratingly messes his own hair ‘I can’t believe i’m confessing this early’

“I...I just don’t want to call you others ‘oppa’” Hoya said still his back facing Bomi.

“I thought you want be to call older guys as oppa?”

“that was last night...but now I don’t want you calling any other guys ‘oppa’” this time Hoya calmed down as he faces Bomi then walked towards her “you called me ‘oppa’ last night so-“

“wait! I called you ‘oppa’ last night?” Bomi cut him off

“you don’t remember?” and Bomi frowned “last night...when you were about to sleep?” but that made Bomi’s frown go deeper.

“But-“

Hoya cut Bomi by quickly cupping her cheeks and pressing his lips to her lips. Bomi was shock because of the sudden kiss. It happened so fast, she doesn’t even have time to stop Hoya. But all her hesitations were gone as she slowly closed her eyes and felt Hoya’s lips on her lips. This feeling is so new to her. This is her first kiss and just like what she reads in books, first kisses taste so sweet that she felt butterflies in her stomach. They stayed in that position for a couple of seconds (or minutes) before breaking the kiss. Bomi doesn’t want to open her eyes afraid that it was all just a dream, but when she opened her eyes, she saw Hoya’s face just inches away from and he was still cupping her cheeks while he leans his forehead to hers.

 

Eunji was about to scream when she saw what happened but luckily, someone covered and pulled her to the side. Earlier, she saw Hoya dragging Bomi, so she decided to follow them in case Bomi needs some help. Sunggyu saw her and decided to come with her. Good thing Sunggyu was there or else Eunji could have ruined the moment by her scream. He covered Eunji’s mouth dragging her to the side; her back was leaning to Sunggyu’s body and stayed to that position until Eunji realizes their positon. She looked at Sunggyu’s other hand that is not covering . She quickly shoved his hands away from and escaped from sunggyu’s arm that was wrapped around her waist.

“ert!” Eunji irritatingly said giving a Sunggyu a smack on his left arm and he winced in pain “yah!what did I do?” he asked while rubbing his arm that Eunji just smacked.

Eunji’s hands were on her hips as she scoffed “seriously this guy” she murmured before continuing “ask yourself you !” she quickly walked away but Sunggyu grabbed her hand and spun her around “yah! How dare you call me -“ and he has to winced in pain again for Eunji punched his tummy with her free hand.

“never mess with Jung Eunji! Arasso?” she shoved sunggyu’s hand and ran away.

After recovering from pain, he quickly chased Eunji up to their classroom.

 

 

“Wh-What was that Howon?” Bomi asked shyly looking at Hoya who is looking directly at her eyes.

Hoya chuckled hearing how innocent she is and seeing how her face looked like a red tomato. He took a deep breath then whispered “Look Bomi...I... Like you.. .and when I heard you called me ‘oppa’ last night, you don’t know how happy I was, I felt so special... and now, I don’t want you calling any other guys ‘oppa’ because I want that it’s only me you’ll call ‘oppa’... I don’t want to be like any other guys... I want to be special”

It took a few seconds before Bomi understood what Hoya means. She was so happy that she quickly wrapped her hands around Hoya’s neck and hugged him. Hoya smiled and wrapped his hands around Bomi’s waist pulling her closer “I love you Yoon Bomi” he whispered to her ears.

Bomi stared at Hoya with a big smile on her face “I love you too Lee Howon oppa” and Hoya closed their distance by claiming her lips again. This time, tasting Bomi’s lips even more.

‘I thought only first kiss is sweet... how come our second kiss still feels the same?’

 

 

When Bomi went out of her apartment, she saw Hoya waiting for her “Howon... why are you here?” she went near him and she instantly received a flick on her forehead “yah! Why did you do that?” she pouted while rubbing her forehead

“first, for calling me ‘Howon’ and not ‘oppa’, second, for asking me why I’m here... did you forgot we are already a couple so we should go to school together”

“really? Do we have to do that everyday?”

“why? You don’t want us walking to school together?”

“it’s not like that! I mean, your house is NOT just a feet away that you can easily come here every morning” she pointed out.

“it’s no big deal” Hoya shrugged his shoulders and while gripping the straps of his backpack.

“but-“

Hoya held her hand and started walking with her “case closed!” he gave Bomi an eyesmile that made the blushing girl chuckle. ‘I can’t believe that I’m in love with this guy’

“wait! We’ll just walk?”

“You just noticed it now? I don’t have a car yet because my dad said I should wait till I graduate, besides walking together is more sweet...like in dramas” he playfully wiggled his eyebrows.

Bomi laughed then rolled her eyes “You watch too much drama”

“I know girls love it... specially walking hand in hand with their boyfriends like this” he brought up their clasped hands just enough for Bomi to see it “Am I right? Or Am I right?”

She shook her head “agioo how did you become so aegyo-ful?”

“blame yourself! It’s because of you... and don’t worry I’m only like this with you”

“sweet talker” Bomi murmured

 

 

 

Dongwoo sighed while leaning his back at his locker and Sunggyu, who just closed his locker, noticed Dongwoo’s facial expression “yah! What’s with the sigh? And with that face? Did someone die?” he started walking and Dongwoo followed him

“Hyung, I think we lost”

“what do you mean?”

“Didn’t you notice Hoya and Bomi? I think Bomi already fell for Hoya... that means I’ll be giving my 5 months allowance to that Sungyeol” Dongwoo can now imagine Sungyeol’s victory smile and that irritated him “Aish! What am I gonna be in the next 5 months? A beggar?” he keeps on complaining while Sunggyu does not mind him because he knew in Hoya already forgot about the bet they made.

“wait!” Dongwoo grabbed his hyung’s sleeve when he realized something “You only gave him2 months right? But it’s already 2 and a half months!” his face started to lit up “and Hoya did not told us if they are already together or not! Which means...?” He faces his hyung who still has his poker face on “WE WON THE BET!”

“yah! Keep quiet Dongwoo!” Sunggyu wanted to kill Dongwoo for having such a loud voice. He doesn’t want anybody to know about the bet they made because for sure if it reaches Bomi, she would misunderstand everything that Hoya has done for her.

“I know you wanna say thanks...but later hyung, I’m still gonna claim my prize!” Sunggyu wanted to stop him, but his dongsaeng already ran away.

“oh no!” Sunggyu facepalmed and shook his head.

 

“a bet? So everything was because of a bet?” a student heard it that was hiding at the corner the whole time.

 

 

-end of episode 4-

 

Author's Note:

FORGIVE MEEEEEE!! i'm sorry for the long wait.. i have reasonS.. first, our signal was down because of typhoon Yolanda so i was not able to update this ..then second, i was really busy...as in really...really busy..my duty is now monday-friday.. so i think the only day i will be able to update is every weekend... but i still hope you continue loving this fic... episode 5 is on the wayyy~~ 

and if you have any questions or whatever... you can reach me through twitter @kkumagerry thanks^^