“In One Lifetime Who Have Never Make A Mistake”

Behind The Facade

05122013

Behind The Facade: Chapter 2: “In One Lifetime Who Have Never Make A Mistake”

 

“You still remember,” he said softly in a voice hinted with gratitude and gratefulness as he eyed at the bouquet of calla lilies that she had brought along with her. While standing there by herself, his sudden words caused her to turned around.

 

Gazing at him for the first time from three years through the dark shades of her sunglasses, she pulled away the shades before stating in an emotionless voice, “sometime there are things that are bound to be unforgettable.”

 

Nodding his head in agreement in silence, he walked up toward her to which she commented in a causal tone,  “it had been a long time, Jaejoong.“

 

“It had been three years” he affirmed as he bent down slightly to place down the bouquet of flowers on the gravestone, “she had gone for three years already” he murmured coldly as the images of them together flashed in his mind like a projector.

 

As their surrounding was filled with an empty silence, she glanced at the black and white photo of the decreased one, “times sure do flies as it still feel likes as if she is right here, right beside us, watching us” she expressed with a slight smile to which Jaejoong only let out a cynical grin as he stood beside her.

 

“Today is the day where she died but the only one that comes to pay her a visit is only you and me. She only died for three years, how can people forget her already? How can all her so call loving fans and her good friends forget her?”

 

Not saying a word as she stood there gazing at him with concern, “how can they all forget that it is today is the day where she past away?”  He repeated again to no one in particular as he hand seized into a fist while his eyes only staring tersely at her photo.  Shaking her head slowly as she folded her arms, “no matter how beautiful a flower can bloom into, no matter how beautiful they can be in one lifetime, there will be still a moment where they will tarnish, their beauty can not last forever and the life of a star and idol is just like the life of a flower. No one can forever remain popular, no one can have forever fame” she explained as she glanced to him penetratingly and with a simple nod of understanding, “I know, I understand, I really do” he cried as he twirled around to met her gaze.

 

Looking at her directly and able to clearly sees the pains that was hidden deeply in his eyes, “I really do. I do understand that this society is this cruel therefore I have never expected any of her fans to remember today or even remember her. But her friends, all those people that claimed to be her good friends when she was still alive, what happen to them?”

 

Unexpectedly, she only reached out and rested a hand on his arm as she gave his arm a comforting squeeze before whispering gently, “Jaejoong, I know that this is hard for you but you have to learn to let go.”

 

Detecting and understanding her concern, he rested his hand on tops of her as he assured her in return, “I will, I will be alright. Anyway, thank you, I am thankful, grateful and appreciated that the times I am gone, you helped me look after and take care of Jihyo’s grave. I am thankful that in the past you were there for her and helped her and even till now, you still concern and care for her, I am very grateful for your kindness, Yejin.”

 

Pulling her hand away from him and back to her own side, she shook her head “you don’t have to say thank you to me. Jihyo was not only your girlfriend and the woman that you love, but she was also a good friend of mine, someone that was also always there for me.”

 

Not giving him an opportunity to say another word, she took a step back in retreat as she placed her sunglasses back on before excusing herself, “it’s time for me to go. Jaejoong, I’m glad to see you again” and bobbed in union, “it is also good to be back in Korea. I will see you soon, Yejin.”

 

Merely giving him one last nod, she sauntered past him and headed for the exit of the cemetery leaving Jaejoong by himself all alone. Her eyes filled with grief as her heart clasped tightly together and simply the image of Jaejoong’s eyes that was overwhelmed with pain only made her heart clutched tighter as she quickly headed toward her car.

 

Her hands grasped tightly onto the steering wheel before she closed her eyes resignedly for a brief moment. Finally regaining back to her sense she flickered her eyes open and stretched over to turn the engine of her car before driving out of the cemetery when unpredictably her phone let out a soft tune. Without giving her phone a glance, her eyes were still on the road as she grabbed her phone in a swift moment and answered, “yes?”

 

Listening tentatively to the other line, she solely let out a sigh of mixture of aggravation and exhausted before turning the steering wheel and doing a U turn as she stepped on the accelerator pedal and drove off in a faster speed down the road.

 

**********

 

 With only himself in the graveyard alone, his eyes rested on the black and white photo of Jihyo, his knee weakly bent down onto the soft grass as his hand extended out toward the small photo.

 

The fingers of his lingered on the surface of the picture as he slid down his finger on the smooth surface which his vision gradually blurred from his tear as he opened his mouth and murmured softly, “Jihyo I really miss you” and with that he weakly leaned his head on the hard and stable gravestone.

    

**********

 

The newspaper slammed onto the expensive wooden surface of the desk as Lee Chun Hee rested his hand on his forehead in an annoyance manner, “shouldn’t the three of you be happy now? The three of you have made it to the newspaper’s headline, isn’t this what you all wanted? You have all achieve it now, you should all be happy now” he shouted sarcastically as he glared at the three young adults that were standing in front of him, all not dare to say a single word.

 

His hand gradually transformed into a fist as he stood up from his spot with his both fist slamming on the desk, “how many times did I told all you of that in this company, dating is prohibited?” He roared in a loud tone filled with rage and anger before taking a deep breath, “alright since the three of you wanted to date so much. I will grant you your wish. From this moment on, the three of you contracts will be terminated and we will not use any of you again.”

 

Meanwhile stepping out of the elevator hurriedly and was instantly greeted by Park Shiyeon. She grabbed onto Yejin’s arm as she pulled her toward the direction of his office, “Yejin I’m glad that you are here. Mr Lee Chun Hee is currently in his office with Park Jiyeon, Lee Joon and Bae Suzy,” she informed briefly which Yejin only nodded as she threw a glance at the office’s window that was covered with the blinds.

 

Her knuckles knocked on the door, which Chun Hee slumped back onto his chair as he called, “come in.” Upon hearing his response, she twisted the door knob and stepped inside the office, her entrance immediately attracted the glance of the three idols that were standing there as they all looked upon at Yejin with hopes sparkling in their eyes.

 

Pulling the door close behind her, she directed her attention toward Chun Hee whom was seated on the chair tiredly with marks of irritation and antagonism noticeably written on his face. “Mr Lee, what is going on?” She questioned as she sauntered up toward his side and gazing at her, “Yejin ah, I don’t know why I even signed those three from the very beginning. I told them, I repeated myself endlessly that dating is prohibited from this company no matter what the circumstance are. But they dated secretly and what worse is that they made it right in front of the newspaper’s headline” he exclaimed as he grabbed the newspaper and threw it on the table at the direction of Yejin.

 

She looked away from him as she lowered her gaze onto the tabloid and picking it up, “Lee Joon two timing between Bae Suzy and Park Jiyeon” she read off the headline and slowly her lip transformed into a smile as she folded the newspaper calmly and placed it onto the desk.

 

“They are still young, they need patience and times. Plus what happen had already happen and instead of punishing, we should think of ways as to how to solve this matter and how to make it turn to favour of our side” she advised knowingly which Chun Hee only expressed jadedly, “there is no need to turn it in favour to our side or solve this matter. This three images will probably be tarnish already, they probably will have no worth or anymore value to our company so might as well terminate their contract and all their project.”

 

Upon hearing his intention, Lee Joon immediately stepped up as he looked at them apologetically, “Mr Lee, please don’t terminate my contract. I am wrong, I should have listen and obey the company’s policy. I am sorry but me and Suzy is simply friend, we only went out for a drink” Lee Joon begged desperately as he bowed his head down and merely throwing him a glance, Chun Hee didn’t say a single word or gave him any response as he ignored Lee Joon and turned away.

 

“Terminating either of the contract may only worsen the situation. If we terminate their contract now, it will only give the media an opportunity to fabricate any story and damaging our company’s reputation. Plus making toward the headline may not exactly be a bad new, it at least helped the three of them gained some exposure to the audience” Yejin said perceptively and pausing for a brief moment, he only softly expressed, “Yejin ah, you always standing at their side

 

His words caused her to smile softly as she shook her head, “I am just helping the company, I don’t wish the company to lose three talented young stars and I certainly don’t wish their dreams to be shatter just by one mistake. After all in one lifetime who have never make a mistake before in their life and right now what the media have is not even solid evidence to prove any of their relationship and instead is all simply made up assumption, it will only arouse the audience’s curiosity and it is not at the stage where it will damage or ruin any of their reputation.”

 

Vacillating for a brief moment, he finally nodded his head, “I can not terminate either of their contract but I cannot just simply let this matter rest. In either way, they must receive some form of sanctions for breaking the company’s policy.”

 

Being quiet for the whole time, Jiyeon looked at the two of them before stating slowly, “I am sorry but can I say something.” Her words gained everyone attention as they all turned toward her, expecting and waiting for her to continue on. She bravely ignored everyone’s attention especially Lee Joon’s confusing eyes, “I want to say it unfair how I should be punish for something that I have not done” she confessed valiantly as she looked straight at Chun Hee’s eyes penetratingly and Chun Hee only returned her with a glance of interest as he raised his eyebrow at her intriguingly.

 

“This whole scandal is caused by the two of them, they went on a date and got caught by the media. The press in order to make it a more interesting story added me along. Me and Lee Joon have nothing going on between us, there isn’t even any single photo of us together then how is it fair if Mr Lee punishes the three of us when I was only innocently got mention and involve in it by the media” Jiyeon cried as a drop of tear dripped down from her eyes. Standing beside her, he threw her a look, a look of unbelievable surprise and shock while she purely just looked at Chun Hee in a pleading gaze before at Yejin whom didn’t say a single word or showed any signs as to what she is thinking or feeling.

 

Conclusively nodding his head in agreement, “she’s right. Jiyeon seem to be the most innocent one in this incident,” he declared before pointing his finger out slightly, “you two should feel lucky that I am not terminating your contract but I am not letting you two off the hook. From this moment on, you two are on break, you two don’t have to participate or show up in any event until you receive notice from me” he announced and immediately bowing in gratitude, “thank you Mr Lee for terminating the contract” Suzy expressed thankfully while Lee Joon finally turned away from Jiyeon and onto Chun Hee as he bowed vaguely, “thank you.”

 

Not returning or paying them any attention, he turned away “you three get out now” he demanded and the three of them nodded their head as they quietly and hurriedly left the office, closing the door behind them.

 

As soon as the door was clicked close, Chun Hee sighed heavily before turning toward Yejin whom sat down comfortably on one of the black chair that was opposite of him, “kids these days really don’t listen” he articulated in a disapproved voice which she only leaned back and crossed her arms casually, “as you say they are still kids, they are still young. Give them some time.”

 

“Times? It was only a simple rule as to no dating, I don’t see how difficult that was to understand” he expressed before leaning toward his desk as he placed back one of the blue pen into the penholder, “anyway where did you go today? Today is your day off.”

 

“I saw the newspaper today. I just came back from the cemetery,” she confessed bluntly and upon hearing where she went of too, he let out a frown on his face as he repeated himself, “cemetery? Why did you go there?”

 

A moment of quiet and silence consumed them as Yejin not looking at Chun Hee’s questioning eyes, only whispered faintly, “three years ago, today was the day where Jihyo had left us, Song Jihyo passed away three years ago at this day.”

 

**********

 

Closing the door behind her as they all stepped out of the office, none of them utter a single word as they all just stood there quietly. Unable to take or endure the silence anymore, Jiyeon without a word or explanation turned to leave when she was only pulled back by Lee Joon whom grabbed onto her wrist suddenly in a tight grip, “I want to have a talk with you” he stated aloofly to which Jiyeon only gazed at his eyes as she trying to find hints as to what he is thinking.

 

Standing in the middle and confused at their action and the tension between the two of them, Suzy turned away “I probably should go” she announced before quickly walking away from the two of them. Waiting for Suzy to be out of their sight, Jiyeon crossly shrugged his hand off as she looked at him sharply, “that’s hurt” she cried in a tone of aggravation and Lee Joon only glanced at her with a cold expression as ignoring her remark, he just questioned, “why? Why did you have to do that?”

 

Author's Note

seeing how there are so many comment on questioning about Eunjung, i can assure you that Eunjung is one of the main character and play an important role but due to the poster is made from one of the graphic shop and there was not enough space in the poster, they only put and added the photos that matches the theme which is why Eunjung did not appear, but it DOES NOT MEAN SHE IS NOT THE MAIN. So all her fans don't worry as she will be appearing in next chapter ^^

And as to whether will she end with Jaejoong, i won't tell you this as you will have to wait and see but in this story they do have some love connection so please continue on supporting and reading.