Very Merry Xmas (chanbaek)

Drabble Collections

The petite boy ran on the street, attempting to be at the designated place as soon as possible. He thinks that calling a taxi won't get him anywhere because the streets are covered in thick snow. It was one of these days that people would stay home with a cup of hot cocoa, gathering with family, friends, or their couple in front of a fireplace; but it's different with Baekhyun. He got a call from his friend, saying that he wanted to spend time with Baekhyun somewhere else. There's somewhere he wanted to go.

Baekhyun groaned because Chanyeol'd let him run in the cold like that, although it was his own fault for being late, but he wants a little bit of  consideration from the giant.

Upon reaching the place, Baekhyun halted, scanning the place. Where is that giant? Is he late?

"Hey, Baek! Man, you're late." came the husky voice from the petite's back, making him slightly jump from the spot.

"Geez, Chanyeol, don't scare me like that." the petite heaved a sigh as he turned around to see his best friend, Chanyeol. Chanyeol eyed Baekhyun carefully.

"You look pale. Are you cold?" Chanyeol asked, he didn't try to hide the anxiety on his voice.

"No, no. I'm fine, Chanyeol." Baekhyun offered him a reassuring smile, only to reassure the other that he wasn't feeling cold or anything.

But Chanyeol, as seeing Baekhyun lied, immediately reached out his arms to search for Baekhyun's small ones. He carefully enveloped the petite's small hands onto his bigger ones, letting warmth filled the tips of his fingers. Baekhyun could feel the heat rose up on his cheeks. He tried hiding his cheeks with his jacket collar, attempting to do anything to hide it. But being the usual Chanyeol he was, he didn't notice.

Chanyeol frowned. "You're very cold, Baekhyun. Look at your fingertips! It's turned white and pale. You must be very cold. I'm sorry."

Baekhyun immediately shook his head frantically, smiling widely. "Nu-uh. It's okay, Chanyeol! Anything for a friend, I'd be glad to do it."

Baekhyun could see the glint on his best friend's eyes as soon as the words were spoken, even though only momentarily. But there's something missing. He didn't know what, though.

The giant chuckled lowly in excitement as he placed Baekhyun's small and cold hands inside of his jacket's pocket, making Baekhyun flushed more. "Let's go, then. I want to spend this Christmas Eve with you somewhere." The brunette had only nod in respond as he followed Chanyeol closely. Silently, he wished those big and warm hands won't let go of his small ones.


"Here we are. The park."

Baekhyun was soon out of his daze as he looked around the usual park where they spent their time together.

"I know this is too ordinary, but I think since we always spend our days here, it'd be a special place, wouldn't it?" Chanyeol flashed his trademark grin at Baekhyun and the petite can't help but smile.

"Mmhm. I think it'd be the perfect place to spend our Christmas Eve." Baekhyun nodded.

For a while, they just sit on the bench, talking about each other's life, if not for Chanyeol teasing Baekhyun. The petite boy, despite of his small figure is able to be vicious too. He had threw a snowball at Chanyeol without the giant noticing, and it was the start of a snowball fight. A few minutes later when both of them became fatigued, they lied beside each other, panting heavily as they laughed gleely. Just filling each other's presence with theirs, it's enough spending Christmas Eve.

Seeing that the sun almost set, they went back. Chanyeol insisted and whined on taking Baekhyun home, so he gave up and let the younger man do that.

"Chanyeol-ah. What do you want for Christmas present?" Baekhyun asked.

"Hmm? Ah, well... I would like the best Christmas present ever." Chanyeol grinned as he gave his answer.

Baekhyun pouted, seeing as Chanyeol probably won't give his answer. "But, I want to know, Chanyeol. Please?"

The petite boy stared onto Chanyeol's eyes with a puppy expression, but Chanyeol laughed, poking his cheek. "You have to figure it out for yourself, then. Heh. You have to know what the "Best Christmas Present Ever" for me is." again, Chanyeol flashed his trademark grin.

"Ah, there's your house. You better go inside before you catch a cold. I'll fetch you tomorrow so we could spend Christmas together too. How's that sound?" Baekhyun's expression lit up, nodding excitedly at Chanyeol's offer. "Then I'd have to buy a present for you first, Chanyeol. You should be here at 9 am, then."

Chanyeol smiled brightly, nodding. "Alright. Good night, Baek."

"Good night, Chanyeol."


Baekhyun heard someone on the door. Lazily and still sleepy, trying to get used to his surroundings for a moment before unlocking the door. When the door was opened, his eyes widen. There, stood a tall figure with a thick leather jacket, dark blue jeans and hands on his pants' pocket, with a goofy grin as usual.

Park Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol? It's still 7. What are you doing her-"

Baekhyun was cut of by a sudden motion. He didn't catch what was happening, but he could only feel a pair of soft lips on his. His eyes widened even more, arms almost flailing at his side. The petite boy flushed a darker shade of red as he felt his cheeks grew hot. Eventually he kissed back, shutting both of his eyes as he let the kiss linger much longer. And as much as they didn't want to admit it, Baekhyun and Chanyeol doesn't want to pull away, but they had to, for their lack of oxygen. The giant smiled softly at his bestfriend whose flushing deep red.

"Oh. Have you still not figure out what present do I want for this Christmas, Baek?" Chanyeol chuckled.

"Well, no..." Baekhyun muttered as he looked down, puffing his cheeks in embarassment. Now that Chanyeol has done such thing, Baekhyun has no courage to even look up at the giant, especially his eyes.

"It's you."

Baekhyun's eyes immediately widened at the answer. He couldn't believe what he heard.

"It's you, Baekhyun." Chanyeol grinned as he repeated as he wasn't getting a respond from the older man.

"Chanyeol..."

Without any second thought, Chanyeol wrapped his arms around his best friend tightly, afraid that Baekhyun might go away or think that he is weird because of what he had said. But his thought prove wrongly. Instead, he felt a pair of smaller arms around his waist, hugging him back.

"I love you, Byun Baekhyun."

"I love you too, Park Chanyeol." a muffled voice came from Baekhyun as his buried his face on Chanyeol's chest, giggling and chuckling.

"What's that? I can't hear you, Baekhyun." Chanyeol teased, grinning as he looked down on his newly boyfriend. His boyfriend.

Baekhyun immediately looked up at Chanyeol, smiling happily as he locked his eyes with the giant. "I. love. you. too. Chanyeol-ah."

Then Chanyeol leaned forward to plant a soft and chaste kiss on Baekhyun's lips.

It's the best Christmas present ever.