Chapter 3: "Call my name once."

FATE

Chapter 03:

"Call my name once."


 

As a slight of familiar glimpse come between them, he blinked once, twice, thrice. Seojin?

 

•••

 

Kai shocked that night, he made an excuse to leave the dinner earlier. He didn't believe his eyes, but he there's no denial that she really looked like Seojin.

She isn't 'really looked' like Seojin.

She is completely a picture perfect copy of Seojin.

That was the reason why Kai avoided to met her eyes, even only looked at her glimpse.

Kai is afraid.

Because she reminded him of Seojin.
And her name is Soojin.

And Kai doesn't want to love again.
He's afraid he will fall to her.

A week passed with his silly actions and lame excuses to kept himself away from that girl. He couldn't think any possibility that she's her twin, but what he knew is Seojin didn't have any sister/twin, which is impossible because this girl was born at China and she's Jongdae's sister.

He even avoided Luhan and Jongdae, he barely talked to Minseok because he kept himself busy all the day. Sometimes he faked it, sometimes he kept himself at the practice room till night comes.

One day, one night, like usual nights he just back from practicing to the apartment late. He found the glimpse sleeping safe and sound at the sofa, she was alone, nobody else at the apartment.

Kai stunned at the entrance, how could someone with no blood-relation looked like twin? How can fate bring him to a place where he found somebody that looked like Seojin?

He took his blanket from his room then covered her body with his blanket, once again, he stunned in front of her.

She's someone he didn't know before but really looked like Seojin. He didn't know anything about her. He didn't know her personality. He didn't know her life.

His hand creased her jaw and followed the line to an end; her jaw, her lips, her eyes, her nose... All of them remain him of Seojin.

She opened her eyes as she felt a warmth just creased her cold skin. She thought it was Luhan. But when she found him, she was stunned by his dark eyes. She saw someone that she once saw at her apartment a few days ago, she never found him around the apartment anymore since that day. But she always watched him at the practice room till night comes, because she found his dance is really amazing.

When he caught up by her eyes, Kai was speechless, he wanted to move but he couldn't. He cursed himself for out of control touching her before, it was really out of his control, now he really regretted it. "I'm sorry." He murmured, loud enough to be heard by her. He left his place after apologizing, tried to back to his consciousness and reality. Where Seojin is no longer with him, somewhere with high walls and... Just him.

Kai locked himself at the bathroom, washed his face with water again and again until his heartbeat back to normal, and finally the distraction of memories out of his mind.

'I'm okay.

I'm okay without you.

I'll be okay.

I'll be okay without you,

Seojin-ah.

Right?

It was what you told me before.

I believed it.

I know I'll be okay without you.

I'll be okay without anyone. I'll be okay.'

 

•••

 

"Let's go! Let's go!!! Lazy !!! Wake up!!!" Luhan nudged Kai who is still deeply sleeping, he shouted and kept nudging him... yes... till he will wake up. "Kim Jongin!!! Let's go!!! Wake up you lazy !!!" He shouted again.

Finally Kai moved from his place and opened his eyes lazily. "Uhm... To where...?" He responded with a small sleepy whisper.

Luhan facepalmed himself. "Camp!! OMG!!! CAMP!!! OUR CAMP!!!"

"What... Camp?" Kai dumbfounded, asked the older one.

"OMG!!! SLEEPY HEAD!!! WAKE UP ALREADY AND GET YOUR CLOTHES READY!!! WE'LL BE LATE!!"

"But, hyung. What camp? I don't know if there's a camp today."

"THERE'S CAMP TODAY!!! NOW GET READY!! I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOU OUTSIDE!"

 

•••

 

What camp?

The question kept repeated in his mind. He never heard there's a camp today before. No one told him... Or yes... Maybe someone told him. But he didn't heard it. Maybe. In case that's why Luhan quite angry when he asked him 'what camp?' and 'what camp?'. Well, Luhan won't be angry too long to him, he told him that yesterday Luhan just told him and Kai just nodded. It was when Kai already sleeping. He thought Kai was awake.

So it was a misunderstanding.

They was left by the others, so Luhan will drive his car with Soojin and Kai to the camp.

It was awkward for Kai because there's Soojin at the car. Kai sat at the back with his bags, while Soojin sat beside of Luhan. Luhan was busy driving, Soojin was busy looking through the window, and Kai kept himself busy with his laptop and phone repeatedly.

 

•••

 

"You'll sleep with me today, Kai." Minseok said, raised one of his eyebrow, giving him a signal. So, Minseok felt that Kai kinda weird and avoiding a whole apartment for a few days just after the dinner, he asked D.O, Kai's closes friend at Korea, and D.O told him the complete story of Kai's ex-girlfriend. Well, he already heard it when one of his friend, Joonmyeon, contacted him to ask him about Kai-studying-abroad a day before his arrival at Canada, but he never heard the complete story before.

"Okay." Kai answered. Failed to catch his signal.

Minseok then asked him again, "Yah, help me with our tent."

Kai just nodded quietly.

"Kai that I know before wasn't like this." He murmured to himself, looked at Kai with a sad pout. "I hate it."

'I hate myself too, hyung.'

 

•••

 

"CAMP FIRE TIME!! YOOHOO!!" Jongdae shouted excitedly while preparing for the raw foods they will grill when camp fire started. “Soojin-Soojin where are the marshmallows?”

“I don’t know. Ask Luhan-oppa.” he answered quietly then keep herself busy with her phone.

“Lulu-hyung! Where are the marshmallows?”

Luhan shrugged. “Ask Kai, I gave it to him before.”

Jongdae sighed. These irresponsible kids. Why keep throwing the questions? OMG. Jongdae is pissed. “Kai! MARSHMALLOW?”

“Oh. In my backpack.” Kai nonchalantly answered.

“Okay.” Jongdae responded with a pout, still pissed by everyone. He went to Kai’s tent to take the marshmallows.

“CAMP FIRE STARTED!!!” A YOOO!!”  Minseok excitedly exclaimed in front of the camp fire, he took his guitar then sat down beside of Kai.

The camp fire started with foods, everyone was busy chewed their grilled food, including Kai, he lowered his head as he keep eating his sausages. Soojin sat down in front of him, she keep her eyes at him, just because... she’s curious of him.

Luhan, who sat down beside of her, already finnished with his food. He took Minseok’s guitar and started playing a simple tone. After the others finished their foods, they join Luhan and they sing songs together. It was Jongdae, Luhan, Lay and Minseok who sang the songs, while Kai, Kris, Tao and Soojin just watched them and listened to the melodies.

With 5 songs, they finally tired and decided to stop singing, next they plan to... “Ghost stories!!! HUUUUU!” Minseok give a scary face, which didn’t look scary at all.

“Soojin, tell us a story.” Jongdae nudged his sister.

Soojin just shrugged, “I don’t have story.” She simply answered.

“LIE! How about a ghost you said recently you saw? The one who you said looked like you.”

‘The one who you said looked like you.’

‘The one who you said looked like you?’

“FINE. It’s not a good idea, you know.” Soojin answered, gave Jongdae a glare of annoyance.

“It’s okay, babe, I’m here.” Luhan said then chuckled, he lingered his hand around her waist. He tried to be a good boyfriend, but who knows Soojin never change her attitude towards him even after they became a couple? She still a cold girl. She still likes that to him.

“Just recently... I saw... someone who looked like me... she looked like my twin. But I don’t have any twin. She’s sometimes showed up around me, smiled to me, sometimes... whispered to me...”

‘She’s sometimes showed up around me, smiled to me, sometimes... whispered to me...’

After stories and stories each of them who have ‘ghost-experiences’ shared, the campfire just finished. Kai decided to go back to his tent, followed by Minseok, and then the others followed back to their tents too.

“Kai, I didn’t know if she really looked-“ Minseok started then cut by the younger one.

Kai looked at his hyung with pleading eyes. At least, rights now... please don’t remain him of her. It’s too hard after he listened to Soojin’s story... a girl who recently appeared in front of her. Why didn’t she appear in front of him too? “No, hyung. I don’t want to talk about that.”

“Jongin-ah, please.”

“No, hyung. I’m tired. I’m tired of it already. It’s too hard without her.”

“Jongin-ah... you can... I know-”

Kai with that left the tent to get some air.

 

•••

 

He found Soojin, sat down at her place at the camp fire before. She looked at him curiously. “Kim Jongin? It’s your name isn’t it?”

Kai simply nodded then tried to get away from her. Just before he can get himself away from her, her voice stopped him.

“Don’t left like you always did when you saw... me.”

He stopped and stunned at his place. “Call my name... once... please...” He tried to hold on his tears, even her voice... too similar to Seojin's... It reminded him of her. Everything of her just remain him of her... Who are you Kim Soojin?

“Huh? Jongin?”

"It's 'Kai'."

"Kai?"

 

•••


OMG It was already finished a few hours ago. but I was struggling with my edit mode toolbar. it was gone!!! I read the FAQ first then finally it's back...

It's short isn't it... yes... I got so many fanfics in my mind. I will update my other fanfics first okay~

See you at chapter 4~ soon!!! ^^