chapter 1

Dancing amongst the daffodils

 

 

 

…”was in a crash” a soft sweet voice whispered.

“Both of them were in it.” The voice continued, “This one was drink driving. He wasn’t even legal to have a license!” The voice sighed, “Kids these days…I don’t even know what to say.”

“This is a really sad lost.” Another voice whispered back.

“Yeah…Also heard he has a little brother. Aish! He was such a kind fellow, helping out at the hospital and volunteering to play with the children even when he was so busy with all those part time jobs! Why did God have to take him? Why?”

As soon as my eyelids fluttered open, strong white lights hits me like water. I squint again, trying to clear my vision. I must have groaned, for a nurse, the one with the same sweet voice I’ve heard earlier, came up to me. Slowly, her face swam to focus. She was a middle-aged woman with kind eyes.

“Are you okay, Minho-goon?” she said

“I’ll go get the doctor.” Her friend said, dashing out of the room.

Because I kept groaning and wasn’t answering, she spoke again, “Does it hurt anywhere? Where does it hurt?”

But my focus wasn’t anywhere on her anymore. I was now pointing at the figure standing by the guest sofa, behind her. He was wearing a black sleeved shirt with a simple dark blue leather jacket on top and worn jeans. His hair was a walnut brown. His dark almond eyes twinkled in a smile that made me shiver.

“You,” I said hoarsely, “Are you okay? You weren’t hurt were you?”

The figure seemed surprise then, and pointed a finger at himself as if asking: you’re speaking to me?

“Yes, I’m speaking to you.”

“You can see me?” the figure asked excitedly.

Then the nurse’s face swam to my vision, “Minho-goon…may I ask who are you speaking to?”

“The guy right behind you.” I answered my voice still rusty from lack of use.

“Minho-goon…” the nurse began, “I know you have just woken up and I don’t want to confuse you in this state but…there is no one here but you and me.”

“There is. His standing right behind you” I answered.

The nurse looked behind her thoroughly, and then looked back at me calmly.

“There is no one here but you and me.” She said firmly.

“You’re kidding me.” I answered back at her, “His right there. His the one I nearly crashed! His walking towards us right now!”

I was sitting up now.

“The one you crash?” the nurse seems shocked, “Minho-goon, it is truly a sad lost, but the young man you’ve crushed…did not make it. He has passed away. But we’ll talk more about that later when you’re better. The doctor will arrive any moment now and then perhaps he can help you.” She held one hand on my uninjured arm, like a leash, in case I decided to do something.

I was in disbelief, “D-Dead? N-No” I said shaking my head, “If anyone needs to die, that would be me! This man” I pointed at the stranger, “He is the one in the accident, right? I remember him clearly! If this isn’t him, then who is he? Why can’t you see him?”

The man scratch the back of his head then sniffed his nose, “Well you see,” he started, “I appear to be…dead.”

 “Y-You’re kidding right? You can’t be.” I said, confused, “You’re standing right here!”

“When you crashed me, since then…I seemed to be dead. And when you see a dead person before you, most likely they’re ghosts.” The man answered.

“Y-You mean…I really killed you”

He nodded.

“And you’re now…?”

“A ghost” He confirmed.

 “And I’m the only one that can see you.”

He nodded.

I turned my head back to the nurse, “You really can’t see him?”

She shook her head at me.

I shook my head in disbelief, took the needles plunged in my wrists off of me only to be exclaimed by the nurse not to. But I didn’t listen and hopped off the bed, pushing her out of my way. This is the reason I hate hospitals. They either make me miserable or insane. I have to get out of here.

I took the jacket by the sofa, not caring who it belongs to and dashed out of the door into the hallway, thinking over whether I should visit the psychologist first or just leave.

“Hey, where are you going? If you have no where to go, can we go to my house?”

“I must have gone crazy.” I mumbled, hurrying along the hallway.

“Yah! How many times do I have to tell you that you’re not crazy. I’m all authentic! You’re not imagining me! Yah, I’m talking to you!”

I stopped abruptly, only to have a cold, shivery sensation running through me. All of a sudden, the stranger’s back was before me.

I pointed at him with a shaky hand, then at my chest, and back at him “Y-You d-didn’t went through me did you?”

The stranger laughed, “Well you see. It’s a trait for ghosts to go through things. It feels weird, I know. You believe me now?”

I didn’t know how to respond. Have I really gone crazy? Have I felt so lonely that I’m making my own invisible friend? Or is this really a ghost I’m seeing? I pulled my hair in frustration and kicked the wall. Wanting some confirmation, I stopped anyone I’ve met on the way out of the hospital, asking if they see a man wearing a blue jacket right beside me. But all I received was puzzled and sympathetic looks.

When I have gotten tired and sat panting at the park, close to the hospital building, the ghost floated towards me.

“I told you no one sees me”

I looked up at him doubtfully,

“and NO, you’re not crazy!” he continued, “ Aish! If you don’t believe me, ask someone at the hospital. What happened to the guy you crashed? They’ll all surely tell you his dead. That Lee Jinki is now dead!”

I covered my face with my hands in shame. What have I done?

 

 

 

 

 

 



----------------------------------------------------------------------
 hello,
please tell me what u think of it!

p.s. should i post more?

thanks for reading :)