♚ 003

Departure

Chapter 003: Resurface}

 

 

 

I peered at him with stubborn eyes. The fact that he denied me information only provoked my curiosity further. That meant he held something worth hiding, and I inteded to know what that was.

 

“Luhan, tell me why you thought you would lose me.” I pressed further, I was clueless. I wanted to know what was going on, or I thought that I did at that moment.

 

“I-I, Look, Sehun, let’s just try and find a trai-”

 

“Luhan! Don’t run away like that!” A male voice panted furiously. Not long after the sudden shouting, a male adorned in white and no wrist watch appeared with beads of sweat trailing down his swelling cheeks.

 

“Sorry.” I felt Luhan let go of my torso to rub his neck in embarrassment. “Xiumin, this is Sehun. Sehun this is my friend Xiumin.”

 

But, it didn’t seem that his friend was paying attention. For all Xiumin stared at was Kai, who desperately stared back. I alternated my view of the strange two, before looking to an equally confused Luhan.

 

“What’s wrong with these two?” I murmured. But just as soon as it happened, the two looked away with smiles that didn’t seem to shine.

 

“Nothing’s wrong.” Xiumin chuckled before taking my hand in his for a friendly shake. But his grin slowly turned into a fine line as he saw the small digits on my skinny wrists. “It’s nice to meet you.”

 

“Yeah, you too.” I mutter, because I didn't know if I would regret saying that in the future after the staring contest that just happened. “But instead of meeting people, I would like to know how to get out of this train station.”

 

“Sehun! Don’t be rude.” Luhan scolded me, but truthfully, that was all I wanted. I drowned, but that does not explain the fact why I was at a train station. The longer I had stayed in the train station, the more I felt as if it was real; but another part of me wanted to believe that it was all a dream.

 

“Well none of this makes any damn sense! Am I supposed to be all nice and sensitive right now?” I exhaled deeply. “I mean, you guys tell me I’m here because I drowned and Kai's here because he's in a coma- but that's all irrelevant! It makes no sense whatsoever!”

 

“Look kid,” Xiumin sighed much too dramatically for my taste.

 

“Wait- did you just call me a-?”

 

“Shut it and listen up.” He stared down at me with hardened eyes. “We, no, you don’t have time to be whining, okay?”

 

“Xiumin, let’s just get him to the train. It’s better if he doesn’t-” But Xiumin held up a hand to Kai’s face, indicating him to stop.

 

“No, he needs to know.” The newest boy in white turned a stern head to me, fierceness and passion burning within black eyes. “If you don’t get on that train before your watch displays a zero, you’re dead. You say you drowned? Well your watch is a visual countdown of the time you have left on Earth unless you get onto that train.”

 

“Wait, what? What kind of bull-”

 

“It’s true.” Luhan and Kai said in a resounding unison, I wouldn’t have believed them. But the grim look on Luhan’s face shocked me into the realization. Love was blind, and as long as Luhan said it, I would go with it. Yes, I was a fool, but I was too immersed with Luhan that I couldn't go against what he would say- dream or not a dream.

 

“Sehun, let’s just get on that train. You don’t have much time left.” Luhan’s eyes lacked that certain twinkle I always looked for when he smiled then. But what bothered me was that he told me that I don’t have a lot of time. He didn’t say that we didn’t have much time, I was thinking that i had been over analyzing it. But I should’ve taken it into consideration.


 

I stood at the edge of the train platform, unsure if my situation was a facade or reality. Oh, it seemed so ethereal, as if I could float off into another dream if I wanted to.

 

“Bye, Sehun!” I spun around to see Kai giving me a thumbs up while Xiumin gave a weak sort of wave. I had wondered what was wrong with him, even if it was a dream, shouldn’t he be happy that we would wake up? My eyes travelled to Luhan and I grabbed his hand with a wide grin, he didn’t smile back. My eyebrows furrowed, why wasn’t he smiling? He was supposed to smile. I glanced over to where our hands were joined and noticed that the digits on his watch didn’t increase or decrease.

 

“Excuse me, sir, do you have your ticket?” The usher at the entrance of the train interrupted my thoughts. I immediately handed him my thin ticket and he let me inside. Although I stepped inside, I waited for Luhan at the doorway. He wouldn’t budge from his spot.

 

“Luhan, c’mon, give him your ticket.” I urged him on encouragingly, hoping to get him to smile another time.

 

“Sehun,” He smiled, tears were threatening to spill edges of his eyes. “I’ll see you later, okay?”

 

I felt my heart surge forward as my body did as well, reaching out to grab him, but he had already started to walk away. Although he wasn’t saying goodbye directly, it felt so real. And if it was real, I was sure that I wasn’t going to see him later. I lunged forward for him, for his burgundy hair, for his goofy smiles, but the usher held a strong hand out, pain striking my chest.

 

“Sir, please take a seat inside the train.” He said with sympathy in his indifferent eyes. I only ignored him and continued to shout for him, as a few people trudged into the train, fearing my enormous cries.

 

“Han! Please, please come back!” I sobbed without tears, my voice cracked when he finally stopped as he neared Kai and Xiumin. I rushed over to a seat with an open window, where Kai, Xiumin and Luhan were more reachable. “Luhan! What are you doing?! Get on the train!”

 

“I’m sorry, Sehun.” Luhan let his lips twitch into a frown for the first time today.

 

“What do you-”

 

“I never had a chance, I have to wait till my watch starts working to get onto the train. I'm really sorry I lied to you, Sehun. I'm sorry


“What does that mean?!” I cried out, I felt another surge and it took a few moments for me to register that it was not my heart, but the train.