Lay or Baekhyun?

Lay or Baekhyun?

You saw Lay walking with Baekhyun and Xiumin. You ran and jumped on his back.

WHOAAAA! Don’t do that! You scared me!”, he said, face full of shock.

Yeah, he could of body slammed you”, Baekhyun joked.

You and Lay were practically best friends. When he wasn’t with the EXO members, you did everything together. Even then, sometimes he’d invite you over to hang out with them.

———

Baekhyun looked at her hugging onto Lay. Why did he feel jealous? Those two were just friends. It’s not like her and Lay dated or anything. It’s not like he was wrong or doing something bad for liking her.

———

Make sure you come over tonight! We’re making food!”, Lay said.

Yeah, come over if you’re not busy”, Xiumin added.

It’ll be fun”.

Mmm, okay! What time?”, you asked.

Around 8 or 9 is good”, Baekhyun answered.

———

Why do we always end up playing this whenever I come over?!”, you whined.

Do you guys have something against me or something?

No! It’s just fun to pick on you”, Chen said happily.

You were dared to eat a lemon, then a lime, and now a grapefruit. You didn’t want to eat them anymore.

Can I do something else this time please?! I’m gonna sweat, cry, bleed and pee citrus by the time I go home if I eat anymore!”, you complained.

Why do y’all have so many sour and bitter fruits anyways?!”, you added, crossing your arms, glaring at all the boys as they laughed at you.

Lay laughed and squeezed your shoulders.

Come on guys, don’t do that to her anymore. Give her another dare”, he said, trying to help you out.

Fine, fine, I dare you to kiiiisssssss…”, Chanyeol said looking around.
Baekhyun”, he finished, smiling.

That’s better than eating something else nasty”, you replied as you crawled over to Baekhyun.

Come here”, you said, grabbing the back of his head, pulling him into a kiss.

Everybody went wild. Baekhyun sat there dazed after you broke the kiss and smiled at him.

———

Lay sat there shocked. He watched his best friend crawl over to Baekhyun, who was basically like his brother, and kiss him without a second thought. He snapped out of it and laughed awkwardly when Kai started slapping his shoulders, laughing up a storm. Did she like Baekhyun? Wait, why did he even care if she did or not so much to begin with?

———

The rest of the night you noticed Baekhyun was kind of avoiding you. Which was unusual since him, Chen, and Chanyeol teased and joked around with you the most. You saw him walk outside so you decided to follow him and ask why.

Hey! Why are you avoiding me?”, you said, half shouting, trying to get his attention.

U-uh. H-huh? What are you talking about?” He said after turned around, chuckling awkwardly.

See. This. This is what I’m talking about”, you replied.

What? Do you not like me or something? Was the kiss that bad?”, you asked bluntly.

———

Lay saw ______ follow Baekhyun outside. Why did that stir something inside of him? After a few minutes, they didn’t come back in so he decided to go out there and see what they were doing. As he got outside…

What? Do you not like me or something? Was the kiss that bad?”, he heard her say.

N-no! I l-liked it! And…and…”, Baekhyun answered.

And what?” She asked.

And I like you”, Baekhyun confessed honestly.

Lay involuntarily gasped from shock. The pair turned around to look at him.

———

Baekhyun didn’t know what to do. He basically just confessed to Lay’s best friend right in front of him. All he could do was stand there awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.

———

First, you were thrown off by Baekhyun’s sudden confession. Now you felt kinda bad that Lay heard it. Why did you feel bad though? The rest of the night, there was an awkward atmosphere between the three of you. You left earlier than usual.

———

As you laid down in your bed. You grabbed your phone to check and see if anyone texted or called. You got a message from Lay.

Lay: hey
You: hi :)
Lay: what are you doing?
You: I just laid down. You?
Lay: same 
Lay: about earlier, are you going to answer Baekhyun?

You knew that was coming.

You: I’ll think about it first and then talk to him properly.
Lay: ahh, so do you like him?
You: lol idk
You: why are you so curious anyways? 
You: do you like me too? Lol
Lay: would it be bad if I said yes?

You dropped your phone on your face. What? What just happened? You were only kidding. How did you end up getting confessed to twice in one night? Was there something in the water?

You: I was only kidding
You: you didn’t have to humor me
Lay: I’m not
Lay: can you consider me as well?

———

You kind of avoided the boys the next few days. You didn’t know what to do, but you had to give them an answer soon. You didn’t want to just leave them hanging; they deserved a proper answer. You thought about it. Thought through the pros and cons of them both. Thought about who you were more comfortable and happy with. Who made you smile more. Who you actually had feelings for. You smiled as all the answers pointed to one person. 

———

You sat next to Baekhyun, wringing your hands. 

Ahh, how should I say this..”, you began.

I like you, but more of like a friend. I’m sorry, I hope you’re not mad at me”.

Baekhyun took your hand as he chuckled.

It’s fine. I can’t expect you to automatically develop feelings for me as soon as I confessed. Especially when I did it so randomly”.

We’re still friends right? No hard feelings?”, you asked.

Yep, still friends. No hard feelings”, he replied, giving your hand a light squeeze, smiling.

You bid him good bye and left. Lay was waiting for you. Before, you wouldn’t have had a second thought about it, but now, knowing he was waiting for you gave you butterflies.

———

You walked up to Lay with a straight face. He stood up abruptly upon seeing you. You stood in front of him, looking up at him and then looking down. He couldn’t see you smiling though.

Y-you’re going to reject me huh? Because I’m your best friend r-right?”, he stuttered nervously.

 ”You already accepted Baekhyun’s feelings didn’t you…?”, he assumed sadly when you didn’t say anything.

You peeked up at him and saw that he was looking down now, not paying attention to you. You took that opportunity. You reached up and kissed him on the lips. You stood there and grinned at him. His face was priceless, he looked like a deer caught in headlights. So cute.

S-so, w-what does t-this mean?”, he asked wide eyed, touching his lips.

You. I like you”.