[ M E E T ]

FABRIC MAGIC (COMPLETED)

Chapter 3: M E E T

“Today is a brand new day for you, Jace Shim Yeon! Your Prince Charming may be dressed in a shining armour and riding on a white horse to seek for you!” Jin Ki joked.

“Please, Jin Ki! I don’t want such an exaggerated version of a prince. I just want and need him to be responsible and able to accept and love me for who I am.” I answered seriously. No doubt, I was really glad that Jin Ki was still here but I still could not stand him always trying to make a laughing stock out of me.

“Would you prefer an adorable man or a handsome man?” he inquired.

“Adorable.” I answered directly.

“Muscular or slim?”

“Slim.”

“Ice cream or him?”

“Lee Jin Ki!”

“You chose me? That was …”

I rolled my eyes and decided to use my silence as a form of silent protest towards his behaviour of making fun of me.

“Shim Yeon?” Jin Ki spoke in a solemn voice. His cheeriness was gone all of a sudden and the surrounding air felt cold.

“Yes?” I pulled my jacket tightly.

“Will you forget me if you successfully found your true love? I mean, after you have found him, and you realised that you do not need me by your side anymore and I …” Jin Ki sounded upset and his words were like hints of him having to leave me sooner or later.

“Jin Ki, I will never ever forget you. I will remember you forever and always. You are a really very special person to me and you are unforgettable and irreplaceable. Now your turn to answer my question, are you going to leave me once my true love appears?” My lips were tightly pursed together as I wait for Jin Ki’s answer.

“Yeon, I just want you to know that I will be watching over you. I have been physically absent in your life and you are doing rather well. As for whether my spirit can keep on staying and conversing with you in this way, both of us know that it is impossible. I am sorry.” Jin Ki replied truthfully.

Both of us had been hiding from this truth which hurt so much. The truth of Jin Ki’s spirit having to leave me alone and that the two of us could not be able to converse casually and joyfully like we always do.

“Jin Ki, don’t be sorry. I will be happy and I want you to be happy too. You deserve to be truly blissful.” I declared my opinions loudly.

The courageous spirit in me seemed to have magnified within one night and a sense of strength surged through me as I stated the following words, “Even if your spirit is leaving me, I won’t be afraid. I know I won’t be alone too, although this sounds cliché and mushy, you will always be in my heart. I still have the memories locked in my head, and, in these memories, we are always having fun together.”

“Right! Yeon, get to work now!” Jin Ki’s loud chuckles rang out loud.

“Right!” I set off to work, clapping for myself in delight, for being able to confess all the words I have to say to Jin Ki.

“Good afternoon!” I greeted my boss when I reached the radio station. A wide grin was on my face and I knew I appeared like someone who had struck lottery.

“Jace, you are in buoyant spirits today? Are you in love?” My boss asked.

“Nope, but I am waiting for that to happen.” I giggled at my truthful yet silly answer. I bet Jin Ki would metaphorically laugh his head off if he heard my answer. Jin Ki never left my house since he became a spirit so no one knew about his existence.

My boss winked at me and then scratched his head. “Yeon, I forget to tell you yesterday that you will be working with a new deejay today for a new programme. Preparations have been done. You just need to look through the script. There is not much difference from your programme. There are two additional sections which comprises of sharing a quote and doing a psychological quiz with the listeners.”

I breathed in deeply before I stepped into the room which I worked in. A man was already seated. I guess he was my new partner.

From the back, I could see that he had black hair and he had a rather slim build for a man. However, his shoulders were quite broad and his purple jacket reminded me of the magic fabric left on my pillow. I swallowed my saliva.

One, two, three … I counted silently to myself as I cautiously approached him.

Uncertainty had overwhelmed me as an unknown fear seized me. I wondered if it was the work of the magic fabric making me feel this way. I was feeling a little paranoid about having to meet a new male partner, right on the next day, after the magic fabric was activated.

Was he my true love?

How I wish Jin Ki were here.

Unknowingly, my palms were sweating. I was behind him right then, preparing to introduce myself.

All of a sudden, he swiveled around.

We were facing each other.

“Oh!” I let out a gasp.

-

BYEBYE! HOPE YOU PEOPLE WILL ENJOY READING THIS! =]

th1rd3ye