"I Think I Have Fallen In Love With You."

Behind The Facade

2122013

Behind The Facade: Chapter 1: "I Think I Have Fallen In Love With You."

 

2013

 

Walking inside an isolated and emptiness room, his empty eyes gazed straight through the tall and clear window as he without a word, saunters up toward it emotionlessly. His hand carefully reaches out and rests it on the window as a drop of tear slid down his eyes.

 

Tiredly and despairingly, he leans his forehead on the window as he only whispers in a voice filled with both mixtures of remorse and pain, “I am sorry.”

 

Closing his eyes as a sign of defeat and loss, the memories of them together, her smile, her laughter, her tears and her eyes that were once filled with unspoken pains all flashed rapidly in his mind as if it was only yesterday that it happen.

 

His both hands gradually turns into a fist, as he slams on the glass window angry at himself, at his uselessness while at the same time the silver ring that he once held in his hand slid out of his grip and drops onto the marble floor which the sound of the ring having contact with the floor echo through the lonely and quiet room.

 

**********

 

2011

 

His hand stretched out as he took a step forward closer toward her and without a word, he wrapped both hands around her slim waist, holding her tightly toward him “don’t leave me” he whispered with tears forming in his eyes as he uttered lastly, “I love you.”

 

“Cut” a loud and a frustrated voice suddenly shouted as a middle age man in his early forties stood up from his chair with his hand holding onto a booklet, “next scene” he called impatiently which upon his word, the crews and the entire staffs immediately moved from their spots and started to prepare for the next scene that they are about to shoot.  

Kim Myungsoo instantly released his grip on her as he took a step back in retreat with his face blushing embarrassingly and awkwardly as he watched her from behind, not knowing as what to say.

 

Using her two slim fingers, she gently wiped away the eyes drops before twirling around to Myungsoo. “Oppa, you are so talented in acting. That part, that scene and those words, you spoke it with so much emotion” she praised highly as she flashed out her common sweet innocent smile.

 

Hearing her compliment Myungsoo beamed in joy at her words, “Jiyeon you spoke and think too highly of me, I still have a lot to learn” he whispered back in a soft and modest tone before throwing a quick glance behind him at the director’s frown. “I better go and finish all my scenes, I will catch you later” he excused himself and Jiyeon only bobbed with her smile remaining on her face as she stood there and watched Myungsoo walked away to prepare himself.

 

As soon as he was out of sight, the smile that was on her face immediately faded away as she headed up toward the plastic chair and slumped onto it at once. Jiyeon’s personal assistant instantaneously handed her a cup of warm water that she grabbed in haste and placed by her thin lip as she allowed the warm liquid to slid through .

 

“Ji-Jiyeon” her assistant stuttered out nervously as she glanced at Jiyeon tensely and without giving her subordinate’s a glance or a look, she only questioned in an uninterested tone, “what is it?”

 

Hesitating for a brief moment as unsure what to do, she took out a deep breath before pulling out today’s newspaper from her back, “have you seen the newspaper today?” She asked and simply curious at her unforeseen question, Jiyeon glanced at the newspaper before without a word, roughly snatched it.

 

Unfolding the newspaper, her eyes widened in fury and rage instantly as she gazed at the headline and the photo of herself that was printed on the newspaper. While standing beside her and watching Jiyeon with concern at her ultimate silence, she didn’t dare to say or utter a single word. Instead she only squeezed her eyes shut as to her correct prediction Jiyeon quietly tightened her grip on her ceramic cup in anger before without a word or warning, she slammed it down onto the ground causing it to shattered into pieces.

 

**********

 

“The plane to Canada is about to depart, for passengers boarding on the CA231 plane, please head to B2 to check in” a female voice spoke out from the loud speaker that was inserted in every single corner of the airport.

 

A young man in his early thirties stepped out and standing in the center of the crowded airport, his hand clutched onto the strap of his bag while with his another hand in his pocket. His eyes darted around his own surrounding and his lip twitched into a slight smile as he gazed around with a sense of belonging. To him Kim Jaejoong, it had been three years, three years since he had last stepped into Korea and just by hearing his own native language immediately widened the smile that was on his face.

 

He urged a step forward and gazing down on the ground at the fallen newspaper that have clear marks of footprints, he picked it up slowly and gazing at the headline, he only shook his head, “media these days. They really don’t know when to stop” he stated in a voice of disapprove and displease before folding back the newspaper.

 

Suddenly, unexpected to himself  “Jaejoong” a cheerful voice called out and hearing his name, Jaejoong gazed at the direction of the voice before calling back happily “Hyung.”  With a delightful grin, he held out his hand widely which his assistant rushed toward him and enveloped into Jaejoong’s embrace,  “Jaejoong ah, I had miss you.”

 

Chuckling lightly at the words of his manager, he pulled away slowly “please Hyung, don’t be so cheesy” he commented and only nodded understandingly in return, “but Jaejoong, it really is good to see you again and good to be able to work for you again.”

 

Pulling away from the embrace, Jaejoong in a swift movement took off his sunglasses, “it is good to be back in Korea, it feel goods to be back here” he declared with his voice hinting a sense of sadness and detecting the despondency in his tone, his manager patted him lightly on the shoulder before suggested knowing in an attempt to change the topic,  “anyway let’s go. We should probably pay Mr Lee a visit.”

 

“You are right, we should pay him a visit but not now, this is not the right time. I have something more important to do, something much more important that I have to take care off” he expressed and with a frown on his face for the first time, “Jaejoong, I don’t think that it is a wise idea, if either the press or Mr Lee knows that you didn’t go to him the first thing you came back from America, he won’t be happy.”

 

Avoiding the eyes and the gazes of his pleading manager, he only placed his sunglasses back on before shrugging his shoulder carelessly and coldly, “since the days I debuted you had been my manager, you should know very well that I don’t care as to what other people says” Jaejoong expressed determinedly and without giving him an opportunity to say anything he only strolled past him and out of the airport, leaving his manager standing there, watching him helplessly as he shook his head and uttered to no one in particular, “sometimes I really don’t understands with that temper and attitude of yours, how can you become an idol?”

 

**********

 

His eyes moved along the gifts that were placed on the table in surprise and astonishment before he commented loudly, “Hyung you have a lot of fans.” A soft chortle was heard in respond as Jung Yunho stepped out with his hand holding onto a bottle of water casually.

 

Kim Junsu immediately turned to him and gazed at him in admiration, “I also want to be like you Hyung. I want to be as popular and as successful as you” he confessed honestly and bluntly which only looking at him with a soft expression, “Junsu if only you believe that you then you can. If you believe that you can be successful and a top idol then you can, no one can stop you.”

 

His words only caused Junsu’s lip to twitch into a smile, “Hyung the three of us all stepped in this industry together at the same time but look at the success of you two. Look at the popularity you two have now and look at me. You two are all the way ahead while I am just back down here. I sometime don’t even know whether this is a right and correct path for me” he expressed forlornly as he sat down on the chair quietly.

 

Watching the man that had always been a cheerful man, Yunho with a sense of pity and sympathy headed up to Junsu and placing a hand on his shoulder in a supporting manner, “the path of an idol is not easy and does not guarantee success but I know you, I know what you Kim Junsu is capable of and your ability. I know that you will one day be successful, you will definitely one day surpass me.”

 

Junsu didn’t say a single word as he only stared deeply at Yunho’s eyes and to Yunho’s surprise, he grabbed hold of his hand, “Hyung I think I have fallen in love with you” he said in a serious without any smile on his face and as soon as his words were released from his lip, Yunho gently pushed Junsu’s head with his other hand while exclaiming at the same time, “I was being serious and you were taking it as a joke.”

 

Laughing at Yunho’s reaction, Junsu nodded understandingly “I understand, I really do Hyung and you know me, I won’t give up easily.” Standing up from the chair and heading for the door instead, his hand grabbed onto the metal door knob but instead of pushing open the door, he twirled his head around “Hyung don’t forget about tonight’s dinner” he reminded Yunho whom only nodded as he drank the remaining drip of the cold water.

 

Lowering the empty bottle away from his lip, “three years, he had left for three years. I wonder have he change” Yunho murmured softly in a volume that was only heard by the two of them and not knowing how to answer as even himself don’t know the answer, Junsu simply shrugged, “I don’t know whether have he change or not but there are something that you just can’t change. Coming to think of it, when he left Korea, Cho Hee wasn’t even born and now she is already three years old. I am sure that he will be delight and exultant to see Cho Hee.” Finally twisting the knob and pushing it open, he took a step forward but only stopped again as he looked back at Yunho,  “see you and Yuri tonight” he exclaimed with a wide beam before finally closing the door.

 

Only continue on staring blankly at the door, Yunho slowly leaned toward the bench behind him, “three years, I wonder had he let go of what happen three years ago” he muttered quietly in concern.

 

 

**********

 

His every single steps were taken heavily as he gripped on the plastic wrappers of the bouquet of calla lilies tightly as he can still recalls that calla lilies was her favourite flowers, he can still remembers that she had once told him that she loved it due to the pureness of the white lilies.

 

Jaejoong walked down the empty and quiet pathway slowly, he shifted his eyes onto the lilies before he blinked his eyes and a drop of tears dripped down as how he wished that he could go back in times, how he wished that she was still alive and is beside right now.

 

Stopping in his own pace, he eyed at the back of a woman and despite not able to see or have a clear view of her face, Jaejoong already concluded as to who she is just by the glance of the bouquet of calla lilies that she had brought along with her. 

 

Author's Note

I am deeply sorry for the long update but as now i have more spare times then therefore i should be able to update more frequently. I am also deeply sorry if it is boring currently as it is still the introduction of many of the characters so please bear with me and please do comment and tell me what you think. 

Also extremely thank you to Cedar for the poster ^^ even though it cannot fit all the characters but still it is beautiful