Episode 2

Unconditional Love

Episode 2

 

                She felt hands covered her eyes while walking “Yah! Eunji! Why—“ the smile on Bomi’s lips disappeared when she turned around and saw that it is not Eunji, but rather a guy. She knows the guy is from her class too, but she doesn’t know his name because she doesn’t bother herself knowing every name of her classmates. She just bowed a little thinking that maybe the guy thought she’s someone else. She quickly walked away but the guy chased her and is now on her side.

“Hey! I just want us to be friends” but Bomi ignored him “my name’s Hoya by the way” he offered his hand for a handshake but Bomi just looked at his outstretched hand then to his smiling face “are you drunk?” Hoya shook his head cutely ‘this will melt her heart…for sure’

“then I think you’re out of your mind” Bomi harshly said then continued walking

‘okay, maybe not’ he followed her again ‘seriously! No one ignores my aegyo’ “Hey Bomi” he called and Bomi angrily whipped her head and looked at Hoya “look! I don’t want to be rude but please stop this nonsense… go find other girl you can play with” then went to their classroom. Sunggyu, Sungyeol and Dongwoo  who happened to witness everything laughed at him. Hoya heaved out an angry sigh then gave those three a ‘just-wait’ look. He then proceed to the seat next to Bomi and shoved the guy who is sitting there beside her and quickly sat down “From now on, I’ll be the one sitting here, understand?” he told the guy he just shoved and all their classmates looked at him curiously.

what’s wrong with him?’

‘he’s going to sit next to that nerd?’

‘of all people, why bomi? That stupid nerd girl’

Murmurs are surfacing their classroom but Hoya acted as if he hears nothing while Bomi closed her eyes in frustration ‘great! Just great’ “I don’t know why you’re doing this but PLEASE STOP!” Bomi said then took out her book and started reading. Hoya still kept on persuading her by showing some of his aegyo which made sunggyu and the rest almost vomit.

“He is serious about this” Dongwoo commented while trying his best not to laugh at the sight of Hoya doing (awkward) aegyos.

 

 

“Aside from being a nerd and fashion terrorist, what is wrong with her?” Hoya complained between gritted teeth. It’s been 3 days since he started persuading Bomi, he showed his cute side, his cool side, his manly side, and even his y side but still no progress. It even irritated Bomi more. Their classmates now see him as a weirdo guy because of those weird things he’s doing to Bomi. At first he thought Bomi is just playing hard to get, but no, Bomi is really firn with her decision not to be friends with him.

“giving up? I thought you only need 3 days” Sunggyu leaned his back at the rails behind him while looking at Hoya who have his hands on the rail while looking down at the students their own thing on the school ground. It was break time and they are on the rooftop.

“who said I’m giving up? Just give me more time”

“I told you she’s not easy… I’m generous so still 2 months”

 

“Yah! Yoon Bomi” Eunji leaned closer and whispered “what’s with you and Hoya?”

Bomi who is reading a book stared at Eunji “nothing”

“don’t ‘nothing’ me Bomi”

“he’s just playing around, okay?” Bomi said with poker face and continued what she is reading

“but what if he really wants to be friend with you?”

Bomi put down her book because she know she won’t be able to concentrate because of Eunji Bombarding her with questions. Eunji wiggled her eyebrows as she waits for her answer “ a guy like him doesn’t want and would NEVER want to have a friend like me, I mean he’s popular and everything” she shrugged her shoulders then continued “then why all of a sudden he wants to be close to me? don’t you find that weird?”

“I find it sweet” Eunji smiled and Bomi just rolled her eyes “ c’mon Eunji, this is not a fairytale and a movie drama, I know Hoya got something under his sleeves so better ignore him”

“but WHAT IF he really likes you”

Bomi laughed with mouth wide open and Eunji have to look at her curiously ‘did I said something funny?’

“sorry, it’s just that… That is the the most impossible thing that’s gonna happen”

“but—“

“let’s just stop talking about Hoya, it’s getting us nowhere”

Eunji just pouted “I really think he likes you” she murmured and Bomi glared at her “okay, okay I’ll shut up” she acted as if zipping .

 

 

5 days passed and those past 5 days, Hoya did nothing to impress Bomi, aside from ignoring her, he is also avoiding her. He went back to his proper seat and that made the guys really curious.

“yah! What happened to our bet?” Sunggyu poked his shoulder. They are now at the canteen having their snacks

“yah! Hyung, Dongwoo and I made a bet too, I don’t want to give my 5 months allowance to that Dino” sungyeol whined as he glared at Dongwoo who is also grinning widely as if he already won the bet. But Hoya just smiled at them.

“yah! Lee Hoya”  Sunggyu irritably said.

He shook his head “you guys really don’t know about girls… I’m playing ‘Push and Pull’, get it?” but the guys just gave him a ‘what-do-you-mean’ look. “look, girls will always miss those things what the guy usually does to them, get it?”

“so you’re ignoring Bomi on purpose?” Dongwoo asked while scratching his head and Hoya nodded

“what if she won’t miss you?” Sunggyu challenged him

“ she will, trust me”

 

On the other hand, the girl they are talking about just kept on playing her food. Not literally but she just keeps on dipping her spoon in and out of the cup of ice cream and of course her friend noticed it.

“yah Bomi, what’s wrong?”

Bomi pouted and lazily answered “nothing”

She stared at Bomi for awhile as if trying to read what’s on bomi’s mind “I think I know what it is” she snapped her fingers

“aish! Really Eunji it’s nothing”

“you’re so easy to read Bomi…” Eunji rested her right elbow on the table and rested her chin to her palm “it is about Hoya, isn’t it?”

Bomi’s eyes suddenly grew big as she looked at Eunji. ‘Bingo! Gotcha Yoon Bomi’

“it’s not about him”

“I’m not dumb Bomi, spill it out”

The other sighed in defeat and besides, she thinks she really need to let this out because it’s been bothering her for how many days… and nights. And she blames Hoya for those sleepless nights. ‘I can’t believe I miss his awkward aegyos and annoying presence’

“fine, it’s about him… well, I’m just curious… why…” she looked at her friend who is leaning closely with a ‘go-on’ look “why he suddenly stopped… you know bothering me” and before eunji misunderstood it she quickly supported her explanation “ it’s not that I like him or whatever okay?... just… curious”

Eunji clapped her hands “ n’aww my Bomi misses Hoya”

“I don’t … I’m not used to it already…without him bothering me all day and doing all those annoying things feels so different”  she shrugged her shoulders

“well, you want me to be honest with you?” eunji became serious

“nah, just lie to me please”

“yah!” she smack Bomi’s arm “I’m serious…okay I’ll be honest, I think you were very hard on him. our classmates calls him weirdo because of those things he did just to please you. For goodness sake bomi, he is Hoya! Lee Hoya known to be popular to girls and he was ready to humiliate himself for you and all you did was ignore him and throw harsh words”

Bomi pouted “I told you to just lie, why do you have to be so honest”

Eunji rolled her eyes “you hurt his pride Bomi”

“what should I do?”

“approach him”

“WHAT? No,no, no… thanks but no thanks eunji, next suggestion please!”

“it won’t hurt you approaching him okay? Saying sorry is the best solution Bomi, swallow your pride this time”

She thinks for awhile and looked at Eunji with pleading eyes “Help me?”

 

 

Eunji hates herself for giving this idea to Bomi and why did she even say yes to her when she asked her a favor. ‘you’re a great friend Jung Eunji’ she fixed her eyeglasses, the hems of her skirt and dusted off the imaginary dusts on her uniform “fighting Jung Eunji” she looked at Bomi who is standing not too far from her hushing her to go. She takes a deep breath and started walking towards the table where Hoya’s group is located.

The 4 boys stopped teasing each other then stared at the girl who just slammed her hand to the table. Eunji wanted to act cool but ended up hurting her hands “ouch! That hurts!”

“yah! Why are you here four eyes?” sunggyu went in front of her and crossed his arms that irritated Eunji “YAH! I’m not here for you small eyes”

“I know you like me jung eunji” he moved to Eunji’s side and put an arm on her shoulder

“NEVER in my whole life Kim Sunggyu” she shoved his hands away and walked closer to Hoya. Sunggyu’s small eyes grew big (there’s no difference though) “Y-yah!” he shouted but eunji just ignored him and faced Hoya “my friend says she’s sorry” she said as she handed him the can of juice

“friend who?”Hoya curiously asked

She pointed Bomi who is standing not so far from them who quickly looked away as Hoya and as well as the other guys’ eyes darted at her. Sunggyu scoffed “as if they have other friends” Eunji glared at him and showed him her clenched fist.

“she’s sorry for?”

“for ignoring you and being harsh to you”  ‘since when did I became bomi’s spoke person?’

Hoya gave the three guys a ‘I-told-you’ look “is she really sorry?” and Eunji nodded

He grabbed the can of juice and started walking towards Bomi.

“where are you going?” she tries to stop Hoya but she felt a hand on her wrist “yah! What are you doing?”

“you want to ruin their moment?” Sunggyu asked

“nope.. so let go of my hand now” Sunggyu quickly let it go and raised his hands in defense “as if I want to hold it longer”

 

Bomi looked around and started to panic when she saw Hoya walking towards her. ‘What’s wrong with him? Didn’t Eunji say she’s already sorry? I told her this is a bad idea.’ She doesn’t know whether to run or just stay. ‘But what should I say if he gets here?’

“hey Bomi” Hoya approached her with a smile

“H-Hey..Howon” she stared at then can of juice that Hoya is holding “you don’t like the flavor? I can change it… just forgive me for the harsh words I said, I don’t like it when someone is angry at me” she looked down but Hoya chuckled a little that cause her to look at him again

“sorry, I’m not angry at you… I’m just giving you space because I thought maybe you are annoyed by my presence…”

“really?”

He nodded “ and I don’t want this juice as your peace offering” he paused for a second “I just want us to be friends” he smiled “don’t worry I don’t bite” he joked and Bomi started smiling at him

“nah, I’ll think about it” Bomi said with a smile on her face and Hoya knows it means ‘okay let’s be friends’

 

‘you are such a great actor Lee Howon’ he secretly praised himself and as well as the three guys who witnessed it . Sunggyu shook his head ‘I wonder how he managed to do that’ and Sungyeol grinned at Dongwoo who looked annoyed.

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: 

Hurray for the update!! hahah!okay i think there's nothing much to talk about to this chapter ;/ 

You might think Bomi fell in love to Hoya that fast but to clear things out... Bomi is not YET in love with him well, maybe she just likes him..but totally NOT love yet! and as you can see, Hoya as well is not in love...and actually i love Eunji's character here..hahahah!! and i put a little bit of GyuJi here^^