Little White Lie

Flashback

     ~Hongie's coming back today!~ Ohyoung felt very happy happy at this thought. She was on her way to the airport to pick up her bestfriend.

      She waited Junhong at the bench and when she saw Junhong, she waved at him and he waved back. "How are you?" Junhong asked.

      Ohyoung stared at Junhong for awhile and thought ~of course I'm not fine! Youngjae and Daehyun are killing me! Especially Daehyun~ she wanted to tell Junhong exactly that but she thouht that what Junhong doesn't know won't hurt him. So she just replied, "I'm fine"

      "So, how's your uncle?" Ohyoung asked. 

      "He's feeling better already. You know, I'm a really good 'doctor'" Junhong replied with a cute chuckle.

      They went to a cafe to have a chat and some drinks. "How's school  all by yourself, Youngie?" Junhong suddenly asked.

      Hearing that question, Ohyoung's mind went flashback to that Friday ~Daehyun did something... but I shouldn't tell~ she thought.

      "Youngie?" Junhong snapped his fingers.

      "Oh I'm fine. No problem for a week" she lied and flashed a smile before going back to drinking her hot latte.

      "What about Youngjae and Daehyun?" Junhong asked, stirring his hot chocolate.

      "Oh them? They didn't do anything." Ohyoung slipped another lie. Junhong gave the 'are you being serious' expression but Ohyoung looked away and Junhong just let it slide.

      Monday came fast and Ohyoung wasn't feeling well. Junhong came by to pick her up. Ohyoung's mom greeted him and told him that Ohyoung wasn't feeling well.

     "knock. knock. Hey gorgeous" Junhong opened Ohyoung's door and quickly came to her side and put the back on his hand on Ohyoung's forehead. "Are you sick?" Junhong asked.

     "Duh, stupid. Of course I'm sick. What else?" Ohyoung answered and laughed.

     Junhong pretend that he was offended by the word 'stupid' and puts his hand on his chest, "Ouch, Youngie, that really hurts" Ohyoung giggled and cupped both of his cheeks. "So, should I stay here with you?" Junhong decided.

      ~I really want you to stay but I don't want to burden you~ she thought. "No. You should just go to school. You can come over after school, okay?" Ohyoung said.

     "Hmm okay then. I'll be back soon. Get some good rest, okay?" Junhong answered and gave a kiss on Ohyoung's forehead.

      So following what Ohyoung wanted, Junhong went to school. He sat on his chair and waited for his physics teacher to come when suddenly...

 

clap. clap. clap.

 

      "Last week she was all alone. This week, he's all alone? Did you guys fight or something?" Youngjae said.

      "She's sick." Junhong replied Youngjae, short. He ignored the boys and took some of his stuff from his bag.

      Daehyun neared Junhong and puts his arm on Junhong's shoulder, "You want me to accompany you like I accompanied your beautiful bestfriend?" Daehyun smirked.

      Junhong got up and slammed Daehyun against the wall. "Don't you dare touch her, you bastard" his facial expressions were serious but Daehyun didn't take him seriously.

      "Touch her? Hmph. I kissed her, . Even so, I would've her up since she's such a pretty-" Daehyun's words were cut off when Junhong punched him and Daehyun fell. Youngjae defended Daehyun and punched Junhong. Daehyun was on top of Junhong, punching him back. HARD. Junhong's lips were swollen and Daehyun's eyes were already turned black. Junhong grabbed Daehyun's collar and was about to punch Daehyun when...

      "Choi Junhong!" Mrs. Lee, their physics teacher came in. "Both of you. Principal's office. NOW!" 

      "You both always fight. If it's not with Youngjae, it's with Daehyun. So Junhong, explain." The principal sound pissed.

      "This ing bastard disturbed-" Junhong was cut off.

      "How dare you use such words infront of me! Both of you. Detention. NOW!" the pricipal decided.

      "Thanks a lot, bastard" Daehyun 'thanked' Junhong for getting him into detention.

      "You're the one who started it, er" Junhong replied. So they went to detention for 3 hours.

      After 3 hours detention, Junhong went to ohyoung's house and knocked on the door. Ohyoung opened it and Junhong asked, "Oh, where's your mom?"

      "She's at the grocery store. She'd be her in a couple of minutes." Ohyoung replied. She then noticed the bruises on Junhong's face and her eyes widened. "What happened to you, Hongie?"

      ~Oh . Forgot about that~ he cursed himself. "Oh that.. I-I fell at- um.. school" he stuttered.

      "Oh wow. Nice cover. 10 years of friendship and you think I don't know when you're lying?" Ohyoung invited him in and they went upstairs to her room. "Spill it, idiot."

      Junhong let out a heavy sigh before he said, "I got into a fight with the two bastards."

      Ohyoung cupped Junhong's cheeks and gave a worried expression. "Why do you keep on fighting with them, Hongie?"

      "Because of you. And you lied to me" Junhong's expression can't be read and that frightens Ohyoung even more. "You lied when I asked about those bastards. You said they didn't do trouble. But they did.. especially Daehyun"

      Ohyoung let go of his cheeks and explained, "I didn't want to tell-" Junhong suddenly stood up, stopping Ohyoung from finishing her explanation. He looked dissapointed and left Ohyoung's house.

      Ohyoung cried in her room what felt like hours. She can't seem to stop crying and kept repeating "sorry Hongie" for God knows how many times.

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

      Ohyoung was reaching for the top shelf but was to short for it. "Do you need help?" A seven-year-old Junhong approached her. He lifted Ohyoung on his shoulder so she could reach for the crayons on the top shelf.

     "Thanks, Hongie!" seven-year-old Ohyoung smiled and hugged Junhong tight.

     Junhong was always there for her. ~Am I gonna loose my bestfriend? I can't even take care of myself for a week~ thinking about that makes her cry even more.

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

      For a week, Junhong didn't spoke or even looked at Ohyoung. He even stopped coming to her house. Ohyoung felt someone puts an arm on her shoulder. ~These bastards again~ Daehyun and Youngjae was disturbing Ohyoung again. "Daehyun had fun with you. Can I have fun too?" Youngjae teased. Daehyun just chuckled. 

      "Oh . It's Junhong" Daehyun cursed. Ohyoung was hoping that Junhong would help her out but he just passed by the three of them. That broke Ohyoung's heart into a million pieces. "You guys faught?" Daehyun asked. Ohyoung didn't answer him and ran from them to the bathroom. She cried her eyes out after that.