In denial?

I'm Just a Fan, Number 1 Fan



-Yuri’s POV-

“Her?” I asked Tyler. I looked back at him and he just nodded with his eyes fixed on her. Turning back to Jessica, I saw her slowly heading her way to us. I flashed my smile that can charms and attracts everyone. As I take my step towards Jessica, Tyler overtook me and went in front of her, leaving me sigh in displeasure.

“Hey pretty lady~ Do you mind going out for a while? It is still early to call it a day.” Tyler dropped out as he held onto Jessica’s arm, in which she quickly yet lightly brushed out. I can see the obvious unease feeling in her eyes. “Oh, I’m sorry, Jessica. So… can we go out for a friendly hang-out?”

“Why not? / Can’t.” Jessica and I said in unison. I supposedly want to invite Jessica to have a movie marathon later on but this forehead guy made his move first and being a good-natured and considerate woman, she didn’t rejected Tyler’s offer.

“Yuri said 'can’t' so I guess she'll permit us to go together. Right, Yuri?” Tyler stated as he elbows me on my waist. Yeah, I knew what he’s up to. He is taking this chance to be alone with my chaperone. He wants to go out with Jessica alone. Ugh.

“Sure, as long as she likes to.” I answered as I lip-pointed Jessica. I just hope she doesn’t accept it. No. Say no, Sica.

“Oh… Okay.” ! Jessica accepted the offer and it made Tyler do a fist-pump on air. I rolled my eyes without them noticing. Pointing my thumb at the parking area, I signaled them to excuse me. Yeah, I’ll just go home and watch downloaded videos. Shifting my head a bit, I overlooked on my shoulder and saw the two walking to the other side of the parking lot where Tyler positioned his new Ford Mustang. Tyler is now wearing his cap and face/mouth mask as his disguise.

“They won’t take long, right?” I murmured. My mind is torn in 2 decisions right now. I feel lazy to go out and actually I just want to stay at home, but I’m thinking what if Tyler does something bad or malice to her. He won’t right? Tyler is kind although… he is often linked to some leading ladies of his directed movies and shows.

I need to go with them. I thought as I wear my cap, shades and face mask.






Screech!

A car loud screeching can be heard at the recording site. Everyone felt eased when I smiled and signaled them that everything is just fine. I rushed towards Tyler’s car when I saw them leaving. I made a decision. I’ll go with them, not because I’m jealous but because I am concerned with my chaperone.

“Are you okay? / Are you hurt?” Tyler and Jessica asked at the same time as both of them got down from the car.

“Yes. I’m fine.” I told them with assurance.  I just realized from where I was standing that I really almost got hit. Well, nothing bad happened so it’s okay. At least I caught up with them, or else something worst might happen. “Oppa, can I go with you?”

“Eh… Sure?” Tyler answered half statement and half question. I can read from his face’s reaction that he felt disappointed with my request. Soon as he motioned us to go inside the car, Tyler went to the front passenger seat and opened the door for Jessica. Before she can step towards it, I lightly grabbed Jessica’s arm, making her surprised. Pulling her with me, I passed by Tyler and went to the back area. I slid in and sat on the rear seat with Jessica following me. I caught Tyler’s eyes following our movements. I smiled and nodded to motion him to start the journey.






-Arcade games area-

“Hey, Yuri. Look at this thing. Whoa.” I looked at Jessica who is standing in front of an electro-mechanical game. I smiled upon seeing her act like a cute innocent kid pointing towards it. I noticed Tyler passed me by and walked towards Jessica. Doing what he did earlier at recording site, I overtook him and looped my arm onto Jessica’s arm, making us closer as we entangle ourselves.

“What’s that?” Tyler asked as soon as he arrives behind us.

“We can choose one dog to bet on with tokens and these 6 dogs will race towards the finish line. The bad thing about this is that we can’t help nor control the dogs. They race with their own and it’s pure luck for our choices to win. But if our chosen dog finished first in this race with obstacle, our tokens will be paid with the numbers written beside the name of the dog… Do you both get it?”

I and Tyler nodded after listening to Jessica’s explanation. Putting one token in the slot, I controlled the joystick and choose a dog. It says that the last obstacle is narrow tires. This is so easy. I’ll choose the smallest dog among them- the beagle.

“Oh my turn. I’ll choose that Labrador retriever.” I snickered upon hearing Tyler’s statement. He moved the joystick and chose the biggest dog among the six. The Labrador retriever will get it hard in small narrow tires, i'm sure about it.

“I’ll bet to the same dog as Tyler's.” Jessica said, making me roll my eyes. Does she like this guy that even with this obvious thing, she’ll side to him? It’s obvious that my beagle will finish first without difficulty because of its size.

“I’ll click the start now and...” Tyler stated as he pushes the start button. I cheered like a kid upon seeing my beagle doing great as it passes the first obstacle faster than the others. I even laughed loudly when their chosen dog fell to the pool. Going to the next obstacle, I cursed when my bet tripped over and disappeared on the screen, leaving the bulldog trailing the narrow tire lane. At the middle of it, the bulldog got stuck on it and got passed over by the Labrador and the other one in which I don’t know what breed is it. I wished for the other one to win but the Labrador won and it made Tyler and Jessica do a high five. As Jessica picks the tokens they won, I tapped Tyler’s shoulder to get his attention.

“Beat the highest score there so you can give the price to Jessica.” I whispered to him as I point towards the seem-like hammer arcade game machine. The higher the score you make compare to the current one, the bigger the size the stuff toy you can take home. Well, it’s just my way to make him lost his fragrance to Jessica. I’m sure he can’t beat the highest score. Soon as we enter here, I already take noticed bout this machine and its current high score is really amazing.

“I’ll won her a big teddy bear.” Tyler softly blurted out as he walks towards the machine. Soon as Jessica finished collecting the tokens, she stood up and I motioned her towards Tyler. Just as the moment we drew closer to the forehead guy, teens around him let out their amazements because he easily beat the score and won the teddy bear with just one shot.

“Wow.” Jessica dropped out when Tyler handed her the stuff toy.

“Visiting the gym is worthy after all.” Tyler confidently uttered. He then held onto my shoulder as we all made our ways out of the arcade games area.

“Wait for me in front of the horror booth. I left my hanky on top of the whac-a-mole.” I stated as I rushed back the arcade place, leaving them in halt.






-Horror booth-

“Wow! This is so cute. Gosh! Thank you very much Yuri!” Jessica excitedly blurted out when I handed her the big cozy Baymax stuff toy. I felt my stomach churns soon as she hugs me tight. Tyler is looking at us and rubbing his nape.

“I can’t believe you beat my hammer game score and won bigger stuff toy.” He let out, making me smirked at him proudly. He just don't know what I did. And of course I won't tell anyone.Tyler turned around and walked towards the booth’s ticketholder. I and Jessica walked hand in hand as we follow Tyler inside the dusty and poorly lit lane.  Soon as faked ghosts started to show up, Jessica kept letting out her dolphin squeals. Taking it as an opportunity, Tyler moved towards us and positioned himself in front of Jessica. I knew what’s in his mind. If Jessica gets scared, she will pull Tyler, hug him and bury her face on his body.

No chance, Tyler oppa.

Letting go of Jessica’s hand, I wrapped my arm around her waist with my other hand supporting her head to my chest. I lead us walk and her squeals became softer and lesser. I gazed back at Tyler and saw him motioning ‘let me comfort her.’ I just puffed my cheeks and started caressing Jessica’s hairs as we get closer to the end side of the booth.

“Yuri, it could have added to my score towards Jessica if you let me do that.” Tyler whispered behind me soon as we got out of the horror booth. I mouthed him ‘next time’ and made him wrinkles his nose. Seeing a certain stall nearby, I held back to Jessica’s arm again, making her lean up at me with curiosity.

“Oppa, can we excuse ourselves to the restroom?” I demanded, earning a nod from the guy. I looked at Jessica who is still as red as tomatoes caused by her fears in horror booth earlier. I winked at her and pulled her to the crowds and made our way to Apple store. We walked back and forth as we search for a phone that can fits my taste. I got lots of choices but I want Jessica to be the one to choose.

“Hey, this one is really pretty and awesome. But it does costs more expensive compare to others.” Finally, Jessica came up with the latest model which I really like too.

“I’ll take that.” I demanded immediately as I walk to the staff.






-Food court-

After hours of strolling and hanging out, we decided to finally fill our stomachs. We went to the food court where I and the staffs usually eat when we’re having a taping nearby. Because of tiredness, I just let Tyler shows his gentleness when he pulls the chair for Jessica. Well, once isn’t bad. Taking the menu cards on top of our table, we made our orders. I preferred eating any pasta but when Tyler decided to take what Jessica ordered, I unhesitatingly choose the same. Why? To ruin his actions of course. He wants Jessica to notice him but this black pearl here won’t let him even do a little score.

Chitchat, eat and laugh- we spent the night with a happy conversation. Everything is going well not until Tyler dropped a question.

“Hey Jessica, is anyone occupying your heart now?” With Tyler’s question, I gazed at Jessica and anticipated for her answer. She took a piece of table napkin and wiped her lips. Everything turned in slow motion when she did that. Her plump red lips make me wanna kiss her. its too seductive.

“I have no BF but I consider myself taken.”  As Jessica talks, my reveries disappeared and I faked a cough in which I and Tyler did it at the same time. Eventually, I looked at him and he is looking back at me. Our eyes seem like talking. I am sure. The moment I felt everything turn into slow motion, he felt the same too. He is ert. “Hey Yuri, Tyler, excuse me for a while. I got a call from my best friend.”

I leaned up and saw Jessica walking towards the door. I looked back and caught Tyler’s sharp stares on me. Suddenly, air is a necessity for me. The cold breeze from the air conditioner added to the situation’s awkwardness is making me shiver. Unable to handle the things, I stood up and I mouth-pointed the hallway to the rest room. The guy nodded as he makes his temples pulse. How? I don’t know but he just did that.

Arriving to the rest room. I went inside and observed the cubicles. No one is there. Taking off the shades and mask, I grabbed and lightly threw them near the sink. I opened the faucet and washed my face. I leaned up and stared at my reflection.

No one should know you’re attracted with same gender as yours, Yuri. I thought.

“Kwon Yuri?” Hearing a lady’s voice from the door, I looked to my side and saw someone covering . Before she can let her squeal out, I motioned my finger in front of her lips. Getting my means, she nodded and gestured her hand zipping . “Can I take a selfie with you? I’m your fan.”

With her whispered request, I flashed a smiled and did a post with her as she takes a picture of us. I then signed her handkerchief as she asked me to. Giving me one warm hug, we vowed to each other and I made my way out of the rest room.

"Gotcha." I heard her murmured when I passed by the door. Ignoring it, I headed my way to Tyler and Jessica as I signal them outside.


















A/N: Upvote for an early update. Thanks!