Shy First Love

One Shot Palace!

The scent of freshly roasted coffee beans distracted the customers, preventing them from noticing how much time have passed.

14 people are inside the cafe, including the cafe owner. 6 females and an empty seat sat across 7 males. Some of them were tapping onto the floor tile impatiently, waiting for the last person to arrive. Some were surfing the net to burn some time for the same reason.

There were one, who were staring at the door, dreading that the session would last.

The cafe owner came out from it's roasting room and scanned around, a deep frown carved on her face. "She's not here yet?" The event was just about to start and there is still one person missing.

"Baek Hee-shii, let's just start the event already. I don't think the lady will be coming." The female sitting beside an empty seat suggested.

The cafe owner, otherwise named Baek Hee, shook her head violently. "No no no. Let's just wait for 5 more minutes alright? If she doesn't arrive in 5, we'll just get it started."

"Whatever you say." the female shrugged. Baek Hee clasped her hands together and prayed, "Please have the girl here on time."

Tic toc, tic toc, tic toc.....

4 minutes have passed and still not even a sign of the girl.

"1 more minute. 1 more." Baek Hee smiled sheepishly as her heart pumped faster, expecting the invited female to arrive anytime.

Seconds before the second-hand reached twelve, the bell fixed at the door resonated. The ends of hitched upwards as she welcomed the last of the 14. "So sorry that I'm late! Someone just had to spill juice on my shirt so I had to travel back home to change." the lady bowed in apology.

As if on cue, everyone's neck snapped into the direction of the lady who just came in.

"Oh god.... Park Hae Jin, you're so gonna get it from me later on." new face cursed under her breath as she cringed at the sudden gain of attention.

"It's alright! You're not late, just in time. Are you the substitute for Hae Jin?" Baek Hee asked. "Yep, Hae Jin ends late every Monday. So I'm here." the new face nodded as she sat in on the last empty seat, attempting to cover her face in embarrassment.

The new face had worn a knitted dark blue long sleeved jumper, length extended till her upper part of her thighs. To compliment her long, y and milky legs, she wore black hot pants and a pair of black leather boots that rose up to her the middle of her calves. To go with her outfit, she had worn a black wrap bracelet and carried a black leather envelope clutch.

Anyone could point out that her favourite colour was black and it was way too obvious.

 

"Alright then! Let's start~" Baek Hee sang. "I'll explain what to do since some of you from what I can see, are new faces." Baek Hee exclaimed excitedly.

"So, the ladies will have the honor of moving to the different seats I have given to each of you. After every 5 to 8 minutes, you'll need to change partners," she continued. "Everyone's ready? Then let's go!!!" Baek Hee clapped her hands loudly.

"Let's just go for the good-looking ones first then save the most handsome for the last." new face thought. On cue, new face stood up and walked to towards the boy at the other end of the table.

"Hi." new face flashed a friendly smile at the male.

"Greetings." the male replied, flashing her a crooked smile.

New face's smile became more stoic as the male before her continue rattled away about random stuff. She had hardly spoke a word in this exchange of words. So far, the only thing she did was to smile and nod at times.

Appearance, check. Qualities, passable. Personality, definitely a big NO. Problems? Pass or Fail? Fail, an F definitely. Reasons, WAY TOO TALKATIVE. Worst than her grandma and mom combined.

Her eyes wandered off somewhere in the cafe, as long as it's not landing at the talkative guy, it was okay for her. "I'll probably name him Grey Parrot," she agreed with herself silently.

"Okay, now it's your turn to speak." the male smiled. New face squeezed her eyes shut in irritation and opened her eyes, greeting the male with a stoic face expression that the male didn't seem to catch.

As if like a miracle, Baek Hee clapped her hands again and gained their attention.

"Change your partners now!" her eye smile mesmerized the crowd. Smiling in glee, new face jumped out of her seat and went for the next seat. Words simply couldn't convey her feelings right now to be able to escape from Grey Parrot.

The next few rounds were like personally experiencing the 18 levels of Hell in the underworld. Only two situations happened in this circumstances. Either the guy got carried away talking about himself and bragging about how smart or wealthy he is(but new face didn't really cared, though) or the guys busy explaining about the choice of clothes as the way they wore were way too formal for the event.

"Last change before we get to another section!" Baek Hee reminded.

"Sigh, it's going to be another boring exchange." new face muttered under her breath, making sure no one had heard it.

As soon as she sat back to the first seat that she took at the start and looked at his partner, her heart skipped a beat.

The guy sitting across her was wearing a black leather Cap with the peak of the cap facing the wall of the cafe. With HBA long-sleeved black sweatshirt with a long silver simple necklace to compliment his unseen build and black sweatpants to complete his style. With a contrast, he wore a white Nike Terminator High Premium ND that went just above his ankles.

His facial features had seemed to put off his 'swaggish' feel. His distinctive baby fats hiding behind his cheek and the chubbiness surrounding his eyes, creating an eye smile too cute to be 'swaggish.'

New face raised her eyebrow in delight, seems like she was not the only one who adores black.  

"Hey." New face approached with a friendly and warm tone.

"Hello there." the guy shyly replied, scratching the back of his head.

When he smiled, crescent moons formed on his eyes. It was really cute that New Face had to fight the urge to pinch his cheeks and squirm about.

One more thing that made New Face more interested in him is the guy owns an enchanting voice. A content smile spread across New Face's face. She was officially interested in this guy.

"What's your name?" New face took the initiative to speak up, unlike the previous times.

"Park Ji Min. How about you?" Immediately New Face could see the orbs of the male.

"Lee Hae Ra is my name." new face introduced, beaming already.

"So, she/he is Hae Ra/Ji Min." both Hae Ra and Jimin thought, smiling to themselves shyly.

"What do you major in?" Jimin spoke up, trying his best to warm up to Hae Ra as soon as possible. "Music, how about you?" Hae Ra sat up and perked her eyes to listen in for Jimin's answer.

"Same here!" Jimin chuckled. "So, which university are you attending?" Hae Ra asked, keeping her interest at the highest of the highest. "SNU(Seoul National University)."

"Wow, that was the one of the best schools around Seoul!" Hae Ra looked at him in awe. "I'm in Yonsei," she answered, after taking few seconds to recover from the little shock. "You're not so bad yourself." Jimin grinned.

Butterflies flew inside HaeRa's stomach as Jimin patted her, making her panic more than ever. Taking a deep breath, she tried to calm herself despite the fact that Jimin was oblivious to his own cuteness.

"Why did you attend this speed dating event anyways?" Jimin started looking into her eyes. Oh god, Jimin's stare seem to penetrate her soul faster than the speed of light. "O-oh w-well. My best friend, Hae Jin was supposed to come like I mentioned upon arrival, but she have classes so yeah. She practically begged me to be here." Hae Ra awkwardly smiled.

"Somehow, I feel you. I'm in the same situation." Jimin nodded his head in agreement. "No way!" Hae Ra laughed in disbelief. "Oh yes way. My junior or rather, my dongsaeng had begged me to come since he wasn't free and he didn't want to waste it." Jimin explained, laughing at himself.

HaeRa smiled engagingly as he continued explaining. Weird, when the other guys she met awhile ago had talked nonstop, she would be so annoyed. When Jimin is blabbering about, she's so interested in him.

"Yah Lee HaeRa, are you falling for him already? Give up! SNU and Yonsei are far enough and the fate of you two will end here!" HaeRa scolded herself mentally, shaking her thoughts away.

"HaeRa? Anything wrong?" Jimin asked. "Absolutely nothing. Go on." HaeRa forced herself to smile brightly to avoid the awkward stop. "So, where do you live?" Jimin asked. "Not that far, merely few blocks away from this cafe but far enough to get me late for this event." HaeRa joked.

"Are you serious? I'm live nearby too!" Jimin got so excited that his eyes started sparkling. "But I've never seen you anywhere in my neighbourhood!" HaeRa laughed. "Me neither!" Jimin agreed.

Both of them burst out laughing at each other statements as they feel so funny and careless to have not seen each other though they are staying in the same neighborhood.

"Seems like you guys have enjoyed your time, but sadly it's time to stop!" Baek Hee eyed both HaeRa and Jimin, making both of them blush in unison.

"Okay, going to the next activity! Let's draw lots and I'll explain to you." Baek Hee instructed as she handed out the box of lots.

"Gather in your groups," Baekhee ordered. The cafe soon became like a wet market. Everyone was finding their partner and shouting out the numbers and randomly raising up their hands. "I got a 7." HaeRa thought, looking around for a potential target number 7.

"Jimin-shii, what did you get?" HaeRa lightly tapped Jimin's shoulder, while he kept on turning around to search for his same number partner. "I got a 7. What number did you get?"

HaeRa's heart stopped. No way, such a coincidence. A huge smile crept up HaeRa's face.

"I've got 7 too! We're lucky!!" HaeRa laughed, showing him her lot. "Such a coincidence." Jimin beamed, exchanged smiles with HaeRa.

"Alright, our next and last activity is to let you guys go out and have a walk with your lucky partner!" Baek Hee revealed. Some of their breath hitched, some clicked their tongue in irritation while there was few pair who were grinning like an idiot. Jimin and HaeRa were examples of grinning like a total idiot.

"Alright alright, I can see some of you so excited for a little walk! Go go go!!!" Baek Hee pointed towards the door. Some of them rushed out of the cafe, while some groaned and sat down on the chair assigned in the start.

One of the very excited couples were Jimin and HaeRa. No actually, Jimin was the one who is excited while HaeRa, on the other hand, was so nervous to the core that she can sense herself breaking out in cold sweat.

Jimin unknowingly grabbed onto Haera's wrist and led her out of the cafe. HaeRa couldn't stop blushing while trying to keep up with Jimin and she giggled like a girl in love. Or she is?

After coming out of the cafe, their speed has slowed down by almost half.

"So, what do you want to do first?" Jimin asked, excitedly. He could practically jump and scream in nervousness at the idea of walking through streets together with HaeRa.

For a moment, Jimin thought HaeRa was unhappy to actually have to spend time with him as she was lowering her head as if she was in a bad mood. "HaeRa?" Jimin nudged.

"Yes?" HaeRa replied almost immediately, looking up at him. HaeRa regretted her actions as she could still feel her cheeks burning red. "What's wrong?" Jimin asked worriedly, cupping her cheeks as he let go of her hands.

HaeRa blushed more after that. Both of them exchanged pure awkwardness looks as HaeRa intentionally coughed. Jimin let got of his hands, mentally cursed as he blushed hard at the contact.

"Shall we continue?" HaeRa asked, breaking the dry silence surrounding them.

"A-alright." Jimin stuttured, unable to get over what he just did.

Throughout the walk, both of them maintained a good distance between them to avoid any awkward situations.

The ends of Jimin's mouth tipped up as he spotted a waffle shop. "HaeRa-sshii, do you like waffles?" he asked as he his lips. HaeRa's ears perk up at the mention of her favourite snack. "Waffles are my favourite!" she beamed.

"Me too!" Jimin agreed, glad that they found a similar thing to talk about. "They are best eaten with chocolate!" HaeRa chirped, showing a thumbs up. "Let's have waffles! My treat!" Jimin's eyes glittered with excitement as both of them head to the waffle shop.

"Two waffles with chocolate, please!" Jimin called, trying to contain his excitement about waffles. Both of the two were focused on the handing out of crispy brown waffles as they swallowed their saliva. When it comes to waffles, they can forgo almost anything. Waffles were like the best thing that had happened in their life.

As the two of them were too focused on waiting for their waffles to be handed to them, they didn't notice three boys as if spying on them.

"Hyung, are we really gonna do this? I feel so embarrassed!" the one wearing a black t-shirt with long black pants and going with a pair of bright yellow nike shoes.

"Shut up Jungkook! If you don't want to get caught, keep quiet!" the purlish-brown hair boy wearing HBA black long-sleeved tee with a red gym shorts scolded.

"Both of you shut up! I need to listen in!" the eldest of all hushed.

"Taehyung! Jungkook! Follow in!" the eldest, otherwise named J-Hope signalled them.

"Kamsahamnida!!" HaeRa and Jimin cheered happily in unison to the ahjumma who had served them. The ahjumma chuckled, "Couples like you two are cute!"

HaeRa almost choked onto her waffle as she heard what the ahjumma said, surprising Jimin. "Ahjumma, we're not a couple." Jimin corrected sheepishly as he patted HaeRa's back. "I can see you both have chemistry! Like me and my old man! It's a waste for you two not to be dating!" the ahjumma laughed, recalling the old times.

Awkward silence enveloped both of them as they bowed and quickly exited the shop.

Jimin and HaeRa were giggling as they exchanged words about the waffles and the playful three boys followed behind the two, completely conscious of themselves.

Jungkook was busy on a lookout for himself as he found it too embarrassing to be following his hyung around. He threw embarrassed glances with gritted teeth to passersby and didn't notice that the two other of his company stopped. "Ofph!" J-Hope and Taehyung fell forward as Jungkook bumped into them.

Both of the boys sprawled onto the ground, glaring at Jungkook, who sent them apologetic glances before helping them up. "You better not do this again. It hurts." Taehyung faked a hit at Jungkook, making the maknae flinch.

-

"The waffle is nice." HaeRa commented as she continued munching on them. "If you think this is nice, that means you haven't tried the others. I know of a place that is very famous for selling awesome waffles." Jimin said.

"Really? Where is it at?!" HaeRa squealed in excitement. "It's at Hongdae area. I'll bring you there next time." Jimin nodded his head, not realizing that there are chocolate stains at the end of his mouth.

"Are you serious! If so, thank you so much!" HaeRa eye smiled at Jimin as the both of them continued eating. Everything came to a stop when HaeRa suddenly burst out laughing. "Is there something funny?" Jimin looked at her with curiosity.

"Look at you, you still haven't grown up yet huh?" HaeRa teased as she helped Jimin wipe off the chocolate stain on his face.

With that move, Jimin's heart leaped. His jaws clenched, eyes widened in panic and his cheeks started to warm up.

The expression on Jimin was so cute that HaeRa had to admit that he was charming. Simply stunning. Not to mention the slight scent of cologne on him that makes HaeRa think that he is extremely charming.

While on the other hand, Jimin was so taken aback by HaeRa's sudden action that he stared at HaeRa's face.

Her define features. Big eyes yet could make the eye smile that brighten up everyone's day easily. , always seems to tip up to smile any second. Her nose, cutely shaped. Her skin is equipped with less makeup to enhance her emphasize on her milky skin. Jimin liked each and everything of her. She was as enchanting as Jimin thought she was.

At the back of the yet germinated couple, three boys are gaping, trying to have a look at the female who is beside their buddy. "Taehyung! Move it, I need to see how gorgeous is the girl!" J-Hope exhaled frustratingly, harshly pushing the purplish-brown hair boy away.

"Yah Hyung!" the latter almost yelled, making Jungkook jump. "Can you both shut up! Look who's the one being noisy!" Jungkook scoffed. The older ones threw a death glare at Jungkook as he avoided the glares by turning to the opposite direction.

"Let's go to that accessories shop! There's lots of cool stuff inside!" Jimin pointed to a shop with a skull on board above the shop. "Alright!" HaeRa nodded her head rapidly, glad that Jimin suggested places instead of her. She rarely came out of her curb other than getting waffles and studying in the cafe.

Jimin took one deep breath before taking HaeRa's hand with him. HaeRa, pretty much taken aback by his actions stared at him in panic. The number of butterflies are fluttering around her stomach right now grew instantly and rapidly. It seemed impossible to end it.

It was a uni accessories shop. The accessories there were pretty cool. Peace sign necklaces, miniature dreamcatcher rings and necklaces and bracelets and lots more.

When HaeRa first step into the shop, something had already caught her eye.

"Hey Jimin!" the shopkeeper greeted, exchanging friendly gestures with Jimin while HaeRa continued staring at a certain object.

"Hey there! Feel free to look at anything!" the shopkeeper greeted, her welcome seems warm enough to get one comfortable in this shop.

"HaeRa-sshii, feel free to walk around. I'll be looking at accessories too." Jimin lightly tapped her shoulder, informing her. HaeRa nodded slowly, mourn silently for the loss of attention from Jimin.

"Ehh, can you get me that golden chain necklace down for me? I'd like to take a look." HaeRa pointed at the necklace she had landed her eyes on. "You have a good taste for accessories! This piece is the most selling piece I've ever had!" the shopkeeper complimented.

"Thank you. I would like to purchase this," HaeRa was just about to retrieve her wallet from her small bag when the shopkeeper stopped her. "I'm sorry, this piece of accessory is being booked, can't be sold." the shopkeeper smiled sheepishly.

"By who?" HaeRa asked as she blinked. "By your friend over there, Park JiMin." the shopkeeper revealed. "Ohh." HaeRa nodded in understanding. "It's okay, I'll take a look at the other pieces." she smiled, moving.

"HaeRa-sshii?" Jimin called, signaling her to walk over to him. "Yeah?" Haera asked, lighting you. "What do you think of this pair of ring?" he asked, pointing to a pair of simple design silver coloured ring. Haera bitterly smiled, it must be for his girlfriend.

"It's nice. Simple and light, I think your girlfriend would like it." Haera nodded, ends of hitched upwards, throwing her sadness away. "Uuhh, I don't have a girlfriend." Jimin confessed, scratching the back of his head sheepishly.

Haera's mood instantly lighten up, "Really?" she blurted out in excitement. She bit her lips in regret, she shouldn't have been so straightforward. "Yeap, but it's for someone I really like." Jimin's eyes turned into crescent moons and he chuckled. The thought of presenting the gift to the girl he's fond of made his heart leap nonstop.

"Uuhh." Haera felt like breaking out in tears. He had a crush, which means its zero chances for Haera. Her shoulder level dropped drastically, too obvious for the shopkeeper to spot.

"Do you know that your friend, that lady over there is fond of you?" the cashier revealed, shaking her head. "Really?" Jimin's face light up, already beaming. "Wait, did you not know?" Jimin's friend scoffed. "I didn't, oh god. Thanks alot!" Jimin bit his lips cutely as he finish the payment of the rings.

"Good luck on your confession." Jimin smiled in glee, "Thanks."

-

"Did Jimin hyung just purchase a pair of ring?!" Jungkook's mouth gaped opened in shock. "Yeah, there he is!" Taehyung called, pointing at the pair of friends walking out of the shop.

"Just keep quiet, will you two?" J-Hope hushed them, sending them dagger-like stares.

"Let's follow on!" Jungkook spoke out of excitement, pulling the two other along.

-

"What's with the sudden change of mood? Is there anything wrong?" Jimin stopped as he asked, a face filled with worry. "Nah, everything's alright." Haera shook her head.

"Haera-shii, do you know how my crush looks like?" Jimin excitedly beamed. "Of course not. She must be some real beauty." Haera bitterly replied, kicking the fallen leaves.

"Yeah, she's really pretty! When she smiles, her big, round eyes form a pair of pretty looking crescents and it feels like when I look at , she's ready to flash her smile to me anytime!" Jimin described eagerly.

"She must be very likeable then." Haera pursed her lips, holding in her sadness. "You know what, when I first landed my eyes on her, she's like a goddess from heaven!" he continued in delight.

"Sounds so unapproachable." Haera shifted uneasily. "I knew it! It's not only me that feel that way! But actually, she's easy to talk to!" Jimin clapped his hands. Haera took in a deep breath, she felt like vomiting. Listening to her crush describe another person he likes is definitely not the best way to approach them.

"There's so many things that I like about her! She has the same major as me, she likes the same things as me, she stays in the same area as me. It's a pity she att-"

"It's enough." Haera finally cut away his words. "What?" Jimin widened his eyes, not able to comprehend the situation. "I said, it's enough Jimin." she sighed, walking away.

Jimin, looked at her, flustered. "Wait, Haera!"

"Jimin-sshii, don't you get it? I like you! I'm jealous of you liking some other girl than me, okay? I think you might be aware that the fact that I like you, but you refused to acknowledge that I like you! I know that you don't like me, I got the message loud and clear! So, I'm going off now!" Haera burst out in frustration.

After listening to Haera's rant, Jimin chuckled. This made Haera seethe in anger, "What is there to laugh about? My stupidity?" Haera scoffed, crossing her arms.

"Do you know the name of the girl I'm fond of?" Jimin asked, tucking his hands in his pockets. Haera's face carved a stern expression, "Do I look like I care about the name of your crush right now?"

"Her name is Lee HaeRa. HaeRa, and that's you." Jimin revealed. "I said I didn't ca- What?!" Haera widened her eyes as big as saucers and stared at him.

Jimin burst out in laughter, "The ring is for you!"

Haera stared at him, her heart was leaping miles and miles and refused to stop. "Since the moment you've stepped into the cafe, I've fallen in love with you." he confessed.

Jimin opened the paper bag and casually handed her the ring, "I was wondering if," he asked, biting his lips shyly.

"Wondering if?" Haera encouraged him to go on as the ends of could almost reach her cheeks. Jimin took in a deep breath and cast a look at her, "I was wondering if, you, Lee HaeRa, would be my girlfriend."

The insides of Haera squirmed in bliss, as much as she wanted to scream and shout in joy, she had to control her feelings. "I'll give it a thought." Haera slyly smiled. "What?" Jimin blinked in surprise.

"I don't know. Should I say yes or no?" Haera grinned.

"OF COURSE YES!" three guys chorused. Jimin snapped his head and turned to the three. "YOU THREE?" he gritted his teeth as he looked at Jungkook, Taehyung and J-Hope respectively.

"Covered blown. Take off!" Taehyung shouted, dragging the two other away.

"You know them?" Haera chuckled, amazed. "Yeah, one of them are the one who said he won't be able to attend the event today." Jimin explained.

"Which one was he? I need to thank him personally." Haera walked slowly, allowing Jimin to follow up closely. "Why do you have to thank Taehyung personally? You know him?" Jimin frowned.

"Who else can I thank when he's the one that led my boyfriend to me?" Haera replied, grinning bashfully. "Who's your boyfriend?!" Jimin jumped at the mention.

It took him quite awhile to realise that Haera was talking about him. Jimin bit his lips to contain his excitement, "So you say, we're dating now?!" Jimin grinned in glee.

"What do you think?" Haera asked, interlocking her fingers with his. "I can't believe this! I'M SO LUCKY!" Jimin shouted out loud. "Tone down." Haera chuckled.

"I love you so much." Jimin jumped on the spot cheerfully.

Haera motioned Jimin to move in closer, Jimin moved closer, expecting to hear her voice or somehow was taken aback by Haera's sudden move. She gave him a peck on the cheeks. He could almost hear her giggle as she walked away.

Jimin pursed his lips into a thin line and pulled Haera back. His lips landed on hers, making both of their heartbeat skyrocket. Invisible fireworks exploded as their lips moved in unison. Haera could feel Jimin's lips smirking as the both of them continued kissing.

Both of them pulled away, exchanging knowing looks with each other. They interlocked their hands and this time, they went for a real date.

"So, this is what love is," Haera thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feedbacks are welcomed!! :) Subscribe if you haven't! Feel free to ask for a one shot of your favourite artists! Or not.. XDDD