"Thank You."

Behind The Facade

26122013

Behind The Facade: Chapter 3 "Thank You."

 

Walking along the concrete pathway in the silence graveyard, Ham Eunjung gazed grimly at the bouquet of calla lilies that she was holding in her hand before she stopped in her pace, in front of a particular grave.

 

Her eyes slowly rested on the two bouquets of calla lilies that were already placed in front of her grave and a frown merely appeared as she quickly looked up and darted her glances around the surrounding curiously. It had been three years, she had been visiting Song Jihyo’s grave for three years and there was always only one bouquet of calla lilies but how come this year there is two?

 

Glancing around her whole surrounding in confusion and inquisitiveness, she only disappointedly turned her attention back to the grave, disappointed that there were no one around here, no one in anywhere near her sight.

 

Only shrugging her shoulder carelessly, “Jihyo Unnie” she started as she eyed at the photo of her smile before finally whispered in a gratitude tone, “thank you. Thank you.” Bowing her head down deeply in respect to Jihyo, she bent down to placed down her bouquet of calla lilies.

 

Eunjung gave her one last bow of respect before lastly turning away and headed back from where she comes from. Her hands touched the metal gate as she pushed it open and got inside a car that was already there, parked right outside the cemetery, waiting for her.

 

As the car drove off toward the silent road, Jaejoong coincidentally at that time stepped out of the small restroom with his sleeves rolled up to prevent it from getting wet. His attention immediately rested and focused on the calla lilies that were placed down in front of her grave and walking up toward it, he looked at it bafflingly before looking around, hoping to see or caught the glimpse of the person that brought this bouquet of flowers.
 

However to his dismay, he saw no one and only eyeing back at the flower he just let out a smile knowing that apart from him and Yejin, someone else is also out there thinking about her.

 

With a smile on his face and turning to leave, the sunlight reflected on a silver identification bracelet on the grass caused it to shine brightly. The shininess immediately caught his attention as he leaned back away firstly before bending down for a closer look. His hand reached out and touched a beautiful sterling silver bracelet that was sitting in between the bouquets of the calla lilies.

 

Picking it up cautiously and gently as if he was afraid that it will break, his eyes examining the whole bracelet carefully as he was certain that this bracelet was not a possession of Yejin then surely, this bracelet’s owner was the person that had brought Jihyo the last bouquet of calla lilies.

 

Standing back up from his spot, he quietly only placed the bracelet in his trousers’ pocket before he finally made his way out of the cemetery as well, as he was determine to return back the bracelet and was determine to say thank you to this unknown person.

 

**********

“Oh, is it?”

 

He simply asked back casually and listening to his response, she let out a look of disbelieve as she turned toward him, “oh is it? Is this all you going to say?” She demanded in a tone with slight hints of dander and returning her a soft glance, “Yejin” he uttered helplessly.

 

Not responding to his call, she turned away, away from his gaze and sensing evidently her displease, Chun Hee let out a sigh of defeat as he only asked, “what do you want me to say that? What reaction do you want me to give you then?”

 

Shaking her head and standing up from her spot, he raised up his gaze at her, as she barely stated coldly, “nothing I should have actually never expect anything from you.” Turning away and without giving him one last look, she headed out of the office, slamming the door behind her while sitting there in his spot, Chun Hee watched as she left and he only shook his head quietly.

 

**********

 

Avoiding his questioning eyes, “I don’t know what you are trying to say” she expressed and letting out a laugh, a cynical laughs, “Park Jiyeon you have no idea what I am saying. How can you possibly have no idea what I am saying when you are so clever? Suzy and me had nothing going on between us, we are just friend. The one that is dating, the one that is in a relationship is you and I. But how can you? How can you just push all the blames onto me and Suzy in order to free yourself?”

 

Gazing at him directly in the eyes, “why can’t I? The media have no evidence to prove that we are in a relationship so then if one can be save then why not let it be safe?”

 

Lee Joon looked at her in simply disbelief, “because I am your boyfriend, is that mean that in order to protect yourself, you will even sacrifices me?” He asked as he searched her eyes, hoping to find an answer and she merely shrugged her shoulder, “if it is then let it be” she answered calmly.

 

After her words, none of them say anything as they only both stood there in silence gazing at each other as Lee Joon purely eyed at her in skepticism and trying to search in her eyes to his worth. The quietness and the tension between the two of them was only interrupted by Jiyeon’s phone that vibrated heavily in her pocket.

 

Taking out her phone and glancing at the caller ID,  “I think both of us need a break” she exclaimed emotionlessly as twirled around to leave, leaving the despond Lee Joon alone, whom he let out a grin of sadness before closing his eyes in disbelief at Jiyeon’s attitude and action.

 

Meanwhile certain and assure that she was alone, she turned back and ensuring again that Lee Joon was not following her, she quickly answered the call, “Oppa” she began in an guiltless tone and only being cut off by the person on the other line.

 

She shook her head as she cried loudly in protest, “Oppa it is not like this. Lee Joon and me are only friends; I don’t know how the media even assume that we are together. Oppa, you know that I only love you.”

 

**********

 

The smell of the delicious foods overwhelmed the whole house as Yunho stepped inside the kitchen and observing in behind at his loving wife whom was busily preparing the dishes, he quietly stepped up toward her as he without a word wrapped his hand around her from behind, embracing her tightly.

 

“Thank you” he whispered to her ear and she only shook her head as she looked at him slightly, “Jaejoong and Junsu are both my friend as well” she expressed and Yunho only beamed as he gazed at her lovingly, “I know but we could have just hire a chief to come to our house and prepare for us, you don’t need to do all these by yourself. I don’t want you to work so hard.”

 

Only turning away to focus back her attention of the boiling silver pot, Yuri smiled pleasantly as she questioned back, “when have you become such a sweet talker?”

 

Shaking his head in protest as he rested his head comfortably on her bony shoulder, “I can’t help it as whenever I see you, all these words will automatically come out” he said back sweetly as he gave her an adorable grin and only smiling back at him in return, she reached out her hand as she pinched him lightly on the cheek, “stop being so cheesy otherwise if Junsu see us, it will be awkward” she exclaimed knowingly.

 

Simply frowning cutely, “that is why the more I won’t let go and continue being cheesy as I want Junsu to be jealous of me, I want him to envy me for having a beautiful and loving wife” he declared as he leaned over and captured her lip with his as he gave her a light and quick kiss on the lip before pulling away with his eyes still staring at her deeply with love evidently shown.

 

“I am certain that every man is jealous of me right now for having you, Kwon Yuri as my lawful wife. I am really thankful to God for giving me a loving wife and for giving me a beautiful daughter. You and Cho Hee are the biggest gift from God” he whispered softly to her in a serious tone as he gazed at her penetratingly and touched by his loving words, she reached out her hand to touch his face as her hand comfortably rested on a side of his face.

 

As they gazed at each other in the eyes, Yuri only smiled beautifully while Yunho leaned forward once again and pressed his lip gently onto hers.

 

“This is R rated” Junsu loudly declared from behind as he jokingly covered the eyes of Cho Hee whom was being carried by Junsu and was only looking around innocently, not knowing as to what was happening.

 

His sudden words immediately broke them from their kiss as Yuri blushingly turned her attention back to her cooking in embarrassment while Yunho only twitched his head around and found himself face to face with Junsu whom flashed out his common cheerful grin widely.

 

Turning toward Cho Hee, he said jokingly “Cho Hee, what you just saw is not appropriate for you to see” and upon hearing Junsu’s statement, Yuri blushed in embarrassment as she turned around to face Yunho and pushing him away slightly, breaking his hand off her waist. “All of you step out of the kitchen and don’t disturb me otherwise tonight dinner will be all burnt foods” she threatened lightly as she gently and slightly urged Yunho toward the direction of the kitchen exit.

 

Noticing the embarrassment on her face, Yunho didn’t object but obediently stepped out of the kitchen, which Junsu followed, closely as he questioned innocently, “is Yuri embarrass?”

 

Throwing him a look of bewilder at his question, he took back hold of Cho Hee before stepping back, “don’t come to close to Cho Hee as I don’t know whether your stupidity is contagious” he commented before heading toward the couch as he sat down in a comfortable position and reached out for the remote while Junsu stood there, astounded at Yunho’s word as he pointed at finger at himself and twirled around to face Yunho, “are you saying I am stupid?”

 

**********

 

Sitting on the chair as her eyes filled with soft instrumental music of the piano and the intense smell of the dark hot black coffee that was in front of her. Her eyes rested together tiredly as she leaned her head comfortably on the back of the chair.

 

She could still remember that day well and clear, she could still remember the intense smell of alcohol wipe as she stepped in the dim lighted room where her whole body shivered and trembled due to the low temperature of the room and her unwillingness to believe that she was gone, that she had left them.

 

Her gaze rested on the motionless body of Song Jihyo as Yejin stepped closer toward the body with tears fighting hard in her ear. Her hand covered as she bit deeply on her lip to prevent herself from crying.

 

Immediately turning away to not facing her, her tears sting painfully in her eyes and suddenly running along the corridor, Jaejoong stopped in front of the entrance as his gazed at the corpse before he rushed toward Jihyo’s side.

 

His hand clasped tightly on her both shoulder, “Jihyo, Jihyo” he repeated calling her name as his tears dripped down his eyes like a water work, “Jihyo” he cried lastly before weakly dropped his head down on the bed.

 

Seeing him crying hysterically, Yejin only turned away as she stepped out of the room before finally placing her hand covering as she struggle no more and allowed her tears to release from her eyes.

 

Ding!

 

The elevator slid open and Jaejoong gradually looked up as he shook his head and wiped his eyes as he regain back to his sense and stopped thinking anymore of the past. He stepped out of the elevator and immediately forcing a smile on his face, he strolled toward a specific apartment before pressing his finger on the button.

 

As soon as his finger touched the button, the door was pushed open at once and gazing at the man that was right in front of him. “Junsu” he called with a wider smile before gazing at the young Cho Hee that Junsu was holding onto.

 

“Jaejoong” he cried in delight before without a word stepped up and wrapped his hand around Jaejoong, hugging him tightly.

 

In his friendly embrace, Jaejoong didn’t say a word as he simply just put his hand back around Junsu in return as he grinned widely and that it was good to be back, good to be back in Korea. 

Author Note

I am so sorry for the slow update but anyway merry christmas and hope everyone like this chapter. I know that it is still boring but at least Eunjung and Yuri appear! Please comment and tell me what you think ^^