Chapter 6

Dancing amongst the daffodils

 

...........................................

 

After a long thunderstorm that night, morning was greeted in sunshine.

But my life was greeted with a dark spirit seeping with a gloomy aura, a chatterbox Key that sprouted out his woes like a fountain, and I myself feeling rather empty. It felt like something in me has left. The sentimental feeling of being incomplete and new holes punctured into your heart. It was the same emotion I’ve felt when Paul died. Paul was my best friend, my brother, a being that I have come to love. I have found him in the park, a small, injured puppy with no home. I took care of him, and we ate together, played soccer together in the fields, learnt together. Our love was long, but his life was not so long, and soon time sent him buried beneath the earth. I was left alone again, and, there was nothing to live for.     

Has Taemin really left?

Was I really a curse?

Cursed to forever remain alone, and those who approach me will have ill omen befallen on them?

I took a glance at Onew dissipating into a dark spirit over at the corner of Key’s apartment.

“Hey, are you okay?” I whispered to Onew. He looked up at me, a serious expression that doesn’t suit him. 

I took up my jacket.

“Where are you going?” Key asked, standing up.

“I can’t sit here and wait for the police to find him. I have to try.”

“Hang on.” Key said, holding my arm, and then he smiled at me for the first time, not the usual smirk he gives me, “I’ll come with you.”

We opened Key’s apartment door to be greeted with a small figure curled up by the wall between Key’s and our apartment. The figure perked his head up in recognition, then jumped up and hugged me.

“Hyung! I thought you weren’t home! Where did you go?” He asked, then feeling my damp clothes in which I haven’t changed out of from last night, he asked, “Hyung, why are you wet?”

The kid was well. He was dry and safe. He wasn’t caught in the rain. His hair was even neatly brushed.

Emotions welled up in me as Key hyung took Taemin into his embrace and Onew floated beside to hug them both. There was relief, there was confusion, there was frustration, and there was fury in me.

“Taemin, where did you go? Everyone was so worried about you.” Key looked up at me, “Minho hyung was very worried, you know. He searched for you all night.”

Then Key nudged my leg, “Oi, stop making that scary face. You’re scaring the kid.”

Indeed the kid was scared. His cheeks flushed with nervousness. His eyebrows frowned worriedly. His large chocolate eyes stared at me. HE SHOULD BE SCARED!

I pulled Key away from Taemin and callously squeezing him by the shoulders and shouted, “YOU IDIOT!”

Taemin jerked and lifted his eyebrows in surprise.

Then I buried him into a tight hug, his whole being engulfed in my arms. His head lay perfectly on my shoulders, as if it has belonged there all along. I needed this. I needed to feel that his still here. That he didn’t disappear because of me. Like Paul. But at the same time as I engulfed him, I was afraid to break him. He was thin for a boy his height and age. Everything about him seems almost surreal. His milky white skin that seems almost transparent, like he’ll mist away the moment I let my eyes wander away from him. His chocolate walnut eyes that seem to stray off the moment I let go of his soft silky hands. His smile that seems to dazzle for another the moment I stop talking to him.  Then his small hand patted my back and I felt safe. Why is that so, I wonder? There was a hot sensation sizzling into my body from his contact. The warmth…it made me feel like my face was on fire. It spread like a virus into my whole being, and I swear, the dampness of my clothes were evapourating into hot air from my rising body temperature. What is this feeling? What is this sensation? Was I sick? Am I fevered from the rain? No, that’s not it. That is not right, because this warmth seems to have smoked out from the simple touch of his small, incapable hands and sinking into the depths of my heart. I have never experience such thing, even with Paul. What is wrong with me?

“H-Hyung?” Taemin asked. Then suddenly the hand that was on my back just a few minutes ago began pounding on it and Key was also trying to unlatch my arms from Taemin. Then Taemin began choking and Key bash my head.

“YOU BRUTE, YOU’RE CHOKING HIM!” Key roared, as I rubbed the side of my head feeling the injustice of the situation.

“Let’s go inside and talk,” Key said, pulling Taemin up and bringing him into out apartment with a rather happy Onew tagging onto Taemin guardedly, “And you, go change your clothes!” He said, turning back to look at me.

Before I can make it through the door, a familiar voice called out to me,

“Oppa. It’s Oppa isn’t it?”

Could it be? The luxurious midnight hair, the large doe eyes could belong to no other, but…  

I turned around.

Happy tears welled in her dark eyes as a slender hand covered in relief, “Oppa!”

 

 

..................................

dumdumdum....XD

just a quick chappy, hihi.

thank u to all of yous who subscribe and comment to this story! thank you so much!! (this deserves a gif XD) *hugs u all* 

 

should i post more?

tell me wat u think!

thanks for reading :)