With You (chanbaek)

Drabble Collections

Baekhyun used to think so much about how does a simple food would take him to the love of his life.

But he need answers no more because he knows he just found one.


On one windy day, Chanyeol takes out Baekhyun to a cupcake store down the streets. The younger male thinks it's a good idea for both of them to take a walk rather than just being on the stuffy, with almost no air to breathe, and almost nothing to even do in there even if he has Baekhyun with him. Whereas Baekhyun, who, in the opposite thinks it's a bad idea, because it's so windy and cold, and that he thinks it's odd to go to a cupcake store at a time like this, especially for Chanyeol. Baekhyun would rub both of his palms to prevent them from getting cold. On the other hand, Chanyeol, would gladly take the smaller male's hand as it engulfs Baekhyun's smaller palms into his and stuffs it on the pocket of his jacket. Baekhyun blushes brightly with the contact.

Upon reaching the store, Chanyeol looks unusually cheerful just by the sight of seeing cupcakes. It's odd for Baekhyun because Chanyeol was never this excited when he sees food, or other sweet stuffs, but suddenly he takes an interest on cupcakes, of all food. The petite male just decides to shrug it off, thinking he just might not know Chanyeol that well.

Chanyeol opens the front door with a soft ringing. The girl behind the counter beams upon seeing the giant male entered with a goofy grin on his face. She immediately greets him with a cheerful voice and it makes Baekhyun quirks his eyebrows. Is this what makes the giant excited about coming here, or-

As if reading his mind, Chanyeol grins. "Baek, it's not like what you think it is, okay? I'm just dropping by here to buy some cupcakes because I always do."

Baekhyun's head shot up at the taller male as he flushes at the sudden remark Chanyeol made. The petite male flails his arms slightly in embarassment before frowning. Chanyeol laughs. The girl who's also there watches in amusement as she later laughs too at Baekhyun. Baekhyun frowns more deep at this.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to laugh at you." The girl smiles friendly. "Chanyeol-ah, is he your boyfriend, or something?"

Chanyeol smiles as he shakes his head. "Nah. Last time I checked, Baek's just a roomate and a best friend of mine. He's Baekhyun, by the way." The taller male gestures towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun quickly bows his head. "Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun."

"I'm Naeun. It's nice to meet you, Baekhyun-ah." Naeun flashes a smile which is quite blinding.

Chanyeol, as Baekhyun observes, is really, literally excited as he sees a bunch of cupcakes in display. His eyes glints as he stares wide-eyed, as if cupcake is the only thing that could make him happy. Though, Baekhyun can't help but smile at the childish act his best friend makes.

Chanyeol look upwards, staring at the smiling Baekhyun. He grins widely. "Don't tell me the cupcakes have attracted you too. Well, I can't blame them since they really do tastes good and sweet. I guarantee that!"

Baekhyun can't help but laugh. "I'd like to try some, then. Vanilla it is!" He grins. "We should really stay here for a while, have some hot drink to warm up because it's really cold outside, you know. You picked the wrong day and time to come outside, Chanyeol." The petite male frowns playfully as Chanyeol chuckles.

"Sorry about that. I just thought it's a good idea because we really have nothing to do."

"It's okay. It might be a good idea coming here."


They actually spend a good hour of just sitting, sipping on their drinks and eating cupcakes. Baekhyun couldn't deny that the cupcake does taste good, specially adding a hot chocolate to it, he admits that he can't stop eating. Chanyeol would always talk so much, and Baekhyun listening to him. It was pleasant in which Baekhyun enjoys listening to Chanyeol's deep, soothing voice talking over and over again. He never gets bored with it.

"So. How do you get attached with cupcakes, Chanyeol?"

"Where does that question come from?" The taller male stifles a laugh. "I'm not 'attached'. Though you can't deny that it tastes amazing, right? It's what keeps me come and buys it everytime."

Baekhyun raises a brow, definitely amused at the giant's odd way of replying. That doesn't sound like the usual Chanyeol to him.

"It reminds me of you."

This, was not what Baekhyun had expected to hear.

"W-what did you just say?"

Chanyeol only smiles knowingly. "You know, some people are like this cupcake. They are, in some way, amazing. But they just don't realize it, and people never see how much amazing they are just by seeing the outside. But it's far different on the inside, you know."

Baekhyun blinks momentarily before processing the words all in. He looks at the man before him curiously before asking, "Who are you, Park Chanyeol?"

The taller male only lets out a laugh, taking Baekhyun's hand which was placed on top of the table. Baekhyun's cheeks turns into a bright shade of red at the action. "I'm just me, Park Chanyeol. The 'quite-poetic' side of me who loves you so much." He grins.

The petite male is at a loss of words. He keeps quiet as his mind tells him to look anywhere but in his eyes.

"I don't need any answer or anything. I  thought I just wanted to let you know, Baekhyun." Chanyeol smiles as he stands up. Baekhyun is confused for a while but as the younger male walk passed through him, the petite male caught his wrist as he wrapped his arms quick on Chanyeol's waist from his back, startling the other a bit.

Chanyeol throws a glance over his shoulder, looking at the smaller male before turning to face him. and Baekhyun, yet again, throws the taller male off as he slowly leans closer, pressing his lips to Chanyeol's. He melts into the kiss as Baekhyun throws his arms around Chanyeol's neck, his arms on the petite's waist. At the moment, they feel like everything is right, that everything is okay.

Both doesn't want to stop, but as they feel the need of air, they pulled away. Chanyeol thinks Baekhyun is the cutest when he flushes like that. He chuckles.

"This is why I love cupcakes." Chanyeol simply says.

"Why is that?"

"Because they tastes as sweet as your lips."

"I never know you're this cheesy."

"Call it The Cupcake Effect."

"I guess it quite affects me too."

The taller male raises a brow, amused. "Oh yeah? How so?

"You know earlier when you said that the inside are are important and that people are amazing in both inside and outside?"

"Mmhm."

Baekhyun merely chuckles.

"Well, Park Chanyeol, that's exactly how I think about you."


screams. my chanbaek feels is escalating I just.

cry imnida. I know this but please enjoy it. I promise to write a better one.

this cupcake thing based on something related with me. s obs.

thank you for all the subscribes, comments, upvote, and views!

by the way, the title came from BAP's With You. I can't get over that song, so yeah-

I don't think the song quite match the story but the title does right?! /bricked.