[ L O V E ]

FABRIC MAGIC (COMPLETED)

Chapter 5: L O V E

Dressed in a purple plain shirt and jeans, I left for work in a cheery mood. In my mind, I was picturing the millions of possibilities that could occur between Onew and me.

Onew and I were grinning at each other, lovingly.

Or, Onew and I were bickering non-stop, but in actual fact, we were enjoying the arguments with each other.

Or, Onew and I would maintain our status as purely colleagues, only helping each other out when needed.

My heart sunk at the third possibility.

I shook my head.

Was I really in love with Onew?

Or was I just convincing myself that I was in love with him so that Jin Ki’s words about the magic fabric would become true?

I was simply confused and baffled at all these developments around me.

Was Onew’s appearance a mere coincidence?

Was it really the magic fabric at work?

I dragged my steps into the broadcasting room.

“Hi!” Onew grinned at me, jumping up from his seat when he noticed that I had arrived.

“Hi!” I tried to reply as energetically as I could but I guessed Onew saw through it.

“Are you alright?” He asked, his brows furrowed, revealing his deep concern.

I gestured a thumbs-up. We spoke no more and began our work.

“Hi, Jace and Onew, I am totally loving your new program and I think that your voices are really soothing. You two sound compatible! I just want to call in to say that I have just been dumped by my boyfriend. We had been dating for three years and he just told me on my birthday that he had been seeing another girl for months. He even remarked that I was stupid not to notice. Actually, I was just trying to put my faith and trust in him. I did notice that he was avoiding me but I really wanted to just believe him. Is that wrong?”

A listener had called in.

“No, you are not wrong!” Onew and I replied in unison. We turned to look at each other and Onew gestured for me to speak first.

“You had been a wonderful lover, Miss. You should not grieve over your break up. He did not deserve it. You could do better with another man!” I encouraged her. That ex-boyfriend of hers was such a jerk, in my opinion. Jerk!

“Jace is totally right. Miss, you should move on. With such an understanding and loving personality of yours, you definitely will find another man who is many times better than the ex-boyfriend of yours. He had been a jerk! Move on, lady! We will be behind you!” Onew stated his views truthfully.

My eyes had widened when he commented that the ex-boyfriend had been a “jerk”. For a moment, I wondered if he had forgotten that we were talking to the mass public and such insolent words should be avoided. Onew had merely shrugged his shoulders when I nudged him after his words.

The listener laughed heartily. “You are right! I love the two of you! I shall move on! Thank you!”

“Welcome. Now these two songs are for you, my lady. ‘Life Goes On’ by Leann Rimes and also ‘Miss Independent’ by Kelly Clarkson. Do enjoy listening!” Onew continued.

“You are …” I was about to comment when our boss barged in.

“Onew, please be mindful. Make sure you do not do it again. Understand? I want you to make a public apology for that word later.” My boss ordered before rushing out again. Onew just shrugged his shoulders again.

“Hey, are you feeling better?” Onew prompted just when I was thinking of how to encourage him.

“I feel alright. Hey, don’t be upset by Boss! She is just being careful and …” I gave him a light pat on his shoulder.

“I know. Let’s have dinner tonight then!” Onew’s eyes sparkled with delight. Obviously, he was not upset by Boss’s words. I beamed at his invitation and agreed to it.

I wondered if it was my hallucination but I thought I noticed that his face glowed with happiness after I agreed to it.

As the days went by, Onew and I went out more and more often. We were not a couple, but we were progressing towards that direction, I guessed. He would ask me out on weekends and we would catch a movie and then have dinner together. We even went to the amusement park together to relive our childhood days.

Today, we had agreed to go to the orphanage as volunteers.

“Onew! Onew!” The children were calling out for him so excitedly and loudly. All of them wanted to get his attention.

Onew turned from his position and gave me a “Help me” look. I stuck out my tongue and left to the kitchen of the home, leaving him with the children surrounding him.

Onew had been playing the piano and singing with his amazing vocals. The children were so amazed and stunned by his performance that Onew immediately became their idol. He was the hero whom they worshipped.

In fact, I was deeply touched and astonished by his performance. He had sung the all-time favourite love song, “Love Me” by Collin Raye. With perfect pitch and the ultra-soothing and pleasant voice, he topped the song off by singing it in his own style, with overflowing emotions. His version of the song was comparable to the original version.

I was humming the song and chopping the vegetables when suddenly, a pair of hands slipped around my waist.

“How dare you leave me alone there?” Onew whispered into my ears, sending a tingling sensation through my body.

“What are you doing, Onew?” I asked meekly as I could feel my heart thumping faster and the heat in my body rising. I was sure my cheeks were turning crimson.

Onew was hugging me. This was beyond what normal friends would do, in my opinion. It was too intimate.

He tightened his hands around me and replied casually, “I am hugging you, obviously. Are you feeling shy?”

His eyes were fixed on my blushing face. With a chortle, he let go of me.

I was feeling slightly disappointed when he released his embrace of me but Onew’s next action surprised me so much that the disappointment dissipated within a moment.

Onew pressed his lips against mine. Frankly, I was not prepared for it. However, I found myself returning his kiss readily. After a while, we broke off from the passionate kiss and stared at each other. We burst out laughing.

“Are you holding that knife, which could kill, when you are kissing me?” He pointed to the knife I was holding.

I stuck out my tongue, “I guess so.”

Afterwards, we prepared dinner for the children and promised to visit them again. Onew sent me home and before leaving, he kissed me on the forehead and confessed, “Jace Shim Yeon! Saranghae! You are my girlfriend now and you can’t run away!”

I grinned and rushed him to return home as it was really getting late. “Saranghae!” I declared my love for him, in front of him too, before the lift doors closed.

I then returned to my apartment.

“That Onew guy seemed really nice! He is adorable too! Jace Shim Yeon, you are lucky this time!” Jin Ki commented, with a tinge of bitterness in his tone.

Normally, I knew I would have taken notice of the bitterness in his tone. However, today, I was a woman in love and my mind was occupied with thoughts of my lover.

“Yes, he is such a perfect man!” I grinned foolishly to myself and mumbled a “Thanks” to the purple magic fabric on my pillow.

Love was a quick and warm spurt right through the heart.

Love was truly sweet, so much sweeter than all the honey and fine chocolates; that my lips could only curve upwards for the rest of the night.

Love was amazing, till the extent when I could not sleep, since the reality was better than sweet dreams.

Love was … Onew.

-

I am off to sleep. It is going to be midnight here. =]
ENJOY! =]
CHEERS! =]

th1rd3ye