Chapter 1

Silence is Golden and So Are My Boys

  _

_______________________________________________________________________

Silence is Golden And They Are Too

_______________________________________________________________________

Sun Ho Sook puffed up her cheeks and looked at the big apartment in front of her. She looked at the floor for any traces of dirt and was satisfied when she found that there were none. She let out a small contented smile and jumped on the comfortable, red sofa right next to her.

I’m finally done! Now I can watch some cartoons. And Afterwards, I can start to prepare the Oppas’ dinners. Ho Sook cheerfully thought as she the TV and started to flip through the channels, pausing when she found a children’s television channel that was currently running an episode of ‘SpongeBob.’

Ho Sook smiled and watched as her favorite cartoon character danced around a music hall with his best buddy, Patrick. She glanced at the white clock hanging on the wall above the TV ’11:30PM’, it read.

Ho Sook smile grew wider as she realized that her oppas were going to arrive home soon. She continued to watch her favorite cartoon show in silence and jumped up when she heard the cell phone ring. She turned off the TV and walked over to her small, pink touch screen phone that was charging in the kitchen.

Oppa’s video calling me. Ho Sook picked up the phone and patiently waited for her oppa to talk to her, “Yobosaeyo?” Ho Sook’s expression brightened when she saw the face of her Lee Hong Ki Oppa and gave him a smile as soon as she heard his voice.

“Suki-ah? Jungie and I are going to be coming home late, okay? So don’t wait up for us,” Ho Sook felt a pout form on her face. Hong Ki seemed to notice her little pout and let out a chuckle, “Suki..You know we have a late recording today…I don’t want you to be tired tomorrow so go and get some rest, Arasseo?”

Ho Sook still had a small pout on her face, but slowly nodded, but you need the rest more than I do Oppa…Just look at your tired eyes…Ho Sook really wished could say those words to her beloved oppa. She placed her phone on the couch and did a small heart with her hands.

Hong Ki smiled at how cute his dongsaeng was acting, “Sarangheyo,” He said before passing the phone on to his blonde friend that was sitting beside him.

“Jung Mo Oppa loves you too,” Hong Ki quickly said, chuckling when Jung Mo froze from his sudden attack.

“…Y-Yeah.” Was all that the Kim Jung Mo could say before Hong Ki had hung up the phone.

Ho Sook bit her lip and let out a small, silent sigh. She headed out to the fridge in search of ingredients and started to make some dinner for her Oppas, she decided that she would not sleep until they came home. She wanted to make sure that they ate before they went to sleep.

Ho Sook knew her Oppas better than anyone else in the world, and she knew that they were used to skipping dinners if they were going to be recording songs for their new album for the whole day.

Ho Sook smiled as she stirred the Kim chi into the fried rice along with the fried meat and some vegetables.  She felt her stomach growl with hunger and finished preparing the meal.

She had made some Kim Chi rice, A Quick Soup and some Fried Meat for her Oppas. She placed the food on the plates, placed the rice into some bowls. She then prepared the spoon and fork, before neatly placing them on a small wooden table and covering the food so that they would not get exposed to dust and insects.

She then sat down on the floor with her knees to her chest and patiently waited for her Oppas to enter through the white entrance door that was to her right.

Ho Sook glanced at the clock once more, ’2:00AM’ It read. She yawned and rubbed her watery eyes, before she fell into a deep sleep.

-.-.-.-

After the accident between Hong Ki and Her, Hong Ki actually kept his word and took her to his apartment, where she was going to stay for the time being.

Ho Sook was stunned by his kind actions, no one had ever treated her nicely. Hong Ki even bought her a new set of wardrobe because his car had run over and tore most of the clothes in her small backpack.

Hong Ki diligently and carefully took care of Ho Sook. He cooked her meals and fed them to her, even though she could have fed herself. He also talked her a lot, not minding that she was silent at all.

Hong Ki even learned how to read sign language just so that she could respond without having to write down her answers all the time. He also gave her a small nickname, ‘Suki.’ When Ho Sook had asked what it meant, Hong Ki let out a small chuckle before saying, ‘It’s a Japanese slang word. It can mean either love or like. And right now, you feel like a little sister to me, so I’m giving you that nickname.”

After a couple of weeks, Ho Sook slowly started to warm up to him, she was touched by his immense kindness. And Because of his constant love and care, she quickly recovered, surprising both Hong Ki and the doctor who had treated her in the hospital.

They did not expect her to recover so fast, after all she recovered in just a month and Hong Ki’s face still had some scratches that did not yet heal.

After she recovered, Ho Sook found herself trying to find things to do in order to please him and thank him. She cooked food for him, cleaned his apartment many times and even tried searching for a job in order to pay him back for all the money he spent on her clothes.

Even though Hong Ki had told her that she didn’t need to pay him back, Ho Sook still insisted. So Hong Ki came up with the idea that she be something like a live-in maid since he knew how much she wanted to pay him back and how she didn’t have anywhere else to go. She could cook for him and do some chores, while staying in the apartment.

The thought made Ho Sook really happy, she quickly agreed to it. After a couple of months of working under Hong Ki, Ho Sook had met Jung Mo.

She felt her heart race when she saw an angel, who had the same golden blonde hair as Hong Ki, entered the room. Ho Sook felt her cheeks redden when beautifully –shaped eyes had looked at her direction.

Hong Ki had introduced them to each other, and Ho Sook felt her small, dainty hands shake with excitement. She was going to make a new friend, and hopefully he would be just as nice as Hong Ki was.  She learned that the two of them belonged to a rock band, that Hong Ki was the lead singer, and that Jung Mo was the guitarist in the band. They had even played a few songs for her just to break the ice between them.

Jung Mo had been awkward with her at first, he used to awkwardly exchange hellos and stay silent after or just plainly sitting there, pretending to blank out.

“He just doesn’t know how to properly express his feelings,” Hong Ki would always tell her, chuckling at how cute his little dongsaeng-like friend acted because of Jung Mo. It was no secret to him that she obviously had a HUGE crush on his best friend.

Ho Sook loved how Hong Ki knew everything about her; she loved how he knew what she was feeling even if she did not sign it out. He knew what she was thinking, even though she didn’t voice it out at all. She felt like someone had finally understood her.

A couple of months had passed by and Ho Sook started to feel frustrated because Jung Mo wouldn’t even glance her way when she tried to sign or write something to him and when he did, he would just give her a blank stare and walk out of the room to get Hong Ki.  She felt sad because she knew that even though some months had passed by, Jung Mo still was not comfortable being around her.

Ho Sook wished that he would like her, and cried when she realized that he probably likes girls who can talk better when she saw him smiling around some girls who were talking to him.

After a while, Ho Sook felt that even Hong Ki had started to grow a little frustrated towards her. She remembered one night when Hong Ki had arrived home late, smelling of alcohol. She tried to help him but he pushed her roughly and said, “Can’t you do something more than just sign?’’ He coldly asked her.

Ho Sook felt tears running down her face as he continued talking, “Stand up for yourself! I heard about those girls who used to bully you when you were a child! You should talk! Talk and fight back when someone says something bad about you! Don’t just stand there! I also hear people talking about you now! Even though you’re in the room!” He yelled before he suddenly collapsed.

Ho Sook’s eyes widened when she saw that it was Jung Mo who had knocked Hong Ki out. He gave her a soft, apologetic smile, but a smile nevertheless. “He didn’t mean that…He’s just drunk that’s all..He really cares about you, So Hook and is worried about you..And frankly so am I,” He said, before kneeling down and giving her a small hug.

Ho Sook’s eyes widened. She returned the hug and cried. She decided that she would no longer be a nuisance to them, so she ran away that night, leaving a small note behind for the confused boys to read.

I’m sorry for being such a bother, It read. When Hong Ki had realized what he had done, Jung Mo and him searched high and low until they found her.

They searched the whole neighborhood and let out a small sigh of relief when they found her in a park nearby Hong Ki’s apartment.

That was the day the three of them had become inseparable, closer and best friends. Hong Ki had made sure to not be so harsh towards her and Jung Mo had made sure to let her be more aware of his feelings.

The three had become more like a family, and when Ho Sook realized that, she grew really happy. For once in her life, after meeting her oppas, she felt like she had a reason to live.

For once in her life, she felt motivated to trying to get her ability to speak back. If it were to make their lives better, Ho Sook decided that she would teach herself how to speak again, no matter how long it took.

-.-.-

Two different colored eyes snapped open and Ho Sook quickly sat up on her bed. She had a small nightmare, she dreamed that Hong Ki Oppa and Jung Mo Oppa had thrown her out of the apartment and started to act really mean to her and told her to die.

She felt beads of sweat form on her forehead, Wait! Are the Oppas back home? Ho Sook froze and ran out her room, towards the hall, where she saw her two oppas relaxing on the couch.

She felt herself calm down and took a deep breath, she felt her eyes starting to close again and let out a big yawn.

Her actions made the two golden-haired boys look in her direction, making her blush. Ho Sook gave them a smile and waved, and let out a small squeak when she felt herself being pushed back due to a big force.

Hong Ki hugged her tightly, a smile playing on his lips. “Suki! Your food was so yummy! We missed you yesterday,” He dragged on the last part and hugged her even tighter.

Ho Sook smiled at his nickname for her, and lightly patted his head. “We made some pancakes for you!” Hong Ki said excitedly, as he quickly ran to the kitchen.

Ho Sook blinked, and Jung Mo let out a small chuckle, ‘That Pabo is saying that but he ate your food, by mistake.” He explained to her and Ho Sook silently laughed along with him.

Smiling, she took a seat beside him and pointed at the familiar book he was reading. Jung Mo shifted his position near her and placed the book on her lap. “This is a book on sign language,” He said and Ho Sook rolled her eyes.

Jung Mo let out another chuckle and placed his hand on her head, “I can’t always have Hong Ki translate your signing to me all the time you know,” He said and Ho Sook felt her eyes start to water. He was willing to learn sign language just for her? She felt so touched. Jung Mo seemed to notice this and smiled at her, before ruffling her hair.

Ho Sook gave him a heartfelt smile and hugged him. Jung Mo was shocked at first, but slowly started to wrap his arms around her petite waist.

“Suki! Here is your- Wait, Are you crying? Jung Mo what did you do?!”

Jung Mo and Ho Sook silently laughed at their silly friend, making Hong Ki pout.

-.-.-.-.-

Ho Sook puffed up her cheeks and smiled when Hong Ki poked her cheek, she felt goose bumps forming on her body when she felt his finger touch her dimple.

Hong Ki quickly took out his finger and gave her a sheepish smile, “Sorry,” He said. They were currently waiting in a private booth for Jung Mo; he had something important to tell them and decided that he would tell them during dinner.

Ho Sook felt excitement running through her veins, as she too had something that she wanted to ‘tell’ her oppas. She wanted them to know that she had been trying hard to be able to speak again, she had been practicing so hard when they weren’t around and she could now say, ‘Oppa.’ Well..She could sound it out a bit? But nonetheless, she was making great progress!

“Junngiee!!! You’re finally here! I thought that we’d be stuck here FOREVER!” Hong Ki whined, he gave Jung Mo a teasing smile and stuck out his tongue at him. “Right, Suki?” Hong Ki nudged the girl to his right, who snapped out of her trance and nodded her head in agreement.

“See? Even Suki felt that way” He teased Jung Mo, whose eye started to twitch in annoyance.

“Shikkeureowo! You’re being noisy!” Jung Mo lightly hit his best friend’s head before he swatted his Hong Ki’s arm, “Stop hogging all the space,” Jung Mo whined, as he pushed his friend’s figure.

Hong Ki let out a loud wail, “Are you calling me fat?” He pouted, and looked at Ho Sook, “Suki..Am I fat?” He asked her, as he let out a sniffle.

Ho Sook watched him in amusement before shaking her head, “Thanks Suki, At least I can count on one of my best friends’ to be nice,” Hong Ki said as he fake cried.

“I didn’t call you fat, I just told you to move over,” Jung Mo stated, as he took a sip of his cola.

“I ordered the food and they said that it’ll take them a minute or something like that…” Jung Mo stated, as he started to fiddle with his straw.

Ho Sook bit her lip; she was wondering how she would tell them that she was practicing how to speak, should she surprise them now? Or after Jung Mo-oppa went first?

“Suki? Is something wrong?” Hong Ki asked her, he noticed her furrowed eyebrows and her biting her lip.

Ho Sook looked up from the table and shook her head, ‘No..I’m just thinking.’ She signed to Hong Ki.

The two boys looked at her and smiled, “Okay Sukiii…Jung Mo what did you bring us here for again?” Hong Ki asked Jung Mo, giving him a knowing look; Jung Mo looked back at him and gave him a small glare.  You know why I brought the two of you here.

Hong Ki coughed, “Guys…I’m going to be right back...I have to…Go check on our food! Yeah that’s what I have to do!” Hong Ki nervously excused himself from the table. He almost tripped over Jung Mo on his way out, earning a glare from the golden-haired boy.

Ho Sook silently laughed at how silly her oppa was; she wondered why he sounded nervous though.

The room fell silent when Hong Ki had left the booth. “So Hook…” Jung Mo started, trying to break the silence.

Ho Sook looked at him with curious eyes, Yes, oppa? She silently asked in her head. “There’s something I need to tell you…” Jung Mo started to fiddle with his fingers.

Ho Sook’s eyebrows furrowed, ‘What about Hong Ki oppa?’ She signed to him, hoping that he would understand.

Jung Mo didn’t completely understand what she signed to him, but he understood what she was trying to say when he saw her sign ‘Hong Ki.’

“He’ll find out later, He’s always gossiping away anyways, so I’m sure he’ll find out even if I don’t tell him” Jung Mo said, waving his hand in the air, earning a giggle from Ho Sook.

Jung Mo suddenly felt nervous again and took another sip of his cola. Ho Sook puffed up her cheeks, and Jung Mo took this as a bad sign. Whenever Ho Sook puffed up her cheeks, it was a sign that she was going to zone out soon.

Jung mo was planning his next move, and during his nervousness, he accidently smacked Hong Ki’s glass of water.

Ho Sook froze, before she took a paper towel from the table and started to wipe his shirt. Jung Mo felt a blush creep up to his cheeks and looked away when he felt her small, dainty hands place themselves on his shirt.

“It’s okay,” He stuttered, he blushed even harder when he stuttered. Ho Sook looked up surprised, and let out a small smile; she thought it was cute seeing him flustered for once.

Jung Mo took a deep breath, ‘Ho Sook…There’s something I need to tell you…” He started, only to see that she was still busy trying to clean the liquid mess from the table.

‘Ho Sook..I like you..’ Jung Mo said, he spoke so fast that Ho Sook almost missed what he had said. Ho Sook froze; she looked at the small pool water on the table.

She felt her heart beat really fast and her breathing became really shallow. She bit her lip, am I dreaming?

Jung Mo watched her reaction and sighed, he misunderstood what her shallow breathing meant, and he thought that she was panicking. He felt a sting where his heart was, and swallowed some spit with much difficulty.

Jung Mo had loved her the moment he met her, the moment he looked into her beautiful eyes. He loved her even if she could not speak, he loved how she was silent most of the time, but her personality made up for it, she was easy to read, he felt like he understood even if there were no words being exchanged.

He had wanted to tell her his feelings for a while, heck he even asked Hong Ki for advice! Hong Ki had been the perfect best friend too, he had even set this whole evening up just so that Jung Mo could tell Ho Sook how he felt about her.

“I’m sorry.. I knew I shouldn’t have said anything.” Jung Mo sadly said, before he started to make his way to the exit.

Ho Sook saw that he was leaving and started to panic, she couldn’t grab his hand because he was all the way at the other side of the table, “Oppa!” She yelled out, she was so caught up in the moment that the words just flew out of .

Jung Mo froze before he turned back to look at her, “Did you just call me Oppa?” He asked, surprised, his eyes were wide and his mouth was slightly open.

Ho Sook nodded, “Oppa,” She managed to whisper out, “I love….” She found that she couldn’t say the next words, just because she said ‘oppa’ didn’t mean that she could magically talk again.

Ho Sook slowly made her way out from the table, and when she reached where Jung Mo was, she gave him a tight hug.

Jung Mo hugged her back, he was still surprised, and he felt so many emotions running through him. But he mostly felt shock running through him.

“You said, ‘Oppa!’ Jung Mo exclaimed, he had a wide smile on his face, as he hugged her even tighter. “You called me ‘Oppa!” He said happily, as if she was a toddler who said her first words.

“Oppa,” Ho Sook happily said, as she placed a hand on his cheek. Jung Mo looked down at her, and his eyes widened when he felt two soft lips press themselves on his cheek.

Ho Sook dug her head where his shoulder blade and his neck had met, she felt so embarrassed doing that.

“Does this mean..?” Jung Mo started, unsure of what was happening at first, but understood what had just happened when he saw her eyes glancing lovingly at his, before she placed her head back in her previous spot.

Jung Mo wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead, “I love you Ho Sook.” He whispered into her ear, as his right hand slowly caressed her hair.

Ho Sook smiled, and kissed his cheek once more, before hugging him again.

I love you too, Jung Mo-Oppa….Ho Sook thought, a big smile painted on her lips. The two heard the door open and saw Hong Ki entering.

Hong Ki looked at the two before a goofy smile made its way to his face, “What do we have here? I see that Ho Sook took the news perfectly fine? When do I get to see little Jung Mos running around?” Hong Ki teased them, earning a small hit on the head from the two of them.

“Oppa,” Ho Sook said in a scolding voice, earning a surprised look from Hong Ki.

“You can talk? You just called me Oppa! Jung Mo! In Your face, she called me Oppa before you!!!” Hong Ki said, as he jumped all over the booth in excitement.

Jung Mo let out a smirk, “Are you sure about that?” He said, cockily, making Hong Ki stop jumping.

“What? She called you Oppa first? Sukiiiii I thought I was your best friend? How could you do this to me?’ Hong Ki ranted on about how she met him first so she should have called him ‘Oppa’ first.

Ho Sook smiled, and she looked at the two men she loved with every fiber of her being. My boys, I’ll love them forever! I’m so glad I met them! Ho Sook thought, silently laughing when she saw the two play fighting.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry for any grammatical errors. I had the sudden urge to post this without showing it to be beta reader, but i sort of edited it myself, or tried to. xD

I really hope that you like it! Thank you for readint my story! Comments and Suggestions are welcome! :]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Characters, Jung Mo or Hong Ki, but i own the plot of the story and this story is meant for entertainment purposes only.

- The Winter Fairy