Getting Complicated

I'm Just a Fan, Number 1 Fan



-Yuri’s POV-

“Now that you know that my daughter is staying in my hotel too, same as you, are you leaving?” Mr. Park stated as he takes a sip on his tea. I took Sandara home and her dad invited me inside for a little conversation.

"I’m going to face everything, Sir. Rather than escaping, this time, I will be brave to handle it.” I answered while having a stare contest with him. I know I have to fix things now. It is now or never. Cutting the battle up, I stood up as I prepare to leave. “Anyway Sir, tell Dara later that a ‘maomao’ called her lots of times earlier. I have answered the last call but the other line hanged up.”

Smiling to the middle-aged man, I vowed and bid him goodbye as I turn around and head to the door. Just the moment I passed through the wide cozy couch, Mr. Park faked a cough, a reason for me to halt.

“Can’t you really accept my daughter again?” He sincerely asked.

“I can’t. I’m sorry, Sir.” I mean it. I just can’t bring back the heartbeat for her now. I already moved on. Or maybe, my heart already feels tired about her- and her stupid alibis. One thing for sure, I will never ever be with Sandara anymore.






-Jessica’s POV-

The bartender said someone took her home. Who? Who is that someone? Her dad? Her ex? Or maybe Donghae oppa?

My mind is full of worries. I and Sandara supposed to meet in that bar but she didn’t show up. I called her many times. Well, she picked up my 11th call but unfortunately my phone got drained. Shrugging my reveries away, I moved towards Yuri’s room’s door and dropped a curse.

! I forgot to ask for Yuri’s password.

Leaning closer, I softly knocked on the door. Hearing no reactions, I knocked for the second time. Sighing in frustrations, I leaned my back against the cold surface of the wall and walled down as I sit with my knees fold in front of my chest.

“Maybe she is still out.” I murmured. I lazily slide my feet and pushes my legs a little bit forward. I then crossed both of my arms on top of my knees. Soon after I feel comfortable, I lowered and rested my forehead on my crossed arms. Slowly, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.






-Yuri’s POV-

After 10 minutes of driving, I arrived to my hotel room with bottles of soju in hand. I let out a ‘jeez’  when I saw Jessica sleeping next to my door. Seeing her like that, I can’t avoid not to approach and look at her innocent face.

Carefully and quietly, I leaned near the sleeping figure and lightly brushed the hairs that cover her cheek to the side, clipping it behind her ear. A smile tinted on my lips as I whisper.

Cute.

Slipping my hand through the plastic bag’s handle, I let the thing slides to my elbow. Assisting myself down, I scooped Jessica and carried her in a bridal style.






-Jessica’s POV-

“Why did you hide it? Why?! Coz you want Yuri for your own? You’re so selfish, Jessica. You know I like to see her too! You’re so selfish!!!” Sandara shouted on top of her lungs.

Slap.


Awakened by a sudden slap in my dream, I slowly opened my eyes and adjusted with the lights. I just got a dream of me having an argument with my best friend. It shows that Sandara is mad coz she found out I’m chaperoning Yuri without even telling her. Will Sandara really get mad if she found out that I’m keeping this as a secret? Should I tell her? Besides, she’s my best friend and we both never hide any secret from each other.
 

“Morning.” I leaned up and saw Yuri standing at my door. She was clad with her bathrobe.

“Morning too.” I answered as I stretch my arms outward.

“Go bath and prepare. I have an anthology series to shoot today.” Yuri stated. Although I want to disagree with it because it’s a work-related plan, I just nodded for the reason that I want to see how she does it behind the cam.

Passing through the door, Yuri left me yawning. Soon after seem-like forever preparation, we finally made our journey to Yuri’s site of recording.






Arriving to our stop, one of the staffs assisted us to Yuri’s clothing area. Soon as we reached the place, the staff explained the clothing arrangement for Yuri’s whole scenes. Soon as she done explaining everything, she finally leaves us alone.

“Yuri, thanks for last night.” I blurted out as I help her button her white long sleeves. While on the way here earlier, she told me about what happened last night. She carried me all the way to my room when she found me sleeping near her door. She said she is planning to drink but I wander why she didn’t continue. “By the way, what time did you came home last night?”

“Pass 12… Next time, fully charge your phone so you can contact me when emergency happens. Babo.”

“Ouch!Yah! Is it my fault if my phone easily gets drained? Esh.” I hissed when Yuri suddenly smacked my forehead. Seeing her laugh, I stood up to make revenge but was cut.

Ring. Ring.

Ring. Ring.


“Hey wait up. I gotta pick this up.” She said. As soon as she looks at her phone’s screen, the smile that was tinted on her lips slowly faded. She took a final glance at me before she made her way out of the room.

Maybe her ex.

Keeping it out of my mind, I took my phone from my bag and decided to listen to songs to avoid boredom. Adjusting the volume to average, I clicked on my favorite emo song- Almost by Tamia. I sing alone with it softly and with feelings. Soon when the chorus started, I sang it a little bit louder, but not too loud to scandalize.


I miss the times that we almost shared
I miss the love that was almost there
I miss the times that we used to kiss
At least in my dreams just let me take my time
and reminisce.


Clap. Clap.

Clap. Clap
.

I quickly turned around upon hearing someone clapping behind me. Stopping the song, I vowed and smiled at him. He does the same as he walks towards me.

“You got an angelic voice.” He said making me smile from ear to ear. This guy knows how to give such an impression. He then went to the table and placed a bottled drink on top of it. “Anyway, I’m here to talk to Yuri but I think she’s not here.”

“Yuri is outside having a call, Sir.”

“Just call me like how Yuri does. Tyler, I’m Tyler Kwon.” The guy said. Woah. I know him. He is one of the young famous directors of all times. He looks attractive in person.

“I’m Jessica, Yuri’s chaperone, assistant, maid and road manager. Name it, those are all my work.” I said with that obvious joke on my tone. I heard him chuckle shortly. For a moment, his eyes created an eye smile. He’s cute, no lies.

“Nice to meet ya, Jessica.” Tyler stated as he offers a handshake in which I gladly take. If it wasn’t me who pulls back, maybe he’ll hold me till Yuri comes back. I feel so awkward with his stares and gazes. Avoiding his eyes, I pretended to check a message on my phone. Faking a cough, he caught my attention. He said. “Anyway Jessica, do you want to train or join a workshop? Your voice is really awesome”

“What? W-Well…”

“Well, you don’t have to decide now. You can have your time to think. Here is my card. I hope you do not reject me.” He said as he winks at me before he finally leaves out of the scene.

Is that guy hitting up on me?






“Yeah! Okay okay! That’s the wrap. Everyone did their best. Thank you and congratulations.” One of the staffs said with his loud tone. The filming just got finished and everything ended up good. Searching for my boss Yuri, I saw her having chitchat with the director, Tyler. My curiosity hits me when Tyler suddenly looked at me while talking. Anticipating for Yuri’s movement, I noticed her stealing a short glance at me but remained silent.

Are they talking about me?






-Yuri’s POV-

As soon as the filming finished, I approached my director to tell her about my rest. I already promised Leo oppa to have a relaxing vacation without doing any work-related stuff. Seeing Tyler making his way to writer unnie, I caught his attention and walked towards him.

“Oppa, did my manager tells you something about ------“

“Yuri… Do me a favor.”  Tyler said, cutting me up.

“What is it oppa?” I asked him with curiosity.

“I like her. Set me up with her.”

Shifting his gazes to his side, he mouth pointed someone. Following his eyes’ direction, I saw the person that he is referring- the person who is impossible not to fall for. She is the person who can attract anyone with her cute gestures. The one I don’t want anyone to have.

Jessica Jung.