Chapter 2: "Even though she's gone..."

FATE

Chapter 2:

"Even though she's gone..."


 

Taking more than 11 hours of flying over to Canada, when he's arrived, his eyes even can't even lifted up because of his heavy eye bags. He directed straight to his apartment where his class mates just lived. Well, actually it's his seniors apartments, and one of them is his senior a few years ago; who just suggested him to try this scholarship.

It's Kim Minseok, he gladly welcomed him to lived there with them. It's not a big deal since all of them are men and there's an empty room for him. Kim Minseok picked him up at the airport and found his hoobae waved at him with messy hair and tired eyes, he pitied him for lived like this.

He already heard all of his burden though.

As a friend, at first, he really pitied him, but then, as a man he understood all of his burden, all of his heartaches he'd been through, his pain, and every heavy sighs he let out.

It's not easy to moved on.

He knew it.

He heard from his hoobaes, Kai's friends, that recently Kai never laughed sincerely in front of them, little smiles that he gave to them are fake too... Just to assured them that he's okay. They actually noticed it.

So Minseok let Kai have a rest first before he introduced him to his friends then showed him around the apartment, it's so tidy and clean since Minseok always took care of their apartment everyday.

"Hey guys, He's Kai, my hoobae from Korea." Minseok said in front of other 5 guys that actually busy with a football match in their playstation. They paused the game and happily greeted him.

"I'm Kris Wu." Guy with light brownie hair introduced himself and slightly smiled at him.

"My name is Zi Tao, nice to meet you, Kai." Next is a guy with black bags around his eyes. He told him that it's natural eye bags; absolutely not because he's tired.

Then the guy with curly brown hair happily waved at him and widely smiled. "Hi! I'm Lu Han! Your roommate!"

Now is the black haired guy with Korean-face turn to introducing himself. "I'm another Korean mate. Kim Jongdae. Err... I'm not living here anymore... Actually I just moved to apartment next door because my sister just moved to Canada yesterday..." He said in Korean.

"I'm Zhang Yixing, but you can call me Lay." Guy with playstation stick waved at him cheerfully.

Kai slightly smiled at them, "I'm Kim Jongin. Just call me Kai." He introduced himself with a small bow to them.

After a day rest he took because of worst jet lag of time difference; and it took so long time flying to Canada, he felt better and easier to smile. He relieved that his seniors are so kind to him and took care of him so well. They get along easily too.

Lay, Minseok, Tao and Luhan are from same dance faculty with him as his seniors. Jongdae is from different faculty, they shared that Jongdae was born in Korea; but because of his family business, he and his sister moved to China from young age. While Kris is from art faculty, he was born and lived at Canada for his whole life. But he said he would like to move to Korea because he has so many friends there.

"I'll show you around the university tomorrow, take your time for a proper resting, Kai. You looked really tired." Minseok said as he ruffled his hoobae's hair.

Kai nodded and went in to his room, greeted Luhan who just enjoying his time smiling to his phone. "Girlfriend?" He asked.

Luhan shyly chuckled, "yeah. She's so adorable."

"Well, happy for you, bro." Kai replied with a small smile and slight chuckle.

"Thank you. I heard you have a girlfriend too?"

"Yes... But she... Passed away..." Kai's face darkened for a second, trying to smile even though it's hard.

Luhan felt guilty for asking him this thing, he couldn't even blaming Minseok for not telling them about this. "Oh... I'm so sorry..." He apologize.

"It's okay. It's been a year. Even though she's gone... She will always with me... in my heart."

 

•••

 

Minseok showed Kai around the university, after Kai took his schedule and looked around his class, he actually really excited and happy to started his new life here. He's not regretting his decision to take the scholarship, it's all for Seojin, if Seojin didn't make him promised to take the scholarship, maybe he would regretting that.

Kai's phone rang, it's Seojin's mother called him; maybe because he hasn't given any call to Korea from yesterday because he took a rest for a day. He told Minseok for a permission; he walked to a big tree nearby and pick up the call.

"Mom!" He exclaimed happily.

"Son! Why didn't you call us?"

"Sorry, mom. After the flight I really tired so I took a day rest. How are you there, mom?"

"Hey, I'm the one who should ask your condition! I'm okay, son. How about you?"

"I'm good, mom."

"Oh, son... I miss you! How's your new friends? Are you happy with you decision, Jongin-ah?"

"Me too, mom... I'm happy, they're nice and-"

"Yah! Luhan-oppa!" A voice stopped him, a voice with familiar tone... that familiar voice... Is like Seojin's. But the voice was colder than hers.

He looked around and found a familiar glimpse not far from him; she walked in the corridor alone, her head moving around like searching for something. Kai found himself following her till he can't find her shadow and lose her. "Seojin..." He whispered himself.

'It's impossible isn't it? There's no 'you' anymore, Seojin-ah... You're gone...'

"Kai!" A hand patted his shoulder as called his name, wondering what the hell was he doing standing in the corridor and looking to his own hand.

"Huh?" Kai found himself, blinked a few then smiled to his new friend, Jongdae. He let his hands back to his pockets; it's been his habit, unconsciously looked to his hand and reminiscing how's Seojin's hand tightly hold his.

"What are you doing here, dude?" He asked him confusedly.

Kai rubbed his back awkwardly, looking for an answer. "Nothing... I just... Lost."

"Oh. Well, let's go home together then. My sister will cook a chicken today and all of us will have dinner together, don't say you won't join us because I already count you in." Jongdae said as he hung his arm to Kai's shoulder, they walked together back to apartment.

 

•••

 

There's a few hours more before dinner, Kai decided to unpack his things from the boxes and bags. He tidied up his table with a few CDs, books, photos, and a laptop placed right in front of his chair. He found one last photo inside of his bag, his last photo... With Seojin. His happy smile, and her happy smile with beautiful wedding dress that day...

A tears once more fell from his cheek, he chocked by his tears and holding the photo to his chest tightly. That day was their last day he saw her smiled to him, last day he heard her voice, last day he felt her warmth.

"Kai, what's wrong?" Luhan asked; suddenly he heard sobs from his room, he concerned because what he knew, the one who inside of his room is his roommate, Kai.

Kai shocked his head slowly, he put the photo inside of his desk's drawer. "I'm... okay..." Kai assured. Even though it's another lie.

Luhan stepped closer to him then patted Kai's back. "You're not, Kai." He said. "You can tell me if there's something you want to let out. I will listening to you."

"Thanks, Luhan." He wiped out his tears with his palms then smiled to Luhan who looked really worried.

"Kai, Letting go doesn't mean that you don't care about someone anymore. It's just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself." (― Deborah Reber) *I really love this quote, but somehow I still can't let go someone that I love.*

 

•••

 

Kai invited by Jongdae to his new apartment for new house dinner, at first he doesn't want to come, but he can't rejected his invitation since Jongdae took Kai himself to his apartment. Dinner already served in the table, everyone is busy with their own food on the plates. Well, except Luhan and Jongdae's sister.

"Where's your sister?" Kris asked Jongdae, who is really busy with his chicken.

"... Buying drinks... with Luhan." He answered as he chewed his chicken.

Minseok chuckled lightly as he said, "Ah, Those love birds... Aren't they're so cute together?" The rest just nodded while Kai just simply smiled.

"Kris-keke, when will we can be cute love birds like them?" Tao exclaimed to Kris, nudging the older one with envious expression.

Kai, Jongdae, Yixing and Minseok choked by their own food, looked at Tao speechlessly.

Kris gave him wtf expression, "Tao. Shut up."

"Okay." Tao frowned.

Noises heard from the front door, it's unlocked then locked a second later. "We're back!" Luhan exclaimed happily from the front door.

"Oh. Did you buy what I requested, Soojin-ah?"

 

"Sweety, I want to have 2 kids, 1 girl, 1 boy. Our boy will protect his sister, and our girl will take care of her brother."

"Have you think about their names?"

"Yes, you'll give one name and I will give one name too. It's fair isn't it?"

"Okay, you first."

"The boy's name is: Jongjin. It's from Jongin and Seojin. And the girl's name is: Seoin."

"Um... What's mine... I like Jongjin, I think we should go with Jongjin. Girl's name is... Soojin. Ottae?"

"I like that. I bet she will be sooo beautiful; just like her mother!"

 

Soojin?

 

•••

 


OH, GOD!! Why can't I wrote a longer chapter?!
By the way, guys~ I took a few days vacation next week, so I can't updating since November 1st to November 6th, Okay~
Since next week I will update Sehun's story so Fate will updating after November 6th! Hehe~

Thankyou so much, guys~ Love ya~!!

and of course ! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!