Unexpected Internship

Ray Of Light

"Something happened yesterday?" Taeyeon asked casually, examining Bom's reflection meticulously. 

 Bom grimaced at the thought of the humiliating incident from yesterday, but tried to reply as indifferently as she can, "Nothing big."

"Your face tells me otherwise," Taeyeon laughed.

"It had been a tiring day," Bom admitted arduously, at last.

Taeyeon crooked her eyebrows questioningly, signalling Bom to continue.

"Just some person who got on my nerves." Bom muttered, unable to express her troubles in detail. Bom couldn't ever tell Taeyeon about Choi Seung Hyun, the son of Choigogeub. Especially since Taeyeon was in the affluent society herself. As compassionate and understanding Taeyeon is, she would never understand Bom's hatred of the people of moneyed class, and her unstoppable yearning of revenge she so longed to seek.

Bom glanced over at Taeyeon, who was now  cheerfully singing, 'The sun is shining, the clouds are moving, I am singing' over and over again.

Bom sighed, shaking her head.

Taeyeon would surely think she was a psychopath.

 

Bom delicately unstrangled her hair before brushing them, and taming a few unruly strands by running her fingers over them.

Today, she would have to compete with thousands of other people to find a place in business internship.

Bom wanted to be dressed in a proper attire, which was why she was dressed in her cream colored frilled epaulet design popover dress, with her causual black leather shoulder bag in her hand.

Sure, she looked out of style. Not classy enough, Bom supposed. Her outfit didn't scream 'new money'.

But Bom was dressed appropriately, humbly. And that would have to be enough.

Taeyeon had insisted on Bom borrowing her outfits, but Bom stubbornly refused.

Bom wasn't going to pretend to be who she wasn't. And she wasn't the daughter of a billionaire business man.

Nonetheless, Bom did want to look her best, although....

Although she had no idea what company she was interning for. She had asked Taeyeon for the name a countless times, but Taeyeon giddily refused, saying she wanted it to be a pleasant 'surprise'.

Surprise, hmm? Bom thought sardonically. Bom knew just about every business associations there are in the world.

However, she feigned excitement as she bid goodbye to Taeyeon before heading off.

 

 

 

"Crans St., 22016. Crans St, 22016," Bom mumbled to herself as she gazed around the towering buildings and sky scrapers.

Her eyes finally met the building she was searching for, and gasped aloud in surprise before staggering four steps backward from the entrance of the building.

The golden logo, CG.

No, it couldn't be. It can't be.

No, no, no.

Bom looked up at the golden logo in distaste, in agony. Mixed emotions crashed like a tsunami in her mind.

ChoiGogeub.

 

 

Taeyeon.... Taeyeon... She couldn't possibly be the daughter of Choi Tae Jung. Bom couldn't detect a single similar trait between them, and besides, their surnames differed....

Panic seized Bom, and Bom uttered soothing, comforting nonsense to calm herself. Denial, denial, denial. No, No, no, she musn't be losing herself, not now, what an inoppurtune time it would be; she gripped onto that thin strand of sanity within her. The internship...

Bom hesitated, redoubling her thoughts. Why did the internship matter anymore, anyhow? She wasn't going to intern for ChoiGogeub, the venal company that scarred her life, her family's life.

She would have to be crazed before anyone could manipulate her into being a benefactor to ChoiGogeub, the compahy she had planned so long on extirpating.

Bom couldn't get herself to leave, however.

Staring up at that magnificent glass building upon her. Bom swore she had never heard her heart beat as fast as it currently was....

Bom felt so lightheaded, gazing meticulously at the gleaming pinnacle of the skyscraper- the sun seemed to be in contact with it.

Her head pounded in sync with her heart.

For what reason? Jelousy? Anger? Nervousness?

No, Bom knew.

From want...

 

 

Just when Bom's focus turned to the entrance of the building, a man dressed in a fancy attire suit pushed his way out of the revolving door.

Bom jerked her head away from his direction.

Damn it, Bom thought, fairly shocked. She would recognize that geometrically perfect face from miles away- his chiseled features, dark eyebrows, thin lips...

Choi Seung Hyun.

Bom wrinkled her nose in disgust. She had not premeditated her actions upon facing Choi Seung Hyun. She had not expected to see him, what a fool she was. Of course he would be here, he was Choi Tae Jung's heir, which made him to be ChoiGogeub's future.

Perhaps he had not seen her?

She was very wrong.

 

 

Choi Seung Hyun walked over straight to her, and Bom had no choice but to face him.

"Aren't you going to come in?" Choi Seung Hyun asked smoothly, grinning at her.

Bom couldn't believe how confident he was. "You don't know what business I have that are to be taken care of." Bom snapped, trying her hardest to overcome her unsturdy instincts.

"No," Choi Seung Hyun gradually admitted, and smirked. "But I saw you standing out the building for around twenty minutes."

Bom flushed. So he saw.

"Truth is, I knew you were coming anyway, for internship," Choi Seung Hyun stared down at her questioningly. "I thought I may have been mistaken, because, of.. well, because of our encounter in Professor Juel's."

And Bom had meant it, too. But she couldn't say anything about that.

"And I had a request from my sister. To pay extra attention to your application."

That's right. Kim Taeyeon was supposedly his sister. Nothing made much sense to Bom anymore, but Bom figured she'd take a go for the internship, anyways. She had to admit that ChoiGogeub was the biggest real estate investigation company, and it would do her no harm to study, gain experience and knowledge as an intern there.

Bom looked up at Choi Seung Hyun cautiously, straightening the crisp collar of her dress.

Choi Seung Hyun shot her a lazy grin. "After you."

After sending him a withering look, Bom skulked into the revolving door, forgetting to behave in a stately manner.

 

 

 

It was exactly the way Bom imagined it to be.

Pale pink streaked marble floor. Receptionists in pearls, oriental rugs. Priceless equimpents here and there.

"Follow me," Choi Seung Hyun said shortly, leading Bom into the elevator and to the third floor, and to the left.

In the PR room, there were many other people, around her age, Bom supposed, with applications. Many were men, Bom realized. Only six other women were in line among the rest of the people. They were left out from the groups of other men, who were sharing conversations about their knowledge and experience of real estate investigation.

Heads turned to her direction- no, to Choi Seung Hyun's direction as he walked to the receptionist. All interest was on Choi Seung Hyun, the hottest, youngest exectuive in real estate.

Bom bit her lips in order to keep herself from smiling. Men talked in a fractionally louder voice as Choi Seung Hyun was within reach, bragging about the technical terms they knew- 'cap rate', 'multiple listing'...

 

"I'll take it from here, Sarah," Choi Seung Hyun gently rubbed on the receptionist's right shoulder, leering at the girl, and the receptionist had no intentions on trying to hide the delightment she felt by the affection he was giving her.

"Sir," Sarah breathed, placing her polished hand on top of Choi Seung Hyun's hand that rested quite comfortably on her shoulder, "you musn't. You must be awfully busy..."

Bom fumed.

Of course. S*xual harrasment. She'd thought that gender discrimination had subdued since long ago, but she figured- since  Kim Tae Jung was running ChoiGogeub, being the old fashioned, stereotype, s*xist git he was, s*xual harrasment would be permitted in ChoiGogeub. Women were regarded as inferior to men. That's probably why ChoiGogeub even hires women, Bom thought angrily, to keep them as eye candies.

Bom examined the receptionist. Long, glossy, black hair, and piercing, blue eyes. Red lipstick, and that clearly visible cleavage that screamed for attention.

She obviously didn't mind being degraded. Bom supposed all women were willing- they were more than satisfied with being paid decently for just dressing up prettily, and working as securities for their s*xual bosses all day long- pouring coffee, filing papers.

But Bom was outraged as she watched Choi Seung Hyun rake his demanding hands all over her thighs, back, and arms. The girl was now smiling lasciviously, tracing circles on Choi Seung Hyun's chest with her neatly manicured index finger.

And he was eating it all up, Bom thought. Of course, he'd be enjoying this special treatment. He was king, he was boss. He could do whatever he wanted, and no one would stop him. Choi Seung Hyun didn't give a damn about rules, ChoiGogeub was his place.

Bom cleared .

Choi Seung Hyun turned to look at her, rather smugly. "Sorry, I've been neglecting our business."

He didn't sound apologetic at all, but no matter.

Bom clenched onto her applications. "Busy schedule," She managed to say at last, before ing the application to his chest. "I didn't mean to rush you," Bom added, although the tone of her voice dripped with lazy sarcasm.

 

 

Seung Hyun stared at Bom vehemently for a moment before setting his attention to her applications.

Seung Hyun enjoyed putting up a scene with Sarah in front of Bom, just to get a reaction from her. He was gonna make sure to plan her into catching him bedding a girl one day, to make her jealous. He liked the idea of that. He could already imagine her react to that- being the arrogant, stuck-up beauty that she was.

He didn't know what it was that made Bom so appealing.

Yeah, sure she was beautiful, with her long, plentiful ebony colored hair that ran down her back like a waterfall, doe-like eyes surrounded with long eyelashes, and her alabaster pale skin.

So Bom was gorgeous- so what? Seung Hyun had seen many beautiful women before.

But none of them were like Bom, he figured. Bom did not fit in to the one-night stand category. She was more of a moral beauty.

All women flung themselves at him. They were all willing, and he always gave them what they wanted. Or at least when he was in the mood for it.

That was no fun. Maybe he was getting bored of all this straight forward s*x. But Bom- she was a challenge.

Even the look she was giving him now- it's filled with hatred, loathe. But Seung Hyun knew- Bom was interested in him, in a certain degree. He was confident of it.

She was feisty, which made her even more delicious.

He knew he wanted her ever since the speech debate. And he's gonna have her.

It would take a long time, Seung Hyun supposed, due to Bom's rebellious ' you' attitude, but it would definitely be worth it. Bom was worth waiting for.

Seung Hyun placed her applictions in the drawer for safe-keeping. There was no need to scrutinize it; he'd hire as an intern anyday, even if it wasn't for Taeyeon's request. Having her as an intern would mean that he'd get to see her everyday.

He looked up at her, to find her glaring at him, her dark eyes narrowed into slits.

Yeah, he'd have lots of fun.

 

 

He smiled pleasantly. "Here's an application you need to fill out after you get a call from us. Although, I can't guarantee of an acceptance." He stood up from his chair and went around the receptionist desk to get closer to her, and got a hold of the back of Bom's head, drawing her nearer to him.

Bom gasped in surprise as he massaged the spot right under her left ear with his thumb. "We have so many applicants," he whispered. His nose was touching hers, and her plump lips were just millimeters away...

Choi Seung Hyun felt Bom relax against him for a brief second before crushing his polished shoes with her heels.

Her face remained as expressionless and as empty as ever. Seung Hyun would've been fooled if it wasn't for her eyes- they looked like they were capable of boring holes in his throat.

"Let me make one thing clear, Choi Seung- sir. I don't like you, if you haven't noticed." Bom said, as politely as she can. He had to be crazy. There had to be hundreds of people in line. More over, public affection never brought advantages to interns. But she had to admit, much to her displeasure, that she didn't find their interaction absoultely revolting.

That's understable, Bom told herself. Choi Seung Hyun was good looking, in an obvious way. She'd have to be gay in order to be completely impervious to Choi Seung Hyun's womanising charms.

No. What the hell? Had she just tried to convince herself that it was okay to be attracted to Choi Seung Hyun, the arrogant son of a bit*h?

 

"And tell me. What did I do to make you hate me so much?"

She scowled, ignoring his question. It must've been quite a shock for him, naturally. Who could possibly hate a rich, attractive looking man? Everyone in his life probably treated him like a king, or something.

She looked at him. Well structured face. Lean muscles. Intense eyes. Where was the fault? The two-button black heritage tuxedo from Gucci, a Rolex watch, and the business card that clearly read ChoiGogeub.

ChoiGogeub. The company that ruined her life.

"Because ChoiGogeub has no potential. Because you have no potential, or any other skills that can carry this business on, and I'm going to watch the day this company fails because of your mediocre-" She stopped herself before she could say anything else so idiotic. She was here to become an intern in ChoiGogeub, and her negative comments weren't going to get her anywhere.

She disarmingly looked at him. His jaws were clenched, his eyes holding hers. She looked away, and cleared .

"I'd like to work here, as an intern, please," she restated her motive calmly, and smiled a polite smile that did not quite reach her eyes.

He only smirked. That s*xy smirk that drived her crazy in annoyance. But she couldn't blow up like she did just a moment ago. Not now, not here. And he knew it, too, because he was grinning at her deviously as if he had her right under his thumb.

Right where he wanted her.

"Alright," he said, almost reluctantly.

He leaned in as he passed her the orientation application, and she was able to smell the spicy scent of the Dior cologne- his scent. She hated cologne. Its scent was too strong, too expensive.

She inhaled again. She could almost taste it now. It wasn't too bad the second time- it was a muscular, tangy kind of scent that could easily make her feel drowsy-

 

 

"Ms. Park?"

She nearly jumped in surprise. "What?" She stammered, forgetting to sound cool and aloof.

Damn it. She did it again.

"You're supposed to go now, there are other people waiting in line," He whispered.

Cool breath flew to her face as she turned scarlet in embarrassment. She hastedly grabbed on to the papers, and turned around, walking quickly to the exit door.

Choi Seung Hyun just smiled to himself.