[ G I F T ]

FABRIC MAGIC (COMPLETED)

Chapter 2: G I F T

I opened the black velvet box. In it, there was a piece of fabric of the colour of purple.

Purple was our favourite colour and it is still my favourite colour.

The purple fabric was in the shape of a square. It was the last gift from him to me.

“Pabo, use it!” He ordered again.

“How could I?” I shouted angrily at him again. He had pushed the box to me with the help of nature, forcing some strong wind to create a mess in my room, so that the box would land in my hands.

I had kept the box on the top of a tall wardrobe.

As the saying goes, out of sight, out of mind.

He remained silent. He knew and understood my pain but yet he had been trying continually to force me to face it…

“This is for you!” he handed me a black velvet box as we were walking down the streets, back to my house, where we agreed to create a new series of comics. Both of us loved drawing but he had been the one who was really talented at it. He had been drawing comics for me and I kept them.

I eyed him and then opened it. “A piece of cloth?”

“No, this is a magical fabric. I got it from my uncle and he got it from a mysterious source somewhere in a foreign land. Put this fabric on your pillow and sleep on it. Your breaths will stir the magic in it. You must chant the magic code to it before you sleep. The magic code is “Abracadabra”. It will help you to seek your destiny. In other words, it will aid in bringing your true love to you. Isn’t it magical and romantic?” He explained carefully.

“Then you should use it yourself.” I chortled, passing the box back to him but he pushed it back to me. This whole fabric magic sounded like a pretence game to me.

“I do not need it. I am handsome, charming and lovable. I will have a beautiful wife and a happy family. That is for sure. However, I am not so certain about you …” He eyed me, from head to toe.

“Aish! You rascal!” I chased after him, with the black velvet box in my hand.

“Shim Yeon!” his piercing scream was heard.

Thud.

I was lying on the hard concrete ground next. “My hand hurts!”

My eyes searched for him.

“LEE JIN KI!” I could not believe my eyes.

He, Lee Jin Ki, my best friend, was lying in blood at a distance away. A motorcycle was lying on the curb of the road. The motorist with his helmet was also unconscious. However, I could not be bothered with the motorist or anything else.

“Jin Ki! Jin Ki! Jin Ki!” My heart was beating frantically. Tears were stinging my eyes. “No! This is a nightmare!” I was trying to convince myself but the sight of Jin Ki lying in that disgusting pool of ruddy blood forced me to face the reality.

Jin Ki was hit by the speeding motorcycle.

No, I was supposed to be the one hit.

Not Jin Ki.

However, he chose to push me away and took the severe and deadly blow for me.

Jin Ki’s face was contorted into a frame of anguish.

“Jin Ki!” I went over and hugged him. His blood was on me now, but I could care less.

“Use the magic cloth!” He gave one last weak smile and instructed me with his last breath…

“Use the magic cloth!” His voice boomed in my room.

Yes, I was speaking with a spirit, Jin Ki’s spirit, to be exact.

He had never left me. He was keeping his promise to ensure my happiness and staying by my side always.

You may think that I am hallucinating but I am seriously not.

Initially, I had the same thoughts about me being insane and hallucinating about him.

However, if you see a birthday gift on your table without fail every year, and it was the same black velvet box with the supposedly magical cloth in it, you will know that I am not hallucinating. Furthermore, there was always a new strip of comic attached with it.

One look at it and you will know it was yet another masterpiece of Lee Jin Ki. He had loved drawing comic strips and he certainly had the talents for it. His comics were entertaining with adorable small children as the main characters. There were always angels, fairies, pixies and magical animals who could speak human language.

For years, I had been hiding the box in whatever places that I could have found such that I would never see it again. It reminded me of him and the stupid pain his death had caused me. Nevertheless, it would appear on my table every year, waiting for me. In addition, I could hear Jin Ki’s voice. He had been teasing me and joking with me. He had been guiding me as well.

Being a deejay was to show Jin Ki my utmost respect and love too, since he adored listening to radio so much.

I knew he cared for me and wanted me to find my true love so that I could be living in bliss with my other half. He was hoping and trying to help me realise a fairytale for me.

Escaping from the pain was a proper reason to evade the gift and using it.

Deep within, I knew that I did not dare to use the magic fabric as I am afraid.

I am truly afraid that once I use the magic fabric, the magic is activated and I will find my true love, but Jin Ki will leave me at the same time as well.

I did not want to lose him again. It would be worse than devastating.

“Use it, Jace Shim Yeon!” Jin Ki ordered me again.

I inhaled deeply.

“Alright!” Perhaps, I should learn to let go too. After thinking for a few moments, I realised that I had been selfish. Jin Ki deserved to be reborn and living another new and brilliant life and not stay here, rotting with me.

I placed the magic fabric carefully on my pillow.

“Abracadabra!” I chanted the exact magic code Jin Ki had taught me. Within minutes, I was in deep slumber but I could vaguely hear Jin Ki complimenting that I was a “good girl”…

-

ALRIGHT! HERE I GO RANTING! =P

In chapter 1, the “he” who refers to Jin Ki[revealed in chpt 2], had promised Jace that he would ensure her happiness and stay by her side. So, Jin Ki did not leave Earth after he died, as he wanted to keep the promise and ensured that Jace would find her happiness first. [revealed in chpt 2]the purple fabric is the tool from jinki to help jace to find her true love.

Jace was the deejay reporting the Kim Eun Jae’s case in Figment. I was trying to make a link. They had no special relationship.

Any more questions?

Feel free to ask. Thanks for giving me the benefit of doubt. Hahas.

ENJOY!

th1rd3ye